Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[WCP10]WC PICNIC 2010 ~~

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down

What day would suit best?
Saturday 23rd Jan
[WCP10]WC PICNIC 2010 ~~ - Page 3 Vote_lcap68%[WCP10]WC PICNIC 2010 ~~ - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 68% [ 21 ]
Sunday 24th Jan
[WCP10]WC PICNIC 2010 ~~ - Page 3 Vote_lcap32%[WCP10]WC PICNIC 2010 ~~ - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 32% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 31

MessageAuthor
Re: [WCP10]WC PICNIC 2010 ~~
Post By kmlo2. 01/01/10, 02:25 pm

KARAOKE PLZ. 8D And I agree with Pura about assigning food.
Not sure if I can pull a costume together...but I'll try my best >_<

*scuttles away*
kmlo2
kmlo2
Banana

Number of posts : 107
Transforms into : a goopy, gelatinous mass at the sight of pretty boys.
Registration date : 2010-01-01

[WCP10]WC PICNIC 2010 ~~ - Page 3 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://kmlo2.deviantart.com

Post By Keysha-chan. 01/01/10, 06:04 pm

I'm totally in. X3
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down
http://www.Keysha-chan.deviantart.com

Post By azeria. 02/01/10, 02:47 am

Pura wrote:
Do you think we should assign people food to bring? That way we can have a nice range of food 8DDDDb

You mean we shouldn't have another chip convention?
azeria
azeria
ACB Queen '10

Number of posts : 3226
Transforms into : Rinatron
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down
http://azeriacosplay.tumblr.com/

Post By Li-Bai. 02/01/10, 03:15 am

@Pura Good idea! (Not being able to eat heaps makes me oblivious to this kind of thing XD") Right then, so have a bunch of categories and people volunteer for which-and-what. This'll avoid what.... azeria just aptly called a chip convention. I love it 8D

@kmlo2 You can do it! 加油!! (I still haven't figured out what I want to do!! orz)

Karaoke would be fun, but difficult to organise methinks. Traditionally it involves a TV and a speaker and mic and the karaoke software, right? Unless we go budget and have a stereo with a CD full of instrumentals in which case people would need to know the lyrics. Either way, we'll have access to electricity at the park most likely, but getting all that hooked up seems like a lot of work, not to mention someone will have to be constantly monitoring the TV/speakers/microphones to make sure it's not stolen or wrecked or something! (People will say 'pshaw it'll be fine/I'll watch it' but when it comes down to it and everyone else is off elsewhere, would you really? xD) I ent trying to be a killjoy, honest. I'm just looking at this objectively 8D

@Keysha-chan Sweet! Hope to see you there!
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2251
Transforms into : a lover and a renegade fighter.
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down
http://li-bai.deviantart.com

Post By motivational. 02/01/10, 03:33 am

Word, karaoke should occur at the ball or an indoor, set-up area.

I am keen to bring healthy foods. I had a fantasy about starting up a sushi bar under a gazebo but then I remembered that what I call sushi is very different from what Kiwis do... <--- is Japanese-American. But I'm happy to bring some sort of sandwichy... finger-foody... catering style yummies. =) And lots of biscuits. XD

Maybe I'm dreaming but would some kind of workshop or tutorial be of interest? I was brainstorming ideas to get people involved. I dunno if anyone has some interesting things about costume making or anime drawing they'd like to share...?

GIVE ME ART FOR MEMORABILIA. NOW.
motivational
motivational
Pinky

Number of posts : 22
Transforms into : Driving home topless
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post By Thornback. 02/01/10, 04:30 am

azeria wrote:
Pura wrote:
Do you think we should assign people food to bring? That way we can have a nice range of food 8DDDDb

You mean we shouldn't have another chip convention?

But the last chip convention was amazing!

But yeah, organisation of Food=good.
I expect we all know each other well enough to share, and this will avoid such situations as...heaps of drinks and no cups to drink it with. On that note, I'll bring cups.

Thornback
LEVEL UP!

