Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy - Dissidia

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Final Fantasy - Dissidia
Post By Li-Bai. 05/09/09, 11:43 am

juxtapoz wrote:
Spoiler:

so maybe it's not so much age as maturity (and yeah manlyness sounds right). he's also become a lot more cocky. ):

i agree totally on the terra thing. it really sucks that she became so weak and dependant. she 100% fits the stereotypical female character role now - this is made even more lame by the fact that she was a really fantastic not clinched lead in the orginal game. tbh though i guess you could kind of expect characters to get messed up when they go from rpgs to a cross-over beat 'em up.

MANLY SQUALL!! -worships-

Squall? Cocky?? D8 That's weird! What is this I don't even -

Amen to that, sweet powers! @A@ She was awesome in VI (which I still haven't finished even though I've been near the end for nearly a year...). TERRA BE STRONG!!
You're probably right on the RPG-to-melee thing... but how was SSBB in terms of that? Was everyone still in character? I haven't played it and I dunno a whole lot about the characters themselves, so...

Not to say I'm raging on Dissidia, I love it XD; It's just the retconning....

Cloud Strife wrote:
General Leo ... You need to pop in the middle of Dissidia and give young Terra the " Be strong again " speech..

Oh man I totally remember that part xD
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2251
Transforms into : a lover and a renegade fighter.
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Final Fantasy - Dissidia - Page 3 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://li-bai.deviantart.com

Post By Keysha-chan. 05/09/09, 03:31 pm

Haha! This thread seems more alive! How many days to go now guys? 6? Getting there! :3

@ Jux - thanks for the visual references, now I see what you guys mean. TBH, Nomura's art has really taken a change since he started doing Kingdom Hearts. Not that I don't LIKE the KH artwork, it's just he hasn't moved back into the FF style he had going before then (I LOVED the stuff he did for FFX. The portraits he did for the main party are stunning pieces of work).

I actually am still not fond of Squall's English voice. The first one they had for the original KH (which was the guy from Angel, right?) Seemed right on the ball for the character. This current one (KH2 + Dissidia) sounds a lot more...forced in his lines? There's something not quite right about it.

His 'Gone talking to a wall' victory line weirds me out, but I'm sure it's a reference to FFVIII in some way (though not as weird as Cloud forever telling us that he won't 'sleep well tonight' X3).

@ Cloud - funnily enough, I started on Bartz today (working him and Squall at the same time). Overall, I think he's one of the most well-balanced fighters. Good speed, good attacks with different ranges (which comes from mimicking and such) still not too good at his EX-mode button imput, I think Tidus and Squall have the easiest ones to do in that respect.

But I'd put him in the top tier out of the side of Cosmos in the game. Along with Zidane and Tidus.

Oh yeah, and I HATE fighting Terra and/or her Mannequins (the 'clones' of them in the games). She always runs away and as soon as you catch up, delivers attacks that you can't block and/or are hard to dodge...then she repeats JUST as you get up and try to strike back, it's NUTS! -__-

Sad to hear about Terra's change in this story. :< On the bright side, I think I really like Bartz as a character now (even if his general outfit and physique seems almost as girly as Terra). XD Before I played this game and only saw some ref art, I thought he was a she. XD

*shame*

Last edited by Keysha-chan on 05/09/09, 04:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down
http://www.Keysha-chan.deviantart.com

Post By Li-Bai. 05/09/09, 03:44 pm

Keysha-chan wrote:
I actually am still not fond of Cloud's English voice. The first one they had for the original KH (which was the guy from Angel, right?) Seemed right on the ball for the character. This current one (KH2 + Dissidia) sounds a lot more...forced in his lines? There's something not quite right about it.

His 'Gone talking to a wall' victory line weirds me out, but I'm sure it's a reference to FFVIII in some way (though not as weird as Cloud forever telling us that he won't 'sleep well tonight' X3).

