Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CCC Announcement: Age Limit

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: CCC Announcement: Age Limit
Post By LintuwolfWiing. 16/08/10, 12:24 pm

@bridget that is in no way a helpful post. Please refrain from posting such things in the future.

Shawn

Last edited by LintuwolfWiing on 16/08/10, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
LintuwolfWiing
LintuwolfWiing
paoupu fruit

Number of posts : 458
Transforms into : not Edward Cullen >.<
Registration date : 2008-05-03

CCC Announcement: Age Limit - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://rasmuswings.deviantart.com/

Post By sakura-uchiha. 16/08/10, 12:24 pm

Bartzluver wrote:
Cactiberry wrote:

Isn't that promoting what you guys are against, eg. exclusion of age groups?

I'm only trying to help. CCC Announcement: Age Limit - Page 4 21673

(LMAO at face icon)
Don't be sad ^^
*pats on back*
It's just i think it would be fun if all age groups could still be together and not split
**still dying from laughter at face**
sakura-uchiha
sakura-uchiha
Tophat

Number of posts : 140
Transforms into : a katt!!
Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/qkatp, https://www.facebook.com/home.ph

Post By Riven_. 16/08/10, 12:25 pm

If you guys want to discuss making/running a group for older members you're free to do so, but not in this thread. I'll leave these posts where they are, but any more discussion which is not directly related to the new rule will be deleted. Thanks guys!
Riven_
Riven_
Advice Guru

Number of posts : 1961
Transforms into : The Procrastinator!

Back to top Go down
http://crescent-fall.livejournal.com

Post By Ze Pervy Kappa. 16/08/10, 12:28 pm

Don't get me started. it is okay for a ban for 30 year old and higher but it is not okay for them to have a forum 18 years and older?

I think most of these people here are discriminating.
Ze Pervy Kappa
Ze Pervy Kappa
binary candycane

Number of posts : 967
Transforms into : SUPER SONIC
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post By Bridget. 16/08/10, 12:30 pm

Hey heres an idea, how about we leave the age range to the organiser of each event and leave attendance to the parents, if the parents of the younger members feel comfortable with them to attend then they can go.
Bridget
Bridget
Almighty

Number of posts : 323
Transforms into : Something more womanly :3
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down
http://gayxqueenxitachi.deviantart.com/

Post By Guest. 16/08/10, 12:31 pm

sakura-uchiha wrote:

It's just i think it would be fun if all age groups could still be together and not split

I agree so much. (: That's why I'm fighting for the new rule not to come in. If the 20+ forum doesn't work, I can always turn it into a game or anime forum whatevers. No worries. <: But yeah I agree. The age group shouldn't be split, but if the new rule comes through aren't the older members going to be split anyways ??

@ Kiki. The new forum was using Seraphik's suggestion of a 20 + group.

Back to top Go down

Post By Cactiberry. 16/08/10, 12:32 pm

Ze Pervy Kappa wrote:
Don't get me started. it is okay for a ban for 30 year old and higher but it is not okay for them to have a forum 18 years and older?

I think most of these people here are discriminating.

Sorry to possibly spark MORE arguments, but how is creating a R18 forum NOT discriminating to the majority of cosplayers that are under 18? :/
Cactiberry
Cactiberry
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2283
Transforms into : sharpedo
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post By LintuwolfWiing. 16/08/10, 12:33 pm

It is okay for the older members to make a 18+ group. We never said you guys couldn't. Just not in this thread, as it's not about starting a group, but a bout age limits.

Shawn
LintuwolfWiing
LintuwolfWiing
paoupu fruit

Number of posts : 458
Transforms into : not Edward Cullen >.<

Back to top Go down
http://rasmuswings.deviantart.com/

Post By collarander. 16/08/10, 12:33 pm

Oh dear, I really don't think there's going to be a way to solve this issue without one side giving out.
Personally I feel this decision was unfair, and a bit sudden. It really should have been put out for the Christchurch club to discuss before being set in stone.

