Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Naruto VS One Piece

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Naruto VS One Piece
Post By Fartz. 06/03/10, 02:08 pm

naruto > one piece
Fartz
Fartz
Terminator

Number of posts : 79
Transforms into : nyuuuuu!!
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Naruto VS One Piece - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By sakura-uchiha. 07/03/10, 03:02 am

Fartz wrote:
naruto > one piece
*nods head on TOTAL agreement*
Naruto FOREVER.
sakura-uchiha
sakura-uchiha
Tophat

Number of posts : 140
Transforms into : a katt!!
Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/qkatp, https://www.facebook.com/home.ph

Post By Squishy blob. 07/03/10, 05:33 am

The lack of shading in Naruto is just because most of the manga is modified didgitally now... and I wouldn't think less of a series because it had lazy shading, but perhaps if it had an aesthetically displeasing art style...

I've only read a few chapters of one piece from my brother's shonen jump magazines, but not enough to compare it to Naruto.
Squishy blob
Squishy blob
LEVEL UP!

Number of posts : 1228
Transforms into : pancakes at 5am
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down
http://squishyblob.tumblr.com

Post By sakura-uchiha. 07/03/10, 05:41 am

*Totally agrees with "Squishy blob"- chyaan~*
sakura-uchiha
sakura-uchiha
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By HECROLIPON 8. 07/03/10, 06:40 am

Naruto all the way. Mainly as I haven't read any of one piece, i saw a bit of a couple of episodes on cartoon netwark and Luffy's voice was just annoying...then again Naruto's isnt too great either.

English voices tend to blow in animes....

Oh and at the risk of sounding like a noob, whats this 6th movie?
HECROLIPON 8
HECROLIPON 8
Almighty

Number of posts : 385
Transforms into : Lumberjack Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By sakura-uchiha. 07/03/10, 06:50 am

HECROLIPON 8 wrote:
Naruto all the way. Mainly as I haven't read any of one piece, i saw a bit of a couple of episodes on cartoon netwark and Luffy's voice was just annoying...then again Naruto's isnt too great either.

English voices tend to blow in animes....

Oh and at the risk of sounding like a noob, whats this 6th movie?

By 6th movie, do you mean for Naruto or One Piece?
sakura-uchiha
sakura-uchiha
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By lilapmedia. 07/03/10, 07:21 am

One piece is wayyyyy Better!!

I watched Naruto to ep 120 and just got fed up...

Im up to the latest One Piece ep which is 439 i believe... Razz hard OP Fan!
lilapmedia
lilapmedia
Almighty

Number of posts : 350
Transforms into : Real Fruit Icecream!!!
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down
http://www.lilapmedia.com

Post By carnione. 07/03/10, 08:27 am

Well, personally I like One Piece because it has less moments where I'm thinking "WHY DO I EVEN FOLLOW THIS ANIME?!!!" But Naruto has just been mainstream enough for the fandom to have grown into this... amazing-if-not-scary thing. I always thought the fans were what made Naruto awesome :)

The first few manga/anime eps (with Naruto training, awesome SasuNaru-ness) were amazing. ^^
carnione
carnione
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post By sakura-uchiha. 13/03/10, 08:41 am

Agrees with Kei.
I love Sasuke... But he pisses me off so bad being such a %^(*&#$^&*()$#$%^&*!!!!!!.
I hated how he tried to pwn Sakura.
*Cries*
But I still love him. And NAruto is Sasukes' only chance. Hope Naruto can change him!!! Naruto FTW
sakura-uchiha
sakura-uchiha
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By _Yuki. 13/03/10, 10:48 am

I'm most definitely not the first to say this, but these threads are just asking for trouble. Mad Probably best to avoid making these but luckily enough the people at CNZ haven't started any wars over something this petty.

@thread
My friends (that are male) often talk about DotA etc etc, and another game that often comes up are VS games. Naruto VS Bleach, Naruto VS One Piece. VS games are just breeding grounds for bad behaviour.

Oh god, the hell I have to go through listening to them spout on about what is better. I myself have had irritating experiences calming the rabid fan behaviour among them - so threads like this always bring out the flame shields within me.

Now I personally dislike them both because:
1) I feel like sometimes they simply lack the depth to keep me attracted to the series. Some people follow them simply due to feeling like they are maintaining their duties as a fan.
2) The art style is somewhat annoying, hurr. Both of them looking pretty unattractive to me. I tend to read or watch anything that is just aesthetically pleasing (even if the story is old and reused.)

Anime club people know that I won't play anything to do with Bleach, Naruto or One Piece there. Even if there was an episode I found particularly good, so good I would want the people there to see it, it wouldn't go near the projector screen, because I just don't see that ever, ever, ever, ever happening.
_Yuki
_Yuki
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 741
Transforms into : something BAMF.
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post By Squishy blob. 13/03/10, 10:58 am

_Yuki wrote:

Anime club people know that I won't play anything to do with Bleach, Naruto or One Piece there. Even if there was an episode I found particularly good, so good I would want the people there to see it, it wouldn't go near the projector screen, because I just don't see that ever, ever, ever, ever happening.