Number of posts : 1317
Transforms into : Sir Robins Minstrels(there was much rejoicing.)
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post By kmlo2. 02/01/10, 04:58 am

Li-Bai wrote:
Karaoke would be fun, but difficult to organise methinks.

I agree I guess ^^;; Just getting over-excited...

As for memorabilia, if woven friendship bracelets are too difficult to make, what about those gaudy rubbery ones people wear? Dunno how much they'd cost...just making a suggestion. Other possible items could be keychain thingies/phone straps...stationery is also good. Didn't you say you guys got pens last year? Again, I have no idea how much they'd cost so I'm not much help... [WCP10]WC PICNIC 2010 ~~ - Page 3 724438
kmlo2
kmlo2
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post By Cassiel. 02/01/10, 06:56 am

d00d, I'm super-willing to help out!

-dances because she MIGHT have found a supplier for feathers and therefore OMG ACTUALLY FINISH RAKKA ON TIME-

Huurr... Durr.

Okay.

Games:

1) I really like the idea of the wig styling of crappy wigs that they had at the Christchurch games. Or perhaps getting scrap fabrics/makeup/wigs and then giving people a time limit to MAKE A COSPLAY 8Db

2) Scavenger hunt -- I know we had this planned but it never actually happened... it could still be fun, or alternatively, treasure hunt? We could make it cosplay themed somehow.

3) Uh, Pinata? Yes I know it could be dangerous but, you could cordon off a small area.

4) Dance off contest? Learn an anime/other dance and then pit it against other people in a team? (I would be very tempted to do thriller)

5) Twister? This was amazingly fun (and awkward!) at the Christmas party.

Intro Skit:

I'm partial to doing something based on Cinderella, except she can't find a date/dress etc for the Cosplay Ball? IDK really. Though we must keep the tradition of rehearsing 1/2 hour earlier... it wouldn't have been as funny!

Memorabilia:

Uh? I can't think of anything that you haven't... pens, drink bottles, tote bags, badges, caps, bracelets... a toothbrush? Those are the normal sort of things that get passed out. Maybe a little notebook with a picture on it?

Prizes:

Uh, best improvised cosplay? (Open to those who made it in the week beforehand/night before/on the day?)
Most colourful cosplay?
Best overall?
Best prop?
Best closet cosplay?
Most likely to die of heatstoke (given a hot day?)

As far as prizes go, misanga bracelets? Those are cool! Anime DVDs? Manga? We could wait until there was a sale and then go grab some. Spotlight/Borders gift card for overall winnar?

It makes me think you should put a $5 entry or something. Not too much, just something to help pay for the prizes.

Uhhh... that's all my ideas?
Cassiel
Cassiel
champaign supernova~

Number of posts : 820
Transforms into : Eating pudding.
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post By kmlo2. 02/01/10, 07:09 am

I second the toothbrushes XDDDDD And yes to an entry fee. It's mean to make the organisers pay for everything...
kmlo2
kmlo2
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 02/01/10, 07:50 am

Hmn, but generally if the park is free, everyone brings their own food, etc, then there's hardly a cost. Only small prizes. Like, I think Borders tokens is over-the-top, imo.

@Kelly re: #1, if we do that, it would get really messy. At Auckgeddon, there was something similar where people made cosplays out of newspaper and got given a character to make in like, five minutes, but they got REALLY messy really fast. Same with wigs; you'd have bits of fake hair littering the park xP.

... Pinata 8D. My five-year-old cousins had great fun with one at Christmas 8D. LET'S DO IT. (... but we need blind folds 8DDDDD)
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 02/01/10, 09:10 am

Good to see the ball rolling, guys! Now I start using quotes hurr

motivational wrote:
I am keen to bring healthy foods. I had a fantasy about starting up a sushi bar under a gazebo but then I remembered that what I call sushi is very different from what Kiwis do... <--- is Japanese-American. But I'm happy to bring some sort of sandwichy... finger-foody... catering style yummies. =) And lots of biscuits. XD
Healthy is good. Is it really? 8D Actually I think that'd be a cute idea. You'd probably be manning the sushi bar for 80% of the time though? Considering cosplayers' general fondness for sushi...

