Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Code Geass <3

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Code Geass <3
Post By IcyRose. 01/09/08, 05:50 pm

I think you're misinterpreting that line about finding Nunnally, I'm pretty sure Odysessus was referring to when they found Nunnally after the first Black Rebellion and made her Governor of Area 11, since before that they were under the impression that she and Lelouch died during the invasion of Japan. In the context of the sentence he used which was around the lines of "I thought that you'd might be alive after we found Nunnally" it would make more sense to think that he was thinking "So Nunnally didn't die during our invasion of Japan, so maybe Lelouch didn't either." rather than "Nunnally didn't die in FREIA's blast so maybe Lelouch didn't die either." Because as far as the royal family knew (save for Cornelia, Schneizel, Marianne and Charles), Lelouch was still dead and therefore couldn't have perished when FREIA went off. Unless I'm completely mistaken and missed a different moment where they say Nunnally is alive.

Also with regards to Lelouch bending the whole royal family to his will to acknowledge him as emperor. It doesn't contradict his opposition to the whole Ragnarok thing, Charles' motives with Ragnarok was to basically make a world where everyone thought into one huge subconscious, a hive mind if you will, therefore everyone was essentially one person. Lelouch on the other hand wants a world where everyone is an individual because with a hive mind there can be no progress while individuals can change their own destinies, so to speak, and thus mankind as a whole can evolve or at the very least make progress. At least that's my interpretation of it anyway.
His geassing of the royal court was the simple command of "Acknowledge me" which pretty much his way of saying "No, this is not a joke, I'm the emperor now, I killed the guy so I'm worthy of taking the throne, so we can cut all this "Is this some sort of bad joke?" talk and get straight to the point." and actually get away with it. Although it can also be interpreted that them accepting him as Emperor means they are now his willing servants..... except that's never really been the case with the royal family as they are all complete nutters under the whole social darwinism belief of the survival of the fittest and nothing is actually stopping them from thinking of usurping him. Although they probably won't since Lelouch is devious enough to prevent anything like that from happening and Suzaku can back him up on that.

However I should also note that Lelouch is pretty much without any morals now anyway ever since Schneizel got him kicked out of the Black Knights he's basically been doing things the way, dare I say it, Light would have. Still it's not like Lelouch will rule the world with an iron fist just as his Dad did. He still has both Nunnally and Euphie's ideals which he respects, if he didn't then why would Suzaku be his Knight?

In regards to how many sisters does Lelouch have. I will point out that Charles had 108 wives. That's 108. Also Nunnally upon being given the Governor of Area 11 role was noted to be the 150th princess of Britannia. That's a good clue on how many sisters he has. Actually, just look at that whole room he geassed at the end of the ep. That's probably his whole family that's alive except for Cornelia and Schneizel.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Number of posts : 1142
Transforms into : That Dark Handsome Swordsman
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Code Geass <3 - Page 14 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://roseandblossom.deviantart.com

Post By azeria. 02/09/08, 08:52 am

Who needs 108 wives?!?!

D;

& hopefully Nunnaly is still alive ;;__;; it'll be sad if she isn't =[
azeria
azeria
ACB Queen '10

Number of posts : 3226
Transforms into : Rinatron
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down
http://azeriacosplay.tumblr.com/

Post By Lavi_x. 02/09/08, 09:01 am

Charles of course.
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 02/09/08, 10:25 am

He's an emperor, that's one of the things they usually have, lots of wives/a harem. I recall a Vietnamese Emperor had something like 300 wives and around 100 or so children.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 02/09/08, 11:30 am

Quote :
In regards to how many sisters does Lelouch have. I will point out that Charles had 108 wives. That's 108. Also Nunnally upon being given the Governor of Area 11 role was noted to be the 150th princess of Britannia. That's a good clue on how many sisters he has. Actually, just look at that whole room he geassed at the end of the ep. That's probably his whole family that's alive except for Cornelia and Schneizel.

... Crap. He had 108 wives? Is it actually possible to go through that many wives?

I know there was a guy in the African slave laybour trade thing who had about 100 children from all the women he went to bed with while he was working in Africa.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By Lavi_x. 02/09/08, 11:37 am

Has any one read this yet?
Its pretty interesting
http://trainwreck.ggkthx.org/2008/08/19/taniguchi-on-geass-not-as-planned/
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 02/09/08, 11:45 am

Now I want to know how the series was originally supposed to be ...
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Lavi_x. 02/09/08, 11:48 am

Same, I'm hoping they redo it the way it was intended later.
More Geass for us xD
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 02/09/08, 11:55 am

Hey, thought would be cool. I can't image they would though. Do companies actually do that from time to time?
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Lavi_x. 02/09/08, 12:04 pm

In the form of OVA's
Like Hellsing Ultimate
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 02/09/08, 12:10 pm

Is that what Hellsing Ultimate is? I didn't know that xD. I thought it was like a second series or something.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Lavi_x. 02/09/08, 12:16 pm

Nah, its an OVA that follows the manga
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 02/09/08, 04:42 pm

Following manga? What's this nonsence you speak of?

