Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hikaru no Go~

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Hikaru no Go~
Post By Aikome. 16/02/10, 12:11 pm

Anyone watch or read it ?

It's about Go, the Japanese game.

A boy, Hikaru Shindo, finds a board haunted by an ancient master player Fujiwara-no-Sai whose desire is to learn the "Divine Move". The spirit is only seen by Hikaru who goes on to learn from Sai and builds his own dreams of defeating the Go child prodigy, Akira Toya.

Pretty interesting~ Idk though . . haha ^ ^; not usually into the kind.
Aikome
Aikome
TEH WIZARD OF OZ.

Number of posts : 1564
Transforms into : TROLL :3
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Hikaru no Go~ Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Hikaru no Go~
Post By ladykirby. 16/02/10, 12:21 pm

its awsome but i haven't watched it in ages
ladykirby
ladykirby
Le grande

Number of posts : 196
Transforms into : perry the sleep monster
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Hikaru no Go~ Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.deviantart.com/ladykirby

Post By RainbowMoonDust. 16/02/10, 01:00 pm

I LOVE Hikaru no Go, it's one of my favourite anime/mangas of all time and underrated. chuu~! It's actually more interesting than it sounds, when I first heard about it, I thought that a anime about a board game sounded pretty dull. But surprisingly there is quite a lot of action (Game action! xD), drama and tension in it. The background music they use for the matches really adds to this too. I have to warn you though it is quite angsty and dramatic but it has it's lighter funny moments too.

One of the best things about HnG is that it has well rounded characters who grow and develop throughout the series, HnG focuses a lot on the individuals emotions and relationships. (Especially between Hikaru x Akira and Hikaru x Sai). This was probably one of the things I enjoyed most about the series as it's quite emotional and you feel like you are going through everything the characters are experiencing, you become quite attached to them. sweatdrop

There is also a segment at the end of each episode which teaches you how to play the game, you can learn a lot through watching the matches too. I found myself following the matches and watching what moves the characters made really closely, I really enjoyed that aspect of it. (The game seems simple at first yet is more complicated than it appears but the guide makes it easy to follow, every match is different and sometimes with unexpected results which is part of what makes watching this interesting).

Sometimes the series can get a little slow in it's pace and seem a bit repetitive (The Insei matches go on for a bit) and it can take itself a bit too seriously sometimes but overall it's a good series.

Pros: Great characters and character development.
Fantastic musical score, really sets the mood.
Focuses on the characters goals/dreams/emotions/reasons behind playing, not just the game itself
Emotion evoking, dramatic and tension filled sometimes, heartbreaking in others yet really funny in other places.
Teaches you how to play the game.

Cons: Plot stalls in some places.
Can drag a little in some places.
Is repetitive in some places.
Takes itself a little too seriously at times.

If you are looking for an intelligent yet emotional series with great, characters/character development and drama then this is for you. I personally recommend this series, try it out and see if it's for you! If you have any questions, just ask me. nodnod
RainbowMoonDust
RainbowMoonDust
fraggle rock

Number of posts : 1480
Transforms into : Goddess of mischief
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Hikaru no Go~ Vide
Back to top Go down
http://rainbowmoondust.livejournal.com/

Post By daydreamer. 17/02/10, 02:26 pm

lol I'm still reading this manga. But haven't seen the anime though.
Hikaru no Go is awesome =D
daydreamer
daydreamer
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1029
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Hikaru no Go~ Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Aikome. 18/02/10, 08:48 am

RainbowMoonDust - Yes ~! What you said.
^ ^; haha, my summary of it is somewhat lacking.

I haven't watched the anime yet, but I love the manga.<3
It sounds boring but if you pick it up from the very beginning it's easy to understand and as you said, more interesting than it sounds.

Amazing character development, especially in Hikaru.
My favourite is Waya though.
Aikome
Aikome
TEH WIZARD OF OZ.

Number of posts : 1564
Transforms into : TROLL :3
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Hikaru no Go~ Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By RainbowMoonDust. 18/02/10, 01:44 pm

My favourite character is Akira, I find him adorable especially the way he acts so polite, nice and calm around everybody else but totally loses his cool when it comes to Hikaru, that is just too cute for words. chuu~! whee
RainbowMoonDust
RainbowMoonDust
fraggle rock

Number of posts : 1480
Transforms into : Goddess of mischief
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Hikaru no Go~ Vide
Back to top Go down
http://rainbowmoondust.livejournal.com/

Post By daydreamer. 18/02/10, 03:09 pm

lol I thought Sai was a female at first XD