Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy XIII Gameplay + Cutscenes

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Final Fantasy XIII Gameplay + Cutscenes
Post By Guest. 08/10/09, 05:14 am

Li-Bai wrote:

Apparently there's a SetzerxTerra pairing but I like Setzer with Rachel....xD

Yeah there is Very Happy

Spoiler:

There is also a Edgar x Terra pairing which seems to be the most popular Terra pairing =3
But kinda liked Leo x Terra the most since Leo helped Terra out and everything and even showed her the human emotions of love but there is hardly any fanart pics of them together.

Li-Bai wrote:

Back on topic-ish though. Gaaah, I wish I could play FFXIII!

Yeah same ^^ It looks so great ! ~~

[b]Le_Saboteur[/b] wrote:
I like seeing a family focus from a FF game,
instead of always the romantic focus (although clearly there's a lot of
that too, I enjoyed FF12 a lot because they didn't jam it down your
throat).

Yeah your right Hope's Father. Isn't Hope the first Final Fantasy character to have a parent that's alive ? xD Most FF characters end up being orphans that save the world..
Don't know it looks like FF13 is going to have a pretty strong romantic focus too-hopefully not as much as FF8's because FF8's romance was - really unrealistic.. xD

[b]Le_Saboteur[/b] wrote:
That mean lady is hot. But mean.

Don't like her much reckon she is going to be the type of character to get away with cruel/ sadistic actions because of her attractive looks and is going to be a major target for hentai perverts.. >_>

Final Fantasy XIII Gameplay + Cutscenes - Page 3 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Le_Saboteur. 08/10/09, 07:51 am

Oh, she looks like she's going to be terrible. I think it's only 'cause she looks like Quistis that I think she's hot, haha. She's threatening to kill afro man's like, six year old kid? That's rough. And she's bent on racial purification (kinda, would fal'Cie be considered a race?). Yikes.

Yeah, I love FFVIII (really, it was my first FF! at age... 12?), but the Squall/Rinoa thing was so gahhh. At least Irvine and Selphie was interesting Very Happy
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Number of posts : 1202
Transforms into : The Mare in the Moon
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 08/10/09, 09:27 am

Le_Saboteur wrote:
Oh, she looks like she's going to be terrible.

Do you reckon that she is going to be the main villain of this game ? Everybody is having Evil- Quistis vibes with her, but is having female- Sephiroth vibes..

Le_Saboteur wrote:
She's threatening to kill afro man's like, six year old kid? That's rough.

Pretty sure she won't, hopefully she is only making a threat. She would become a pretty nasty Villian if she does though. Sephiroth got infamous by killing a innocent Flower girl..

Le_Saboteur wrote:

Yeah, I love FFVIII (really, it was my first FF! at age... 12?), but the Squall/Rinoa thing was so gahhh. At least Irvine and Selphie was interesting Final Fantasy XIII Gameplay + Cutscenes - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

..can't stand FF VIII because of Squall and Rinoa.. >_______>
... just dislike the whole idea that it's okay to date a fix-a-uper/ somebody who needs some changing/ fixing up and usually in reality fix-a-upers never change and are dangerous to date.

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 08/10/09, 11:34 am

@Le_Saboteur I love when they stick family relationships in, it's really great for character development Very Happy (I also liked how in VII a bit theme was 'mothers')

This is the first of two-sisters siblings since Faris and Lenna in FFV. I am drawing similarities already though, like personality and haircolour. Yeah, Lighting was based on Cloud, but Cloud was also sort of a man version of Faris. Sort of.
Let's see, the last brother-sister siblings in an FF game was... FFII! Leon and Maria. Wow, okay, that was a while ago. Someone correct me if I'm wrong xD

LOLyeah. NPCs FTW. I'd also want a Carbunkle plushie, hehe.

Theocracy is ALWAYS interesting haha ;D It's like the whole utopia/dystopia thing again.

