Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Special Children's Christmas Parties, nation wide- Do Good Deeds ;)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Special Children's Christmas Parties, nation wide- Do Good Deeds ;)
Post By neimhaille. 13/12/11, 11:30 am

Wooot!!! Excellent :) And TinTango that offer to help paint you up is still there ;) I have product and am not afraid to use it ;)

*whisper*Tuffnut*/whisper* Except I'll probably pet your wig again....

And edited to add: We can be there from 9am so I'm probably going to be there early so to avoid wandering too far with clown make up... Bald cap and red and white paint, I mean really...
neimhaille
neimhaille
Armageddon Cosplay Contest Judge

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Special Children's Christmas Parties, nation wide- Do Good Deeds ;) - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By TinTango. 13/12/11, 11:44 am

@neimhaille: Thanks! I will take you up on that help with paint... definitely could do with professional help... I mean with make-up ofcourse! Razz

We can be there from 9? Awesome! Is it still kicking off at 10am-ish? I'll just co-ordinate with my Driver (aka Dad).

Edit: Sorry guys, just double cheked with Dad, and I won't be able to offer Vefalasiel a ride after all (sorry sweatdrop ). Is anyone else able to help out PLEASE?
TinTango
TinTango
LEVEL UP!

Number of posts : 1278
Transforms into : whelmed. Not over or under. Just whelmed.
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Special Children's Christmas Parties, nation wide- Do Good Deeds ;) - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 13/12/11, 02:23 pm

I shall send out the plea further :) I have no car of my own sorry or I would help :/

And yep :) Just send me a pic of what you have so far :) I can thicken my PA so it works faster too ;) I need to use PA and cabosil and latex to hide the edge of my bald cap ;)
neimhaille
neimhaille

Back to top Go down

Post By vefalasiel. 13/12/11, 03:00 pm

@neimhaille
That's what I was thinking. Everyone loves vikings.

Unfortunately, TinTango's dad can't take me anymore so I am not able to come. And according to Maxx the trains won't be running that weekend either.

A taxi is out of the question.

If only dragons really existed. Oh well. Can't be helped.
vefalasiel
vefalasiel
Ultimatum

Number of posts : 231
Transforms into : A gelatinous cube.
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down
http://vefalasiel.deviantart.com/

Post By neimhaille. 13/12/11, 03:59 pm

I have boosted the signal to the SCA so fingers crossed. How far would a bus get you? It may be possible to get a shuttle service sorted between bus and venue.

I'm also thinking we could have a chill out dinner somewhere local? Or in town so that we can all get public transport home from there for those who need it but carpool to the city?
neimhaille
neimhaille

Back to top Go down

Post By fleyer. 13/12/11, 05:10 pm

@vefalasiel the trains on saturday are being replaced by buses, it'll take longer to get anywhere but they are running. =)
fleyer
fleyer
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2354
Transforms into : Supernanny...
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down
http://fleyer.deviantart.com/

Post By neimhaille. 14/12/11, 05:00 am

Mark (who runs the events) is going to ask his team tomorrow if anyone can help :) So fingers crossed :)

@theconniebro I hope you have a nice time at the event whether you are there for yourself, or as a minder or volunteer :) If you are able feel free to come up and say hi :) I'll have the huge latex headpiece (horns and tentacles with stripes, because more is more).
neimhaille
neimhaille

Back to top Go down

Post By brunetteyes. 14/12/11, 02:09 pm

If everyone is having dinner in the city, I'd love to join all of you with a few friends.
brunetteyes
brunetteyes
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 15/12/11, 05:54 am

That would be lovely :) So does anyone have a preference for where to go in town on a Saturday night?

I have no preference for what or where so long as it is able to cope with a booking and changing numbers ;)
neimhaille
neimhaille

Back to top Go down

Post By fleyer. 15/12/11, 06:45 am

I've been sewing constantly and I will finish Aurora so yay.
I'm keen to do something after, can I just wear my costume or should I bring a change of clothes? =P
fleyer
fleyer
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 15/12/11, 10:02 am

Heehee, I've got a bald cap, body paint and prosthetic aide to remove myself ;) And a huge headpiece (1m from top to tail) so will be in a similar position.

I should be able to wrangle my gear on a bus but if anyone has a car we could store costumes in in town?

So.... a food court is kind of not at all a nice atmosphere, but we also want a place we can sort of have a booking that is flexible...
neimhaille
neimhaille

Back to top Go down

Post By TinTango. 15/12/11, 11:12 am

Am finishing off my costume now, and then gonna trial the green facepaint= nyahaha

I cant make the Sat dinner though, as I have my own family christmas dinner to attend (Im working next week, so the family thing is a week early).