I have a problem in my school's anime club with people who demand to watch mainstream anime like Naruto, One piece, etc. I don't necessarily have a problem with all of them, but anime club for me is more about getting people to watch something new, something they haven't tried before. And luckily the club leader is of a similar mindset.
Squishy blob
Squishy blob
LEVEL UP!

Back to top Go down

Post By DeltaBeta. 13/03/10, 11:08 am

Squishy blob wrote:
I don't necessarily have a problem with all of them, but anime club for me is more about getting people to watch something new, something they haven't tried before. And luckily the club leader is of a similar mindset.

Well, me, Basaka, and Zeorymer started a club in college two years ago with that plan, it went far better than my expectations.
What is that club up to now I do not know, it probably went back to the oblivion whence it came now... (like most student started club in our college)
DeltaBeta
DeltaBeta
Tophat

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post By _Yuki. 13/03/10, 12:15 pm

Squishy blob wrote:
I have a problem in my school's anime club with people who demand to watch mainstream anime like Naruto, One piece, etc. I don't necessarily have a problem with all of them, but anime club for me is more about getting people to watch something new, something they haven't tried before. And luckily the club leader is of a similar mindset.

Quote for truth. That's basically what I'm going for, like pretty much those exact words. I absolutely refuse to play mainstream to them. I won't even play FMA, that is a little... visually above our juniors. They're all completely insane though.
Our school anime club is basically a lazy culmination of the most insane and obsessive scattered across all of the yeargroups, from junior to senior. Senior being Jamie and I, we're pretty mad. Me especially so for being in charge of such a motley and useless club. Junior being the bunch of Year 9 kids that come along hoping we'll watch some Naruto. Even if I'm trying to broaden their horizons a little with something different.

I have an awkward job trying to play something palatable for everyone and yet not shoving it in their face by just flatly turning their requests for Naruto down. <-- this is exactly what I do, nonetheless. So I decided to *cough* never, I repeat, never ask for an opinion on what to watch from any of them anymore. The chaos that ensues... X8 Even if I didn't have internet access I could still manage to feed their anime hunger for years.

The problem is, they are far too narrow-minded and would rather watch Naruto, Bleach or anime of that sort. Not that they would stop coming if I didn't, but some ask incessantly why I don't screen Naruto. Naruto especially. Our school has a special Narutard species for some reason. x:

@thread
I prefer Naruto's story to One Piece personally, this also distantly relates to the battle of NINJAS VERSUS PIRATES, though I've heard good things about the newest movie. One Piece movies have been criticized heavily before, but some of the reviews I've heard for this one are reasonable.
_Yuki
_Yuki
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By NieN. 13/03/10, 12:51 pm

There was an Anime/Manga club that recently started up at our school, I'd go but the organizer creeps me out.

As for Naruto v.s One Piece. I prefer Naruto, could never get into One piece.
NieN
NieN
Superman

Number of posts : 260
Transforms into : Ho-Oh, lol jks a Hoothoot
Registration date : 2009-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post By demon-girl. 13/03/10, 01:34 pm

Both XD
I love my chopper plush key ring :0
demon-girl
demon-girl
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 534
Transforms into : ......
Registration date : 2009-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 13/03/10, 01:50 pm

= * Headache *=

Neither..

One Piece seems really strange and confusing, with strange characters and monsters and a main character who yells loudly alot, and Naruto is favorable by a character that isn't even much poplaur anymore, Sasuke--- Kishi wants to marry him, shippuden explains that to us.
Yes Sasuke is powerful, Yes Sasuke is cool, Yes Sasuke is a rebel, okay we get the idea Kishi you love Sasuke and you dream about him in your sleep, head back to Naruto now 'kay..?

Even though isn't too friendly with both, would have to give the point to Naruto, Naruto is dissed for being useless, annoying, selfish or whatever but his character is actually good role-model ship for it's watchers and his 'don't give up on anything, give going' attitude is brilliant, not to mention it has a different variety of characters and basically almost none of the young main teens are the same, maybe minus Sakura and Ino..

But yeah, Naruto VS One P ?

Fairly Tale, wins defiantly ;)

Back to top Go down

Post By Squishy blob. 13/03/10, 02:04 pm

_Yuki wrote:

Our school anime club is basically a lazy culmination of the most insane and obsessive scattered across all of the yeargroups, from junior to senior. Senior being Jamie and I, we're pretty mad. Me especially so for being in charge of such a motley and useless club. Junior being the bunch of Year 9 kids that come along hoping we'll watch some Naruto. Even if I'm trying to broaden their horizons a little with something different.
I have an awkward job trying to play something palatable for everyone and yet not shoving it in their face by just flatly turning their requests for Naruto down. <-- this is exactly what I do, nonetheless. So I decided to *cough* never, I repeat, never ask for an opinion on what to watch from any of them anymore. The chaos that ensues... X8 Even if I didn't have internet access I could still manage to feed their anime hunger for years.
The problem is, they are far too narrow-minded and would rather watch Naruto, Bleach or anime of that sort. Not that they would stop coming if I didn't, but some ask incessantly why I don't screen Naruto. Naruto especially. Our school has a special Narutard species for some reason. x:
@thread
I prefer Naruto's story to One Piece personally, this also distantly relates to the battle of NINJAS VERSUS PIRATES, though I've heard good things about the newest movie. One Piece movies have been criticized heavily before, but some of the reviews I've heard for this one are reasonable.

