Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Code Geass <3

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Code Geass <3
Post By Freyasoul. 13/06/08, 06:03 pm

Probably because anime is one of the only media that reserves the right to be totally and utterly unbound by logic in anything/everything that could possibly happen in it n_n its brilliant.
Freyasoul
Freyasoul
Ultimatum

Number of posts : 223
Transforms into : PedoChu and shower scenes.
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Code Geass <3 - Page 9 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Willuknight. 13/06/08, 06:11 pm

oh believe me, anime has just as many failures as american tv or shitty hollywood movies. Just watch shit like Soul Link, UFO Princess, or Zero no Tsukaima and you'll see that. A better idea though would be to avoid them like the plauge.

Thats why a gem like this is so awesome :)
Willuknight
Willuknight
LEVEL UP!

Number of posts : 1288
Transforms into : Megatron
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down
http://willu.net

Post By Freyasoul. 13/06/08, 06:24 pm

bad anime o_o guess i've just been lucky? and somehow ufo princess doesnt sound appealing xD i might just dodge those like a bullet.
Freyasoul
Freyasoul
Ultimatum

Back to top Go down

Post By Willuknight. 13/06/08, 06:30 pm

UFO princess is basically about this 18yr old girl who has her soul split in two, and because of this usually looks like an 8yr old. Then when danger looms, she borrows her soul back from the main character and has a practically naked transformation scene back into 18.

It's one of the worst animes i've ever seen.
Willuknight
Willuknight
LEVEL UP!

Back to top Go down

Post By Freyasoul. 13/06/08, 06:34 pm

wow... that sounds very.....bland and... well just an excuse to air soft hentai from your description =p
Well you have put something in perspective for me.
thank god i know good anime and mangas n_n
Freyasoul
Freyasoul
Ultimatum

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 15/06/08, 08:59 am

Well Newtype has announced the results of a character popularity poll for Code Geass and here are the results:

1. Lelouch/Zero (did anyone not see this coming)
2. C.C.
3. Suzaku
4. Karen
5. Li Xingke
6. Rollo
7. Zino
8. Villetta
9. Guilford
10. Jeramiah/Orange-kun

My comments: No real surprises on the top 4, in fact from my knowledge of past polls it is essentially the same everytime, although I always question why is Suzaku so high up?! Also, why is Lloyd not present on this list, Lloyd is so much more awesome. It's also nice to see Xingke quite high up, because he is awesome, even though it's only really now that he's gotten sufficient room in the spotlight. Also, obviously Orange-kun had to be there somewhere, I mean his character was so popular that it had to be rewritten so that he wouldn't die during the Narita battle in season 1.

Also mentioned in other news is that in Newtype's (at least I think it's in Newtype, it might be another magazine) Anime Character polls, Lelouch is still ranked number 1 (as he should be), Suzaku is 3rd, C.C. is 9th and Karen is 12th. Code Geass and Code Geass R2 ranked 1st and 2nd respectively in most popular anime and C.C. and Karen were 1st and 2nd respectively in most popular female character.

Last edited by IcyRose on 15/06/08, 09:13 am; edited 1 time in total
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Number of posts : 1142
Transforms into : That Dark Handsome Swordsman
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down
http://roseandblossom.deviantart.com

Post By Nazgul. 15/06/08, 09:03 am

hm... i really wonder why orange-kun is so popular, because I just don't seem to see it!

but true, Lloyd should be in there, he kicks ass >=]
Nazgul
Nazgul
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 519
Transforms into : Yaoi God
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down
http://nazgullow.weebly.com

Post By IcyRose. 15/06/08, 09:16 am

Orange is popular because he suffers from what should be called Team Rocket syndrome, as in the fans like seeing how miserable he gets from his constant failure. Or so I've heard anyway.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Nazgul. 15/06/08, 10:12 am

OHIGETIT now that you've mentioned the team rocket syndrome.... makes sense since i love team rocket too XD

i'm very glad C.C. is more popular than Kallen in this one ^^
Nazgul
Nazgul
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 15/06/08, 10:38 am

Well consistently, Lelouch has been the most popular character, then C.C. which is pretty much a given because they are the two leading characters, after that are Suzaku and Karen respectively, probably for similar reasons. Really when you see character polls, you generally expect the main main characters to be at the top. Regardless of how much you think everyone hates them, I mean look at Light, he's pretty much even with L in terms of popularity.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 15/06/08, 11:10 am

well thats cos is the best. :)

Back to top Go down

Post By Nazgul. 15/06/08, 11:41 am

wow really? all of the character popularity lists i've seen so far do not feature the main character being first...e.g. naruto, bleach, the Tales series.
Oh is it because there are tonnes of characters compared to small series like Deathnote and Code Geass?
Nazgul
Nazgul
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 15/06/08, 12:00 pm

Well then again if you look at Bleach, you'll note Hitsugaya is the most popular character in Bleach (Why I have no idea). However Rukia and Ichigo are ranked below him respectively, In Fate/Stay Night, Shirou isn't even placed, although Saber and Rin are. The main characters are usually at least ranked in most cases though.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 15/06/08, 12:44 pm

Why is Rollo on that list? Rollo annoys me so much! D;

Well done, Lelouch, well done! =D
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 15/06/08, 03:28 pm