I understand that parents will worry about their children being around older adults, but can't we make a compromise on that extreme rather than cut out the people over the age of thirty? As I'm sure there are many people in this club (myself included), that would vouch for some particular over thirty's whom they would trust to be at club events. As people mentioned before, a rep system would be nice, but other than that, I'm sure the club organisers know who is trustworthy out of that age group and who is not.

Why not at least give these people some leeway; allow them to come to events, but just be a bit more critical in judging their behaviour, and if it comes across as inappropriate, then eject them from the club?
And for those concerned parents, let them know that stricter rules apply for people over thirty, and that the ones that attend events have been advised of the issues regarding age and have to an extent, proven themselves to be trustworthy (which I'm sure can be done by asking other members of the club).

The thing is, these club members were here for a while now, even before parents began to raise concerns, and many more will appear as time passes and people age. The parents concerned should be spoken to and at least reassured that our over 30's are dilligent, rather than having loyal CCC members being cut off every few years.
collarander
collarander
Ultimatum

Number of posts : 228
Transforms into : a nyan cat? I wish lol
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down
http://www.collarander.deviantart.com

Post By Kitty of Doom. 16/08/10, 12:34 pm

Bridget wrote:
Hey heres an idea, how about we leave the age range to the organiser of each event and leave attendance to the parents, if the parents of the younger members feel comfortable with them to attend then they can go.

Like this idea:)

Edit to make post less useless. I won't lie, I sometimes feel uncomfortable around the older people, especially guys but that's mainly because I haven't been around guys since I was seven. New Zealand likes its single-sex schools. With the age thing, I'm battling a mentality of 'Why am I talking to these people? I am inferior because I am younger and less mature so I should stop wasting their time. Once again, also because of school, people in my year are horrified that I am friends with nineteen year olds. I personally though don't have a problem with the older people, I just avoid them because of the mentality I have.

Perhaps we should have nights which are sometimes more geared to 20+ and other nights which are for everyone.

Last edited by Kitty of Doom on 16/08/10, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kitty of Doom
Kitty of Doom
Winner of the Beginner's Luck Award

Number of posts : 927
Transforms into : giant-omnomnoming-cookie-mon
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post By Riven_. 16/08/10, 12:36 pm

@Corallander. I will repeat myself again for you from what I said in the very first post:
Quote :
If you have a query or are over 30 and want to attend an event, feel free to PM a CCC-mod/the organiser.

Please reread my other replies to this topic and I think you'll find most of your other questions answered.
Riven_
Riven_
Advice Guru

Back to top Go down

Post By Ze Pervy Kappa. 16/08/10, 12:37 pm

Catiberry: This ban IS discriminating against age..
And I never said it was going to be put here. As Claire has stated it is a completely different forum. Yes under 18's will feel hurt for not being able to join but how do you think Highlander and RainbowMoonDust feel? It is the same.

Shawn: Thank you for understanding.

Bridget: Good idea. Very Happy

Maybe this thread should be locked?

[Edited by a MOD] Please do not double post
Ze Pervy Kappa
Ze Pervy Kappa
binary candycane

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 16/08/10, 12:38 pm

Cactiberry wrote:

Isn't that promoting what you guys are against, eg. exclusion of age groups?
CCC Announcement: Age Limit - Page 4 875635

Yes and no. First the CCC has already stated it is going to exclude on age. You can't ban people and then complain that they go off and do their own thing with their own friends. But the untended effect of events having to be organised to accommodate the 13 y.o.s is it does not cater to a lot of older people anyway.

Also we have asked that the CCC have the two sections as part of the club, and they have refused. This has been brought up before on CNZ and shot down too.

So when we are not being listen to or catered for then what else can we do. The CCC mods have wished us well in this. But like the events we want are not necessarily ones the under 18's would want, so they may not mind so much? And like as soon as just one beer is involved, or an R16 movie/anime, then it has to be age restricted.

But remember that we will still be on CNZ, at sunday night events, at some orivate gatherings, and that people up to 30 can attend CCC events anyway, so it only excludes two people anyway. And even then we can PM about coming.

Finally didn't I say I was not going to discuss the separate issue of an over 18 club on a thread about the CCC and it's under 30 limit.