Hey, so I'm not the only one who thinks Jill looks like Quistis! Just yeah, a nasty version xD Not quite 'kill' but turn him into a crystal. It might be about the same thing though >___>

@Pink- Ninja oh yeah, I know that part Very Happy (was one of my fave parts in the game) I was just saying about the pairing itself >w< Yeah, EdgarxTerra is cute sometimes... (platonically? XD -shot-) "Second, I'm dying to know if I'm your type". LOL that man xD

LeoxTerra huh? I never heard of that one before! But I guess it makes sense how it works.

xDD Aw no, not more SquallxRinoa bashing! We've gone through this before! xD
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2251
Transforms into : a lover and a renegade fighter.
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down
http://li-bai.deviantart.com

Post By Guest. 08/10/09, 01:16 pm

Li-Bai wrote:

This is the first of two-sisters siblings since Faris and Lenna in FFV. I am drawing similarities already though, like personality and haircolour.

Oh yeah true ! Lenna= Serah Fairs = Lighting

Hrmm- Does this make Snow Bartz ? =p

Li-Bai wrote:

Let's see, the last brother-sister siblings in an FF game was... FFII! Leon and Maria. Wow, okay, that was a while ago. Someone correct me if I'm wrong xD

Uhh [* Brainfreeze *] think you might be right.. ?? xD

Li-Bai wrote:

Hey, so I'm not the only one who thinks Jill looks like Quistis! Just yeah, a nasty version xD Not quite 'kill' but turn him into a crystal. It might be about the same thing though >___>

- She wanted to turn him into a crystal ?- Oh thought that she wanted to kill him and then leave his crystal on his grave or something, dunno didn't know what she was talking about because it was kinda { * Hint/ Hint *} Rather than " Yeaaahh.. I'm just going to slash him or whatever.. " xDD

Li-Bai wrote:

LeoxTerra huh? I never heard of that one before! But I guess it makes sense how it works.

Mebbe because of the age difference ? Leo is 36 and Terra is 18. That's more disturbing than the age difference between Snow & Serah =p

Li-Bai wrote:

xDD Aw no, not more SquallxRinoa bashing! We've gone through this before! xD

Sorry [[ * Pats Squall on the back *]]

Back to top Go down

Post By Le_Saboteur. 09/10/09, 02:13 am

Haha, sorry Li-Bai, Squinoa just irks me. I liked every other relationship in the game (especially Julia and Laguna and Raine ;_;). What pink ninja said about the fixer-upper thing is right on the money. My fave relationships in games almost always end up being siblings or parents and children... I don't know, a lot of the main romantic stuff in FF games are melodramatic to the point of being silly (even for me, a massive fluff lover). Favourite familial-relationship so far would be Basch and Gabranth, what an eff'ed up situation. I bawwed. I'm the biggest Basch fangirl ever though, so... Final Fantasy XIII Gameplay + Cutscenes - Page 3 54079

Also Wakka and his brother (can't remember his name). That was pretty sad.

It is nice to see a main-ish young character with a living parent! That was totally my fave bit of the trailer, haha. His dad raging. Awesome.

Not big on the brother-sister thing, huh. Closest thing I can remember would be Squall and Ellone (and to a lesser extent all the other orphans.. oh look, there's that word again!) from Edea's Orphanage in VIII.

Edited to add: I really want to go play VIII again now. Uuugh. God knows how many hours I've spent on that game. :[
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 09/10/09, 07:27 am

Le_Saboteur wrote:
Haha, sorry Li-Bai, Squinoa just irks me. I liked every other relationship in the game (especially Julia and Laguna and Raine ;_;). What pink ninja said about the fixer-upper thing is right on the money.

.. Learnt it the hard way.. that men in real life who act just like Squall. There is no point in trying to change them because they don't improve.. they just behave even more like a jerk..
That's why get kind of annoyed with Squall/ Leon Fangirls because it's not that.. uhh..
Magical.. ? xD

.. And didn't like Rinoa that much because she sends a bad rolemodelship towards female players and how to act around men and how to act around in romance...