I never finished Hellsing ...
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 02/09/08, 05:24 pm

I personally think the whole 'Not as planned' thing for Geass was blown way out of proportion. The main issue that came with the whole thing was that Taniguchi wanted to make a direct continuation of season 1 while the producers wanted the start of season 2 to be 'new viewer friendly' which is why he had to rewrite things so that the new people watching the show on this new timeslot won't go "WTF is this? Who the Hell is that guy, where'd his power come from, why does he want to overthrow Britannia?" Hence the whole start of R2 being a lot like the start of R1.

However people seem to think the ENTIRE story was scrapped and rewritten to suit the timeslot and that everything that has happened in the series is Taniguchi's big middle finger to the producers for screwing up his show.

Really, the way I see it is that Geass is going the way Taniguchi had written it, it's just the start of R2 had to be redone to get new people up to speed (although really they should just force people to watch R1) as a result the pacing of the series kinda got screwed over and so once things seem to have reached the right schedule he picked up the pace so that things would happen the episodes they should have happened. Although obviously this was not without some loss in the original ideas.

Known plot points that got removed were:

- Karen's backstory (ok, this one I would have kinda liked to have seen, actually simply put more Karen in R2 would have been nice, both she and C.C. kinda got pushed into the backseat)
- Naoto's backstory (Karen's brother if you're wondering. And really, is his backstory at all necessary?)
- Suzaku's links to Geass and his potential to become a Geass user (No! Just no! I don't care how interesting this could have been, linking Suzaku to the Geass power sounds lame to me, but not as lame as the other plotline removed)
- Suzaku x Cecile (This is a horrible pairing and to make it canon would just be wrong, It should be Lloyd x Cecile, not to mention it would feel like a slap in the face for Euphie)

Also apparently the revised script gave birth to Rolo, I don't really have any comments on this. For a guy who got tacked on at the last minute he did get a lot of character development I must say.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 04/09/08, 11:29 am

When all of them are like, "I am such and such numbered princess", like how Nunnally says she's the 150th, I took that to be out of all the Princesses that Britannia has had ...
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By azeria. 04/09/08, 11:56 am

.... Suzaku x Cecile? Seriously? That's just... o_0
Even without the whole, 'Euphie has only just died rawr i is angry' that would've just been weird.
azeria
azeria
ACB Queen '10

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 04/09/08, 02:37 pm

Pura wrote:
When all of them are like, "I am such and such numbered princess", like how Nunnally says she's the 150th, I took that to be out of all the Princesses that Britannia has had ...

But then that would bring a strange case with Odysseus who is the 1st Prince of Britannia and Guinevere who is the 1st Princess, Schneizel and Cornelia are 2nd Prince and Princess and Euphie was 3rd. Lelouch was either the 13th or 17th Prince I believe.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 04/09/08, 05:28 pm

Jesus, how many children are there aged between Euphy and Nunnally? o_O
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 07/09/08, 03:21 pm

Spoiler:

Sorry, Lennon xD.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 07/09/08, 04:43 pm

Well it motivated me to watch the raw. Despite seeing the screenshot in question, what happened afterwards surprised me.

So the Lancelot Albion made its debut this episode, and proved itself to be better than the Guren in my opinion. In any case, it too can move at freaking light speed and in turn proved to be able to kill all the Knights of Round pretty much instantly. Well it killed the Knights of Four, Twelve (who served absolutely no purpose but to die in one hit from Suzaku's hax speed) and One, Knight of One revealing he had a Geass that could see the future and predict how things move in battle, unfortunately for him, Suzaku still has the 'Live' command on him and that combined with his mech piloting skills makes him invincible and unpredictable.

The Knight of Twelve's response to Suzaku killing her basically summed up my thoughts of that fight. Which I basically translated to "F*cking Suzaku HAX!"

I know it's pretty much the end of the series and that the Lancelot needs to show off how freaking overpowered it is, but I actually wanted the Knights of Round to actually be formidable. Hell, the Knight of Four seemed tacked on so they could kill her off instead of the Knight of Nine who still hasn't had a talking role. Also the fact that neither she or the Knight of Twelve had a personalised Knightmare also annoyed me since until now every other one did. My reasoning around this I suppose is that the Knight of Four was a recent KoR member recruited by Bismarck as we've never seen her until now and Monica, the Knight of Twelve usually commands the Great Britannia.

Anyways, stuff happened and I didn't understand due to japanese not being my strong point. What I do know is Lloyd now works for Lelouch since where ever the Lancelot goes, he goes as well. Jeramiah also now serves Lelouch. Karen kisses Lelouch and says goodbye to him (I guess that means Lelouch only has C.C. left) and Nina has become normal and has apparently hooked up with Rivalz.