motivational wrote:
Maybe I'm dreaming but would some kind of workshop or tutorial be of interest? I was brainstorming ideas to get people involved. I dunno if anyone has some interesting things about costume making or anime drawing they'd like to share...?
Hmm... while I think it's a novel idea, something like this might be more suited for a con panel instead?

motivational wrote:
GIVE ME ART FOR MEMORABILIA. NOW.
OKAY OKAY. Ummm... oh gawd. Hey, keysha-chan, would you mind if we used one of your KH chibi fanarts to use for memorabilia or sommat? idkkkkkk D:

Thornback wrote:
I expect we all know each other well enough to share
Also on this note, if you are bringing homebaked goods make sure you know exactly what is in it. If one was to suffer from allergies, say, then knowing exactly what's in the food will lessen the risk of surprise anaphylactic shock. But also beware of cross-contamination!

kmlo2 wrote:
As for memorabilia, if woven friendship bracelets are too difficult to make, what about those gaudy rubbery ones people wear? Dunno how much they'd cost...just making a suggestion. Other possible items could be keychain thingies/phone straps...stationery is also good. Didn't you say you guys got pens last year?
I thought of this too, actually, but knowing where to obtain them is the question! Also, if it's something that has to be custom-ordered from somewhere it may be more expensive than handmaking bracelets. Originally the cute pens came in packets of ten (I bought like, six. Thank you, Fancy World card) and they were gonna be given as spotprizes, but we ended up having lots left over so everyone got one each. The thing about some of these Asian Cheap Stores is that some of them really aren't that cheap.....

Though what about handmaking bracelets... with little tags hanging off them saying WCP '10?

Cassiel wrote:
d00d, I'm super-willing to help out!
Great, thanks!

Cassiel wrote:
1) I really like the idea of the wig styling of crappy wigs that they had at the Christchurch games. Or perhaps getting scrap fabrics/makeup/wigs and then giving people a time limit to MAKE A COSPLAY 8Db

2) Scavenger hunt -- I know we had this planned but it never actually happened... it could still be fun, or alternatively, treasure hunt? We could make it cosplay themed somehow.

3) Uh, Pinata? Yes I know it could be dangerous but, you could cordon off a small area.

4) Dance off contest? Learn an anime/other dance and then pit it against other people in a team? (I would be very tempted to do thriller)

5) Twister? This was amazingly fun (and awkward!) at the Christmas party.
loland now there's a potential overload of games xD Not too many!! ;;;

1. Did they really have that? Woah xD but yeah, agreeing with Pura here. We did something like that at Leadership camp too... I was surprised at how much stuff ended up on the floor afterwards....

2. Yeah.... I remember this. Or rather, there wasn't much to remember of it xD I'd like to do this again, though we'd need to be super-organised about it!

3. Cordoning off would be a must with this. This requires something to hang it off, yes? Where we were last year there were no ground-level trees nearby, though if you tied it to the end of a really long stick and got someone to hold it that might do. @Pura, blindfolds are easy to obtain, just use leftover fabric, yeah?

4. I'm having odd mental images of people doing krumping battles now, like the Cosgrove sisters were at Lipsynch this last year. Lets do it >D

5. For sure! Someone would need to offer to bring it though.

Cassiel wrote:
I'm partial to doing something based on Cinderella, except she can't find a date/dress etc for the Cosplay Ball? IDK really. Though we must keep the tradition of rehearsing 1/2 hour earlier... it wouldn't have been as funny!
Maybe so! I'm still wracking my brains on this one xD admittedly I don't think there would be any other time to rehearse since we so rarely see one another at times. (Doing all the parts myself to direct was fun though)

Cassiel wrote:
Uh? I can't think of anything that you haven't... pens, drink bottles, tote bags, badges, caps, bracelets... a toothbrush? Those are the normal sort of things that get passed out. Maybe a little notebook with a picture on it?
kmlo2 wrote:
I second the toothbrushes XDDDDD
Some of these ideas sound more like hotel souvenirs than anything XD But duly taken into account.

