Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dissidia 2

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Dissidia 2
Post By Rikku. 10/12/10, 09:12 am

Spoiler:

Thar's my sexy Sephy. If only I could read Japanese. But t'would appear that he's in the new game. With his original FFVII outfit, with his uneven hair and lack of buckles. x3
Rikku
Rikku
marshmallow ninja

Number of posts : 937
Transforms into : Sephiroth! <3
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By GothLoli. 10/12/10, 10:58 am

Rikku wrote:

I mean, you'd think they'd put ZACK in, not Tifa. Zack is so much better than Cloud and Tifa combined, imo. But y'know. Whatevs. >___>

Zack is just a clone of Cloud though. ( and yes I do call Zack the 'Clone' ) Zack is just the copy of Cloud in fighting style so what's the point of putting him in ? While Tifa is Cloud's lover and she can perform awesome karate/ judo/ wrestling moves and there's no other Final Fantasy warrior monks yet, so Tifa's unique in Dissidia. Unlike Zack who's just a Cloud- copy. And Cloud is the main character of FF VII. It is his story so why should they dump him out just because Zack is 'better' ?
GothLoli
GothLoli
Tophat

Number of posts : 132
Transforms into : A member of the SOS brigade <:
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Rikku. 10/12/10, 11:07 am

GothLoli wrote:
Rikku wrote:

I mean, you'd think they'd put ZACK in, not Tifa. Zack is so much better than Cloud and Tifa combined, imo(in my opinion). But y'know. Whatevs. >___>

Zack is just a clone of Cloud though. ( and yes I do call Zack the 'Clone' ) Zack is just the copy of Cloud in fighting style so what's the point of putting him in ? While Tifa is Cloud's lover and she can perform awesome karate/ judo/ wrestling moves and there's no other Final Fantasy warrior monks yet, so Tifa's unique in Dissidia. Unlike Zack who's just a Cloud- copy. And Cloud is the main character of FF VII. It is his story so why should they dump him out just because Zack is 'better' ?

And that is your opinion. Thank you for sharing your piece.
Rikku
Rikku
marshmallow ninja

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By GothLoli. 10/12/10, 11:12 am

Rikku wrote:
GothLoli wrote:
Rikku wrote:

I mean, you'd think they'd put ZACK in, not Tifa. Zack is so much better than Cloud and Tifa combined, imo(in my opinion). But y'know. Whatevs. >___>

And that is your opinion. Thank you for sharing your piece.

LOL. It's not my opinion. It's the truth. Zack is just a copy of Cloud. Face it.
GothLoli
GothLoli
Tophat

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By sakkaf. 10/12/10, 11:16 am

GothLoli wrote:

Zack's not a Cloud copy or clone... :/ I'm wondering "How?"

Its more Cloud's "copying" him because he's Zack's "protege". Zack was first class SOLDIER before Cloud. Haven't you played Crisis Core? I always thought he was a happy kind of person, even up to his untimely death. Cloud is a brooding kind of character, but it was because he lamented on Zack's death and the inability to save those he loved.

Also Cloud in Dissidia was more or less the easiest character to control. You could easily finish off a person if you hit them at the right time, which was REAL annoying.

TENSION, LADIES, TENSION

...:)

EDIT: With all these characters playing into the game, it sounds a lot like Dissidia 2 is bringing a few characters that have their own backstories or are mentors to the the FF mains, which I'm hopeful that there might will be more soon! Dissidia 2 - Page 4 352708
sakkaf
sakkaf
marshmallow ninja

Number of posts : 926
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://tinnyhouse.tumblr.com

Post By Rikku. 10/12/10, 11:21 am

^ I can't wait to see what the storlyline/plot is going to be like. So far, with all the new additions, it's going to be big and epic. I can only wonder how they're going to tie off the end to have it fit in with the original Dissida.

SUSPENSE. IT IS TERRIBLE. xDD
Rikku
Rikku
marshmallow ninja

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 10/12/10, 11:22 am

Actually yeah no I agree. Zack and Cloud's fighting/gameplay styles would be so similar/pretty much exactly the same that it'd be completely pointless to bring him into the game, nice as that might be.

Besides which, I... really didn't like using Cloud. There wasn't enough variety or complexity in his gameplay style 8[ I like it tricky. (Probably why his story was like what, a one-star? lawlz.)