Probably because he's everyone's lovable shouta assassin with yaoi-tendencies with Lelouch. I find it funny that before R2 started no one liked Rollo, now he's incredibly popular.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Lavi_x. 15/06/08, 03:32 pm

I just feel sorry for Rollo thanks to Lulu just using him.
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 15/06/08, 04:02 pm

The way he looks annoy me. And it's really amusing how Lelouch just uses him.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Lavi_x. 15/06/08, 04:05 pm

You're just mean.
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 15/06/08, 04:21 pm

People tell me that quite a bit, actually.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 15/06/08, 04:38 pm

I think Rollo looks like a male Nunnally, he obviously isn't though.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 16/06/08, 04:42 am

Well, episode 10 is now out, so it's time for another one of my weekly episode rants. ^^

So this week's episode features a fight between the Black Knights and the Chinese Federation that was setup thanks to Lelouch's bastardly move last week when he kidnapped the Empress. It also introduces the Shen-Hu, Li Xingke's mech which essentially is Xingke in mech form as it has all the weapons he uses plus a beam cannon in the chest. As it turns out, Laksharta also made this mech, which explains the glide wings and overpowered weaponry it had equipped, actually according to Laksharta she had overpowered the Shen-Hu and rendered it mainly inoperable without the pilot dying as a result or at least reduces the lifespan of the pilot.

Well it was kinda clear on what Lelouch was planning to do with Tianzi when he mentioned last week that he wanted to capture China to take on Britannia he took her so he could convince her to join his United States Alliance and form the United States of China, which has apparently also recently gained some of the southern areas of Asia and at least part of India which has been noted to want independence from China. However, the young empress is still the young empress so she doesn't really understand much of the world's politics and is left kinda clueless on what to do.

Moving on from the political side of things, I'll head back to the main feature of this episode, the mecha battles. First off, the Lancelot went head to head with Toudou's new Knightmare, the Zangetsu (insert Bleach joke here), it was a short match, but Toudou managed to finally show Suzaku who's boss by slicing off his float unit and preventing him from making any sort of early pursuit. Also, the Akatsuki also made their appearance as the replacement of the old Burais which is cool, since I didn't really like the Burai since I thought they looked ugly while the Akatsuki look like the Gekka which were cool. Asahina shows off that now at least the Holy Swords version of the Akatsuki are equipped with missiles that have Karen's radiation wave in them which is awesome.

Of course, everything in this episode was completely overshadowed though by the Shen-Hu, which as I mentioned earlier is Xingke as a freaking Knightmare and is obviously piloted by Xingke himself. He managed to not only go head to head with Karen in the Guren, but also capture her as well (although it was all because Karen ran out of battery power for the Guren which is just lame) What was very nice to see was that Lelouch obviously shows that he does care and rather than retreat and regroup after Karen's capture, he decides to turn around his forces and make a rescue attempt, an attempt that in the end failed due to the fact that not only Xingke is an awesome pilot like Suzaku, he's also an awesome strategist like Lelouch having displayed that he too can use terrain tactics to defeat a superior force. Unfortunately, it looked like Xingke and his allies have now suffered another betrayal (well this one was to be expected really considering the coup last week) in that the Eunuchs have now turned on him and seek to destroy him now that they've got Britannia to back them up. So now Britannia is now in a position to destroy not only Xingke, but Lelouch as well.

Meanwhile in other interesting events, Anya has been shown to have a photo of Lelouch when he was a prince and was able to deduce from that and a more recent photo she took of him at the school festival in ep 5 that Lelouch Lamperouge, the student = Lelouch vi Britannia, the former 13th prince. I wonder how much she actually knows of Lelouch's past.

Lastly, the big revelation of the episode, I'm sure everyone was wondering how Lelouch managed to not blow his cover when he left for China with the rest of the Black Knights since he'd obviously go missing from school and therefore figuring out he was Zero would be as obvious as adding two and two together, (which would have also put both Rollo and Villetta in a pretty bad position). Well as it turns out, Lelouch IS still at Ashford Academy. Yes, at the same time that he's been doing all this stuff in China, he is also doing stuff at Ashford. Which leads me to my next question. How? He surely can't have geassed someone into thinking he was him and then geassed everyone else into thinking that person was Lelouch, because that creates a problem in that Shirley has already been geassed so it wouldn't have worked. So how the hell has Lelouch gotten this random doppelganger of sorts?

Anyways, next episode preview shows that Orange will be up to something and we have more battles to come, also C.C. has jumped into the pilot seat against for a Knightmare and her geass symbol on her forehead seems to get a reaction at some point in the next ep. The week long wait begins again....
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Lavi_x. 16/06/08, 10:28 am

Shen-Hu was so amazing!

Every time anyone said Zangetsu I yelled out BANKAI
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 16/06/08, 11:42 am

I really wanna know how Lelouch is in two places at once :/.
Damn. I wanna know!! D;
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Willuknight. 16/06/08, 12:23 pm

can you put spoiler tags in there Lennon, otherwise you run the risk of being stabbed.
Willuknight
Willuknight
LEVEL UP!

Back to top Go down

Post By Lavi_x. 16/06/08, 12:33 pm

A fairly useful tip is to watch the episode on the Monday before reading this thread, coz it quickly becomes spoiler city.

Or the moment you see his MASSIVE posts, flea to the spoiler free safety of another thread
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down