Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good evening

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Good evening
Post By Madam Madhatter. 11/05/09, 03:03 am

Highlander wrote:

Madam Madhatter wrote:
oooh cool!!!

Well I have never had a Pt. vomitt sugar honey iced tea. Thats suppose to be bad. Or carry a Paitient up a hill. Have had bloody sugar honey iced tea, diahorea, vomitting, infected incontinece, impacted bowels, and other nasties.
The smell can get to you. But it is really the personal tradegies that make you sad. One case ended up in a two hour police interview. A court case against a Rest Home, and the national news. Then there are the Paitents that dies in front of you (very few) and the ones that you work hard on only for the hospital to lose them. Thankfully most jobs don't invlove much work or stress.

Of course there are the very few good ones. I remember being part of a team saving a woman that the paramedics and doctors though was going to die. She was fine after three weeks in ICU. Then there was the young guy I took the lead in and saved his life (basics, basics!) at the rugby.

Still not everything is flashy, I have done many routine inter-hospital transfers and discharges. Some of those people are cool though. And many hours at various events.

Still I got to see Miss Saigon last night for free. Sell out crowd of 1255. Amazing show, just incredible. The audince clapped for 10 minutes straight at the end, especially when the cute lead kid came out.

So do you want to join St John now?

nyahaha
Is there an age limit for joining?
Im not great at handling gore much. Much to my mother's (who is a nurse) shame.
Blood is fine, much else and I want to puke. pale
Might just stick with animating cute cuddly animals Pikachu

It's cool that your helping out though.
It nice to be albe to sit back and realise you made a difference in someones life.
Even if you couldn't save them you gave it a good fight.

Quote :
sugar honey iced tea
The forum filter is funny
Madam Madhatter
Madam Madhatter
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1044
Location : Raxicoricofallapatorius ....eer... I mean Christchurch
Transforms into : Reno! <3
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Good evening - Page 3 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Freddie. 11/05/09, 03:11 am

Highlander wrote:
Presumably so you are going to use it (in cosplay) one day, you are not just torturing yourself because ...? (Not going there). Rolling Eyes Presumably you have to do this for quite a while each night to get use to it. But each night? For how many months before you finally get use to it! What do you parents think of that :think: ? And presumably you have some male characters in mind. Started sewing yet?
I do hope to do it in cosplay. [That would sound really creepy if you took it out of context]
At present I do it because some days I get so tired of being a girl I just bind it down and pretend Im a dude for a day.
my parents don't exactly approve, and I tend to do it when the're not around :3
And I think, Thus far, all of the cosplays I wish to do Are male. No sewing yet though xDDD
Freddie
Freddie
forum prisoner.

Number of posts : 2615
Transforms into : Doraemon
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/DigitalFoxGirl

Post By daydreamer. 11/05/09, 06:10 am

Welcome ^^
daydreamer
daydreamer
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1029
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 11/05/09, 01:08 pm

daydreamer wrote:
Welcome ^^

Thanks

>Is there an age limit for joining?

I'm not sure if it is 19 or 21, but the St. Johns website would know, maybe?

>Im not great at handling gore much. Much to my mother's (who is a nurse) shame. Blood is fine, much else and I want to puke. pale Might just stick with animating cute cuddly animals Pikachu

When someone slips up with a saw it is a great anatomy lesson. If blood is fine then thats the main thing. Just remember let the Pt do the puking. It is a large commitment though.

On a more serious note I will have to prank you if you are that squemish. ninja (what was you address again? You don't know mine do you? Never prank anybody who knows where you live.) Ninja Disappear

Quote :
sugar honey iced tea
>The forum filter is funny
Yeah

FRED wrote:
I do hope to do it in cosplay. [That would sound really creepy if you took it out of context]
At present I do it because some days I get so tired of being a girl I just bind it down and pretend Im a dude for a day.
my parents don't exactly approve, and I tend to do it when the're not around :3
And I think, Thus far, all of the cosplays I wish to do Are male. No sewing yet though xDDD

Yeah, creepy. (chatty stuff deleted) A whole day, wow!

Tired of being a Girl? I could take that several ways! (Invites all sorts way too personal of questions, at least in a public forum.) I can see why your parents might be concerned. In our day girls would just be Tomboys. Guessing they are close to my age, somewhat? Of course you will hopefully have another 60+ years to get use to it. Not much choice. Trust me there is not much special about being a dude, apart from contact sports. (And the standing up thing, but I guess I could live without it). Nowdays females do anything they want anyway, we all do.

But you are only 13, so much to experience. From about 10 up until the end of Uni is a great time of life. You have learnt enough to do heaps. If you still feel that way at 18-19 then it would be worrth a talk.

My mother thinks it is normal to dress up for Scottish Country Dancing, but not for SCA or Cosplay. She accepts I am going to do it, but I not sure she is really happy. And I am 36yo and live 300Km from her! Old folks are sometimes just not use to thinking out of their own experience.