Seeing as there isn't going to be a new entrant for every FF game, I wonder when they'll cut it off? Theoretically there won't be new characters from the first three (unless you brought in Maria or Leon or someone from II). We have Lightning, Kain, Tifa, Vaan and now Laguna... I wager maybe about three more? Now if they'll introduce new villains, hmm.

Also, maps. Seeing as how they might replace the chess-like system now, in all probability. How many of those will there be? There's the first FF world map on that there Dengeki(?) page, so probably they'll cover everything until XIII (where there will be a straight line? HAR HAR HAR *shot*)

Last edited by Li-Bai on 10/12/10, 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2251
Transforms into : a lover and a renegade fighter.
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://li-bai.deviantart.com

Post By GothLoli. 10/12/10, 11:26 am

sakkaf wrote:

Zack's not a Cloud copy or clone... :/ I'm wondering "How?"

Its more Cloud's "copying" him because he's Zack's "protege". Zack was first class SOLDIER before Cloud. Haven't you played Crisis Core? I always thought he was a happy kind of person, even up to his untimely death. Cloud is a brooding kind of character, but it was because he lamented on Zack's death and the inability to save those he loved.

:/ Cloud was created in '97 and he originally crashed into Aerith's church and he originally had the certain fighting style. I call Zack the copy because he was revamped in '07 and he went through everything that Cloud went through. Okay so their personalities are different. But Dissidia is a fighting game and Cloud and Zack fight the same. So what's the point of just having a copy of Cloud ? And I haven't played Crisis Core because the change in storyline from the original is extremely annoying ( I'm looking at you Genesis ). Zack has changed alot from the original too.

Cloud was never brooding until Advent Children. This is the character who did gym squats and told Cid " to mosey on ".

@ Li- Bai. I actually didn't like using Cloud eithers. Kind of thought his moves were too repetitive. I still love him though. (:

Li-Bai wrote:

Seeing as there isn't going to be a new entrant for every FF game, I wonder when they'll cut it off? Theoretically there won't be new characters from the first three (unless you brought in Maria or Leon or someone from II). We have Lightning, Kain, Tifa, Vaan and now Laguna... I wager maybe about three more? Now if they'll introduce new villains, hmm.

I have a feeling they might forget about Final Fantasy II, V and IX. Because II and V are the most unpopular and IX... this is the company that added in Cloud, Aerith, Cid, Tifa and Yuffie from VII in KH and then just added in Vivi from IX in KH. I have a feeling because IX used to be one of the unpopular ones, SE still thinks that we still dislike it..
GothLoli
GothLoli
Tophat

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By sakkaf. 10/12/10, 11:43 am

I really really want Locke or Setzer thrown in there for good measure! Dissidia 2 - Page 4 352708 totallynotaFF6fan

For villians, Dr. Cid Bunansa, and he shall have his hilarious Gatling Gun attack as his "limit break". xD

I kinda liked the chess piece system.

@GothLoli - Well they were employed by the same company that betrayed them, wore the same clothes, came from hick countries, liked the nonchalant peaceful girl who saved the world, but of course they're gonna be clone-like. I do agree that they are similar however I thought they felt more like brothers than twins.

You should play Crisis Core though. Repetitive "whack whacking" reminiscent of Kingdom Hearts, but does tie some strings together that were left out in the game I was always confused about. (LIKE MISCELLANEOUS FEFFIROTH STUFF.)
sakkaf
sakkaf
marshmallow ninja

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 10/12/10, 11:48 am

Oh man, I would go crazy happy if they added Locke in. It'd be cool to see some more actual traditional swordplay in the gamestyle, rather Warrior of Light's more magic-based play. You know? (I love WoL though, don't get me wrong.)

I have to confess, I reckon FFVI had one of - if not *the* best characterisations of all the old Squaresoft legion FF games. I mean damn, half the time you couldn't really tell who the REAL main character was because they all got equal character development and all, you know?

Spoiler:

Cyan being a Samurai and Edgar being an Engineer/Machinist and all, well. That'd be pretty interesting, particularly the latter. Hey, we need some drills over here!!

In regards to V though, I think it'd be cool to see Faris in. We need some more strong females on the Cosmos side! Particularly of the masculine Pirate captain sort! It's probably wishful thinking here, but you know. It's nice to dream sometimes. Razz

I don't think IX was so much 'disliked' as it was just... 'different'? It was a different style from the other games because it went back to some of the 'sword and sorcery' roots, as well as being a different art direction and graphic style, etc. I think only people who have played it really know the magic of it - I haven't myself, but it seems like one of those games. (Shadow Hearts is a key example of this too.)

