Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How was your Auckgeddon? 8D

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: How was your Auckgeddon? 8D
Post By Bedemmy. 26/10/10, 12:04 am

I had a brilliant time! I was so stoked to meet everyone~!
You were all so nice~~~
Bedemmy
Bedemmy
delicious, delicious pie
delicious, delicious pie

Number of posts : 314
Transforms into : Captain Curry!
Registration date : 2010-08-08

How was your Auckgeddon? 8D - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 26/10/10, 12:49 am

The best day for me was monday for the comp. I was so scared waiting in line to go on stage and I was shaking! So kurt held onto my hand D8 It was really fun and lots of people called me pretty and I was like 'lol no, but thank you'. I was really happy because people were calling my cosplay awesome and I was like yushhhh because I couldn't believe I made something so extravagant. After this, I think I've decided what I'll cosplay next welly comp, I want to make something really OTT, and I've been thinking about it for a while. I really wanted to do our skit on stage but our Kaito pulled out, and to make things worse, our guitar prop was too heavy and couldnt be judged or taken on stage.

Saturday was all hyper and fun, I got to meet lots of people. I got to hug Vic and get a photo with him, as I was Riza. Lots of people took photos too C: Not much happened this day.

Friday night I fell down a manhole up the street. D<

and sunday... I was stupid enough to wear a suit. Ended up getting changed and coming back for the cosplay games, which were amazing.

anyway, I'll put up a journal on my DA when I get home. Hope everyone had fun!

edit;; and the ball was amazing, Cyren asked me to dance so I got a dance, yushhhhh. And everyone was calling me Sexy. I was too busy trying to not let my dress fall down.

Back to top Go down

Post By Le_Saboteur. 26/10/10, 01:18 am

What an amazing weekend. SO MANY COSPLAYERS THIS YEAR. You all looked amazing.
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Number of posts : 1202
Transforms into : The Mare in the Moon
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post By sakuramiyabi. 26/10/10, 01:19 am

This years Armageddon brilliant in several ways.

1. No competition stress so I stuck to obscure "comfortable" cosplays all three days.
2. I got to hang and meet awesome people <3
3. Got to see peoplez that I don't get to see.
4. I got drunk unexpectedly for the first time (well this isn't really a highlight but still the people who I was with when I got drunk ahuhu amusing people <3)
5. I got to monopolize s_in_c for a night and we had an epic sukiyaki dinner at 11.15pm 8D, we're making hot cakes now and we'll probably slather it in ham mmm ham ...
6. I was the saikang/bag smarmy wrench/all around helper for everyone else, and it was awesome to do once in a while :3 bohahaha
7. P4 photoshoot was AMAZING and fun ... and I MEAN amazing and fun LOL one of the best I've had~
8. The Cosplay Games went well without much a hitch. The Otaku Quiz. Pfft~ lol FFBoys. I'm sorry but when you have a name like that and a couple of yaoi fangirls yeah >> think about it <3.
9. Extreme Cosplay Making was FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN and ridiculous. Me and Tammy kept on losing the end of the tape and were FMLing on stage.

Now I am still really tired, dehydrated and my body aches <3<3<3 See you people next time~

I also have an amazing bed head. Super short hair + hair spray + too tired and cbf to wash it our + wig hair = Super Amazing Bed Hair
sakuramiyabi
sakuramiyabi
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3941
Transforms into : Melted pool of something
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Back to top Go down
http://sakuramiyabi019.deviantart.com

Post By Blooberry. 26/10/10, 01:33 am

Koemix wrote:
Blooberry wrote:
I wish I talked/socialized/hanged out with more people more often. orz I wish I wasn't shy or awkward too ;////////;
I had a pretty good time, but the excitement that I felt last year just wasn't there. Bought loads of stuff and it was cool that loads of people knew who I was cosplaying~ [although not who I actually was OTL]
Sad they didn't actually screen Basara. Oh well.
Oh, and how Vic though my name was 'Betty' rather than 'Maddi' was both funny and disappointing HURRRR.
i saw you! D8
but every time i wanted to take a picture with you,
you were gone ;n;

I'm sorry! I kept running around trying to find the people I was looking after orz ;A;
I saw you too but was too shy to ask for a photo </3 You were awesome though! /was totally fangirling in a corner

Last edited by Blooberry on 26/10/10, 01:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Blooberry
Blooberry
lucky*

Number of posts : 1191
Transforms into : SAUSAGE MAN
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post By Minato_mori. 26/10/10, 01:40 am

Casey wrote:

and the ball was amazing, Cyren asked me to dance so I got a dance, yushhhhh.