Tell me off If I'm taking FF8 waaay to seriously.. rofl.. (* Animated Sweatmark *]] )

Le_Saboteur wrote:
. I'm the biggest Basch fangirl ever

Basch is made of Win = 3 [ Wuv him too ]

Le_Saboteur wrote:
It is nice to see a main-ish young character
with a living parent! That was totally my fave bit of the trailer,
haha. His dad raging. Awesome.

Yeah it was kinda realistic too.. having a parent/ family agurement espically when you have a desire to join/ do something that is dangerous or not really apart of normal society..
[ okk should be quiet on the whole realism thing now.. >_-';]

Know this may sound random but is really starting to like Yaag- the male general at the start.
Is kinda hoping that is going to be one the villains that join your party and then act cool/ anti- social while within your party group ^w^ [ Like Magus from CT and Abel Nox.. ]

Heard that a new female main character is going to be announced on the 19th Oct..
And that she is going to be a Dragooner Knight/ Fights with spears..

Can't wait ~~~

Back to top Go down

Post By Le_Saboteur. 09/10/09, 08:26 am

^ Could be the dark haired woman we saw near the end of the trailer?
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 09/10/09, 10:29 am

@Pink- Ninja XDD Naw, Snow's too manly for Bartz. LAWL.

xDD Yeah, something about "WE GON' PUT YO' SON'S CRYSTAL ON A MONUMENT OH HOH HOH HOH"

Probably yeah. Either way, huuuuuge age differences are kind of... woah >w>;;

ORLY? How interesting xD Well, I've yet to meet a proper real-life Squall, so.... (...I mean like one that's mean like Jade can be sometimes. You just mostly über-quiet like Squall. Yeah, you know who you are. xD Smile more!! -shot-)

"YOU WILL LIKE ME.... YOU WILL LIKE ME...." You do realise that they were all around 16-18 and so thus no-one of this age really *can* be a really good rolemodel, right? Especially in romance and whatnot. Cause, y'know, we're all n00bs at it around this age. How am I meant to do this? and such. xD; Uhh... right, well I depend on what age you start (start romance...? lol). Myself I'm all-a-flustered about it... Razz

@Le_Saboteur Lots of people say that xD; I dunno. I can be a real romantic sometimes (kind of weird considering how tomboyish I can be...) I do really like the familial relationships too though. To be honest they're more fun to write (even if you are writing about matri/patricide... -cough-) sweatdrop

His name is Chappu ;)

Amen about the parent thing. And the orphan thing... xD Honestly, when was the last time we saw something like that when they were both alive at the same time? Hmm... hey, was Cid actually Celes' grandfather or was it like-grandfather? (Did that make sense? >__>)
Oh, well Cloud's mother was alive... briefly. D:

I don't know about you guys but the dark-haired woman just screams 'Dragoon' to me. IDKY. xD
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 11/10/09, 09:26 am

"... I can't dance."

I'm looking forward to the possible moral problems surrounding the fact that "the very existence of l'Cie puts everyone in danger". I don't know if SE made it so that they are actually dangerous or just that the leader dudes think they might be, but if it's the former that'd be pretty kickass. As that Yaag guy from the trailer asked, are the main character's lives really worth the millions of Cocoon Citizen's lives ??? Obviously, if you do some super simple utilitarian mathematics, they aren't. So yeah, I figure if SE made a point of that if the l'Cie continue living sugar honey iced tea could seriously start hitting the fan for the poor people of Cocoon (without making it mellowdramatic, gl w/ that SE), that could be really awesome. This being FF though, there's probably have some evil über powerful badguy that only the main characters can/will slay, saving the world from themselves in the process. /:

but yeah
Sazh is lookin' really rad. He didn't say a hell of a lot, but his voice seemed like the best imho. Love the fact that he's carrying around a baby Chocobo to give to his son. soooo cute~

still not entirely sure about the summons - really, one of them turns into a car? J:
Lightning really drew the short straw on this one. her summon is all medieval and flesh and bloodey (even if it has a zip on it's leg. seriously, wtf).

