Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CCC Announcement: Age Limit

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: CCC Announcement: Age Limit
Post By Highlander. 16/08/10, 05:24 am

Mandie_Chan wrote:
I can't stop looking at your sig Riven

Hey just want to say that this doesn't effect Sunday nights and the sewing lessons. They are NOT official CCC meets, they just have CCC members come along~

Thank you mandie. I bet you knew we were going to ask.

Thank you Ze Pervy for your support.
I do agree with you.

But I think nerves are getting rather raw on all sides. So I think people need to be careful to the tone of their posts.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

CCC Announcement: Age Limit - Page 3 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By Ze Pervy Kappa. 16/08/10, 05:28 am

I may not have a 13 year old child but I have a one year old child. I feel safe amongst the older people because they know alot about the real world. I feel unsafe around 13 year olds who grope everyone. I have never been groped by an older member but more by the younger members.. yet there is nothing wrong with that right? ><;;

Hyde almost got stood on by a younger member and two of my older friends always want to hold him. I have no worries. Because I believe in my friends and my ability to look after my son. I believe in my ability to talk calmly with an older member if I was concerned.
Ze Pervy Kappa
Ze Pervy Kappa
binary candycane

Number of posts : 967
Transforms into : SUPER SONIC
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post By Riven_. 16/08/10, 05:34 am

Please don't leave the forumm, Kappa- CNZ has nothing to do with this.

We have been talking to people about this, for a long time. Members have been talking to us as well, letting us know how they feel and how their parents feel. Parents have been talking to us. There has been discussion going on.

Why the messaging for permission?
The reason is that the club itself which we set up to be for young people was not meant to attract older people. It has, and they have become part of the community and so it would be wrong to shut them out completely. We realised that unless we said exactly what we'd had in mind when we made the club (for young people who cosplay) then we'd potentially end up with a large group of older people who we weren't prepared to deal with. That's why we've put this rule in place.

Once again, I will stress that this is only for official CCC events.
And I cannot believe I am typing these words, but please, take Kittens's advice to heart. Be calm.
Riven_
Riven_
Advice Guru

Number of posts : 1961
Transforms into : The Procrastinator!
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down
http://crescent-fall.livejournal.com

Post By Ze Pervy Kappa. 16/08/10, 05:46 am

I understand the concern, I am a mother after all..
I just do not think you are listening to our concerns.

I guess no matter what we say the age ban won't change right?

I am probably going to be going on here less now.
Ze Pervy Kappa
Ze Pervy Kappa
binary candycane

Back to top Go down

Post By RainbowMoonDust. 16/08/10, 05:48 am

Quote :
Mandie_Chan wrote:
I can't stop looking at your sig Riven

Hey just want to say that this doesn't effect Sunday nights and the sewing lessons. They are NOT official CCC meets, they just have CCC members come along~

I'm glad to hear this doesn't affect the Sunday night gatherings, thanks for clearing that up Mandie. Smile

@Anne: I understand now, thanks for making it clear. Smile When I first saw this, I just wanted to give up altogether but now after realizing that it's not a total ban, I am prepared to give it a go, even if I am not entirely happy with it. I don't want to abandon this issue or the CCC, I want to make this work for everyone, if that makes sense. I don't want to give up on this, the CCC, CNZ or all my friends as you all mean way too much to me. I'll come to what I can, make the most of it and help out whenever and wherever I'm needed. I think everyone needs to band together and respect the Mods decision, regardless of how you feel about it, we are all in this together and it affects all of us in some way or another.

RainbowMoonDust
RainbowMoonDust
fraggle rock

Number of posts : 1480
Transforms into : Goddess of mischief
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down
http://rainbowmoondust.livejournal.com/

Post By Riven_. 16/08/10, 05:50 am

Kappa, we have been listening to concerns for over a year. Concerns of people who will most likely not post here for fear of the raeg which is being expressed right now.
If you think there's a better age the limit could be set to, by all means suggest it.

If you feel that's the best thing to do in this situation, we'll be sorry to see you around less. Don't forget, most of the events being organised on here are in no way limited by this rule.

@Rainbow
Thanks for understanding and having a positive attitude about this! It hasn't been the easiest decision in the world, and we really aren't deliberately trying to make everyone hate us. XD
Riven_
Riven_
Advice Guru

Number of posts : 1961
Transforms into : The Procrastinator!

Back to top Go down
http://crescent-fall.livejournal.com

Post By Ze Pervy Kappa. 16/08/10, 06:09 am

I think there should be no age restriction but that is my opinion. I am sorry for going off but I just think it is unfair. :/ But I do see the concern.. I just.. yeah.

I enjoyed hanging with all the CCC members but all I see is drama, arguments and more drama. Most of it comes from the younger members..