I suggest people stop discussing over 18 stuff here. Those of us who wish to do something about this will discuss it privately, off the CNZ forums. If you are afraid you might miss out PM me.

Collarander: I think one side has given way. Emma and I are as happy as we are ever going to be about this.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By Bridget. 16/08/10, 12:42 pm

Ze Pervy Kappa wrote:
Maybe this thread should be locked?
Agreed unless you still want to discuss this issue further. If you do not want anymore discuss this anymore then lock it so you dont have to further repeat yourself.
Bridget
Bridget
Almighty

Back to top Go down

Post By Ze Pervy Kappa. 16/08/10, 12:46 pm

Kitty of Doom wrote:
Bridget wrote:

Like this idea:)

Edit to make post less useless. I won't lie, I sometimes feel uncomfortable around the older people, especially guys but that's mainly because I haven't been around guys since I was seven. New Zealand likes its single-sex schools. With the age thing, I'm battling a mentality of 'Why am I talking to these people? I am inferior because I am younger and less mature so I should stop wasting their time. Once again, also because of school, people in my year are horrified that I am friends with nineteen year olds. I personally though don't have a problem with the older people, I just avoid them because of the mentality I have.

Perhaps we should have nights which are sometimes more geared to 20+ and other nights which are for everyone.

I like this idea. Very Happy

I used to be like that when I was younger, but I was always scared of older people. When I was around 10. But then I guess I knew when to stand up and protect myself. Nothing bad has happened with older people. Mainly younger people..
Ze Pervy Kappa
Ze Pervy Kappa
binary candycane

Back to top Go down

Post By Kitten Slave. 16/08/10, 12:47 pm

Someone lock it for heavens sake, and I swear, if I see this cropping up in the rants section, I am going to go ballistic.

stare
Kitten Slave
Kitten Slave
forum prisoner.

Number of posts : 2977
Transforms into : A horny school girl.
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post By collarander. 16/08/10, 12:47 pm

Riven_ wrote:
@Corallander. I will repeat myself again for you from what I said in the very first post:
Quote :
If you have a query or are over 30 and want to attend an event, feel free to PM a CCC-mod/the organiser.

Please reread my other replies to this topic and I think you'll find most of your other questions answered.

Sorry Riven, it's just that I feel it's inappropriate to ask people over 30, who are well over the age limit of adulthood, to continually have to ask permission to attend events. Though I know it is entirely in you right to create and reinforce such a rule; The sole purpose was to alleviate the worries of the younger members parents, but in doing that, you caused worry and concern within the club members themselves...kinda fixed one problem only to have another one sprout from it.
collarander
collarander
Ultimatum

Back to top Go down

Post By Riven_. 16/08/10, 12:54 pm

Collarander, we knew and expected that not everyone was going to like this rule. We're talking to the people effected by this through PM, and doing the best we can with a bad situation. All this negative reaction is not going to change our minds, however the helpful suggestions which some people have made (thank you bridget Razz) will be considered by us to see what can be done.

EDIT: I'm leaving the topic open for now. I think there's still some civilised discussion to be had, but if it gets off topic or gets nasty I won't hesitate to lock it and delete everything in sight. Cool

Last edited by Riven_ on 16/08/10, 12:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Riven_
Riven_
Advice Guru

Back to top Go down

Post By Emo!Axel. 16/08/10, 12:55 pm

Even I have a complex about talking to older people, even though I'm at an age that parents/caregivers wouldn't find appropriate to hang out with the younger members, so I am actually supportive of this move by the mods.
Emo!Axel
Emo!Axel
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down
http://dappermodeactivated.tumblr.com

Post By Bridget. 16/08/10, 12:58 pm

Riven_ wrote:
Collarander, we knew and expected that not everyone was going to like this rule. We're talking to the people effected by this through PM, and doing the best we can with a bad situation. All this negative reaction is not going to change our minds, however the helpful suggestions which some people have made (thank you bridget Razz) will be considered by us to see what can be done.
No problem, i just think that calling it an age limit and using words like ban are a bit overimposing and could be the reason some people are reacting to it with so much anger.
Bridget
Bridget
Almighty

Back to top Go down

Post By collarander. 16/08/10, 01:05 pm

Riven_ wrote:

EDIT: I'm leaving the topic open for now. I think there's still some civilised discussion to be had, but if it gets off topic or gets nasty I won't hesitate to lock it and delete everything in sight. Cool

Oh I didn't mean to come off as imposing or aggressive (I apologise if I did), this decision is obviously as hard for you as it is for the other members to accept, I just hoped that maybe there might be another way to solve this issue.
collarander
collarander
Ultimatum

Back to top Go down

Post By Riven_. 16/08/10, 01:09 pm

Haha, it's cool. I think everyone's just a little wound up and jumpy tonight. Hopefully when I see some of you guys we can talk this face to face and see if we can't make a little more sense of the stuff you're having issues with.
Riven_
Riven_
Advice Guru

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 16/08/10, 01:15 pm

I'm here to merely state my opinion. And I may be repeating what have already been said anyway...

I don't like this rule. I myself do like the people who are affected. Maybe that's why I can't shake this feeling off me.

I know it must have been hard for you mods. I do understand where this decision was coming from, and I'll respect it.
However the rule is set, suggestions have been made, and I hope it gets sorted out...I really wish there is a way to work this out with both sides not having to lose something...

pointless post is pointless...*sigh*

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 16/08/10, 01:21 pm

Kitty of Doom wrote:

Look KOD this is part of growing up. I know peoples reaction sometimes is to separate the little kid from the thing aggravating them. But while that works at 1 or at 5, it's not really always appropriate at 14. You just are not a little kid anymore. Being in a school like you are is suppose to make you academically better. But as side effect is that it is suppose to make you safer. There are disadvantages. to it too. Lack of socialization with the opposite sex may be good at the moment, but may not not when you are dumped back into society. Similar for older people. At 13 I was comfortable around adults most of the time. I also knew who to trust. And removing older people is not going to make you get use to them. Part of growing up is to learn to socialize at older and older levels. Thats why they call it growing up.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By Peterofl. 16/08/10, 01:43 pm

Okay, I think it's time I post my opinion.

I really, really don't mean to come off harsh to the older members, but seriously? I feel it's inappropriate to argue about something when it is entirely obvious, (it is said in the first post, even), that a lot of the younger members that attend the event feel uncomfortable around older people. Especially since they are there as members, not as officials or whatever they are called. :X

If you cared about the other members feelings (which I hope you should, and I'm not naming any names what-so-ever here), then you should respect and understand why this rule has been put into place.

It's been in debate over the mods of almost over a year, and I doubt that it's going to change. These things happen, but like Anne said, it is for the benefit of the club. I myself, even as a male, feel uncomfortable around older people that I don't know. (as in, they aren't a family friend, or something similar, and it's gender irrelevant).

I'm not allowed to go play at Chipmunks anymore. Meh, I get over it. I have other things I can spend my time doing. (Sorry if this sounds brutal, but it's the simplest way I can seem to put it).

Also, it's not a good idea to compare the CCC to any other club. There are SO many R16 and R18+ clubs out there. Heck, we can't even go into the Casino until we're 20 (21?) even if we only want to get lunch there with our parents or something, or attend a 21st! The CCC is it's /OWN/ club, with its own rules. If there is an upper age limit, so be it.

Honestly. If this club was R29- from the start, there wouldn't be any fuss at all. Why can't you just accept the mods' mistake and move on?

I've probably left a lot of things out that I want to say, so I'll still be watching this thread because of it. >>

Also, Highlander, I actually find that post really offensive. Just because you were comfortable around adults most of the time at 13, does not in any respect mean she should. It is NOT her fault that she was brought up that way. Just because I personally am comfortable around adults I know, does not mean that I'm not going to fill out a formal complaint about the Head of Drama at my school about what he says making me feel completely uncomfortable.

Also:

Quote :
Part of growing up is to learn to socialize at older and older levels. Thats why they call it growing up.
I really do not want to come off sounding harsh here, but, if that's the case, why are you still socializing with over 20 teenagers at CCC events? By your logic you should be hanging out with the oldies at a nursing home.
Peterofl
Peterofl
Almighty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2009-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down