I occasionaly needle woman at work to cosplay womans oufits for me. I think she would enjoy the outfits, but not the cosplay scene. Of course she won't because she does not want anybody from work to see her. Still there a a few fun female characters out there. Ed, Faye, Kaolla Su just off the top of my head. Ed and Kaolla could be played by either sex, but I am way too old. Of course Robin would be the best. Anna said Michaela has one!

I will contine in next post since I am on a more general bent, with news that may be of interest to more people now.

Last edited by Highlander on 11/05/09, 01:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By Freddie. 11/05/09, 01:12 pm

Highlander wrote:
But you are only 13, so much to experience. From about 10 up until the end of Uni is a great time of life. You have learnt enough to do heaps. If you still feel that way at 18-19 then it would be worrth a talk.

Precisely why I stop at pretending I'm A dude.
I realise that there hormones, and growing up and lots of other stuff going down.
Freddie
Freddie
forum prisoner.

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 11/05/09, 01:16 pm

I occasionaly needle woman at work to cosplay womans oufits for me. I think she would enjoy the outfits, but not the cosplay scene. Of course she won't because she does not want anybody from work to see her. Still there a a few fun female characters out there. Ed, Faye, Kaolla Su just off the top of my head. Ed and Kaolla could be played by either sex, but I am way too old. Of course Robin would be the best. Anna said Michaela has one!

Anyway today another woman at work said she wouldn't mind cosplay as she likes dressing up. Not sure how much she would like the anime and Sci-Fi fanatics. But she actually sells retro stuff she makes, so not too much of a stretch for her to do it. Unfortunately she does not use the internet much.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 11/05/09, 01:25 pm

FRED wrote:

Precisely why I stop at pretending I'm A dude.
I realise that there hormones, and growing up and lots of other stuff going down.

Good. See I said that you learn alot by that age. I went through a little stuff too, just growing up, just nothing I would share here. Well O.K. maybe a few things I could share, but they would not be anything exciting.

I forgot to ask, does this mean you have never done a cosplay before?
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Freddie. 11/05/09, 01:27 pm

Highlander wrote:
I have, But I'd already said I'd lend someone else my binding before I chose my cosplay.
Freddie
Freddie
forum prisoner.

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 11/05/09, 01:31 pm

FRED wrote:
Highlander wrote:
I have, But I'd already said I'd lend someone else my binding before I chose my cosplay.

There is a special binding? Nevermind.

Quick question. What (apart from a flash card) is a an xD. They seem to pop up everywhere on the forums.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Freddie. 11/05/09, 01:35 pm

I Use NZBOXER boxing Wraps and compression bandages.
Most people use normal stuffs though.

an xD is like a laughing emote.
Freddie
Freddie
forum prisoner.

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 11/05/09, 02:00 pm

FRED wrote:
I Use NZBOXER boxing Wraps and compression bandages.
Most people use normal stuffs though.

an xD is like a laughing emote.

Thanks. Good to know. My old camera used xD cards.

Compression bandages I understand obviously, but have never boxed. Am learning a little German Longsword and Highland Broadsword though, and dagger this week.

My Profile "Interests: Medieval recreation, basically hitting people, sharp things, shiny things, moving shiny things, food, edible shiny things, photography, photgraphing shinny things, photographing shinny moving things." But I could add sharp shiny things swinging in graceful arcs. (Woop's chopped your hand off. Don't worry I know how to bandage it back on.)

Running late tonight, missed dance practice. Guess I will see if I can go and pick up chobits now. See Yah Later
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By 4EyedKing. 11/05/09, 03:06 pm

I don't see the flash card. Wow you miss out so much if you don't go on for a day. You guys got through a page and a half.
I am so happy i have a semi amorphous figure i could probably pull of a femae cosplay fairly easily.
I mean people confuse me for a girl often though that may be because of the hair.
4EyedKing
4EyedKing
paoupu fruit

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 11/05/09, 04:18 pm

4EyedKing wrote:
I don't see the flash card. Wow you miss out so much if you don't go on for a day. You guys got through a page and a half.
I am so happy i have a semi amorphous figure i could probably pull of a femae cosplay fairly easily.
I mean people confuse me for a girl often though that may be because of the hair.

Any bets on when this thread will eventually finish, I mean it is only an intro thread?

I think most of that page and a half was me.

I am not sure why you would want to. Also not sure why that would make you happy. Yeah the long hair over the face, why I confused about Fred. Still a good photo Fred! Back to 4Eyes (does he wear glasses. I just started to.) I think that for all Freds complaining girls get away with more in some ways. Like cosplaying guys.{ Like wearing skirts. (Have I said that only Southern Barbarians wear trousers yet. Think I have. Anyway applies to both sexes.) Like displaying affection, especially with people you don't know. Like wearing shiny things. (I like shiny things.) Like screaming like a girl as you get older. Like rooms full of cute things. Like lots of other things.} Of course I don't know if male crossplay has been done much in NZ cosplay circles, or what the reaction has been. Suspect guys may find it harder to accept than girls?

