Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yakuza 3 not being released outside Japan...

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Post By Saiyajin Mui. 31/07/09, 01:31 pm

Quote :
Yakuza 3 not being released outside Japan... Yakuza3_boxart

To clarify: It was earlier reported that Sega has no plans to release Yakuza 3 stateside. By viewing upcoming release list, Sega still hasn’t made any mention of an upcoming release or revealed plans to release it stateside. However, the statements made earlier are not official Sega statements. Based on Yakuza 2 sales figures, it’s his personal opinion that the game will not sell if it sees release stateside.

Earlier this evening, I was talking with a friend who works in the Sega marketing department, and we did some catching up and had a bit of small talk. Before our conversation ended, though, I asked him about the current status of Yakuza 3 coming stateside. He gave me a blunt answer: No Yakuza 3.

Sega fans and Yakuza fans will be saddened to know that Sega won’t be bringing Yakuza 3 stateside. The reason as to why they won’t be bringing the game over is simple: it won’t sell, he told me. They have a firm stance to believe that would be the case, too. Yakuza 2 has only sold around 40k copies in America on the PS2. The numbers for the original Yakuza aren’t much better.

The series is moderately popular in Japan and the series will stay there. With the recent announcement of Yakuza 4 coming to PS3 in the future, you can bet it won’t see release outside of Japan.
Source:Click Here!

Nooooooooooo!

I loved that series... It had a great storyline as well as a fun fighting based game mechanic. Also, Bill Farmer (otherwise known as the voice of Goofy) did the voice of one of the characters in the first game. Which I might add is epic.
Saiyajin Mui
Saiyajin Mui
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 665
Transforms into : Satsujinki
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Yakuza 3 not being released outside Japan... Vide
Back to top Go down
http://saiyajinmui.mugen-infantry.net/

Re: Yakuza 3 not being released outside Japan...
Post By Doughtnut_Bandit. 03/08/09, 12:11 pm

According to my work we have access to getting it...
Doughtnut_Bandit
Doughtnut_Bandit
Yellow Camaro

Number of posts : 304
Transforms into : Some bounty apparently...
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post By Saiyajin Mui. 03/08/09, 12:38 pm

Whereabouts do you work?

Oh, and as an update...

Quote :
The internet exploded earlier this week when a member of SEGA's PR team, Ray Almeda, (according to his Twitter) personally stated Yakuza 3 will never be released stateside. He claimed the game would never sell, which is why the company can't justify bringing it over.

But as a member of SEGA's PR team, one should know you never open your mouth about these topics, even with your friends.

So the SEGA lords had to step in and clean up this mess. A spokesperson for the company issued IGN the following statement.

"At this time, we can not confirm nor deny that Yakuza 3 will be coming over to the states. The statement that has been quoted in the news was this person's own opinion and does not reflect the company's stance on the matter. We will keep you posted on any new developments regarding this title."

So there is still hope, Yakuza fans. Keep praying.

Source: Click Here!
Saiyajin Mui
Saiyajin Mui
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Doughtnut_Bandit. 03/08/09, 01:09 pm

I'm in charge of ordering the game stock at a video store in wellington ^_^
Doughtnut_Bandit
Doughtnut_Bandit
Yellow Camaro

Number of posts : 304
Transforms into : Some bounty apparently...
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post By Saiyajin Mui. 03/08/09, 01:44 pm

Ahhh... Mind you, the PS3 is region free. Do you guys do imports?
Saiyajin Mui
Saiyajin Mui
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Entertainment :: Gaming-