I will still come to events but I will be most likely hanging with the older members or getting to know the other members. As I haven't been going because of Hyde being sick.

So there is going to be a 18+ thread?
Ze Pervy Kappa
Ze Pervy Kappa
binary candycane

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 16/08/10, 06:26 am

Look I agree with RainbowMoonDust. The decision has been made. We are just going to live with it. The mods were really in a lose-lose position. They have tried to do the best they can. And of course this was going to be a pretty angry issue. But they could have just posted this rule change and locked the thread. But they haven't. So kudos to them.

And I can understand if people don't post because they either have nothing to add, or don't want to be seen to be bad people, or inflame the situation further, etc. (Or are at school). But I think they should feel free to.

Reply to kitten below

Spoiler:
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By LintuwolfWiing. 16/08/10, 07:51 am

I havn't posted anything since the first page, but it's good the atlest some people are understanding this. We as the CCC mods do understand that it's unfair, but also needed.
As it has been said, most clubs do infact have age limits, it's a normal thing. And who knows, many people who are not yet thirty might not even want to cosplay when they are. And as Highlander said, we left this open for people to dissaprove of. We didn't just say that it's final and no one can post what they think about it.

@Kappa it is unlikely that there will be a 18+ forum as this is a PG 13 forum, however that does not stop you or anyone else from making your own events for just people who are only 18 and over. The events must just be child friendly, so no drinking events, unless it it organised through PMs.

Shawn
LintuwolfWiing
LintuwolfWiing
paoupu fruit

Number of posts : 458
Transforms into : not Edward Cullen >.<

Back to top Go down
http://rasmuswings.deviantart.com/

Post By Max Power. 16/08/10, 07:59 am

I'm 22 and I support this age limit. I dont see the problem, yes a handful of people will be left out but thats the thing, its just a handful that are 30+. As it was said beofre the club was made for young people, the MODs would have never thought that someone older would want to join, it was just fun. Now it has grown so much that things like this have to be put in place because its not about whos been in the club the longest or who is new, its about giving young people a place to cosplay. I understand this could be a shock and I understand people might take it personaly but this isn't about the individual, its about the saftey and comfort of the club as a whole. 30 is not an unreasonable age to set it to as it includes the majority of members. I myself am 8 years off being 30, thats 8 years of cosplaying with in the monthly events of this club and you know, it doesnt bother me because there are far more user run events I can go to if i'm still cosplaying over 30. See thats the thing, I dont know if i'm going to be cosplaying still in 8 years time, is there anyone who knows what they will be doing when they come to 30? I don't think so. You have to trust that these MODs are trying their best to make EVERYONE happy, and they would not make a choice like this with out thinking about it and talking with members, if you wern't someone they talked to that doesnt mean that theres not a whole ton of people out there who have been talked to. I think people ahve lost sight of what this club was really about, to create a safe and fun enviroment for young people to cosplay in. This isn't a subject to fight over and the MODs certianly arn't trying to discriminate against people, but with a cosplay club for young people there has to be some rules and some regulation, other wise its not a club, its just a random gathering of people. So come on guys, give the MODs a little slack because they are trying their best to make this fun for everyone ok? ^_^
Max Power
Max Power
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post By Emo!Axel. 16/08/10, 08:03 am

^^^ Totally agree with this!!! ^^^
Emo!Axel
Emo!Axel
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down
http://dappermodeactivated.tumblr.com

Post By Highlander. 16/08/10, 09:46 am

LintuwolfWiing wrote:
As it has been said, most clubs do in fact have age limits, it's a normal thing.

Not all clubs do. Clubs which evolve around an interest often don't have. The 501st doesn't. They have a, can't remember her age, but Fern, the Wookie from ChCh Geddon is now in it. If fact she happily hugs the SRO who is about 45ish and single. And she enjoys it, he enjoys it and Dad enjoys it. It's good to sometimes see old fashioned attitudes like that that don't spoil kids fun. The SCA doesn't, it's a whole family club, even though the main age group is adults. They welcome uni students, whole families, spinsters, singles, theres even infants now. They do have interest groups, but not much by age groups. Sports clubs don't. What sports clubs do do is cater to the different age groups. Youth groups often have an 13-15, 16-18, 18-30 section, and older people that still stick around are leaders. Or they are elsewhere in the church, which often does have a 30+ group. St. John is similar. Scouts/Guides are similar. It would be an interesting study to see if in fact most clubs have age limits. In fact the only similar example I can think of is CCS/Parafed. You may be surprised. While the concerns are genuine, there where other ways to do this.

To be honest you chose this way, rather than change. Thats your call. I can only respect it.

To put this in perspective at 13 I was talking to adults in all sorts of situations. 30, 40, 50, 60. Didn't matter.