We have a bunch of year 12 boys delinquent people who ask "where's naruto?" every time they come. And then they say "this has no action in it" or "they're not doing anything". (IT'S CALLED A SLICE OF LIFE BOYS,) and somehow they keep coming each week... We,re winning them over =D.

And good anime movies are few and far between.
Squishy blob
Squishy blob
LEVEL UP!

Back to top Go down

Post By Keysha-chan. 13/03/10, 02:09 pm

Oh my gosh WHY is this thread still ALIVE?! D:

@bubblegum - if you're not big on OP though, why use Ace in your signature image? *confused*

btw - still love One Piece, but there's nothing wrong with Naruto if it's your thing.

However, nothing still beats a shape-shifting Reindeer doctor!

Naruto VS One Piece - Page 2 Choppercollection-1

There. My cute little Reindeer infestation. Naruto VS One Piece - Page 2 501139
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down
http://www.Keysha-chan.deviantart.com

Post By iwuvanime. 13/03/10, 02:10 pm

I like Love One Piece

Naruto VS One Piece - Page 2 Op10
iwuvanime
iwuvanime
paoupu fruit

Number of posts : 448
Transforms into : Lady Fluffalups, Super Villaness Extraordinaire
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down
http://Www.iwuvanime.tumblr.com

Post By Keysha-chan. 13/03/10, 02:13 pm

iwuvanime wrote:
I like Love One Piece

Naruto VS One Piece - Page 2 Op10

I love that you just ran into your bedroom two seconds ago and took that, darling! X3 <3
Keysha-chan
Keysha-chan
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down
http://www.Keysha-chan.deviantart.com

Post By _Yuki. 13/03/10, 02:30 pm

Squishy blob wrote:
We have a bunch of year 12 boys delinquent people who ask "where's naruto?" every time they come. And then they say "this has no action in it" or "they're not doing anything". (IT'S CALLED A SLICE OF LIFE BOYS,) and somehow they keep coming each week... We,re winning them over =D.

And good anime movies are few and far between.

What year are you? I'd leave our school anime club to someone like you if I could. (Insert sigh of resigning to fate) I wrote something long and tedious about the club, but I just decided to delete it off. The gist of what I was saying goes something like this, "I'm too quiet to control them all, I take responsibility like I should, but cultural clubs at Freyberg simply suck ass."

We watched Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo once. Movies are too hard to get through. I felt like setting Summer Wars on them, but I don't think that would work. I'd better off with popular episodes or something that will give them a bit of an anime hit rather than a meaningful movie that requires a little bit of concentration while watching.
If I played Naruto, chances are more people would come, but I'd be betraying what I originally set out to do. Come on. You know you enjoyed Geass. You know you liked SZS. These people are too difficult to please, but at least if I don't ask, they won't bother recommmending Naruto to me.

Actually, most of the Freyberg race is centred at Naruto. One Piece is kind of foreign stuff, and anyone that reads/watches it feels it's a little lame. I think in terms of mental maturity, they belong at a similar level (though Naruto is more... death-y) of understanding but One Piece just isn't liked at our school.

Y'arr. I be inconsistent.
_Yuki
_Yuki
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Xephia. 14/03/10, 07:19 am

I love the Naruto manga, but hate the anime. I like the Naruto manga much better than the One Piece anime, but I like the One Piece anime better than the Naruto anime. And I've never read the OP manga.

The last few chapters of Naruto have just been so exciting! I can't wait for next weeks >w<
Xephia
Xephia
Zenbu

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-10-24

Back to top Go down
http://xephia.deviantart.com

Post By Guest. 14/03/10, 08:10 am

Keysha-chan wrote:

@bubblegum - if you're not big on OP though, why use Ace in your signature image? *confused*

..... Isn't it Gray from Fairy Tale... ? 0___O

... I HOPE it's Gray from Fairy Tale..

Naruto VS One Piece - Page 2 875635

Anyway's it's very nice and detailed artwork, will keep it even it's OP. Good Artwork should be celebrated and praised..
^-^

Back to top Go down

Post By iwuvanime. 14/03/10, 02:45 pm

bubblegum wrote:

..... Isn't it Gray from Fairy Tale... ? 0___O

... I HOPE it's Gray from Fairy Tale..

It's Ace...

Sexy Sexy Shirtless Ace

Naruto VS One Piece - Page 2 Ace10

But I agree it is very nice Artwork.