Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy VII

Go to page : 1, 2  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Final Fantasy VII
Post By Pyro. 04/01/08, 11:18 am

OMFG THIS GAME IS AWESOME.

Yeah... ^^

I've named my party after some of my friends (and myself)

Here they are-

Cloud = Ham
Barret = Roy
Tifa = Jen
Aeris = Marian
Red XIII = Baghera
Yuffie = Ango
Cait Sith = Juju
Vincent = Vincent (I couldn't change his name... He's far too awesome to have a silly name. <3)
Cid = Pyro (Meee!)

I'm in Wutai right now, and I'm pissed that Vincent keeps telling me to go get my materia back from Ango. I'd rather go get drunk with the Turks in the bar. <3

Uh... What else?

I'M SHIPPING MARIAN x HAM.

ANGO CRACKS ME UP.

I MISS GHEI BOI.

Ghei Boi is Tidus, by the way, in my X game.

So.

FFVII; anyone?

PS. I'm making a plushie of Turk Vincent right now. <3 He's adorable.
Pyro
Pyro
Winner of the Infinitely Quotable Award

Number of posts : 3934
Transforms into : Tik-Tok Tibenoch
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy VII
Post By bekah. 04/01/08, 12:31 pm

My friend told me my hair looked like Nanaki's when I had it in pigtails one time, rofl.

Nanaki is waaay cool~
bekah
bekah
lucky*

Number of posts : 1132
Transforms into : your mom ;)
Registration date : 2007-11-30

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/staceyrebekah

Post By Pyro. 04/01/08, 12:40 pm

Your friend told you you look like a lion-thing?

ROFL. Nice.
Pyro
Pyro

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By bekah. 04/01/08, 01:12 pm

Yeah, I was like wtf @___@

And she said it was just my hair lolz
bekah
bekah
lucky*

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 04/01/08, 01:44 pm

xD

I've never been told I'm anything like any characters. ><

Based on how I act online, would you say I'm anything like any FFVII characters?
Pyro
Pyro

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By bekah. 04/01/08, 01:47 pm

Raaaa.
I haven't played in so long ><
I shall think on it, 'kay?

:]
bekah
bekah
lucky*

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 04/01/08, 01:56 pm

-nodnod-

IT'S BEEN FIVE MINUTES, HAVE YOU THOUGHT ENOUGH YET!?

xD
Pyro
Pyro

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By bekah. 04/01/08, 02:00 pm

You kinda remind me of Yuffie in a way~
bekah
bekah
lucky*

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 04/01/08, 02:29 pm

Haha. <3

I kinda remind myself of Yuffie sometimes.

I also remind myself of Shera at times, too.
Pyro
Pyro

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By bekah. 04/01/08, 02:35 pm

I was stressing that you were going to be one of the very common Yuffie haters xD
There seem to be so many of them~~
I feel sorry for Shera D:

My friend also said I made some weird noise that sounded like Rude in AC. As I haven't seen it, I have no idea what I said or whatever @__@
My friend said it was an "asian grunt" though lol x]
bekah
bekah
lucky*

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 04/01/08, 02:40 pm

xD

Rude is so much cooler in the original game, in my opinion. In the movie, he never says anything, and just grunts. In the game, he's all like...

"I like Tifa."

"To Reno and the Turks! =D"

And he's cool.
Pyro
Pyro

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By bekah. 04/01/08, 02:43 pm

My special skill = grunting like Rude.

Hoyeah, that makes me cool :]]]]]

I was looking at VII today and was like,
"Man I should SO start playing that again so I know what the hell everyone is going on about..."
I nearly did, but then I got distracted by some weird infomercial about some Hip Hop dancing designed by some sweaty bald black guy that makes you lose weight really well. It was interesting, lol.
bekah
bekah
lucky*

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 04/01/08, 03:07 pm

You know what?

I'm gonna call you Rude XIII from now on. xD
Pyro
Pyro

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By bekah. 04/01/08, 03:09 pm

Oh man, I feel special xD

Combining Yuffie & Shera doesn't work too well though.
You can just stay Pyro coz it's gangz :3
bekah
bekah
lucky*

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 04/01/08, 03:11 pm

Yep.

And 'cause Pyro is what my Cid is called. And Cid is like totally awesome.
Pyro
Pyro

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By bekah. 04/01/08, 03:13 pm

Yes!
He definately is.

I don't understand why everyone likes Cloud so much...
He kinda pisses me off...

& did you know, VII is one of the most sought-after games, and many call it the epitome of RPGs, and it's also the most returned game?
Or something like that lol
bekah
bekah
lucky*

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 05/01/08, 05:33 pm

I don't understand why everyone likes Cloud so much either.

