Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quick question about the forums

Go to page : 1, 2  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Quick question about the forums
Post By Deathscythe Hell. 14/07/10, 02:40 pm

I noticed theres no rule agaisnt Political and Religious discussion,so in theoryed it would be ok to make a theard discussing this sort of stuff?or was it just something that was overlooked when making the forum rules?
since its some what uncommon for a forum to not forbid discussing these two topics,unless its a site devoted to a religious or political views since theres little to no chance of violance/backlash/insulting ect
Deathscythe Hell
Deathscythe Hell
Tophat

Number of posts : 137
Transforms into : Gunpla
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Quick question about the forums Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysapce.com/Gat-x105

Re: Quick question about the forums
Post By Guest. 14/07/10, 03:17 pm

There was a thread/ debate before about today's generation not really understanding politics, and what National is doing to the country. There was also a thread making fun of a religious site that deemed anime came from the soul of the devil and having a anime bedcover with tissues by your side made you a slut. >_>;' I think it should be okay, the mods will step in if things get too rough. Just remember that there is some Christians that speak here, like Riven and myself if you are anti on any religious subjects.

The mods will step in if things get nasty. It should be okay to make one.

Back to top Go down

Post By Deathscythe Hell. 14/07/10, 03:21 pm

lol the thing with if i was to discusse religon people would not like what i would say,although it is all facts which to my understanding is why 90%+ forums ban discussion on it...because people who are religous take offence to the facts.

Also with politcal discussion it can real get out of hand,e.g i hate green peace and can proved vaild reasons to why i think they suck.people will get pissed off at it.Theyre both sesitive topics that can easily offend...
Deathscythe Hell
Deathscythe Hell
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By firecat70. 14/07/10, 03:32 pm

I think it's cool we're allowed to discuss that kind of stuff if it comes up, and that it hasn't been banned because the dicussions haven't become personal - just arguing our opinions. If you're starting a political/religious discussion board just to ruffle feathers and piss people off, I think it will be locked pretty quickly.
firecat70
firecat70
lucky*

Number of posts : 1117
Transforms into : a dinosaur
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down
http://www.scoodasaurus.com

Post By Deathscythe Hell. 14/07/10, 03:36 pm

But its easy to piss people off with this sorta discussion,also people take things the wrong way.Also if people have done there research they can completley torch the christianity with quotes from the bible and history and techniquly it wouldnt have been done to piss people off but to point things out to them

Also alot of people dont like to hear the facts saying what they belive in is a lie...
Deathscythe Hell
Deathscythe Hell
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 14/07/10, 03:37 pm

Deathscythe Hell wrote:
lol the thing with if i was to discusse religon people would not like what i would say,although it is all facts which to my understanding is why 90%+ forums ban discussion on it...because people who are religous take offence to the facts.

Also with politcal discussion it can real get out of hand,e.g i hate green peace and can proved vaild reasons to why i think they suck.people will get pissed off at it.Theyre both sesitive topics that can easily offend...

I don't want to seem mean or anything, but maybe it would be better to discus the religious matters on a evolutionist/ christian/ atheist forum ? This forum is more about cosplaying rather than completely serious debates, and something like a serious religious or political debate could knock the fun out of this forum, since this forum is more about having fun and shi-s and giggles with friends. Debating isn't really the main focus of the forum here.

Back to top Go down

Post By Deathscythe Hell. 14/07/10, 03:39 pm

i only brought up the subject since it wasnt in the rules which i found odd.eg my orginal question as to why theres no rule against it or if it was just over looked
Deathscythe Hell
Deathscythe Hell
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By Pseudonym. 14/07/10, 03:40 pm

Deathscythe Hell wrote:
it is all facts which to my understanding is why 90%+ forums ban discussion on it...because people who are religous take offence to the facts.

Deathscythe Hell wrote:
But its easy to piss people off with this sorta discussion,also people take things the wrong way.Also if people have done there research they can completley torch the christianity with quotes from the bible and history and techniquly it wouldnt have been done to piss people off but to point things out to them

Also alot of people dont like to hear the facts saying what they belive in is a lie...

It's that kind of stance which CAUSES those types of threads to degenerate into flame wars,

Sounds like you're out to start an arguement for the sake of it, I hope the mods do lock what ever thread you're planning on starting.
Pseudonym
Pseudonym
Almighty

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post By LintuwolfWiing. 14/07/10, 03:41 pm

Maybe it'd be a good idea to make a debate subfourm? Then we could talk about this stuff and people will have to understand that people have diffrent opinions and they're not picking fun at other people.