Last edited by Li-Bai on 10/12/10, 11:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By GothLoli. 10/12/10, 11:56 am

sakkaf wrote:
I really really want Locke or Setzer thrown in there for good measure! Dissidia 2 - Page 4 352708 totallynotaFF6fan

Yes I agree ! Locke and Setzer <3 I hope that they don't ignore VI. *pats game like a cat * <3

sakkaf wrote:

For villians, Dr. Cid Bunansa, and he shall have his hilarious Gatling Gun attack as his "limit break". xD

Yesssssss. / agrees more.

sakkaf wrote:

@GothLoli - Well they were employed by the same company that betrayed them, wore the same clothes, came from hick countries, liked the nonchalant peaceful girl who saved the world, but of course they're gonna be clone-like. I do agree that they are similar however I thought they felt more like brothers than twins.

You should play Crisis Core though. Repetitive "whack whacking" reminiscent of Kingdom Hearts, but does tie some strings together that were left out in the game I was always confused about. (LIKE MISCELLANEOUS FEFFIROTH STUFF.)

Oh ! I meant that Cloud was created first and SE just used some things from Cloud and added it onto Zack, and Zack's journey. Like falling into Aerith's church and the gym squats.

I dunno. I really dislike how they've changed the original characters, games and storyline. Like say for a example Genesis now being responsible for the Niblehiem addicent. WHUT ?!

Tifa in the cowgirl costume looks hawt though. I'm so jealous of her sexy hourglass curves. 8D
GothLoli
GothLoli
Tophat

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By sakkaf. 10/12/10, 12:05 pm

As well as more female leads as well! Terra looks like a sitting duck without her powers, it kinda doesn't do the FF females justice xD

They should also put gun wielding characters, like Vincent, Yuna and Balthier, or ranger-type characters, like Maria and Rosa, just to name a few. Ranged attacks are my specialty~ |D
sakkaf
sakkaf
marshmallow ninja

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 10/12/10, 12:08 pm

I think Laguna was the gun-toting winner this round 8D

Ahh, Maria. Archers are a dying class, they are.
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By GothLoli. 10/12/10, 12:23 pm

Li-Bai wrote:
Oh man, I would go crazy happy if they added Locke in. It'd be cool to see some more actual traditional swordplay in the gamestyle, rather Warrior of Light's more magic-based play. You know? (I love WoL though, don't get me wrong.)

Locke would actually make a good friend towards Terra. He'll be a good fighter and a good supporter towards Terra when fighting evil. Though I wonder if he'll be too unlike to Zidane ? I wonder if Gerenal Leo would be a good choice ? Hrm. Or would he'll be too much like WoL, Cecil and Cloud ?!

Li-Bai wrote:

Cyan being a Samurai and Edgar being an Engineer/Machinist and all, well. That'd be pretty interesting, particularly the latter. Hey, we need some drills over here!!

Edgar would be awesome. I don't think they'll add in Cyan though since the new added characters seem to be close to the original heroes and Cyan and Terra were good friends, but they didn't have a close friendship like she did with Locke or Leo.

Li-Bai wrote:

In regards to V though, I think it'd be cool to see Faris in. We need some more strong females on the Cosmos side! Particularly of the masculine Pirate captain sort! It's probably wishful thinking here, but you know. It's nice to dream sometimes. Razz

Fairs would be epic. Maria from FF 2 would be awesome too. And Celes. Actually they should make a heroine version of Dissidia. (:

Li-Bai wrote:

I don't think IX was so much 'disliked' as it was just... 'different'? It was a different style from the other games because it went back to some of the 'sword and sorcery' roots, as well as being a different art direction and graphic style, etc. I think only people who have played it really know the magic of it - I haven't myself, but it seems like one of those games. (Shadow Hearts is a key example of this too.)

IX is different yeah. But I don't know if SE likes it. Or whether SE thinks that we like it. :/

Li-Bai wrote:

Ahh, Maria. Archers are a dying class, they are.

Maria <3 Uh yeah that's a good point. Hrm when was the last FF archer ?! Hrm, never noticed till now. Good point Li-Bai.
GothLoli
GothLoli
Tophat

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 10/12/10, 12:34 pm

@GothLoli fair point. I reckon personality-wise he's probably closest to Bartz, since they're both happy-go-lucky thieves (ahem, excuse me, "treasure hunter") ...Well okay, so is Zidane, but Locke seems less cheekier than him. I guess that rules Locke out then? A pity :[

Cyan would be a really far stretch too, yes. Besides being a sadly underappreciated character, he's also quite... old for the rest of the cast? Even older than Daddy Laguna, hahaha. Again, fair point on character interrelationship with Terra.