I totally did owe you lol i'll wear a suit next time as my attire was a tad dirty lol

i loved auckland this year! just genuine fun and a proper laxed out holiday
with a spread amount of drinks xD and i didn't even buy anything! ohwait, bananna vodka..

but i spent $100 for my friends in chch Very Happy
Minato_mori
Minato_mori
fraggle rock

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post By Squishy blob. 26/10/10, 02:45 am

MY AUCKGEDDON WAS AWESOMELY AWESOME!

I met and hugged and talked with so many people!

Magnet Ball group was amazing! We had so much fun. Magnet Miku costume was sooooo annoying to wear though, dress kept falling down in dancing/photo-taking/moving and my headphones were broken at the end of the night. During the day a few middle-aged women asked me for photos, probably just because I was wearing a costume. I'll probably be one of them some day! I started the second long line that went through the doors btw =D. It was like "let's start a line!" "I don't wanna be in front!" * I grab someone and a line starts* "YAY!" Sorry to people who got squashed.

I love my K-ON! group too! Azusa's uniform was way moe comfortable to wear. Those of you who saw our performance, I hope you enjoyed it! I was the Azusa sitting down and playing bass >_<... If any has a video, could you upload it/show me?

Note to self- next 'geddon, DO NOT wear clip-on pigtails 2 days in a row. I now have 4 to de-tangle.

= I had LOTS of fun! I LOVE YOU ALL!
Squishy blob
Squishy blob
LEVEL UP!

Number of posts : 1228
Transforms into : pancakes at 5am
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down
http://squishyblob.tumblr.com

Post By Kitten Slave. 26/10/10, 03:07 am

I collected so many hugs.
whee
Kitten Slave
Kitten Slave
forum prisoner.

Number of posts : 2977
Transforms into : A horny school girl.
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post By Duckeh. 26/10/10, 03:11 am

Squishy blob wrote:
MY AUCKGEDDON WAS AWESOMELY AWESOME!

I met and hugged and talked with so many people!

Magnet Ball group was amazing! We had so much fun. Magnet Miku costume was sooooo annoying to wear though, dress kept falling down in dancing/photo-taking/moving and my headphones were broken at the end of the night. During the day a few middle-aged women asked me for photos, probably just because I was wearing a costume. I'll probably be one of them some day! I started the second long line that went through the doors btw =D. It was like "let's start a line!" "I don't wanna be in front!" * I grab someone and a line starts* "YAY!" Sorry to people who got squashed.

I love my K-ON! group too! Azusa's uniform was way moe comfortable to wear. Those of you who saw our performance, I hope you enjoyed it! I was the Azusa sitting down and playing bass >_<... If any has a video, could you upload it/show me?

Note to self- next 'geddon, DO NOT wear clip-on pigtails 2 days in a row. I now have 4 to de-tangle.

= I had LOTS of fun! I LOVE YOU ALL!
I t hink I came and fondled your costume on sunday? Haha. I was trying to work out how the patterns were there. Razz

This armageddon wasn't that great for tammy and I on the monday. Hngh. But I still had fun staring at everyones amazzzzinnnngg costumes. Seriously guys, even those not in the competition! ;-; And sunday was great. <3 NEXT YEAR I WILL BE PREPARED EARLLLYYY. I SWEAR.

Last edited by Duckeh on 26/10/10, 03:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Duckeh
Duckeh
GOD of all things EPIC

Number of posts : 6842
Transforms into : YO BUTT.
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down
http://www.duckeh.com

Post By Tamoo. 26/10/10, 03:31 am

Well. I had a great time scaring little children. 8D SOFUN.
Tamoo
Tamoo
Supermod

Number of posts : 4525
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post By Sakura Haruno. 26/10/10, 03:36 am

It was my first time this year and it was like being in Another World, like seriously, all those amazing people with their super cool costumes just made my day, I was pretty depressed on friday but oh man Armageddon on saturday lifted my spirit *^_^* And on Monday was another great day I just cant wait for the next year and this time I have plenty of time to prepare different costumes Yay!!! lol Anyway I want to say THANK YOU Cosplayers for making Armageddon such an amazing experience for me!!! chuu~! chuu~!
Sakura Haruno
Sakura Haruno
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post By Sybarite. 26/10/10, 03:44 am

hhhhmmmmmm overall the experience was amazing, mostly due to Monday, you meet the best friends when you cosplay. <3

I just love how we can get together and start partying, like the rick roll parade and numerous fail rave parties I attempted to start but fell apart. XDDDD

GUTTED that I missed out on the ball, but I would've been DEAD on Monday if I went crazy for so long. Then again, I think I went crazy on Monday anyway. LOL at maid hairband+miku ponytails Spain....= =

I mostly hung around the Hetalia cosplayers and K-ON group, though I met lots of new people,next year if I stay in NZ I'd really like to befriend more rather than fangirl squealling silently inside and papping photos.

on the other hand....DID NOT appreciate certain members of staff and portions of the public that would just stroll infront of people taking photos, when there was an OBVIOUS detour. its called walking behind the cameraman people. behiiiinnnndddd.

RARRRR
Sybarite
Sybarite
Superman

Number of posts : 266
Transforms into : Super Squaloman
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post By ~xXAshXx~. 26/10/10, 03:59 am

OMG totaly loved it <3 i had so much fun espesh hanging out with Axelinn and tobi and dei dei <3 ya OHH and Roshi Yoshi <3 ^.^ Musnt forget you lol my little naru and I are sining the nannapuss song today so much fun you guys where awsome!!!

and to everyone i hugged LOVED IT!!! so if i hugged you or you hugged me IM HERE!!!! :3

So looking foward to next year and even the cosplay picnic if i am going :s

Im already starting to plan my cosplay now :0 mum was having a fit like "omg you shouldnt be planing now youll just get excited and if we cant go then youll be so dissapointed" im like "well their like my 2nd family i love them" <3
~xXAshXx~
~xXAshXx~
Terminator

Number of posts : 74
Transforms into : A big nerd
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/terrorpuppy/

Post By Zeorymer. 26/10/10, 04:49 am

Was great. Especially Sunday with the Cosplay Games and dinner Razz
Hung out with some friends and some strangers, and now the strangers are also friends C:
Zeorymer
Zeorymer
Winner of the Team Spirit Award

Number of posts : 201
Transforms into : Plot Device
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post By seraphik. 26/10/10, 05:13 am

^ sunday dinner was hilarious! 'have you measured how long zack's sword is?'

i had a blast of a weekend. it definitely had its high and low points (had a few heart issues during the con), but it was amazing catching up with everyone and getting to meet new faces from CNZ. the cosplay games went well & the competition was staggering in quality as always, so i'm really privileged to have been able to go.

it was great seeing new cosplayers there, especially with such a high level of skill. the nz cosplay community is amazing & unique in the fact that we are so tight-knit and get along so well-- so to all you guys i talked to over the weekend, thanks for being awesome. B)
seraphik
seraphik
transient mod of fury

Number of posts : 4598
Transforms into : a post-graduate
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post By Koemix. 26/10/10, 05:22 am

Blooberry wrote:
Koemix wrote:
Blooberry wrote:
I wish I talked/socialized/hanged out with more people more often. orz I wish I wasn't shy or awkward too ;////////;
I had a pretty good time, but the excitement that I felt last year just wasn't there. Bought loads of stuff and it was cool that loads of people knew who I was cosplaying~ [although not who I actually was OTL]
Sad they didn't actually screen Basara. Oh well.
Oh, and how Vic though my name was 'Betty' rather than 'Maddi' was both funny and disappointing HURRRR.
i saw you! D8
but every time i wanted to take a picture with you,
you were gone ;n;

I'm sorry! I kept running around trying to find the people I was looking after orz ;A;
I saw you too but was too shy to ask for a photo </3 You were awesome though! /was totally fangirling in a corner

-wants photo even more now- ;_____;
Koemix
Koemix
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 592
Transforms into : idek at this point
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post By Mandie_Chan. 26/10/10, 06:00 am

One word: VIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC~
<3

lol this is auckgeddon. It totally deserves more than 1 word!