I mean... I like him, but honestly? Vincent, Zack, Sephy, Genesis, Angeal, Hojo, Aeris, Cid and Yuffie are so much cooler, man. ^^

OMFG, THE FFVII BEFORE CRISIS CHARACTER DESIGNS FOR CID AND YUFFIE ARE AWESOME.

Go to FF wikia. Check them out. They will cause much fangirl squealing.

CID IS BISHIE~!

And Vincent's exactly the same as always. Only his eyes are kinda shiny. ^^

xD Very nice.

Mind you, I get why it's most returned. I sold my copy of KH so I could buy .hack//Mutation. xD

I sold FFX-2 so I could buy FMA DVDs. ~<3

I sell lots of my games, thinking about it.
Pyro
Pyro

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By vamp_jojo. 06/01/08, 04:37 am

Hojo cooler than Cloud...You can't be serious?

Though, I think it's just a matter of opinion. I can see why people wouldn't like Cloud but that being said I can also see why people wouldn't like Vincent, Yuffie, Tifa, Aerith etc.

I myself don't dislike any FF characters. I think they all play an important part in advancing the story although I do feel some lack character development.

BTW how come you guys don't really like Cloud?
vamp_jojo
vamp_jojo
Tophat

Number of posts : 131
Transforms into : Sarcastic

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 06/01/08, 04:50 am

I totally am serious, though. ^^

I know it's just a matter of a opinion. Hah, I used to like the Turks a lot; but now I don't, so much. Reno and Rude are cool, but I prefer others now that I know everyone's backstories.

For me, I don't like Cloud so much as others because he's just not as interesting as a character. I mean... Boy fails girl, boy gets annoyed with himself, boy goes off and joins military-thing, bad stuff happens, gets experimented on, becomes an amnesiac... It's just not as interesting a past as I find in a lot of the other characters.

I guess it's because I'm more into the Fantasy part of Final Fantasy. ^^;;

Hence why characters like Angeal and Vincent interest me so much. They admit they aren't human and they display the powers their misfortune has given them, and it's kinda neat. They hurt other characters by doing so; and they feel obvious guilt for their inhumanity.

I find that more interesting than what Cloud has going for himself.

I don't particularly dislike any FF characters either (except maybe Kimahri) by the way; some just annoy me a bit at times. ^^;;
Pyro
Pyro

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By vamp_jojo. 06/01/08, 05:20 am

Lol, I liked Kimahri but I hated using him because he didn't have his own sphere grid part. Awesome character design and he's probably one of the biggest figures I have.

The first six FF games have fantasy themes to the max. I clocked FF1 a little while ago and honestly it's got every fantasy creature I can think of: Dragons, vampires, robots, ancients, mermaids - the list goes on. While it took a while to get used to, I found it really enjoyable after a while.

I got Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War yesterday. I want to play it but I don't know if I want to use my Crisis Core PSP.

Anyway, the reason I liked FF7 is because it didn't have as much fantasy elements as the others. Don't get me wrong, I love the fantasy elements but FF7 was different and modern. I liked the fact that the enemies were political figures, soldiers, mobsters. That's why DoC annoyed me. Azul, Rosso, Nero etc. didn't really have a good backstory and leaned too much on the fantasy side. I think this made them deviate from what the original FF7 was really about.

Vincent isn't human, true, but he WAS human and they had a good story to back up how he became a "monster".

The way Cloud is works well as the main character. There has to be a reason for him being the guy who doesn't care about anything at the start of the game and I think the identity cofusion part was interesting and a nice twist. The parts with Tifa, Aerith, Barret wouldn't be nearly as interesting if Cloud wasn't the way that he is. For me a good character is made by the way they are developed. Cloud's hatred for Sephiroth is well thought out (Sephiroth destroyed his hometown and killed Aerith). Also his introverted self is explained because he was a loner when he grew up and never had any proper friends when he was young. By the start of FF7 he really has nothing to live for and only lives for himself but when he becomes intertwined with the others, he has a reason to live and fights for everyone. As you probably know by now, I really like Cloud, and to me he's just more interesting than the other charcters (and that's saying a lot because I find the other character's really interesting too).

And this is random but I really like Red XIII too.
vamp_jojo
vamp_jojo
Tophat

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 06/01/08, 05:46 am

I just didn't like Kimahri straight out, actually. xD

He's like, the only FF character that I've ever felt that way about. He just didn't have character development and a complex personality like the others. His speech pattern annoyed me somewhat, too.

Robots are counted as fantasy now? I thought they were sci-fi...

I kinda phrased my little speech wrong- I like the KIND of fantasy FFVII has. I go for the whole sci-fi fantasy "THEY'VE EXPERIMENTED ON ME IN AN ILLOGICAL WAY WHICH CAUSES THINGS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO HAPPEN" type of thing. ;)

Haha, and that's why you have to play CC. It teaches you more about what they did to Azul, Rosso and such towards the end, and you'll see some similarities apparent between some of the characters which further back it up to be more sci-fi.