Shawn
LintuwolfWiing
LintuwolfWiing
paoupu fruit

Number of posts : 458
Transforms into : not Edward Cullen >.<
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down
http://rasmuswings.deviantart.com/

Post By Deathscythe Hell. 14/07/10, 03:44 pm

Pseudonym wrote:
Deathscythe Hell wrote:
it is all facts which to my understanding is why 90%+ forums ban discussion on it...because people who are religous take offence to the facts.

Deathscythe Hell wrote:

It's that kind of stance which CAUSES those types of threads to degenerate into flame wars,

Sounds like you're out to start an arguement for the sake of it, I hope the mods do lock what ever thread you're planning on starting.

if i was trying to start an arguement i would have posted theards torching belives and political standing points.
I just wanna know why there isnt any rules against it when theyre both touchy subjects that can lead to alot of trouble.
Deathscythe Hell
Deathscythe Hell
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By Rocky. 14/07/10, 03:47 pm

It sounds kinda like you want it to be banned. We all seem to be mature and sensible enough to stay away from the subject, so why bother banning it?
Rocky
Rocky
Winner of the "Wait, what did he just say?" Award

Number of posts : 1656
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post By Deathscythe Hell. 14/07/10, 03:51 pm

all it takes is one new person,they read the rules and think "hmm nothing against political and religous discussion" go on a rant about it carp happens people get pissed,you can exactly ban him/her for it,since it isnt in the rules,ive seen this happen before on forums and im just giving you reason why you should probley have it added in there as extra insurance to stop this sorta stuff happening.

Also with political discusions theres a form of conflict of intrest there which can also result in alot of trouble.
Deathscythe Hell
Deathscythe Hell
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 14/07/10, 04:02 pm

Scroll right up to the top of the page? Whats it say up there?

Cosplay NZ

You wanna chat about religion or politics, go find somewhere that takes itself seriously. We're here to chat about the technical details of dressing up like cartoon characters.

It probably wasn't banned originally because the mods like to think we're grownups who can handle these things and no one has yet taken the time out to prove them wrong. Probably also because this is a COSPLAY forum. It's unreasonable to expect the mods to have thought of everything we don't want here in order to ban it. But the incidental times these topics have come up have led me to believe there are some very strong opinions here. There is enough drama here as it is.

COSPLAY.

Back to top Go down

Post By Deathscythe Hell. 14/07/10, 04:09 pm

u_ne_korn wrote:

Cosplay NZ

You wanna chat about religion or politics, go find somewhere that takes itself seriously. We're here to chat about the technical details of dressing up like cartoon characters.

It probably wasn't banned originally because the mods like to think we're grownups who can handle these things and no one has yet taken the time out to prove them wrong. Probably also because this is a COSPLAY forum. It's unreasonable to expect the mods to have thought of everything we don't want here in order to ban it. But the incidental times these topics have come up have led me to believe there are some very strong opinions here. There is enough drama here as it is.

COSPLAY.
OMFG im trying to do this place a favor by pointing something out which could potientialy cause alot of problems at some point and giving a fix.

ive been on a number of forums before ones on carpin toy lines that did not ban this sort of discussion and in the end they baned it why because it always lead to trouble and not having a rule on it only alowed it and gave them no fair way of getting out of it.Also it tends to be the older people who know more on the subjects that start them so it doesnt have much to do with maturity its just a touchy subject which is sorta silly to not be banned since its going to course problems if people join and see theres no rule against it here and start flaming stuff.

Edit:forgot to even mention that fact alot of people find different religous and political views offencive

Also this forum has a genral discussion forum yes?so no its not just about cosplay theres discussion on stuff that has nothing to do with cosplay.

Last edited by Deathscythe Hell on 14/07/10, 04:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deathscythe Hell
Deathscythe Hell
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By Pseudonym. 14/07/10, 04:16 pm

Anyone else see the irony in all this?
Pseudonym
Pseudonym
Almighty

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post By Blooberry. 14/07/10, 04:17 pm

Quick question about the forums No-drama

Quick question about the forums 2982

/is annoying
Blooberry
Blooberry
lucky*

Number of posts : 1191
Transforms into : SAUSAGE MAN
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post By Deathscythe Hell. 14/07/10, 04:20 pm

Its a vaild questions/sujestion the point has already been proven,something about it should be added to the rules with the way people have reacted to it.
Deathscythe Hell
Deathscythe Hell
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 14/07/10, 04:28 pm

I don't know how you thought you could start a thread about it without causing drama. If you honestly just wanted to bring it up and suggest a rule change to the mods, they have PM buttons. That's what they're there for.

Back to top Go down

Post By CheiraLeena. 14/07/10, 04:31 pm

Deathscythe Hell wrote:

OMFG im trying to do this place a favor by pointing something out which could potientialy cause alot of problems at some point and giving a fix.