Spoiler:
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By azeria. 08/09/08, 12:47 pm

NUNNALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knight of Rounds battle was epic. Suzaku is pwnage. That fight made me love him more~ XD I was talking to my friend on MSN (who doesn't watch CG) and this is how it went during this battle
Quote :
ALL HAIL LELOUCH! says:
nuuu his geass predict future
ALL HAIL LELOUCH! says:
YUS!
ALL HAIL LELOUCH! says:
YUUSSSSAS
ALL HAIL LELOUCH! says:
DEATH TO THE KNIGHT OF ONE!!!

pwn'd

but Nuna-Chan looked creepy with her scary smile at the end o_0

& Rivalz was doing stuff =O hopefully he doesn't die. Even if he is useless it'll be sad.

Need. Next. Episode.
azeria
azeria
ACB Queen '10

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 08/09/08, 01:19 pm

How could you Nunnally? You live but betray? DDD;

(Maaaaaaadddddddyyyyy, Cannai have your MSN? :3 *actually, goes to see if it's on your profile* Pishaw, it's not D; )
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By azeria. 08/09/08, 02:23 pm

xDD yup I'll PM it too you~
azeria
azeria
ACB Queen '10

Back to top Go down

Post By Lavi_x. 08/09/08, 02:55 pm

Shes not really betraying anyone.
Lelouch and Suzaku were being all evil and stuff.
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 08/09/08, 06:12 pm

My real question is really why is Lelouch being such a dick when he has the potential to make things right.

Here is my theory:
In the episode he mentioned he wanted the world to forget about Euphemia and the Massacre Princess incident, so in order to do that he feels he has to do something so horrible that everyone will stop going "That evil Massacre Princess" and instead say "That horrible tyrant of an Emperor, he's worse than the last one!" What better way to do that than piss off literally EVERY other world leader all at once. However I also think there was an ulterior motive in forcing all of the world leaders to join him.

Schneizel, the final loose end in the Britannian royal family. Lelouch doesn't want any trace of the Britannian royal family left in the world, especially Schenizel, whom through Lloyd is aware of the Damocles and its potential to basically destroy the world as it's huge flying fortress that fires off MASS-PRODUCED FREIAS, which are now even more powerful than the original Nina made as we all saw what happened to Pendragon.

Thing is, Lelouch can't exactly march into the UFN and say "Hey, remember Schneizel, my big brother? Yeah he built himself a flying fortress of death and can fire off god knows how many FREIA around the world and I need some help to take it down. You all cool with that?" Because the UFN simply put, don't trust Lelouch and probably never will. I mean would you? While we all know Lelouch generally has good intentions, from the perspective of pretty much every other cast member he's nothing but a lying cheating bastard with no respect for human life and wants to turn the world into his own little game. So his running in warning everyone of Schneizel's fortress of impending doom would be treated as the boy who cried wolf. Especially when you take into consideration the fact that Schneizel has been playing the nice guy role throughout the whole series as he never outright conquered any place in a war, he generally made a couple of big threats and the occasional display of power and then offered a peace treaty. So people would be more likely to trust the cunning Schneizel over the bastard Lelouch.

Also, before now, Lelouch thought Nunnally was dead, and his only reason for living at this point in time was to finish off what he had started and create a new world that she would be proud of. After that he'd probably want to expire and so making the world hate him would ultimately result in his death and if he managed to manipulate events so he can take Schneizel down with him, more glory to him and more happiness to the world. Of course, now that Nunnally is alive and against him, he's not in the best situation.

Something else I want to bring up, Nunnally, you can't say she betrayed Lelouch, because while everything Lelouch has done has been for her, it has been made clear that she never approved of what Zero did. Hence why she wanted to do things her way with her changing Area 11 with her government influence. So it would make sense that after finding out Lelouch was Zero, especially after Schneizel would be the one to tell her and he's good at twisting words, she would probably resent him. What gets me though, is she seems to be perfectly fine with dropping FREIA on Britannia which effectively killed her WHOLE FAMILY save for those truly important to the plot.... and probably Odysseus who is now in the army. Is she aware of what she's doing and how it's a complete 180 from her usual ways? If so, why?

My final note is that the way things are set up, I'm going to be making a couple of character death predictions here.

- Schneizel (He's the end boss, he has to die)
- Cornelia and Kanon (As they are pretty much his top general and adviser, they too must perish)
- Lelouch and C.C. (In my opinion, I think Code Geass' definitive end needs to have the existence of Geass disappear from the world, as a result, Lelouch and C.C. the only people left in the world with Geass-related powers need to die)
- Either Karen or Suzaku, potentially both (Suzaku wants to die, and has been working his whole life to kill himself in redemption, I do think he'll eventually achieve that after everything is said and done. Karen I also have a feeling will die because the Guren and Lancelot need to have one final showdown and to be honest, I can't see Karen beating him on an even playing field. The fact she's separated Lelouch means her importance as a love interest also kinda fades as well so she's somewhat fair game)
- Li Xingke (He has a terminal disease, he's going to die eventually. They foreshadowed it long ago, and typically the character with a terminal disease will die at one of two moments, one, during the most critical moment where he is about to achieve victory, or when everything is over and he is now content with his life)

Of course that's all speculation. And I could easily be wrong, as I have been wrong plenty of times in the past.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content