Don't you mean Squall's? Cloud's is Steve Burton's all the way... xD (Which I really love, even if others hate it... heheh). Yeah, David Boreanaz (Angel) was good in KH, but I do like Doug Erholtz's take as well... both for their own reasons. :)
I still lol at the fact Hideo Ishikawa voices Squall in the Japanese - he also voices Cait Sith, kehehe >w>

Yeah, it's a FFVIII reference xD When he's still quite the meanie he tells Quistis to "go talk to a wall, because [he] doesn't care" (paraphrased - I can't remember the exact wording atm). Poor Quisty D:

Tetsuya Nomura's newer style is nice but I'm getting weirded out at Sora's chicken legs on the cover of the KHII game. Seriously, he looks anorexic D: I'm glad he's sort of slipping back into the older MANRY MEN style for the Fabula Nova Crystallis though :)
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Keysha-chan. 05/09/09, 04:25 pm

Li-Bai wrote:
Keysha-chan wrote:
I actually am still not fond of Cloud's English voice. The first one they had for the original KH (which was the guy from Angel, right?) Seemed right on the ball for the character. This current one (KH2 + Dissidia) sounds a lot more...forced in his lines? There's something not quite right about it.

Don't you mean Squall's? Cloud's is Steve Burton's all the way... xD (Which I really love, even if others hate it... heheh). Yeah, David Boreanaz (Angel) was good in KH, but I do like Doug Erholtz's take as well... both for their own reasons. :)
I still lol at the fact Hideo Ishikawa voices Squall in the Japanese - he also voices Cait Sith, kehehe >w>

Yeah, it's a FFVIII reference xD When he's still quite the meanie he tells Quistis to "go talk to a wall, because [he] doesn't care" (paraphrased - I can't remember the exact wording atm). Poor Quisty D:

Tetsuya Nomura's newer style is nice but I'm getting weirded out at Sora's chicken legs on the cover of the KHII game. Seriously, he looks anorexic D: I'm glad he's sort of slipping back into the older MANRY MEN style for the Fabula Nova Crystallis though :)

YES! Sorry, I did mean Squall, that was a typo since I was thinking about something I wanted to say about Cloud at the same time. XD Haha, but yeah, Squall. I like Burton's Cloud. I don't find Cloud the most interesting of characters but Burton does good with what he has to work with. :3

NEEDS MOAR MANRY MEN (I need more Jechts and Aurons!)
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 05/09/09, 06:19 pm

Keysha-chan wrote:

Sad to hear about Terra's change in this story. :< On the bright side, I think I really like Bartz as a character now (even if his general outfit and physique seems almost as girly as Terra). XD Before I played this game and only saw some ref art, I thought he was a she. XD

From hearing from what you have been saying.. It sounds like they have ruined Terra by making her.. not so likable for some strange reason.... How she seems weaker mentally as a character and how her fighting controls seem complexed..

Is VI popular among Fans in Japan ..??

Glad your liking Bartz Keysha- Chan. In the original game he is much-much more manly..

And wears Masculine clothing....

Sorry for the whole Cloud/ Squall confusion.. ^-^''

But yeah Bartz is chuu~!

Hope to cosplay him in his Dissidia costume one day..

Back to top Go down

Post By Keysha-chan. 05/09/09, 07:31 pm

Isn't Terra's name Tina in Japan too (or something along those lines?)

I also heard Nomura had a harder time designing some of the characters for the older FF games as he only had in-game sprites to work from (really? No concept art?)

But yes, very much enjoying Bartz and his personality and...mimicing. XD

MANLY BARTZ?!?! That's almost hard to believe! XD (but I will!)
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 06/09/09, 01:22 am

@Cloud Strife Not quite 'ruined' but that's about the gist of it yeah. The fighting controls thing is easily explained, since VI is the old turnbase stuff ;D

(Bartz's character drawing for Dissidia makes him look like a Greek wannabe D; Please tell me he's still all like 'YOWZA!' and stuff xD)

@Keysha-chan Yeah, originally Terra's name was 'Tina' because in Japan it's sort of an exotic name. When they were localising it they changed it to 'Terra' to fit the 'exotic' mood. Same with Kefka - in Japanese he's 'Cefca' but in English most people would pronounce it with an 's' :)

XD There's plenty of concept art! It's just it was drawn by Yoshitaka Amano.... who isn't the most consistent of artists at times, hahaha. Yoshitaka Amano did all the character and concept designing for the early FFs up to VII, where Tetsuya Nomura became character designer and Yoshitaka Amano was just concept.

(If they've lost that concept art it's all over the internet... particularly FFWikia)

There's an awesome little story behind that actually - Yoshitaka Amano was away on an art gallery tour or something of the like at the time when they were beginning to design the characters for FFVII. They turned to Tetsuya Nomura - a background designer at the time - and asked him to do it. Well... we know the rest Very Happy

At least Snow and Gadot are looking manly! Maqui and Hope are still young teens so still cute.... but oh my God, Hope is SOOO ADORABLE XD

Behold:
Spoiler:

(Oops, it's kinda huge. Oh well.... xD)
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 06/09/09, 04:20 am

Li-Bai wrote:
MANLY SQUALL!! -worships-

Squall? Cocky?? D8 That's weird! What is this I don't even -

Amen to that, sweet powers! @A@ She was awesome in VI (which I still haven't finished even though I've been near the end for nearly a year...). TERRA BE STRONG!!
You're probably right on the RPG-to-melee thing... but how was SSBB in terms of that? Was everyone still in character? I haven't played it and I dunno a whole lot about the characters themselves, so...
well... it's nintendo, right? besides the way they look and the moves they do, the characters don't really have much personality to keep intact. most of them are mutes 90% of the time. sure, there's fox and ike and yeah but as i remember the game only gives each character four or so lines or sounds (excluding battle noises) anyway. even in 'story' mode the characters don't talk. and of course, none of these characters really come from character driven, or at least plot-focussed games, besides maybe ike, marth, ness, lucas and solid snake (who of course isn't even a nintendo character).

haha. you know you can play it on your psp now, right? c: (not the gba version though)
i think i was about three quarters finished but my save file got messed up. :C

Keysha-chan wrote:
@ Jux - thanks for the visual references, now I see what you guys mean. TBH, Nomura's art has really taken a change since he started doing Kingdom Hearts. Not that I don't LIKE the KH artwork, it's just he hasn't moved back into the FF style he had going before then (I LOVED the stuff he did for FFX. The portraits he did for the main party are stunning pieces of work).
I actually am still not fond of Squall's English voice. The first one they had for the original KH (which was the guy from Angel, right?) Seemed right on the ball for the character. This current one (KH2 + Dissidia) sounds a lot more...forced in his lines? There's something not quite right about it.

np. i think his kh style is pretty cool - just the lack of not effeminate guys is lame.
yeah, dunno about squall's voice. it's better than i expected, but i agree his lines do sound pretty forced sometimes. and yes it totally is a weird line, even though it is a reference. cloud's just a lamer so he has an excuse. J:

i am replying to old posts because you guys post way too fast, screw you. ):

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 06/09/09, 08:42 am

Keysha-chan wrote:
I

MANLY BARTZ?!?! That's almost hard to believe! XD (but I will!)

Final Fantasy - Dissidia - Page 3 Ffvpostcard3

Final Fantasy - Dissidia - Page 3 Ffvpostcard1

And

Spoiler:

Manly Bartz !

=p

Yeah don't like Bartz's Dissida costume either because of the yellow tiara part is kinda strange.. then again have seen a picture of Dissida Cecil wearing a blue butterfly ribbon in his hair.. [ shrugs shoulders ] xD

Back to top Go down

Post By Teh Dom. 06/09/09, 08:47 am

ANYONE ELSE SLIGHTLY ANNOYED ABOUT THE DELAY? =(

So I asked to work on Friday so I wouldnt just be me going for ages down to westfield just for Dissidia then bussing all the back.

...only to find it delayed. FACEPALM. It wasn't delayed in the UK or anything, so wtf. :< why us?

Anyway, can't wait. I preordered teh special edition, already finished the game in japanese so I can't wait to play it and understand wtf is going on lul. x3
Teh Dom
Teh Dom
Banana

Number of posts : 113
Transforms into : God
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down
http://www.neoseeker.com/members/profiles/Dark+Dom/

Post By Nivlagx. 06/09/09, 11:26 am

Teh Dom wrote:
ANYONE ELSE SLIGHTLY ANNOYED ABOUT THE DELAY? =(

So I asked to work on Friday so I wouldnt just be me going for ages down to westfield just for Dissidia then bussing all the back.

...only to find it delayed. FACEPALM. It wasn't delayed in the UK or anything, so wtf. :< why us?

Anyway, can't wait. I preordered teh special edition, already finished the game in japanese so I can't wait to play it and understand wtf is going on lul. x3
I'm just as pissed off as you are!!!! Mad Why us!!!!!!!!!!! gonk
Nivlagx
Nivlagx
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post By Keysha-chan. 06/09/09, 05:24 pm

@Jux - I dunno...IMO, Xaldin was pretty darn MANRY. And hairy (from what we see) Lex is too, actually...so there are a few, just not THAT many.

Oh, and Cid, but he's not a KH original, so.... XD

EDIT: Oh, and I've read that the reason the NZ release got delayed was because of stock arriving late into Australia (even though they still got it on the 4th?) :/
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 07/09/09, 01:23 am

juxtapoz wrote:
well... it's nintendo, right? besides the way they look and the moves they do, the characters don't really have much personality to keep intact. most of them are mutes 90% of the time. sure, there's fox and ike and yeah but as i remember the game only gives each character four or so lines or sounds (excluding battle noises) anyway. even in 'story' mode the characters don't talk. and of course, none of these characters really come from character driven, or at least plot-focussed games, besides maybe ike, marth, ness, lucas and solid snake (who of course isn't even a nintendo character).

haha. you know you can play it on your psp now, right? c: (not the gba version though)
i think i was about three quarters finished but my save file got messed up. :C

Oh, really? That's interesting! Surprised
SSBB on PSP! Duuude! I have to get that sometime xD

juxtapoz wrote:
np. i think his kh style is pretty cool - just the lack of not effeminate guys is lame.
yeah,
dunno about squall's voice. it's better than i expected, but i agree
his lines do sound pretty forced sometimes. and yes it totally is a
weird line, even though it is a reference. cloud's just a lamer so he
has an excuse. J:

i am replying to old posts because you guys post way too fast, screw you. ):

The bad guys seem to be the MANRIEST. Xemnas, Xaldin, Xigbar, Lexaeus... I know Marluxia's pink and all but I think he's sort of manly :'D

What can I say... we can be terrible forum addicts. xD

juxtapoz wrote:
cloud's just a lamer so he has an excuse. J:

I probably shouldn't be laughing this hard. XD ilu Cloud, really. chuu~!

Keysha-chan wrote:
@Jux - I dunno...IMO, Xaldin was pretty darn
MANRY. And hairy (from what we see) Lex is too, actually...so there are
a few, just not THAT many.

Oh, and Cid, but he's not a KH original, so.... XD

EDIT:
Oh, and I've read that the reason the NZ release got delayed was
because of stock arriving late into Australia (even though they still
got it on the 4th?) :/

I agree. Xaldin's manly sideburns and eyebrows! With eyebrows like those, I think he could be an Ace Attorney. xD

Cid looks like an old man in KH D;

Whaaaa? That's lame! D:

I was looking up prices for the special box set on the EBGames website and it was like $350 or something. WTF. Really D: I'm sure my FFVII Crisis Core box set wasn't that expensive!
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Keysha-chan. 07/09/09, 09:27 am

Oh man, I TOTALLY forgot about Xigbar! D: BAD KAI! Manry doesn't mean you have to be BIG AND HAIRY!

(Gods I love Xigbar so much. This might have to go into a separate thread, but is everyone up-to-date on the fandom's actually very clever theory on who is somebody is?)

Man, that is rather pricey. :/ Is the PSP a Dissidia themed one too? (like the Crisis Core one having Zack, Cloud and Sephiroth on the back) Or does it just come bundled with extras?
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By deceptivemagick. 07/09/09, 01:14 pm

4 more days!!!
deceptivemagick
deceptivemagick
lucky*

Number of posts : 1115
Transforms into : an epic fire breathing dragon
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 07/09/09, 04:01 pm

@Keysha-chan LOL CALIFORNIA SURFER DUDE

(Surprised About Braig? No! Tell me tell me tell me? Very Happy)

That's the thing... it's not got a silk screen print on it like the Crisis Core one does. It does come with extras though. The PSP comes with stickers you can tack onto the back of the PSP instead of a silk screen print.... saaaaad D:

Edit: I HAVE DISSIDIA ON MY PSP NOW MUAHAHAHA
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Keysha-chan. 08/09/09, 03:03 pm

2 days now, right guys? XD

I still have 3 more destiny odysseys left to finish. The English version DOES allow you to move along with the story after only one of those is done (unlike the Japanese version where you had to do all 10), but it wouldn't feel right continuing until I've seen everyone's story.

I got the Dissidia Ultimania book in today. Good god it's as thick as a phone book! XD

@ Li-Bai - Surfer accents FTW! Very Happy

About the theories...um...putting under a cut for obvious reasons.

Spoiler:

Muuhhh, anyways. Not long to go now, guys.

Working on Terra and Onion Knight's stories right now. After that warrior of light and then I will continue with the storyline fully.

Think I will main as Zidane, as he is the best all-rounder (and sometimes a little over-powered X3).
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 08/09/09, 04:52 pm

Saw a picture of the copy of Dissidia on the PSP in a Warehouse magazine..

And just thought- I want it soo badly...

Is trying to find some way to play the game.. even if it's for a short while..

It sucks heaps not having a PSP..

Is going to be in even more pain when Birth by Sleep comes out..

Back to top Go down

Post By Keysha-chan. 11/09/09, 06:26 am

Didn't the game come out now in New Zealand?

WHERE ARE ALL THE HAPPY FANS?!?! (Playing it I hope! X3)

When you get the chance, make sure to buy voice tracks to play in the museum. I just gave myself hours of entertainment listening to those last night. Some of my fave encounter lines:

Zidane to Jecht: I WON'T loose to an old man!
Squall to Zidane: Nice Tail
Batrz to Sephiroth: That's a BIG sword!
Tidus to Klefka: I'm FAR more entertaining than you!
Tidus
to Sephiroth: You think being a grownup makes you COOL?!?!
To Ultimecia: How do you...compress....time? I'm getting dizzy.
And to Kuja: Every little thing ABOUT you ticks me off!
Zidane against Terra: Fight a girl? This will be tricky!
Zidane against Dark Cloud: Well, she is a Lady...I guess....
Bartz Mimicking: LIGHT! Give me STRENGTH!....or...something!

And finally, for some final lolz:

http://zip.4chan.org/cgl/src/1252631112837.jpg

Last edited by Keysha-chan on 11/09/09, 06:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 11/09/09, 06:28 am

IT HAS BEEN SHIPPED AND SHOULD ARRIVE TODAY. T_T *wants to play so desperately*
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Post By IcyRose. 11/09/09, 06:30 am

I just have to pick up mine from EB once I'm done with work
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Number of posts : 1142
Transforms into : That Dark Handsome Swordsman
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down
http://roseandblossom.deviantart.com

Post By Admin. 11/09/09, 06:32 am

gonk IT SHOULD ARRIVE FASTER.

/also preordered it

FFFFFFFF. Q_Q
Admin
Admin
Winner of the Golden Gun Award

Number of posts : 2982
Transforms into : yo mama.
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down
http://authenticsowilo.deviantart.com/

Post By creature124. 11/09/09, 06:35 am

*sits on his hands, barely able to contain his exitement*

I preordered a couple of weeks ago.
creature124
creature124
Winner of the Keen Designer Award

Number of posts : 1948
Transforms into : Trollmon
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 11/09/09, 06:38 am

In fact, we both pre-ordered at the same time, while on msn together. 8D
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Post By Keysha-chan. 11/09/09, 06:51 am

Wait...so it IS out today for you guys? Have the shops not called? Or you mail-ordered it? XD
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content