Cassiel wrote:
Uh, best improvised cosplay? (Open to those who made it in the week beforehand/night before/on the day?)
I like it xD

Cassiel wrote:
Most colourful cosplay?
Best overall?
Best prop?
Best closet cosplay?
Most likely to die of heatstoke (given a hot day?
We also had best male and best female last time I think. Will note these down! Closet and improvised seem very similar though.

Cassiel wrote:
As far as prizes go, misanga bracelets? Those are cool! Anime DVDs? Manga? We could wait until there was a sale and then go grab some. Spotlight/Borders gift card for overall winnar?
What are misanga bracelets? 8D; The prizes last time were mostly donated manga and anime, so that's where that was obtained btw (superbudget ftw). If there's manga/anime that someone has a doubleup of or something, then that can be donated to the cause. It has to be in good condition though! Not like a volume of manga that your dog chewed up and thus you no longer want it. Like the overall winner idea, though it could be costly.

Cassiel wrote:
It makes me think you should put a $5 entry or something. Not too much, just something to help pay for the prizes.
kmlo2 wrote:
And yes to an entry fee. It's mean to make the organisers pay for everything...
Hmmm... the thing about the WCP is that ideally, I'd really, really love it to be free-of-charge for everyone. (Also, as it is an outdoor public venue and such...)

Cassiel wrote:
Uhhh... that's all my ideas?
That's plenty, ty :)

Pura wrote:
Hmn, but generally if the park is free, everyone brings their own food, etc, then there's hardly a cost. Only small prizes. Like, I think Borders tokens is over-the-top, imo.
Aye, small prizes. Last time I did actually go around a few shops asking if they'd like to sponsor for prizes, but no dice. :'( That's why quite a few prizes were small things. Crane/star paper and little pens I got from Fancy World.

Oh my, text barricade D: A big edit of the first post is comin' right up.

Last edited by Li-Bai on 02/01/10, 09:51 am; edited 5 times in total
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 02/01/10, 09:30 am

If it were not thesis time, I would volunteer to make friends with Mum's big scary embroidery sewing machine and make patches for us.

However it IS thesis time. And that sewing machine really really hates me.

Next time?

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 02/01/10, 09:43 am

Of course! Thanks muchly for the offer though. Patches doesn't sound like a half-bad idea though it would be a bit of work. Now do your thesis!

Big edit to first post again

Also, let's minimise the amount of work we have to do, in prep, during the picnic and afterwards in cleanup. The less we have to make is good, though too much buying would be costly. I'm not trying to be a fuddy-duddy or anything but if something looks like it might be too much effort, it'll probably be a no-goer. Mostly because it's holidays and we're all lazy sods (don't you deny it!) and also because, sadly, there was a severe lack of people who actually helped clean up afterwards. Plus... it is a picnic after all. >w>
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Cassiel. 02/01/10, 11:55 am

HOKAY.

Games:

1) Yeah, okay, the styling/making idea seems to be a no-go. Fair enough, I didn't think how much of a mess it would make, especially if the day was a little windy.

2) I can make up a list of the scavenger hunt if you want me to, it won't exactly be too hard. Or, I could make up the treasure hunt. Whichever you'd prefer.

3) Warehouse stationary has pinatas for about $25, but don't quote me on that. Alternatively, does anyone wanna volunteer to make one?

4) Lol, shall we say teams of however much you want, and then a freestyling session? I would love to see that ;3

5) I'll PM Static and ask her who bought it to the Christmas Party.

Memorabilia:

http://www.print.org.nz/promo-pens-metal.htm Here's one place
http://www.promotional.co.nz/ Here's another.
http://www.imagegroup.co.nz/default.aspx?Page=Category&CategoryID=4583 And another.
http://www.luxident.co.nz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5&Itemid=7 PROMOTIONAL TOOTHBRUSHES 8Db

But, I really really love the idea of having the bracelets with the tags hanging off them.

Misanga bracelets are those bracelets that Caddyl made us once -- you know, the ones that you make a wish when you put them on, and when they fall off, the wish comes true?