A heroine version of Dissidia ahahaha oh man. On that fleeting thought, I wonder if it would sell as well if it wasn't filled with gratuitous fanservice? (A sad state of affairs, that.)

VII, VIII and IX were all revolutionary in their own ways, I reckon. In any case, Hironobu Sakaguchi (producer of pretty much every FF game) says IX is his favourite, so y'know.

I think Rosa (IV) was an archer, wasn't she? Even then, that's a pretty long time ago haha. Fran was an Archer too, right? That's all I can think of...
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Tails. 10/12/10, 05:17 pm

@Li-Bai- I was just thinking yesterday that they should bring Faris in. Who doesn't want a purple haired pirate crossdresser? Very Happy

And I agree about not bringing Zack in. Character wise, it would be AWESOME, but fighting style wise it'd be boring. WOO ANOTHER BUSTER SWORD. I love that Tifa is a monk Very Happy Totally different from the the other characters. Maybe she'll summon dolphins in Dissidia too? XD
Tails
Tails
L

Number of posts : 3004
Transforms into : a Vulpix
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TailsCosplay

Post By Admin. 11/12/10, 09:56 am

Rikku wrote:
Spoiler:

Thar's my sexy Sephy. If only I could read Japanese. But t'would appear that he's in the new game. With his original FFVII outfit, with his uneven hair and lack of buckles. x3

Is that AfterYears!Golbez I see in the bottom left? 8D

(Also, do you guys think Kain might have Holy Dragoon Kain as an alternate costume?)
Admin
Admin
Winner of the Golden Gun Award

Number of posts : 2982
Transforms into : yo mama.
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://authenticsowilo.deviantart.com/

Post By GothLoli. 12/12/10, 10:01 am

Admin wrote:

(Also, do you guys think Kain might have Holy Dragoon Kain as an alternate costume?)

I don't know. I keep on hoping that they'll add in Drag Cloud for a alternate costume. But they never do. ;__;
GothLoli
GothLoli
Tophat

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Rikku. 13/12/10, 04:11 pm

Quote :
And I agree about not bringing Zack in. Character wise, it would be AWESOME, but fighting style wise it'd be boring. WOO ANOTHER BUSTER SWORD.

xD I stand corrected. I never really thought of it in fighting styles-way. I just love Zack, so. xDD
I kinda hope they'll bring X-2 Yuna in, but that's not looking like it's going to happen.

Lol doesn't matter who they bring into the new game, I'm still going to play it. XDDD
Rikku
Rikku
marshmallow ninja

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By NieN. 27/12/10, 01:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3FoJWBPLzM&feature=player_embedded
^new trailer least I think it's new
NieN
NieN
Superman

Number of posts : 260
Transforms into : Ho-Oh, lol jks a Hoothoot
Registration date : 2009-12-05

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Dolei. 27/12/10, 02:32 am

OMGOMG LIGHTNINGGGG

AND YOU CAN GET DIFFERENT OUTFITSSS AND STUFFF

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 352708
Dolei
Dolei
seXAH <3

Number of posts : 93
Transforms into : A Drag Queen ;)
Registration date : 2010-08-07

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Rikku. 27/12/10, 07:54 am

IS IT JUST ME, OR DID I SEE YUNA'S FOOT/LEG FROM FFX IN THAT TRAILER, STEPPING ONTO WATER IN BAREFEET?!?!
At... 4.37.
/Ttly not all caps. xD

I did! I did!
http://thesilentchief.com/2010/12/21/ffxs-yuna-to-appear-in-dissidia-duodecim-012/
Rikku
Rikku
marshmallow ninja

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Tails. 27/12/10, 10:51 am

Here's the new trailer Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQOHfm4ZJvU&feature=related

Damn I love seeing Tifa in the awesome CG at the end. <3
Tails
Tails
L

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Rikku. 27/12/10, 10:54 am

^ xD That's the same trailer as NieN posted xDD.
Yuna is in Duodecim. 8D
Rikku
Rikku
marshmallow ninja

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Tails. 27/12/10, 11:20 am

Oh whoops! There's so many trailers out I'm not sure which had already been posted.
Tails
Tails
L

Dissidia 2 - Page 4 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content