Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The dreaded 'S' word....

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do you feel about the bard?
Love him! Everything he writes is AMAZING! :D
The dreaded 'S' word.... - Page 3 Vote_lcap30%The dreaded 'S' word.... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 16 ]
*shrug* Some of the plays are okay, other others... not so much...
The dreaded 'S' word.... - Page 3 Vote_lcap49%The dreaded 'S' word.... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 49% [ 26 ]
I do NOT understand a word he wrote. ENGLISH- HELLO?
The dreaded 'S' word.... - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%The dreaded 'S' word.... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
HATE IT!!! ARGHH!!!
The dreaded 'S' word.... - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%The dreaded 'S' word.... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 6 ]
Don't care either way~
The dreaded 'S' word.... - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%The dreaded 'S' word.... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Who is this 'shakespeare' you speak of?
The dreaded 'S' word.... - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%The dreaded 'S' word.... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 53

MessageAuthor
Re: The dreaded 'S' word....
Post By Sirius. 03/10/10, 05:33 pm

Li-Bai wrote:
Shakespeare is fun, although confusing sometime, haha. I waxed poetic on Shakespeare with my 'Li-Bai Badguy' devART photo with a verse from Antony and Cleopatra. See, everyone knows the first line but not many people know the full lines or where it comes from >w>

"Friends, romans, countrymen, lend me you ears!
I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them; the good are oft interred with their bones.

So let it be with Caesar;
Noble Brutus has told you that Caesar was ambitious;
If so, it was a grievous fault and grievously did Caesar answer it."

AH I'm sure that's not from Antony and Cleopatra I'm pretty sure that's from Julius Caesar, (act 3 scene 2) and in my opinion one of Shakespeare's better plays. the Cassius soliloquy (act 1 scene 2) is awe inspiring. its interesting to note the structural forms used by Shakespeare in his plays as often it gives clues has to how to understand it. it's funny a lot of the interpretive techniques I was taught studying Shakespeare at school I'm applying at bible college for interpreting the bible. especially the understanding of literary form
Sirius
Sirius
400th Member

Number of posts : 75
Transforms into : Wargamer
Registration date : 2009-01-27

The dreaded 'S' word.... - Page 3 Vide
Back to top Go down

The dreaded 'S' word....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum