Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favourite FF?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Favourite FF?
Post By Guest. 03/04/10, 01:56 pm

[quote="sakkaf"]
Le_Saboteur wrote:
Kazamaster wrote:

I think XII had a bad story but took ages to fully complete so that was ok, I guess stare

Bad... story? D:

I thought it was the best story. Less melodramatic bull than the other FFs. Look at the plight of Ashe, of Dalmasca, the clashing Empires! ;-;

Each to their own though 8D I'm more of a WRPG girl, and I thought 12 was the best by a long shot.

sakkaf wrote:

It completely turned around how FF was played - from the turn based system to the active turn based system. Plus it was a spectacular civil war story - little do people know Square Enix has been developing it since X. The characters do look "cookie cutter"-ish though (meaning they look familiar, but thats generally how Squeenix works?), and theres hints of romance but yet not - which means fans of romance stories may or may not like it.

Don't know kinda agree with Final Fantasy XII having a bad story, mean some of the characters could of walked away half way through the game if the wanted to. What was the point of them being there ? The only backstory was Vaan being furious about his older brothers death, and it seems lacking in short in compared of backstories like VI, VII, IX and X. Mean VI shows backstories of over 13 characters and VII explains why everybody hates Sephiroth and the Shrina. Penelo could of walked away half way through the game, she was only there because of Vaan. Disagree, believe that XII had the worse storyline. And battles, well you could just set up the system- have a cup of tea, battle over- no work done. What's the point of even doing the final boss ?? to be honest only play through XII because it has the character Larsa and like the idea of Larsa x Penelo being together...

Not to mention, what values does the game show to the player ??

Final Fantasy IV- It shows players to forgive others, and jealously can destroy love and friendships
Final Fantasy V- Fighting for love ( family in V's case ) can be the most powerful thing you can do.
Final Fantasy VI- Everybody has a bad past that we regret, be strong and move on from that bad past..
Final Fantasy VII- Basically, be yourself- be your own identity people love you for your true identity.
Final Fantasy VIII- Caring for somebody can heal a damaged heart..
Final Fantasy IX- Help others in need, if you help others people will help you in return when you need help
Final Fantasy X- Remember the good memories of your past, and never forget them..

Final Fantasy XII- Hate... Politics ??

Don't hate Final Fantasy XII, but just disagree with the game having a excellent story and SE changing the battle system for the better of the future, kinda prefer the *walk/ screen flashes/ monster appears " oldschool system. ^^'

Favourite FF? - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By SoulessPuppet. 08/04/10, 11:59 am

Well all in all, FF has awesome storylines, values, songtracks and graphics.
But I can see why people like FF8...
\shot for imagining wet Squall (KH1)
SoulessPuppet
SoulessPuppet
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 642
Transforms into : *Kupo.*
Registration date : 2009-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post By hyolee123. 08/04/10, 01:43 pm

Man I really don't know my fave FF game.

I can't really say I know FFVII very well. I played it when I was 4 (That didn't turn out so good >.>;)
And I only have the remake of III and have played X through XIII

XIII has a really speedy battle system. You need to think fast. Like really fast. The graphics are awesome and the back stories are really good too.

But I really love my DS version of FFIII it was just that much fun. I was addicted to it.
hyolee123
hyolee123
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 547
Transforms into : Silent Magician
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down
http://www.hyolee123.deviantart.com

Post By collarander. 11/04/10, 05:35 pm

maka wrote:

Not to mention, what values does the game show to the player ??

Final Fantasy IV- It shows players to forgive others, and jealously can destroy love and friendships
Final Fantasy V- Fighting for love ( family in V's case ) can be the most powerful thing you can do.
Final Fantasy VI- Everybody has a bad past that we regret, be strong and move on from that bad past..
Final Fantasy VII- Basically, be yourself- be your own identity people love you for your true identity.
Final Fantasy VIII- Caring for somebody can heal a damaged heart..
Final Fantasy IX- Help others in need, if you help others people will help you in return when you need help
Final Fantasy X- Remember the good memories of your past, and never forget them..

Final Fantasy XII- Hate... Politics ??

LOL! Favourite FF? - Page 4 132820 Politics! Yep, I think FFXII was setting us up for political debate right there! (Future rulers beware!)
Though I kinda think FFXII was about dreams, because everybody had an ideal future in mind and fought for it. Vaan wants to be a sky pirate, Ashe wants her country back, Balthier wanted to be an individual...well, yeah that's my take on it lol.
collarander
collarander
Ultimatum

Number of posts : 228
Transforms into : a nyan cat? I wish lol
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down
http://www.collarander.deviantart.com

Post By Le_Saboteur. 12/04/10, 01:09 am

OH LOOK, I missed all this.

If you want to stick anything to FFXII, have it be this: you should always struggle for what you believe in. That's exactly what the main cast are doing.

There's also a huge focus on family in FFXII, including adopted family. It's one of the big themes of the game, I think. So is loyalty.

Penelo stayed because Archadia with Vayne at the head is corrupt as heck, and she wanted to see it gone? Because she loves Vaan like a brother and wants to protect him? Those are at least a few good reasons I can give for Penelo staying.
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Number of posts : 1202
Transforms into : The Mare in the Moon
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post By DarkGaia. 12/04/10, 07:28 am

My top 3 favs are final fantasy tactics advanced, ffx, and ffix

I CANT DECIDE BETWEEN THEM D:
DarkGaia
DarkGaia
Superman

Number of posts : 264
Transforms into : Ceres. Phuket in Thailand YEAH 8D
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 12/04/10, 08:14 am

collarander wrote:

LOL! Politics! Yep, I think FFXII was setting us up for political debate right there! (Future rulers beware!)
Though I kinda think FFXII was about dreams, because everybody had an ideal future in mind and fought for it. Vaan wants to be a sky pirate, Ashe wants her country back, Balthier wanted to be an individual...well, yeah that's my take on it lol.

But doesn't

FF12 Spoiler

Spoiler:

Basche wanted forgiveness too, Basche is awesome <3

Le_Saboteur wrote:
I think. So is loyalty.

Think that FF 12's theme could be loyalty, mean Vaan's brother got betrayed and Basche got framed and Vayne's dictatorship, think that FF 12's theme is showing the theme of betrayal and fighting overcoming betrayal. Like how Vaan is struggling to move on from loosing his brother and feeling betrayed by Basche.

@ Le_ Saboteur

Don't Vaan and Penelo become a
Spoiler:
in the RW FF XII sequel ??

Back to top Go down

Post By Le_Saboteur. 12/04/10, 12:00 pm

maka wrote:
Basche wanted forgiveness too, Basche is awesome <3

I just quoted that because. Yeah. BASCH IS TOTALLY AWESOME.

maka wrote:
Don't Vaan and Penelo become a
Spoiler:
in the RW FF XII sequel ??

I actually never played it, so I would have NO clue. I know that they fly around in an airship, that's the extent of my knowledge, haha. But it definitely looked like it was gonna happen in XII, though they never really went into it (romance I guess wasn't top of their list, they wanted WAR!!!11 in this one). They were certainly pretty chummy.

@DarkGaia

Must.. play FFTA. Do want.
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 12/04/10, 12:04 pm

Ahgajsk.. Sorry Le_ Saboteur and collarander just noticed that the spoiler tags are not working. sweatdrop

@ Le_ Saboteur. Yup, Basche should have his own game, Vincent Valentine had one..

Back to top Go down

Post By Le_Saboteur. 12/04/10, 12:07 pm

maka wrote:

@ Le_ Saboteur. Yup, Basche should have his own game, Vincent Valentine had one..

Oh man, I would buy that game in a second, hahaha. Srs Basch fangirl right here Favourite FF? - Page 4 3772

Pleasepleaseplease Squeenix.
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Kat. 12/04/10, 12:09 pm

by the way did you know that ffX onwards the games have a different composer and scenario writer which explains most of their problems

in FFXII peenlo sort falls for a ghost dude so no peenlo and van never offically happens

FFVII - moral of the story no matter how often you kill someone they wont stay dead lol by the end of advent children cloud had killed sepheiroth 3 times lol
Kat
Kat
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post By Arbalest. 17/04/10, 06:32 pm

I really loved VIII.... the only thing was i couldn't understand the Triple Triad.
Dissidia, Tactics and Crisis core i had great portable fun with too ^^
ashamed I'm usually shunned for liking 8 over 10 though... but i cant understand why
Arbalest
Arbalest
seXAH <3

Number of posts : 81
Transforms into : In the MAGS pool
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 18/04/10, 06:19 am

triple triad was fantastic man what are you talking about

it's half the reason to play the game really

Back to top Go down

Post By Arbalest. 18/04/10, 07:56 am

Oh yeah, it was great don't get me wrong. Just i kept seeing the computer pull perfect plus, combo, same out of its ass all the time.... and causing me to lose.
sigh
Arbalest
Arbalest
seXAH <3

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 18/04/10, 01:33 pm

FFX is my favourite.
It had a great story and I like how Sqeenix closed up most of the loose ends by making the sequel.

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 18/04/10, 01:35 pm

juxtapoz wrote:
triple triad was fantastic man what are you talking about

it's half the reason to play the game really

I was the triple triad master in my day! Then my discs got scratched now I can't remember all my tactics...

Back to top Go down

Post By NieN. 18/04/10, 02:39 pm

Arbalest wrote:
Oh yeah, it was great don't get me wrong. Just i kept seeing the computer pull perfect plus, combo, same out of its ass all the time.... and causing me to lose.
sigh

Maybe you spread too many rules? If you're just playing to farm items etc, you only want to spread "open" and "Diff"
Although I did think that having access to card mod so early was kinda bad.
NieN
NieN
Superman

Number of posts : 260
Transforms into : Ho-Oh, lol jks a Hoothoot
Registration date : 2009-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post By Arbalest. 19/04/10, 09:51 am

na, i played same plus combo one trade and hidden cards.
no pansy was i >.>
Arbalest
Arbalest
seXAH <3

Back to top Go down

Post By Keysha-chan. 19/04/10, 04:37 pm

You know the saying 'your fave final fantasy is usually your first' proves very true in many cases (not ALWAYS, obviously, but still! Razz)

X will always be my fave. I remember popping in Kingdom Hearts for the first time and was interested in the FF characters that I wanted to give one of the games a go (and I was met with a wonderful surprise that instead of being cringe-worthy like he was in Kingdom Hearts, FFX Wakka was and still is, AWESOME!)

I can understand people's reasons for not liking/enjoying X. The Voice Acting has its faults (though to be fair, the digital voice compression that the VAs had no control over doesn't help their performances at all) and Tidus is a very different type of lead character compared to more calm and collected ones like Cloud and Squall.

Though to be honest, I never really connected with either of them as heroes, and that's perhaps one of the reasons I never really got into VII or VIII. I connect more to the happy (sometimes even cocky) characters like Tidus and Zidane (FFIX happens to be my second fave).

The battle system in X is my fave as well, I'm very fond of all the party characters (I found each of them useful in their own way - and everyone gets used), the aeons were cool and I loved both the designs and the way they were heavily incorporated into the story.

Speaking of which, I do like the game's story too. It's been interesting doing a replay recently - because watching Tidus' character growth from a rather spoiled athlete who had the world revolve around him to a young man who puts others before him and is willing to self-sacrifice for the greater good is an entertaining story point - though all the characters have growth in some way (even Wakka and his racism XD). Then there's Jecht - whom at first I didn't like almost as much as Tidus whenever you saw a flashback on how he treated little Tidus or picked on him and acted like a Bully.

...Then you see the first Jecht sphere...and the ones that follow after that. I felt like such a jerk for all the mean thoughts I had towards him, when you realise he's actually quite a loving, caring father - he just can't put it into words or be very...well...loving fatherly (and looking at Jecht, you can understand why!) Like Tidus, he grew as he traveled through Spira.

And the ending. Gosh, did I bawww a good hour or so after that ending.

But yeah, wow. My two cents.

I actually do LIKE all the FFs I've played in some way, others just take me more than the others do (I think I'm a sucker for old-school fantasy with a little less of the modern industrial look, save for Zanarkand).

Oh, and Dissidia needs a mention, since it's my fave portable game now. :3
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down
http://www.Keysha-chan.deviantart.com

Post By Pyro. 19/04/10, 06:02 pm

-flopflop-

Wow, it's been over two years since I made my first post on this thread. :B

Lately, my FF preference has shifted back to FFX. I've been playing through XIII, and while I love it, it's been reminding me of all the things I loved about X.

Every time I level up the crystarium, I think of the sphere grid, and how my Yuna had completed pretty much every character's nodes. When I watch the cutscenes, I think about how far the graphics have come, but how X is still a beautiful game, and truly one that has aged well. I was playing through Palumpolum, and the entire level reminded me of Bevelle, and the escape sequence of FFX, which was far more tense than anything XIII has delivered to me yet.

When I reached Bevelle in FFX, I was invested in the characters and I cared about the plot. I wanted Yuna and Tidus to reunite, and for Seymour to be defeated. Exploring the temple and all the other things that happened after contained... it was all built up well, and the tension didn't end when you saved Yuna.

Palumpolum in FFXIII felt similar to Bevelle, despite the differences in plot, because both were shooting for the same feeling: you're running from/towards the military, you're putting yourself on the line, and you're trying to reunite your entire party. But XIII's Palumpolum fell so flat-- when soldiers noticed me and initiated battle, I caught myself thinking 'ugh, here we go again...'. I never got that feeling from FFX. Palumpolum frequently bored me. Bevelle, which took me far longer, entertained me the whole way through.

As such, X has reclaimed its spot at the top of my favorites list. No other Final Fantasy had me so captivated by its characters, its plot, its atmosphere... I still tear up at some of the areas of the game. I still cringe when I realize how naive Tidus is. I still want to hug the cast when they have their problems.

The FFX battle system is my favorite, and the FFX music is my favorite. No other Final Fantasy compares.

I'm gonna start replaying it ASAP... because goddamn, X was good.
Pyro
Pyro
Winner of the Infinitely Quotable Award

Number of posts : 3934
Transforms into : Tik-Tok Tibenoch
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post By Le_Saboteur. 20/04/10, 01:58 am

Pyro wrote:

Palumpolum in FFXIII felt similar to Bevelle, despite the differences in plot, because both were shooting for the same feeling: you're running from/towards the military, you're putting yourself on the line, and you're trying to reunite your entire party. But XIII's Palumpolum fell so flat-- when soldiers noticed me and initiated battle, I caught myself thinking 'ugh, here we go again...'. I never got that feeling from FFX. Palumpolum frequently bored me. Bevelle, which took me far longer, entertained me the whole way through.

Huh, you're right! They do have a very similar feel, but I was actually quite... nervous? while I was in Bevelle. In Palumpolum it was kinda like, eh, whatever, I know I'm going to beat you all. And if I don't, I can 'try again' right before this battle!

Quote :
and the FFX music is my favorite. No other Final Fantasy compares.

As much as I love the music of FFXIII (especially the menu music), I have to agree. To Zanarkand, ahh <3

Aw man, even though X wasn't my favourite, I want to play it again with all this talk of it.. .
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 20/04/10, 01:06 pm

Was kinda of disappointed with Bevelle, because imagined something happening like Yuna falling into Tidus's arms, and Tidus having a one- on- one battle with Seymour and then escaping back on the airship, then Tidus and Yuna embracing..

When Yuna just told Tidus to stop and then she flew backwards on the alter, and Tidus just shouted on much he disliked Seymour, was- disappointed..

Was really hoping for something really romantic in Bevelle..

And really dislike that sliver dragon boss before it, omgosh- Poison + Stone on haste ?? Had to overdrive like maad..

Back to top Go down

Post By Plazcheetah. 24/04/10, 06:05 pm

I really like the battle system from Final fantasy 12 and the world. FF 10, 10-x2 and 13 failed to get my interest
Plazcheetah
Plazcheetah
Ultimatum

Number of posts : 223
Transforms into : A Shymon: shy SHY SHYMON!
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com

Post By Shinjitsu. 12/06/10, 05:27 am

For me FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus does the trick... only 'cause I'm a major Ace fan <3 hahaha. Didn't really get into FFX, but I like FFXIII =3
Shinjitsu
Shinjitsu
seXAH <3

Number of posts : 86
Transforms into : Bankai! o.O
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Shinjitsu.Jounetsu

Post By Axelinn. 12/06/10, 12:23 pm

^HAE. I are offend xD I liked DoC sad
(You just don't like it 'cause you didn't understand the guns D<)

On the note of guns, though, I found DoC rather enjoyable because of it C:

I would say FFXII would be my favourite, but that could be because I loved pretty much all of the characters C: I could go on for a long time about the Cid in this game and Basch and Gabranth and Balthier Larsa and nnngh~ <3
Also the non-turn based-ness of it, probably 'cause I'm used to hack-and-slash games and the like. I liked running circles around whatever I'm fighting while I was fighting it.
Axelinn
Axelinn
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 724
Transforms into : A Flying Purple People Eater
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down
http://antireality.livejournal.com

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content