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 11/10/09, 11:16 am

"You'll be fine. Come on! I'm looking for someone. I can't be on the dance floor alone!" -DRAGJ00-

Oh I love when SE throws in moral issues like that. It makes it so much better Very Happy I love a brain challenge and a good debate, haha. FFXIII looks like it's gonna be huuuugely challenging, I cannae wait! xD
I don't know if this was officially written somewhere or if I pulled it up from what I've seen/read on FFXIII already but methinks the BIG BAD ANTAGONIST is gonna be the fal'Cie itself. Maybe. idrlyk. Razz

His character design was based on Lionel Richie. That makes me laugh. I want him to burst into song mid-game now. "AND NOW THAT WE'VE COME TO THE END OF OUR RAINBOOOOOW" xD The chocobaby is called Hina which I think is adorable <33 I want a chocobaby too haha Very Happy

Shiva sisters motorcycle LOL (Yeah, good luck with that, any cosplayers daring enough to do that. Mind your head doesn't ache too much by the end of the day xD)
Odin right? Zip on its leg? Wait, what? xD
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Le_Saboteur. 12/10/09, 06:25 am

You guise! What geeks! Final Fantasy XIII Gameplay + Cutscenes - Page 3 462451

Unfortunately he's taking care of Hina because his son's been kidnapped, isn't he? sad I'm glad that Sazh isn't going to fall completely into the comic relief camp (that was the impression I got from the first few trailers and stuffs) and actually looks like he's gonna be a well rounded character. Can't believe he's based on Lionel Ritchie... wtf man. Hahaha.

I LOVE Odin's alternate form! LOOKS AWESOME. I can't believe they're doing that to Shiva. Better not be making Bahamut into a car (spaceship, yes... was it Bahamut you got after the spaceship thing in VIII? Can't rememberrr).
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 12/10/09, 08:34 am

Hey! We're cool! Don't diss us Final Fantasy XIII Gameplay + Cutscenes - Page 3 Icon_surprised
"ILUSQUALL<333" -shot-

Yeah, he bought Hina as a souvenir-gift for his son in... idk some place. I can't remember, it said on FFWikia >w>

...shortest post ever ahahah~

Edit: lol I found fandub auditions on the VAA for the trailer. I'm ttly gonna audition for Serah and Hope and Jill. And maybe Oerba...? xD

EditEdit: I HATE THIS LINE - "As the child of a l'Cie,isn't that a better fate for him than to be hated by everyone?" MY 'MERICAN ACCENT MAKES ME TRIP ON THE WORDS D<
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 15/10/09, 04:21 pm

Hai ~~~

The black haired girl that we saw in the trailer is the Dragooner Knight..
Her summon is Bahamut..

Her name is ..

[[ Drumroll for suspense ]]

Wolba Yun Fang..

Final Fantasy XIII Gameplay + Cutscenes - Page 3 FF13-Scan_10-14-09_Top

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 16/10/09, 12:25 am

I win ~ xD It all fits though. She seems kinda tomboyish (masculine...? ty SE Very Happy) so Bahamut makes sense... don't ask me how my logic works on this one 8D
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Le_Saboteur. 16/10/09, 01:48 am

Ahem, I called it Final Fantasy XIII Gameplay + Cutscenes - Page 3 Icon_razz /is also shot

Only in the JRPG world could a girl like that be called tomboyish, haha! She certainly looks like srs business with that badass weapon. And Bahamut, woo! Cool name, too. I like her already ^^
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 16/10/09, 02:55 am

xD you did too. MY BAA~AD.