P.S. Go to cosplay.com and look at amazonmandy. One of her costumes has nailed the sexy female androgynous suit look perfectly. Apparently it is from Noir. See that is great cosplay if you want to look more masculine, but still clearly be a female character. And a action anti-hero to boot.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Madam Madhatter. 12/05/09, 06:44 am

Highlander wrote:

Quick question. What (apart from a flash card) is a an xD. They seem to pop up everywhere on the forums.

XD = XD
Madam Madhatter
Madam Madhatter
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1044
Location : Raxicoricofallapatorius ....eer... I mean Christchurch
Transforms into : Reno! <3
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post By Mandie_Chan. 12/05/09, 08:20 am

Highlander wrote:
I assume the whole idea of this fan is to hide from photographers, scince it must be nearly as high as you.

yip it's meant to be this big
Spoiler:
Mandie_Chan
Mandie_Chan
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 6753
Transforms into : Epic Baker of DOOOOM
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post By deceptivemagick. 12/05/09, 01:25 pm

...delayed compared to everyone else, but welcome!!!, highlander rocks!!
deceptivemagick
deceptivemagick
lucky*

Number of posts : 1115
Transforms into : an epic fire breathing dragon
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 12/05/09, 02:17 pm

deceptivemagick wrote:
...delayed compared to everyone else, but welcome!!!, highlander rocks!!

Thanks Very Happy.
Have you been stalking me if you know me that well?
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By 4EyedKing. 12/05/09, 03:11 pm

Well yes i wear glasses. have now for 5yrs.
Didn't say i was happy about the androgyny but that it would make it easier.
I wan to crossplay to push the limits and to have an excuse to wear a skirt.
Its not the long hair over the face its the the tied up hair from behind. I am really skinny so it kinda gives me a feminine figure. I get so much sugar honey iced tea. Even from girls who complain how unfair it is that i am skinny.

Crud nuts that's a big fan.
4EyedKing
4EyedKing
paoupu fruit

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 12/05/09, 04:39 pm

4EyedKing wrote:
Didn't say i was happy about the androgyny but that it would make it easier.
I wan to crossplay to push the limits and to have an excuse to wear a skirt.
Its not the long hair over the face its the the tied up hair from behind. I am really skinny so it kinda gives me a feminine figure. I get so much sugar honey iced tea. Even from girls who complain how unfair it is that i am skinny.

Crud nuts that's a big fan.

Yeah, big.

Girls are just hard to live with sometimes. Things get better as adults.

Why do you need an excuse? I bought one in Fiji. Of course there the female skirts tie up at the side. Us males are have to put up with tucking the end over and back in. Most impractical since it lossens up, and you end up fixing it up every 5-20 minutes. One day I will have a kilt, possibly for next years Armageddon. However my SCA garb is old scottish, ie. Irish. Thus it is a long sleeved shirt that stops somewhere between mid thigh and ankle. Plus belt, pouch, and shiny cutty things. My first (and only one so far, until next week anyway.) extends to the knee, just. Very provocative to some Scadians, who have the english mentality of no skin showing (except hands and head with hat on.) Barbarians all. There is a Brat, which is the great kilt, but just worn as cloak, or one of several ways. No way of knowing wether they did ever belt it though.

Some Scadians have the Renaissance thing down, ie. long hair, tight tights, frilly shirts and rapiers. They make for quite the dashing figure on the dance floor. We also had a pirate. He got a Letter of Marquis from the Baron at this years Faire, so he is now techically a privateer.

Anyway pushing limits good. But some limits are in worse taste than others. There are usually appropriate options.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 13/05/09, 12:16 pm

Please I think I am going mad, what's a <3 ?

Wait that could be taken the wrong way. Is there a right way to take that.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Mandie_Chan. 13/05/09, 12:18 pm

<3 = love
(its a sideway heart)

dont take it the wrong way, its always a positive thing
Mandie_Chan
Mandie_Chan
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 13/05/09, 12:21 pm

Mandie_Chan wrote:
<3 = love
(its a sideway heart)

dont take it the wrong way, its always a positive thing

Thanks <3

I ment the going mad part. At work nobody will let anybody away with saying that. Simple things amuse.

P.S. what is a Zenbu?
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Mandie_Chan. 13/05/09, 12:23 pm

ah...
going mad cant really be stopped, just embrace it lol
Mandie_Chan
Mandie_Chan
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 13/05/09, 12:27 pm

Mandie_Chan wrote:
ah...
going mad cant really be stopped, just embrace it lol

Remember Eric the Vikings little Berserker friend, who was a great disappointment to his father, until he evetually found his "mad". (it's over here, Mad.)
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By deceptivemagick. 13/05/09, 12:42 pm

Very Happy haha didnt mean to sound like a stalker... much
deceptivemagick
deceptivemagick
lucky*

Number of posts : 1115
Transforms into : an epic fire breathing dragon