Also this forum has a genral discussion forum yes?so no its not just about cosplay theres discussion on stuff that has nothing to do with cosplay.

u_ne_korn wrote:

Cosplay NZ
CheiraLeena
CheiraLeena
Le grande

Number of posts : 177
Transforms into : your right one
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post By CamusCanDo. 14/07/10, 04:33 pm

Right off the bat, this seems like a question that could've easily have been asked through PM to a mod/admin.

May I talk about political/religious issues in an intellegent discussion. If not, why and also why was it overlooked in the posting rules?

I don't need to know about your political/religious stance, or lack thereof, in a thead about posting rules. I would also take a second and think what these posts would entail.

Deathscythe Hell wrote:

As a side note people genrally don't take well to someone spouting off facts because that is not an open ended conversation but rather a close-ended conversation with no feasible outcome that both parties are going to find common ground on or respect each others opinions.

In summary I don't see why political/religious threads shouldn't be allowed, but only if they are discussed in a civil and intellegent manner. If this doesn't work out then lock/delete the thread and give a warning to the persons involved that caused the unrest. We shouldn't disallow a thread topic just because of the few bad eggs you may get. We also might get something very intersting and worth reading.
CamusCanDo
CamusCanDo
Le grande

Number of posts : 184
Transforms into : Dire wolf RAWR
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post By Deathscythe Hell. 14/07/10, 04:45 pm

I have no idea who the mods are,other wise thats what would have been done.

this theard proved the point that it should be banned.Look at the way people reacted,with offence to something that wasnt ment to be offencive and using a diffrent point of view through examples.

Also @CamusCanDo
whats a world with out facts?Whats the point of talking when people dont listen to facts?retorical questions you dont need to anwser btw.
Also theres good reason as to why religous and political discussions should not be aloud,because people of diffrent points of views take offence to oppisite points of view and can result in large amounts of conflict just look at ireland.You can say were more "civil" and "mature" then them but someone will always take offence to this kind of discussion in one way or another.

Also i never set out to offend anyone because if that was my intention i would have taken a hugely diffrent aproch and flamed alot of diffrent religons/political views from the begining.
Deathscythe Hell
Deathscythe Hell
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By Icarus. 14/07/10, 04:59 pm

you're right, some people will take offence when it comes to these topics. But thats the thing about computers. When you don't click on certain links, the whole thing is avoided, isn't that wonderful? Very Happy

and I get the feeling that, though you're trying to make that point of possible trouble occurring with that topic out of good intentions, perhaps it's the way you're saying it that feels like you're trying to start a flame war.

I'm sure the mods have been very careful and thoughtful with creating the rules, as many has mentioned, all the users are quite happy with this forum being very free in their convo topics~
and if trouble does happen, ours wonderful mods will do what they need to~~ after all, nothing bad has happened purely because a rule of forbidding political/religious view, y/y?
Icarus
Icarus
ACB King '10

Number of posts : 3485
Transforms into : a dancing octopus
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down
http://icarus-cos.tumblr.com/

Post By Guest. 15/07/10, 01:24 am

Here here Icarus!

Back to top Go down

Post By Deathscythe Hell. 15/07/10, 04:08 am

Icarus wrote:
you're right, some people will take offence when it comes to these topics. But thats the thing about computers. When you don't click on certain links, the whole thing is avoided, isn't that wonderful? Very Happy

and I get the feeling that, though you're trying to make that point of possible trouble occurring with that topic out of good intentions, perhaps it's the way you're saying it that feels like you're trying to start a flame war.

I'm sure the mods have been very careful and thoughtful with creating the rules, as many has mentioned, all the users are quite happy with this forum being very free in their convo topics~
and if trouble does happen, ours wonderful mods will do what they need to~~ after all, nothing bad has happened purely because a rule of forbidding political/religious view, y/y?

yes but the internet is filled with stupid,im gonna use youtube as an example people who dislike a band go on a video for them and post crap all over it and start a flame war.

yeah your right i guess,i probley didnt use the best examples.

Although rules are use to provent this stuff from happening in the 1st place...
Deathscythe Hell
Deathscythe Hell
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By Cactiberry. 15/07/10, 04:15 am

I think the rule doesn't exist because it doesn't _NEED_ to exist.
We're a community that relies on each other, most of the time, and it's all too easy to compare us to one big, mismatched family - there's been drama in the past, and we've LEARNED from it. Even considering the age range here (Speaking from one of the absolute ends of the spectrum) if a debate was started, I think we're all intelligent enough to keep in civil :/ Banning something that hasn't even come up in a negative aspect, even as just a cautionary thing, is fairly useless in terms of a rule.
Cactiberry
Cactiberry
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2283
Transforms into : sharpedo
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content