The reasons you just listed there are probably what makes Vincent my favorite character, actually. He was human; now he isn't; and we get to see the changes between how he was and how he is in DoC.

Actually; last night I was reading the script for Before Crisis, and I came upon a sequence where Vincent is briefly awakened from his slumber by his old colleague. I nearly cried from some of the things Vincent is shown saying- Here's his old partner (implied they were very close friends by how the guy speaks to Vinnie) talking about how Vincent's gotta get out and protect the player while they wander around the mansion, and Vincent just sits there, thinking about how he'd rather 'repent his sins', as per usual.

Why? Why would he be so cruel to an old friend like that? He shows no particular care for this guy, who obviously has utmost respect for Vincent, and loves him a lot as a friend, and would rather just stay and lie there, doing what he believes is best for himself.

Why? Why is Vincent like that? It's a very sad; but very revealing situation- Vincent just hasn't got any compassion for those who he used to be near to, save Lu, because over the years he's just lost all the emotions he used to feel for them.

And so he simply gives the guy directions and sends him off on his way, before lying back down in his little purple coffin, and going back to being emo.

The way Vincent changes between his Turk days and FFVII is really heartbreaking; and one of the reasons I like Vincent so much.

Your points on Cloud are very true; by the way; and they're the reasons why I do; at least in part, like him.
Pyro
Pyro

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Picc. 06/01/08, 08:30 am

Ahhhh FF7....I remember playing this when it was first released, LOL!
Such an epic game. I love the music in it. In fact, I recently procured a copy of FF7 Piano collections. It is very pretty-ful.

My favourite character was Tifa. I love the mini game where you get to slap Scarlet, LMAO!
Picc
Picc
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By bekah. 06/01/08, 01:42 pm

I don't really like HATE Cloud or anything - he just annoys me how he's pretty quiet and emo-y.
The 'silent hero' element of some games annoy me.
(Suikoden do that a lot >< great games, but that pisses me off).

& Cid just pwns all in VII coz of his grumpy old man styles :3
bekah
bekah
lucky*

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By bekah. 06/01/08, 02:30 pm

OMG~ the Cid in Before Crisis!!
And Yuffie! And Tifa!
They look nice :3
bekah
bekah
lucky*

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By vamp_jojo. 08/01/08, 03:38 am

I myself hate games that the hero doesn't speak in. Well, actually I don't hate them because I love Suikoden but I don't like that fact that the hero doesn't talk...It kinda makes me feel like no one could respect or like them if they don't say anything.

Cloud isn't really that emo and quiet in FFVII although he sort of is in Advent Children. I actually thought his behaviour at the start of FFVII was cool if anything. The character sort of aims at people's hopes of becoming better. With Cloud we see a guy who is introverted and insecure and then he overcomes that and becomes a leader and defeats Sephiroth. It gives us common folk a belief that if Cloud with so many flaws could accomplish so much then maybe we can too (Not like save the world or anything but you get the picture). I think that's why Cloud and Squall are two of the more popular main characters: they both have problems and have trouble communicating with others. This is something that happens to regular people - something that we can relate too....Some of us anyway. In being so real it just draws me more to the character which explains why I'm defending him with my life.

I myself thought that Kimahri had character development - more than Lulu anyway. We learn how he broke his horn and was exiled. And we see parts of his hometown and him confronting his rivals. From memory however we don't learn anything much about Lulu. As I said though, I myself didn't use him much (In my first game anyway) because he didn't have his own sphere grid part. I didn't mind his speech pattern or his voice...the only english voice I've actually completely hated is Genesis'.

Yeah robots are sci-fi but I just wanted to emphasize the fact that FF1 had a lot a fantasy elements and when I wrote them out it didn't seem like a lot (Because I forgot Dwarfs and Elves) so I put robots to make it seem like there were heaps...

Yeah okay fair enough that I have to play CC before I say that Rosso, Azul etc. aren't well thought out characters. But looking just at the DoC game. If it were a good game it wouldn't have to rely on other games to make the characters deep and meaningful. They could have and probably should have done more to captivate the player. Although maybe it's hard with FPS...

I like Vincent as much as the next guy...he was tied favourite or second favourite when I first played the original FFVII but DoC didn't make me like him anymore then I already did. Some things should just be left a mystery IMO.

This is random but the worst part of DoC, to me, was the neurodata internet part. I mean I was so happy when I thought Hojo was still alive in the opening sequence but by the end I was just sadly disappointed...anyone else feel the same way?
vamp_jojo
vamp_jojo
Tophat

Final Fantasy VII Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Final Fantasy VII Vide