Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Necromancer progress

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Necromancer progress
Post By Static. 30/10/08, 09:45 am

Yeah, not a whole lot done so far - just a whole steaming pile of SEAMS! This is a mock-up, I'll bone this in plastic and make sure everything's all hucky-duck before I do the properly-coloured satin and steel-boning version. On a side note, SPOTLIGHT ARE OUT OF BONING I AM SO OFFENDED.

Necromancer progress Necrotop4
Necromancer progress Necrotop3
Necromancer progress Necrotop2
Necromancer progress Necrotop1

To refresh everyone's memory, this is the original reference image:

Necromancer progress Halfangel1

Modified obviously. I'm currently fighting a fighty mcbattle with the collar trying to get it to sit properly, but as I have no boning it's kind of a moot point anyway...there will most likely be no sleeves, because the final corset will be really heavy and I don't want to die of heatstroke at the ball.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Death threats? Comments on my seams? Anything?
Static
Static
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3584
Transforms into : HULKSMASH
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Necromancer progress Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.little-noise.com

Re: Necromancer progress
Post By Guest. 30/10/08, 11:19 am

go out and buy a heap of the cheapest but bras that you can find then hack the boning out of that with a box knife probably only usefull for the fine details the rest I would use 2.5 mm wire and bend it to fit

Which staff or wand/offhand are you weilding sand have you thought about plushie bone minions cause they would be hax! also dont forget the scar patterns!!

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 30/10/08, 11:46 am

Lol! You're more anal about the details than me XD I have the steel boning already, the problem with DIY boning is the grade of steel - it needs to flex, but not bend. If you end up with bent boning, you're screwed - it NEVER straightens properly.

I hadn't thought about a staff - although seeing as how I'l probably be in crazy heels, it might be a good idea...ta Very Happy
Static
Static
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3584
Transforms into : HULKSMASH
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down
http://www.little-noise.com

Post By Guest. 30/10/08, 11:58 am

Static wrote:
Lol! You're more anal about the details than me XD I have the steel boning already, the problem with DIY boning is the grade of steel - it needs to flex, but not bend. If you end up with bent boning, you're screwed - it NEVER straightens properly.

I hadn't thought about a staff - although seeing as how I'l probably be in crazy heels, it might be a good idea...ta Very Happy

yea i am a huge necro player on GW scince teh very beggining with the no cap minion masters!!!

The staff would be easy enough to do with a broom handle and a either paper mache or wooden head. but it would definitely help balance and add the extra little bit every outfit needs

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 30/10/08, 03:39 pm

Static wrote:

Thoughts? Suggestions? Death threats? Comments on my seams? Anything?

Uh, I'd like to place a Death Threat, please.
Is there a form I fill out?

Kidding aside, I have no idea what that's from or anything, but it looks good so far ;3.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By Teh Dom. 01/11/08, 09:35 am

I love Guild Wars, I want to dress up as my Fire elite Kurzick Ele. D:
Shame I don't play GW anymore, now that I have a Mac. May get a PC for gaming later on in life. GW2 should be amazing. :3
Teh Dom
Teh Dom
Banana

Number of posts : 113
Transforms into : God
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down
http://www.neoseeker.com/members/profiles/Dark+Dom/

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content