Catagories:

Uh, you could have a difference between closet/improvised?

Closet -- everything has to be from your closet, no buying, just stuff you own.
Improvised -- Something in it put together creatively.

Prizes: Okay, if you're running of donated stuff I'd make another thread where people can post if they have something they want to donate to the cause, then you can keep track of it all, and see if you need to buy anything. I do think that the overall winner should get something cool though.

Maybe even have the entrance fee $2? That's hardly anything, and if we got as many people as last year, then that takes care of all the prizes.
Cassiel
Cassiel
champaign supernova~

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 02/01/10, 12:35 pm

2. Scavenger hunt is good. This is like, 'find something red' or 'find something circular' right? Or am I thinking of something else? >___>

3. That's..... kinda pricey @____@ Might be cheaper to make, though time consuming. And then someone has to watch their 'baby' be demolished. xD

4. People can make teams as they please and stuff methinks. Since no-one's forcing people to play games and whatnot it'd be breezier if people just did it as they like :)

5. Sweet, thanks

re memorabilia... AIE SO STEEP (lol toothbrushes). Might pass on that kind of memorabilia methinks. I don't think out wallets can cover that (60 x $2.55 NOOOOO) 8D; Plus, what're we gonna do if we end up shorthand or surplus? >____>

Ohhhh right. I remember those :3 Sounds good then! You can get those kind of threads from Spotlight I'm certain. idk how much they are though. Time consuming but probably worth it. Also, tags - would they be made of little laminated bits of card?

Yup, sounds fair.

Very Happy That'd be great if you could do that. tyvm!

I... still don't really like the idea of an entrance fee @____@ Voluntary donations maybe??
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 02/01/10, 01:05 pm

Charm bracellets! Have a bracellet, and then each event you go to, you get a charm, so for like, Wellygeddon (maybe possibly not the geddons, but meh), and then like the cosplay balls =w=

... I don't know if it would be possible, but imo, it's an awesome idea =w=
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Cassiel. 02/01/10, 01:09 pm

Holy crap that's a good idea!

-applause-

Charm bracelets are cheap, but you'd maybe have to make the charms by hand.
Cassiel
Cassiel
champaign supernova~

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 02/01/10, 01:15 pm

Yeah, and if they said something like 'WCP '10", then that could get really fiddly, which was why I said it might not be possible D:
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Cassiel. 02/01/10, 01:54 pm

I think the idea of voluntary donations is good.
Cassiel
Cassiel
champaign supernova~

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 02/01/10, 02:17 pm

I think getting badges made would be more easier and look better n___n;;

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 02/01/10, 02:26 pm

I think it all boils down to cost in the end (cos I can be a mizer sometimes.... how ironic). Plus, it's not a guarantee that they'd look better, it'd depend on the design and HOOOOOLY SCHIZNET.

Okay, either my eyes deceive me or I've misread something or we could get everyone attending WCP a 24mm button-sized badge for $1.50. What is this madness??!

[WCP10]WC PICNIC 2010 ~~ - Page 3 95428

Here's the link. Someone tell me I'm reading this right!! [link]
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Cassiel. 02/01/10, 02:40 pm

Ohlol, that's the cost each. See, the price goes down the more you buy in bulk so if you order 1000 you can buy them for 80c each.

So actually it would cost $90.
Cassiel
Cassiel
champaign supernova~

Back to top Go down

Post By CMKMStephens. 02/01/10, 02:47 pm

Cassiel wrote:
Ohlol, that's the cost each. See, the price goes down the more you buy in bulk so if you order 1000 you can buy them for 80c each.

So actually it would cost $90.

Way to shatter her hopes and dreams.
CMKMStephens
CMKMStephens
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 634
Transforms into : Little Nellie
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 02/01/10, 02:48 pm

I KNEW IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. And that I was misreading things xD Thank you for clearing that up -phew-

Alrighty then, handmade bracelets it is 8D;
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Cassiel. 02/01/10, 02:52 pm

How many people are you expecting?
Cassiel
Cassiel
champaign supernova~