Sorry I don't mean to be negative again. The decision is done, I accept it. It just seems that after having reached a kind of acceptance of it it is impolitic to try to minimize it so casually.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By sakura-uchiha. 16/08/10, 10:42 am

Well, What I don't get is:
Why are parents concerned?

Having mature adults coming to events is an advantage. If their were people over thirty at vents, they could supervise us younger members(looking after us). I think what the parents should really worry about are the other teenagers. In my opinion, teenagers are more of a threat to other teenagers are than people over thirty!

It would be MUCH safer and convenient if there were older members at events.... And I'm speaking from my opinion because I'm in Chch, and although I'm not over 30, i still think it's unfair because some parents are worrying about their kid going to a meeting with mature adults who can probably keep an eye on them, but however, not be bothered about them going with other teenagers who are more of a worry than 30 year olds.

(Sorry... just kinda feeling a bit annoyed... ><.)

It's just unfair....

sakura-uchiha
sakura-uchiha
Tophat

Number of posts : 140
Transforms into : a katt!!
Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/qkatp, https://www.facebook.com/home.ph

Post By Guest. 16/08/10, 10:45 am

seraphik wrote:

what about starting a senior club, from like 20+? you guys could get together and do your own thing without worrying about the age range, and if ange/anne approve it, maybe every once in a while you guys could combine with the CCC to do events and compete against each other or something.

No way. That is still pretty ageist Seraphik. It's like saying "We don't want over 20's to be apart of the club much, they can go somewhere else and do their own thing, while us teens be free without them". No way, reading this made me almost rage. It's like saying, over 20's go make you're own forum and leave us be. I see this as extremely ageist.

I don't want to bring my friends into the debate, but should I stop hanging out with Fleyer and Jizzoka because they are five or six years younger than me, because a age gap here is "so wrong " ? no, I don't think so. I was speaking about age doesn't matter within the CCC club, btw Seraphik. <:

Ze Pervy Kappa wrote:
I do not want to start a fight over this, I merely want to state my opinion. To be honest I am slightly disturbed be this. I hate to admit it but the cosplay club is starting to get very viscous. Hyde who is 1 year old joins in some of the fun and I have never had any issues with people who are over 30.. They are helpful and they deal with issues like adults. Is it wrong for them to be there to help? If parents are really concerned then why do they not come and see what we are all about? Why not see how fun it is. Age differences should not count. We all like the same things. I want people to have fun and to not feel excluded.. I remember someone saying that to me once. "We do not want to exclude anyone" but aren't you doing that now...??

Just because they are slightly older does not mean they deserve to be mistreated.. I do not like it. Mainly because two of my friends are over thirty here..

One question, what will happen in 5 years time? Half the mods here will soon hit in the twenties or even thirties.. and what happens then? Do they get booted out too?, What is the difference between a twenty year old and a thirty year old? Apart from age there is nothing.. if the people over thirty were really going to do bad things.. wouldn't they have already done it? I think people are just being... silly and judgemental.. but that is my opinion.

I'm sorry Highlander and RainbowMoondust.. sad

I agree with this post in every single way. If the rep system was still around I'll so green bar you Kappa. (:

Back to top Go down

Post By Kitty of Doom. 16/08/10, 11:16 am

I just want to very quickly point out that quite a lot of events are 16+ and I have to PM a mod to ask for permission to come.
Also that if I told the boarding house that I was going to events which had a 30 year old guy (sorry if this seems like a stab to Highlander, it isn't intended to be) going, they would probably lock me up in my room until I leave. I haven't though.
It's really how adults react to the idea of females in their early teens with older men. They seriously freak out. I wasn't allowed to stay with EA because the bh thought there might be guys (in their twenties) in the flat/thing. They didn't say it flat out but it was obvious that was what stopped me from coming.
Kitty of Doom
Kitty of Doom
Winner of the Beginner's Luck Award

Number of posts : 927
Transforms into : giant-omnomnoming-cookie-mon
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 16/08/10, 11:25 am

sakura-uchiha wrote:

Having mature adults coming to events is an advantage. If their were people over thirty at vents, they could supervise us younger members(looking after us). I think what the parents should really worry about are the other teenagers. In my opinion, teenagers are more of a threat to other teenagers are than people over thirty!

It would be MUCH safer and convenient if there were older members at events.... And I'm speaking from my opinion because I'm in Chch, and although I'm not over 30, i still think it's unfair because some parents are worrying about their kid going to a meeting with mature adults who can probably keep an eye on them, but however, not be bothered about them going with other teenagers who are more of a worry than 30 year olds.
It's just unfair....

100% agree. However we can't tell the parents what they think. I have to laugh, because I though you would understand that.

Bartzluver wrote:
seraphik wrote:

what about starting a senior club, from like 20+? you guys could get together and do your own thing without worrying about the age range, and if ange/anne approve it, maybe every once in a while you guys could combine with the CCC to do events and compete against each other or something.