Still, cant wait to see you guys on Sat!
TinTango
TinTango
LEVEL UP!

Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 16/12/11, 04:33 am

The offer is still there for to use my paints and glues :) I have just rearranged my make up kit so I can actually wrangle myself, my headdress and kit on the buses :)

Brushes, removers, skin care, now I just need a hair brush... or comb.

I should be there around 9.10/9.15 unless the bus from the corner of Dominion/Balmoral/Green Lane is missed and I wind up walking that couple of km ;)

Now to finish painting... oy. Yay?
neimhaille
neimhaille

Back to top Go down

Post By brunetteyes. 16/12/11, 06:36 am

There are quite a few good korean restaurants in the city. There are also a lot of decently priced restaurants that dont require a booking.

I cant remember the name of any particular restaurant at the moment though..
brunetteyes
brunetteyes
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 16/12/11, 09:14 am

Queen's Head tavern as was is a Korean restaurant still I think? It was in 2009 and I think last year.

I don't think we will have a huge number of people so we may not need a booking? I can probably though get a bus to the city when the event ends, wander in make a booking using Cosplay NZ as the booking name.

Say 7pm? or would 6.30 be better? The event finishes at 4ish, maybe a bit earlier so there should be time to change in between for those who wish to do so :)

I will de-paint at the venue and then bus to the city so should be there in plenty of time to make a booking in person and then nap, er read at the library :) And hopefully post from there any update.
neimhaille
neimhaille

Back to top Go down

Post By fleyer. 16/12/11, 05:04 pm

I've just finished sewing, I'm missing a couple of little details like the necklace but I figure it won't matter too much. Heading off to sleep so I don't look tired and grumpy XD

Probably won't be able to do dinner because I'm co-ordinating a lift with my dad, but I'll see you all there are 10-10:30 maybe.
fleyer
fleyer
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By TinTango. 16/12/11, 10:38 pm

Should be arriving 10-10.30am as well, see you guys there.
TinTango
TinTango
LEVEL UP!

Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 17/12/11, 12:00 am

Excellent I am almost out the door, just packing :) I've updated the first page with official start times and if I am not at the doors please do say you are with me (Michaela de Bruce) to help out. I will most likely still be painting up a storm upstairs :)

I am currently sporting black out lenses and a balc cap. No ears cut out so I look like an alien already ;)
neimhaille
neimhaille

Back to top Go down

Post By fleyer. 17/12/11, 07:15 am

Hey guys, just been told to say that there's not gonna be any dinner thing =)
fleyer
fleyer
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 17/12/11, 03:01 pm

Sorry, we were all a little exhausted and going in all different directions. Would love to have an Auckland dinner at some stage though :)

Thank you again fleyer, TinTango and Arjay :) The kids just loved the fairytale characters.

I got called Padme at one stage which would have made for an interesting alt. universe story...
neimhaille
neimhaille

Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 24/12/11, 10:39 am

Special Children's Christmas Parties, nation wide- Do Good Deeds ;) - Page 2 Th_DSC_0395

XD

So thank you to those who were able to make it and to those who tried but couldn't and to those who want to join in next year :)
neimhaille
neimhaille

Back to top Go down

Post By montee916. 29/12/11, 03:13 pm

Got my pics from this event sorted and online; they can be seen here:

Auckland SCCP 2011

It was really cool to meet those of you I didn't know, and catch up with the familiar faces I did. Can't wait for the next one. Very Happy

montee916
Soldier A

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post By brunetteyes. 29/12/11, 03:49 pm

^ I looked at the pictures. It looked like so much fun and everyone looked fantastic!

Fleyer u look so cute as a princess ^^
brunetteyes
brunetteyes
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By fleyer. 29/12/11, 06:27 pm

Haha thank you, I wish I'd had more time to put the curls in the wig and fixed up the front a little but no matter.

I hope more people decide to come next year, it truly is a great experience. I will be able to lend that outfit with any luck to get more people to come =P
fleyer
fleyer
Sushi ;O

Back to top Go down

Post By hyolee123. 29/12/11, 06:51 pm

I remember going to one of these when I was little. If I knew earlier in the year I would of Rocked on up to the New Plymouth one. Maybe next years one : D I'd have a bunch of friends who would love to do this with me.

It was such a nice event when I was little I remember meeting the Whatnow presenters at the time Jason Fartfoy and Paul the Chef. I think Props boy was there too.
hyolee123
hyolee123
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 547
Transforms into : Silent Magician
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down
http://www.hyolee123.deviantart.com

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Special Children's Christmas Parties, nation wide- Do Good Deeds ;)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Events :: Other NZ Events-