It's also the way she looks, her physique is sorta... robust? >w>
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Le_Saboteur. 16/10/09, 06:15 am

Oh yeah, she definitely looks like she could kick some tail! Action girls ftw (although I guess we already have Lightning... I want an action girl who is not angsty plz).
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 16/10/09, 08:47 am

Hmm.... FFWikia spells her name as Oerba. Oerba.... like Vanille? Maybe from the same tribe in Pulse? Very Happy

And apparently she has 'many mysteries surrounding her'. Oooohh. >w>

And dun-dun-duuun - she's playable! Hooray! (although the exact reason why she joins the party is TBA ~)
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 16/10/09, 10:20 am

Le_Saboteur wrote:
(although I guess we already have Lightning... I want an action girl who is not angsty plz).

..Lighting does seem to be getting kind of emotional in the newer trailer..it seems like SE has changed her a little bit.. in the 2006 trailers she was tough calm and cold... now she seems the exact opposite of calm...

Li-Bai wrote:

And dun-dun-duuun - she's playable! Hooray!

Feel a strange vibe// that she is going to be in alot of players main battle parties :3

Li-Bai wrote:

His character design was based on Lionel Richie.
That makes me laugh. I want him to burst into song mid-game now. "AND
NOW THAT WE'VE COME TO THE END OF OUR RAINBOOOOOW" xD

Feel like making a Sazh AMV to him singing that song now..

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 17/10/09, 01:09 am

^ please do it xDD

Meanwhile, just found a bunch of music from FFXIII. Masashi Hamauzu really outdid himself this time, some of this stuff is awesome!

Here's a link to the main menu theme (gorgeous) and in the related vids and more from the user there's more and on Versus XIII too (yeah Noctis!). Also I was rooting around and I found this too. By the way, the main theme for Versus XIII is also beautiful <3 Great work on Yoko Shimomura's part ~~
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 17/10/09, 12:47 pm

Li-Bai wrote:
^ please do it xDD

..Will try but isn't having much luck with FF13 trailer clips.. Ironic enough.. being the number 13 I have been.. unlucky.. ;____:

Li-Bai wrote:

By the way, the main theme for Versus XIII is also beautiful <3 Great work on Yoko Shimomura's part ~~

Is that the Latin song that plays when Notics steps down the stairs outside his castle and somehow avoids any injuries..?

Was wondering if we should make a FF13 & FF13 Vs Group for Auckland 2011..??
It's not too early.. It should be out in NZ by June/ July..

Back to top Go down

Post By Le_Saboteur. 18/10/09, 02:26 am

Final Fantasy games always have good themes. I love X's.

Oooh... What a good idea (the group). Maybe I won't suck by then? Eheh. DIBS ON YUN FANG. If I don't suck by then (and repeat). Could possibly just alter a sari Final Fantasy XIII Gameplay + Cutscenes - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

/runs off

Edited to add: Happy birthday Li Bai C:
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 18/10/09, 10:53 am

Le_Saboteur wrote:
Final Fantasy games always have good themes. I love X's.

Oh yeah. Final Fantasy X's main theme was excellent ^-^

Le_Saboteur wrote:

Oooh... What a good idea (the group). Maybe I won't suck by then? Eheh. DIBS ON YUN FANG. If I don't suck by then (and repeat). Could possibly just alter a sari Final Fantasy XIII Gameplay + Cutscenes - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

OK might write character names down and your name next to Yun Fang and add in the group after Auckland Geddon 09 is done..

Le_Saboteur wrote:

Edited to add: Happy birthday Li Bai C:

Yeah Happy B-Day ! ^^

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 18/10/09, 12:13 pm

@Pink- Ninja xD LOL. Well, it's still not out yet so that's explainable hehe.

Nah, not Somnus (that's the vocal theme). It's like actually the main theme. It's so nice that I put it on my iPod haha >w> Behold~!

@Le_Saboteur Sutekidane? Yeah, I really like Sutekidane ^__^ Although some people don't like it too much ahaha xD I find it very calming myself.

Aww. Thanks so much you guys ^A^~~<3
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII Gameplay + Cutscenes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next