No way. That is still pretty ageist Seraphik. It's like saying "We don't want over 20's to be apart of the club much, they can go somewhere else and do their own thing, while us teens be free without them"
I don't want to bring my friends into the debate, but should I stop hanging out with Fleyer and Jizzoka because they are five or six years younger than me, because a age gap here is "so wrong " ? no, I don't think so. I was speaking about age doesn't matter within the CCC club, btw Seraphik. <:

First Claire I think it is a good suggestion. People over 20 should be able have activities that are suitable for them rather than just catering to the lowest age. Thats not to say a 20 y.o. can't go to general meets either, or enjoy them. Most youth groups, at least back in my day, broke into groups of about two year age bands, except for the oldest ones. But then we are not a youth group, we are a cosplay club. Which leads into separate debates.

The answer however is that the CCC is not going to do it, and we MAY run into problems doing it on CNZ. That's why I think it needs to be done separately. And it needs to be done for all the people that have simply stopped attending the CCC. And nothing against CNZ, but it allows us to be adults.

Also Kitty of Dooomnesss, are you referring to the Sunday night things. Because they are not CCC events, not even cosplay events. They are merely events that Mandie and co organize, that they also invite us to. The CCC is strictly PG-13.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By sakura-uchiha. 16/08/10, 11:33 am

Highlander wrote:
sakura-uchiha wrote:

It's just unfair....

100% agree. However we can't tell the parents what they think. I have to laugh, because I though you would understand that.

YEa... Parents will definitaly RAGE if we tell them.. = =""
I know, but it's just unfair to certain members.
sakura-uchiha
sakura-uchiha
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By Ze Pervy Kappa. 16/08/10, 11:35 am

I think we get the whole idea that Mothers and Fathers are concerned..
Just some of us find it unfair.
Ze Pervy Kappa
Ze Pervy Kappa
binary candycane

Back to top Go down

Post By sakura-uchiha. 16/08/10, 11:46 am

Ze Pervy Kappa wrote:
I think we get the whole idea that Mothers and Fathers are concerned..
Just some of us find it unfair.

Agrees. Unfair it is.
sakura-uchiha
sakura-uchiha
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 16/08/10, 12:11 pm

Hey. I don't know whether I can post this here, if can't Riven is free to shoot me. But I followed upon the 20 + suggestion and made a CNZ 18 + forum. It's still part of CNZ/ CCC. But it's just like a older members section forum.

Here's the URL code if you are interested.

@ Kitty of Doom. Mandie Chan's sunday nights are not part of CCC. Mandie just posts it there, so the nights gain more attention and so she she can include CCC members. <:

Rarh. :3 Remember Mods if you don't like me doing this, you're free to shoot. I just want the debating and the fighting to stop and make things fair for both sides. ~

http://nzdaf.canadaboard.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post By Ze Pervy Kappa. 16/08/10, 12:12 pm

Nice idea claire. 8D
Ze Pervy Kappa
Ze Pervy Kappa
binary candycane

Back to top Go down

Post By sakura-uchiha. 16/08/10, 12:15 pm

But..... if... it's only us younger people in one section... it'll be less fun DX...
I liek it better with everyone.. DX
sakura-uchiha
sakura-uchiha
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By Cactiberry. 16/08/10, 12:17 pm

Bartzluver wrote:
Hey. I don't know whether I can post this here, if can't Riven is free to shoot me. But I followed upon the 20 + suggestion and made a CNZ 18 + forum. It's still part of CNZ/ CCC. But it's just like a older members section forum.

Here's the URL code if you are interested.

@ Kitty of Doom. Mandie Chan's sunday nights are not part of CCC. Mandie just posts it there, so the nights gain more attention and so she she can include CCC members. <:

Rarh. :3 Remember Mods if you don't like me doing this, you're free to shoot. I just want the debating and the fighting to stop and make things fair for both sides. ~

http://nzdaf.canadaboard.net/forum.htm

Isn't that promoting what you guys are against, eg. exclusion of age groups?
CCC Announcement: Age Limit - Page 3 875635
Cactiberry
Cactiberry
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2283
Transforms into : sharpedo
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 16/08/10, 12:22 pm

Cactiberry wrote:

Isn't that promoting what you guys are against, eg. exclusion of age groups?

I'm only trying to help. CCC Announcement: Age Limit - Page 3 21673

@ Bridget. Don't spam, it's unfair on JVCA who is doing her best to clean this up and not make things turn nasty as a unbiased 3rd party.
D:<

Last edited by Bartzluver on 16/08/10, 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 16/08/10, 12:24 pm

I'm sorry, but I thought we had already discussed recently that there would not be a 18+ CNZ forum. It seems rather wrong to me :/

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

CCC Announcement: Age Limit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Misc. :: Graveyard-