FridaySaturday: feet dying in shoes that were 2 sizes to small (even for cosplay I wouldn't suggest this to ANYONE!) had fun skipping round, kahamehameh((sp?) as pretty awesme too. Meet more people!!! I think this was the day I was J from a distance but she didn't talk to me T_T

Sunday: two words, AWESOME SAUCE!!!! Loved Chess~ THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PLAYED!!!!! Three rounds of pure doom for the opposing player(s) epicness. It wsa really cool seeing people kill other people in character ^_^
OH! and cosplay games were FANTASTIC~ (thanks to Lucy, Jess, ANGIE and Kylie for organizing stuffs + doing it) Being jedi was fun too~ need a better lightsaber though >_>
Dinner was awesome (have you measured zacks sword yet Lucy?). I think it was my fav part of the whole geddon experience, just chilling and chatting with people whom I don't see that often.

Monday: no comp = YAY!!! Seeing everyones finished comp cosplays was totally worth being there. I am in awe of you guys who entered!
Also went to see Vic's pannel. I LOVED FULLMETAL FANTSY!!! I wanna watch it again now... and and and Vic hugged me and HE'S SO COOOOL~ <3

um yes...
In conclusion, Auckgeddon was an epic-wonderfluffle-with-a-side-of-awesome-sauce of a time ^_^
Mandie_Chan
Mandie_Chan
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 6753
Transforms into : Epic Baker of DOOOOM
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post By DeltaBeta. 26/10/10, 06:32 am

Weeee spent more than I ever had in one 'trip'~
DeltaBeta
DeltaBeta
Tophat

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post By Tsunami-Chan Xo. 26/10/10, 07:02 am

My first time and it was SICK!
Miss you all sooooooooooooooooooo much sad
Tsunami-Chan Xo
Tsunami-Chan Xo
Banana

Number of posts : 106
Transforms into : Ravin's Fangirl *squeeeee!!* =3
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post By Pixel. 26/10/10, 07:16 am

Weeeeeell, since it was my second time cosplaying (other was at Doujin Overload) I was kinda nervous and all. I think my inner-otaku self kicked in and I had a great time! I met my lovely Sock Panda who was my Magnet Luka! I was Miku of course Very Happy

I met heaps of great people! That weekend was honestly the BEST memorys I will EVER have. But since I'm only young and an amatuer cosplayer I will probably have alot more epic memorys....If the world doesnt end in 2012....^^;;;;;

DERP PHOTOS FTW. Alot of derpiness. Armageddon + Cosplay = Epic derp.

OH MAI IT WAS SO FUN. OH YES. OH GAWD.
Pixel
Pixel
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2010-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post By kyokyogirl. 26/10/10, 07:51 am

To sum up my Auckgeddon experience in a few words/statements:

-exhausting
-heatstroke
-dancing to Lady Gaga
-Kamehameha contest
-Kakashi!
-animation panel
-awesome cosplay!
-playing with the ipad (and using ipad internet to get on CNZ >.>)
-and I seriously loved those samurai sword umbrellas XD

On to Wellygeddon!
kyokyogirl
kyokyogirl
fuzzeh duckling~

Number of posts : 1097
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post By Auroa. 26/10/10, 07:55 am

Heyyyy Lucy do you want a sword like Zac's? ;D

Everything was awesome!!! I think I'd take too long to list it all.

Main thingies:
~It was awesome seeing everyone again! It was cool randomly hanging out and bumping into peoples and also dinner.
~The Cosplay Events, all of them XD
~Everyone's cosplays, ahhh your cosplays were amazinggg - you guys are so inspirational! *o*
~Kamehameha contest, is always hilarious, what an amazing finale hahah Razz
~Fullmetal Fantasy and Vic. NUFF SAID.
Auroa
Auroa
Can't brain, has case of dumbs.

Number of posts : 4962
Transforms into : ૮◠ᴥ◠ა
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post By Koemix. 26/10/10, 08:17 am

i loved that ric-roll thing in the corridoor xD
@kyokyogirl i get what you mean about heatstroke ;; it was so hot there!!
Koemix
Koemix
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 592
Transforms into : idek at this point
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post By shari. 26/10/10, 09:47 am

twas so fun got meet up with all theese pepplz i hadnt seen for a while and made friends with awesome kickass cosplays XD
loved the ball and the wickerman and was joined in the conga line :) (not sure how to spell that)
i couldnt go sat cos of issues :/ idk
but it twas really gud 2nd time round
shari
shari
Terminator

Number of posts : 75
Transforms into : rounding up muffins
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post By SoulessPuppet. 26/10/10, 09:59 am