Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy VII

Go to page : Previous  1, 2
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Final Fantasy VII
Post By Pyro. 08/01/08, 04:54 am

Lately, when I've been playing FFVII, I've noticed how much Cloud's personality changes between it and AC. He's very... Angry... And self centered. Which is why, I guess, I like the game a fair bit more than AC (DoC gameplay sucks compared to the original, but I like the Vincent backstory)

I like Cloud's character quite a lot in the game, I admit. He's very self-centered, and though he's in his early twenties, he acts more like a kid in his mid-teens (which makes sense, when ya think about it) who frequently refuses to do good things for people in favour of doing meaningless things for himself.

Kimahri did have character development... It just... I can't even remember them explaining how he lost his horn, and I didn't find it as interesting as the rest of the game.

Lulu may have had scant character development herself, but because there wasn't anything else to think of at the times she was developed more (Kimahri's development was too late in the game, I found, to properly appreciate it, what with all the major plot points going off around it) so I got a good feeling for her.

^^;;

With the Tsviets, there of course was that huge backstory for them- In DoC- only it was the Japanese version. Without that, as well, we lost more of their identity, especially Weiss'.

They actually pop up all throughout the compilation; for instance; Azul's motives are displayed in BC, and Nero and Weiss in CC. Shelke got almost everything she needed during DoC, and Rosso... Well, Rosso kinda lost the character development plot, and it's implied in DoC that all she showed there is all that she had to show.

Eh, I like it when holes are covered, personally, and I enjoyed looking more at Vincent in DoC. I'd still like to see more with his past; though.

What was his relationship to Veld from BC, other than mission partner, which made Veld act so close to him? What condition was he in after he was shot? It implies both death and comatose at times in DoC- which was it? What was Vincent's stance on Shinra's moral codes at the time? How did he feel towards Hojo before the JENOVA project incident? What'd they do to him to cause the effects of the Galian Beast, etcetera?

It did feel rather silly, in some ways, to have Hojo as the neurodata thing. I mean... With the power he had from the JENOVA cells in him, couldn't he have done something slightly more interesting?

It was a good idea on his part, technically, but it was a kinda dumb way of keeping him alive for all us players. Razz
Pyro
Pyro
Winner of the Infinitely Quotable Award

Number of posts : 3934
Transforms into : Tik-Tok Tibenoch
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Final Fantasy VII - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By vamp_jojo. 08/01/08, 08:10 am

Yeah Cloud became really depressed about Aerith over the years - I guess that's why he is the way he is in Advent Children.

Byron or whatever that other Ronso's name is broke his horn I think.

Yeah I was aware Azul was in Before Crisis and while I do like the fact that the stories link throughout the compilation and I do want them to continue making more games - I reckon that they should only make a game they know is going to be great. I'm all for covering plotholes but I think doing this with Vincent was a bad idea. He was always meant to be mysterious - it even says he is in the FFVII manual...Personally I reckon if they were to go deeper into his story it would just be overkill. Part of Vincent's appeal for me was the fact that he was mysterious....Every character has parts to their story that haven't been answered. The fact that we don't know what happens...that we can imagine what might have happened or what might still happen in the future...that's a great thng to me. For example, I'd prefer to believe that sometime in the future Vincent reunites with Lucrecia rather than have a game show me that. Or I'd like to believe in my mind that Cloud and Tifa start a family rather than let a game or movie show me that. I think they should leave some things open-ended so that the fans can decide for themselves what they think will happen.

Like the end of FFX...I loved that part where Yuna whistled at the end and after the credits it showed Tidus. I felt, "maybe she'll find him again." I didn't know how or if it would actually happen but it felt good that maybe they might be together again. FFX-2 killed this mystery...It let the player know that they definitely will meet again. I liked wondering and imagining...

But yeah, all this stuff is opinion...I just personally don't want the mystery to be taken away from characters and I also don't want them to bring out anymore average sequels. (DoC and X-2...I hear CC is really good though).
vamp_jojo
vamp_jojo
Tophat

Number of posts : 131
Transforms into : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2007-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post By bekah. 08/01/08, 01:02 pm

I had the mean cry in the Jap ending of FFX ;o;

--

Random question - do you guys hate Aerith? Sososo many people seem to hate her as well as Yuffie @__@
I find it weird...
She's good. Like healer person & stuff.
I actually SO need to replay FFVII >< aaaarrrrhhh.
bekah
bekah
lucky*

Number of posts : 1132
Transforms into : your mom ;)

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/staceyrebekah

Post By vamp_jojo. 08/01/08, 01:30 pm

No...actually she was one of my favourites...until she died. However everytime I replayed FFVII I would never use her because I knew she was going to die which incidently made Demon Wall? quite hard. I know heaps of people that hate her english voice actor though. She doesn't say much in KH2 and AC so I don't care too much but I think CC might be a problem because Aerith was meant to be flirty and lively...not sound dead and boring. So she could potentially ruin the game...not sure how big her part is though.

I can understand why people find Yuffie annoying - I mean - it took me ages to put the materia in the right place. Her character is different though and I think it plays in well with the other characters. I think it's weird that she's so friendly with Vincent though. They're complete opposites and there's quite an age difference. Kind of makes me feel - why's he even bothering with this kid? Hasn't he got enough problems and things to do?

But to actually answer your queston properly - yes - I like both Aerith and Yuffie but after Aerith died I didn't like her as much because I never really used her again in my revisits to FFVII (except to get her Level 4 limit break).
vamp_jojo
vamp_jojo
Tophat

Number of posts : 131
Transforms into : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 08/01/08, 03:16 pm

I like both Aeris and Yuffie. <3

I find Aeris sweet and fun, and she's just a pleasant character to have around.

Yuffie is funny and lovable, and she's just so different from the other characters in how she treats everything.
Pyro
Pyro
Winner of the Infinitely Quotable Award

Number of posts : 3934
Transforms into : Tik-Tok Tibenoch
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content