Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy - Dissidia

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Final Fantasy - Dissidia
Post By JVCA. 13/09/09, 01:25 am

Started playing last night - omgggg the tutorial/prologue is so long. o_o;
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Final Fantasy - Dissidia - Page 5 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Post By creature124. 13/09/09, 07:07 am

Why the hell do I watch the same goddamn cutscene after EVERY campaign I complete?

Is it my fate to fall into true darkness TEN F^&&$*@*$KING TIMES?
creature124
creature124
Winner of the Keen Designer Award

Number of posts : 1948
Transforms into : Trollmon
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 13/09/09, 08:05 am

I much preferred how they did it in the Japanese release in that you didn't unlock Shade Impulse (and thus did not get that cutscene) until you completed the LAST of the story modes. It just made much more sense that you didn't unlock the final set of dungeons until you completed all the other stories leading up to it first.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Number of posts : 1142
Transforms into : That Dark Handsome Swordsman
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down
http://roseandblossom.deviantart.com

Post By Li-Bai. 13/09/09, 08:21 am

creature124 wrote:
Why the hell do I watch the same goddamn cutscene after EVERY campaign I complete?

Is it my fate to fall into true darkness TEN F^&&$*@*$KING TIMES?

You realise that you can skip it, right? xD
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2251
Transforms into : a lover and a renegade fighter.
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down
http://li-bai.deviantart.com

Post By creature124. 13/09/09, 08:24 am

I am aware, but I am trying to understand why it plays every time~ It shouldn't, imo.
creature124
creature124

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 13/09/09, 01:06 pm

^ It probably has something to do with accommodating with what Odyssey the player started with. IDK, that's my two cents.

Finished Cecil, started and finished Bartz, Started and finished Terra, now onto Cloud. WTF! Why does it seem to me that every story after Warrior of Light is so much simpler to go through D:

Cecil was very very very fun to fight as. Very Happy And Golbez was cool! Aww, Theodore :3 Bartz was interesting to play! I love his Mimic ability, haha. "Darkness! Strength of Anguish!" < love how he says that. His character was very well done! The voice suited him ^__^ Uh... I've done so many stories in one shot I don't know what else to say @__@ Oh yeah!

Emperor: "It seems we have an insect among us."
Bartz: "Hey! Who are you calling a bug? Uh - oh. I'll be back!!"

Terra was actually fun to fight with once I got over D8-ing about how she didn't have really any non-magic based attacks (like in the original). I got quite good at playing as her - considering her story was also 5 stars like Warrior of Light I found my quick progression through battles a bit worrisome. xD; Her character was well voiced with how Terra is in Dissidia and I think I saw a bit more of her original VI self while playing her. Like when she found her dream with Cloud etc. I remember her saying something similar in VI when she said she would fight to protect the children in... was it Nikeah?

I was digging her battle saying though, like "Benevolent Wind!" and stuff like that. I even liked the 'get back' cry for some reason.....

I tired the command-style/turnbased-style battle for a while... I didn't like it very much though D: It didn't suit Dissidia all too much, since it's an action-based game to begin with.

I got really excited over Kefka's "I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE YOU!!!!" homage Very Happy Really. Ohhh man. chuu~! Kefka was well done also! Kinda reminded me of Jester from DMC though.... I wonder who voiced him. -checks FFWikia- .....HOLY SHIZZ DAVE WITTENBERG AKLJHSKHDF;OIHALKHSDLKHFLKAHDLKHJAAAAAAAAAAAA

He is a talented, talented man that Dave Wittenberg :'D Kefka, Yazoo, Cielo.... oh man. chuu~! chuu~!

LOVING CLOUD. Because.... in honesty I'm more of a weapon fighter than a mage, although I like a balance (slight tip over to the physical/weapon side). But mages are cool. (This is probably why I enjoy fighting as Warrior of Light/Firion/Cecil/Cloud). Had a total fangirl over the Omnislash, Braver and Cross-slash that they put in there. Whoohoo! I think it's the most homage battle-wise any of the characters in Dissidia have to their respective games... But I could be wrong, since I haven't done yet.

On some random side notes, I can't stop thinking Cosmos' dress would make a really pretty wedding dress. Not saying I'd make it my wedding dress should I get married (the halterneck shoulder thing doesn't look good on my manly shoulders :'D). lulz Veronica Taylor~~

Squall is waaay tall. Really. He's the youngest after Onion Knight and Zidane, but Onion Knight is a child and Zidane is really small because of IX's odd SD type art. But Squall is still taller than Bartz (who is 20) and Cloud (who is 21). What the heck is up with that! XD;

Aand lastly, Firion and Terra should join with Aerith haha - the World full of Flowers thing would be epic. Hey, Square, there's a new side/gaiden game for you - "Final Fantasy: Wild Roses Chronicles for DS!! Fill the world with flowers!!" That'd be cute. I would play that xDD

Ooops. Sorry guys, long post again. orz
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 13/09/09, 04:06 pm

Li-Bai wrote:

Aand lastly, Firion and Terra should join with Aerith haha - the World full of Flowers thing would be epic. Hey, Square, there's a new side/gaiden game for you - "Final Fantasy: Wild Roses Chronicles for DS!! Fill the world with flowers!!" That'd be cute. I would play that xDD

=O

... Squall could join them ! Remember in Final Fantasy VIII ??
Seifer- Tell me, what is the meaning of SeeD ... ? Squall- .. To spread the world with Flowers..

Would play the game too =3

Nah. The original Firion had a persona of a cardboard cut-out. The only person who had a actual persona in FF2 was Guy and his talent was- speaking to beavers and not being that intelligent.. speaking in caveman talk.. xD

The Dissida Firion is a huuuuuuuuuuuge improvement !

Does the Emperor really look like the Goblin King ?..
Reckon that he looks like a big huge flying moth holding a purple staff.. xD

It's really weird what new fanbase pairings this game is creating..
Like Bartz x Cloud .... and Terra x Any guy you want her to be with..

Back to top Go down

Post By Keysha-chan. 13/09/09, 04:19 pm

As others have said, the Japanese one required you to finish ALL the DOs before you started Shade Impluse. WHY was this changed? Because the English version was changed a bit so that if people wanted to race through and complete it faster, they could. Apparently we lack the patience of the Japanese (their reasons were also because the Japanese are more RPG gaming loving than we are. Yes, that IS what they said in an interview. I will have to track it down to show you guys).

Also, the tutorial at the start was cut down - so ours is no way NEAR as long as the Japanese one was. XD

Ours does have MORE than the Japanese one, though (which is why Dissidia is getting its own 'final mix' so to speak, soon, with new stuff). We had some slightly different/additional cutscenes too. I'm pretty sure one of Bartz's cutscenes plays out differently in English compared to Japanese (more Exdeath talking in theirs, more Bartz in ours).

Bartz is love, though. 'Who are they to call me a mouse?' Him and Zidane paired with Squall is a riot. Many people have questioned his height too, apparently he's even shorter in the opening FMV (something I'll have to go back and check on). Apparently the height doesn't match up with what his original 'official' height was well before Dissidia, or something. I wish I knew more about V. What system is the re-mastered version on, guys?

I love some of the VAs in this game! Seems SO many people are just about to complain about them. Li-Bai's said her words on them already and I agree with what she's said.

I am HIGHLY amused about Warrior of Light's VA being the same guy who did the english voice for Midboss/Vyers in Disgaea. XD And Axel in Disgaea 2. That's just...awesome.

I also know Bartz's VA from a pretty gory video game. XD

Oh, and this game officially WINS when it comes to Chaos' voice. FREAKING KEITH DAVID FOR THE WIN! The second you get Goliath's voice doing the big, demon-biggest-bad-guy you know you're in for a good ride! XD

btw - Li-Bai, WOLs is the hardest because he was DESIGNED to be the hardest (in the DO sagas, at least). X3 Cloud's is a breeezzeeeee!

EDIT: And on the subject of fandom-based couples...PLEASE tell me others have felt the Warrior of Light/Cosmos thing going on too? :B

Last edited by Keysha-chan on 13/09/09, 04:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down
http://www.Keysha-chan.deviantart.com

Post By Lavi_x. 13/09/09, 04:23 pm

Wait. If Westerners didn't want RPGs then why would a series like Final Fantasy be popular at all >_>
Game developers should think a little more about their audience >_<
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 13/09/09, 04:26 pm

@Keysha: OMGYES! I've only played for an hour and gotten the WOL/Cosmos vibe. o_O; I almost assumed it was canon or something because it was so blatant. n_n;
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 13/09/09, 06:31 pm

Keysha-chan wrote:
g

Bartz is love, though. 'Who are they to call me a mouse?' Him and Zidane paired with Squall is a riot. Many people have questioned his height too, apparently he's even shorter in the opening FMV (something I'll have to go back and check on). Apparently the height doesn't match up with what his original 'official' height was well before Dissidia, or something. I wish I knew more about V. What system is the re-mastered version on, guys?

*Gives Keysha- chan a huge High- Five !*~~ Another Bartz Fan [ Yay !] =3

Is playing Final Fantasy V right now and alot of fans diss it for some strange reason.. but.. is really loving it..

Final Fantasy V is on the SNES/ Super Nintendo or you could get the more updated GBA version..

Though it is quite a difficult Final Fantasy alot of Bosses can be unforgiving.. rough/ tough.... long..

But the class battle system is so much more awesome than X2's.. and Gilgamesh is made of win..

Mean how many bad guys would you hear say this .. ? " Twinkle Twinkle little Twink.. I'm really going to make you guys sinnk ! " xD

Play FF V >>''

WOL & Cosmos together would make sense really..

But didn't WOL like Princess Sarah ?

Don't know got bored with FF1 and didn't really go far with that game..

Don't know if there is any WOL/ Cosmos fanart out there because was too busy being shocked how everybody is trying to pair up Terra with somebody random like.... Firion.. xD

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 14/09/09, 03:09 am

@Cloud Strife Oh snap! I think we're onto something here! xD

OH LOL GUY. I laughed out loud at his tutorial thing in Dissidia. SRSLY.
"... Guy poor at explanation. ...Sorry." Cuuuute xD

Really? Aww. Well. I don't mind Firion the way he is now Very Happy

Yeah, not just the way he looks but his way of speaking/voice too. It's hilarious xD But he does remind me of a bug too. And oh my god Emperor go eat something! Your waistline is impossible!!

Crack pairings make me lol inside Very Happy I liked the Cloud-Terra sort of thing. Buuuut I'll mostly be for strong platonics in Dissidia, heheh.

@Keysha-chan Remastered V is for GBA but Cloud already said that >w>

The VAs are good! And... I just realised I haven't reviewed any of the enemy VAs. Uh.... I'll do it later xD; It's fun reviewing. I... don't know why I don't do this more often on the VAA. orz

Bartz's Japanese VA I'm pretty sure voiced in Higurashi ni Naku Koro ni. As proven by this picture. Hahaha >D

...Really?? Warrior of Light's meant to be superhard? D: Wow. Well.... I should practice him more xD I want to be good at him now I know he's difficult, hahaha.

Finished Cloud since I last posted. I think I'll always love Steve Burton's voice for him because it's unique, like Takahiro Sakurai's :3 Sephiroth was cooool Very Happy I was one level above him when I beat him... wow, usually I'm a level or two behind the boss Surprised I like his characterisation in Dissidia! He seems a bit sad.... aww. Him and Golbez make a good pair. But but but.... his errant hairstrand seems to have disappeared D: You know, on his left bangs there's a little strand that flicks out to the right into his face... it's not there! Well, maybe it is but it's not noticable, heh.

Started and finished Squall and very nearly done Zidane. Hoooly crap xD (Oh hey. Is it just me but did Cosmos not appear to Cloud in his story?) I liked fighting as Squall because SUPAH PHYSICAL WHOOO.... but I found him a little bit slow on the Fated Circle and Aerial Circle attacks. Plus, juxtapoz already has dibs on him or so I hear ;D

On the VA side of things, Doug Erholtz didn't do too bad a job! But like some people have already said, it does sound a bit forced sometimes. Actually, I wonder what Doug Erholtz's natural voice sounds like, because his Squall voice sort of sounds like it's.... not quite nasally, but sort of back in his throat. Which is what happens sometimes when people try to make their voices lower. His battlecries were really cool though Very Happy

Zidane is nice to fight as but I find his attacks a little too short-range for me sweatdrop It's fun though. And I think Jade has dibs on him. xD;
Voice acting wise he was good! Different from Paku Romi, but hey, it's Paku Romi, what can you do. It's unique anyhow, I like it Very Happy (sorry Zidane, I don't have much to say about you D:> You're that cool... I guess)
Kuja sounds a little more.... can't put it any other way but 'gay' to me >.> Not that it's a bad thing. The way he looks in Dissidia (more of a manwhore than before?? -shot-) it matches it perfectly. I always imagine Kuja's voice to be the sort of low seductive thing going on (I tried auditioning for him once...heh) but oh well. I won't complain xD

I'm getting a Warrior of Light x Cosmos too, but mine's different to what you guys are thinking probably Very Happy I'm thinking of a very strong Knight-to-his-Princess type relationship. Ees cuuuuute. Really really cute.
I love Warrior of Light's character explanation thing, that he was "sent out to save Princess Sarah of Cornelia Castle but ended up saving the world" or something like that. SRSLY AWESOME THE WAY IT'S PUT.

Terra x Firion?? That's an odd one. But I guess it might work...??

Zidane's tail seems to come out of his butt! Really! It's really weird!! Shouldn't it be coming out of his tailbone??

....another long post. Gaaaahhhh. I'll review the enemy VAs later on. XD;

Edit: Hey, how do you do multiplayer? I wanna play against Andy but we dunno how D:

Editedit: JUST FINISHED ZIDANE. WTFSOFAST?? Now I'm on Tidus. AKA A Big Sword and BALLS. xD
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 14/09/09, 05:11 am

Li-Bai wrote:
Edit: Hey, how do you do multiplayer? I wanna play against Andy but we dunno how D:

you go to communications mode> online lobby> choose whichever lobby you want (you have to be in the same as the person you want to play, obviously). sometimes it'll take a bit before the other person shows up. if it still doesn't work it's probably that you've got different regions - you've got US and i'm going to assume andy has a NZ or EUR version. if andy has the umd though you can make it an iso pretty easily; then all you'd have to do is convert your save, which is a little more difficult but still possible.

Back to top Go down

Post By Admin. 14/09/09, 05:16 am

;W;

It arriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiived.

>_> And I can't play until I've done two hours of correspondence work. Stupid mother. >_>
Admin
Admin
Winner of the Golden Gun Award

Number of posts : 2982
Transforms into : yo mama.
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down
http://authenticsowilo.deviantart.com/

Post By Li-Bai. 14/09/09, 05:49 am

juxtapoz wrote:
you go to communications mode> online lobby> choose whichever lobby you want (you have to be in the same as the person you want to play, obviously). sometimes it'll take a bit before the other person shows up. if it still doesn't work it's probably that you've got different regions - you've got US and i'm going to assume andy has a NZ or EUR version. if andy has the umd though you can make it an iso pretty easily; then all you'd have to do is convert your save, which is a little more difficult but still possible.

That... would make a lot of sense. Thanks xD; Hm... but I thought PSP games were non-region coded? Oh well, at least I'll be able to play against Tian if she brings her PSP to school. I just lent her the disc Jade gave me with Dissidia on it (she left her copy in China. She had it aaaages ago. lolwhut! XD)

Meanwhile, Tidus is kick-ass to play as! Although his windup time is a bit slow. >w>

Edit: Something in me just died, Tidus called Firion 'Rosebud' XD
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 14/09/09, 07:10 am

Oh my god, Golbez was hard to beat. T_T *had to change play mode to casual gamer down from average to be able to beat him* Now playing Cloud's one - much prefer Cloud's fighting style to Cecil's, I think...
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By creature124. 14/09/09, 07:14 am

JVCA wrote:
Oh my god, Golbez was hard to beat. T_T *had to change play mode to casual gamer down from average to be able to beat him* Now playing Cloud's one - much prefer Cloud's fighting style to Cecil's, I think...

THIS. ALL OF THIS.

I did Cloud first, which made playing Cecil really weird. I was playing on Average, also had to bump down to Casual to beat Golbez ;-;

And now, playing Tidus' story makes me wanna replay FFX!
creature124
creature124

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 14/09/09, 08:34 am

creature124 wrote:
JVCA wrote:

THIS. ALL OF THIS.

I did Cloud first, which made playing Cecil really weird. I was playing on Average, also had to bump down to Casual to beat Golbez ;-;

And now, playing Tidus' story makes me wanna replay FFX!

yeah, cecil's playstyle is a little crazy. it's pretty tough to connect his hp attacks sometimes.
nonetheless, i managed to beat golbez in one go, and i'm on the hardcore setting. though tbh i'm unsure that that even effects the difficulty - i'd always assumed it just changed the treasure you got from the chocobo. maybe i was just higher level than you guys - my cecil is rockin' it at level 17.

Li-Bai wrote:
That... would make a lot of sense. Thanks xD; Hm... but I thought PSP games were non-region coded? Oh well, at least I'll be able to play against Tian if she brings her PSP to school. I just lent her the disc Jade gave me with Dissidia on it (she left her copy in China. She had it aaaages ago. lolwhut! XD)

well... you can play any region game on your psp, it's just that you can't connect to other regions. it's sort of like choosing a different server on an mmo: essentially you're playing the same game but you can't play with anyone on the other server. or something.

you should totally play against me next table tennis, man !!

Back to top Go down

Post By Keysha-chan. 14/09/09, 08:57 am

UHSKHFUIDHRUIE So much to reply to and I'm on a computer with a keyboard I'm not a fan of! *cracks knuckles*

@ Li-bai - I'm fond of a good deal of the villain voices. Some of them (most of all any guy clad in heavy armor) seem to be on a MASSIVE CONTEST to who can spit out the deepest, DEEEPPPEESSSTTT voice! Seriously, Exdeath's voice could make the ground rumble! XD

I also love Cloud of Darkness. She'll be at Auckland Armageddon. Who's gonna get their copy of the game signed too? Final Fantasy - Dissidia - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

I was also the same as Sephiroth when I beat him. Cloud's story is really a cake-walk compared to almost all the others so I wasn't surprised. Quite loved the fight with One Winged Angel blaring out, though I still think Vs Jecht and Otherworld is the most rocking boss-battle yet (though it ended too quickly for me. XD He didn't even have time to HP damage me).

I am interested to hear Squall's natural voice too. If it's out of his normal vocal range, he's pretty much doing a VA no-no in that respect, and it's most likely why it's coming out sounding forced too.

Zidane - it IS a bit of a butt-tail? XD I really should look at his Trance mode or...better yet, just look at his model in the gallery section and see where it sits in Trance mode, that should answer things.

He is my personal fave fighter. I can get in quick attacks and some are pretty insane when he gets higer leveled, thus why he's the first one I'm maining (Tidus will be second, then bartz! They all have speed and fun attacks!)

But Zidane? Totally going to be cosplaying his Dissida form at Wellygeddon 2010. I just hope my Bartz can make it down for it tooooooo!

@ creature - Tidus' story DID make me replay FFX! XD Eheheehehehe, I love him so much!

And yay for the WOL/Cosmos vibesssss! There is...fanart coming soon *coughcough* >:3

EDIT: Oh and I TOTALLY forgot to thank you guys who answered my question about FFV. In a bit of a bind with that, though. Don't have any of my old gameboys and at the moment the DS I'm looking at getting later this year is a DSi so...yeaahhh. >:/ This means I may have to re-think plans.
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Admin. 14/09/09, 09:06 am

NO. DO NOT GET A DSi. THEY ARE EVIL, DISGUSTING MONSTERS. D8<
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 14/09/09, 09:15 am

@Creature: Oh thank god it's not just that I'm a suckier gamer than I thought. >.<
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Admin. 14/09/09, 09:42 am

YUSSS.

THE PSP IS CHARGED AND IT IS TIME FOR DISSIDIA~~~!!!!!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post By creature124. 14/09/09, 09:47 am

HES A CHARGIN HIS DISSIDA.

Um, Jess, actually it's not much of a comfort....I SUCK, like am genuinely TERRIBLE at action games in general. Being on the same level as me is not really ideal ;-;
creature124
creature124

Back to top Go down

Post By Keysha-chan. 14/09/09, 09:48 am

@Admin - really? Care to explain? :3 No one's been very helpful so far in reccomending between a DS lite and a DSi (asides colour choice XD).
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Admin. 14/09/09, 10:00 am

...DSi... you don't get Slot 2 for GBA games. It's just... a monster. D8 Really. Get a DS Lite. Just... so much better. Or a DS Phat. Just like, not a DSi. >_<
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content