Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[CHCH] Cosplay meetup?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: [CHCH] Cosplay meetup?
Post By Highlander. 16/07/13, 08:33 am

Hey as long as you and your parents are cool with it. And like your parents can meet us as well if they like. I Know Dan was interested, and that guy that just joined. But there are plenty more out there, just not on CNZ.

This is normally the point where you make a post with the details, and then change the first post to details of the meet up. I will make an event on facebook to see if we can get more people interested.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

[CHCH] Cosplay meetup? - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By creature124. 16/07/13, 12:47 pm

You know, its cool how two teenage girls can go out to meet up with a guy they've never met who's age is the reverse of their own digits. 14, 41. Its all the same right? Practically no difference. Its not creepy, or odd, or anything to be concerned about whatsoever.

Oh. Wait.

(NB: This isn't aimed at you, Highlander. I think you're a bit weird, but you've proven yourself harmless. Its the principle of the thing that I am objecting to here.)
creature124
creature124
Winner of the Keen Designer Award

Number of posts : 1948
Transforms into : Trollmon
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post By oujihime. 16/07/13, 01:03 pm

Sorry for replying really late to this post. >.<
Really hectic schedule with work last week so yeah...
Anyways, I have days off set (27th and 28th) for the weekend next week, not too sure with Ouji as he's waiting for a job confirmation and we can set the days off for him.
Would love to set out to CHCH again. We've got our car, but we're not that really keen to drive far yet. Not too sure if we are to stay really long as we will be heading back to Timaru on the same day or the next day (as per bus sched) (unless if there's someone who will let us stay for the night? *wink* *wink* Razz )
As per bus schedule, we will be arriving at 1:45pm in CHCH on the 27th - we might plan to get an accommodation - so we're leaving on the next day.
I would really want to push this through to meet with you guys!
oujihime
oujihime
Zenbu

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-07-08

Back to top Go down
http://www.oujihime.com

Post By Kuro&Shiro. 16/07/13, 03:46 pm

Ok. Cool. So there's a date. A time etc, but I just want to.check who is coming. Plze either PM us or post on this thread. Also, just for safety (sawry, but you never know sad) and avoidence (avoidance?) of awkwardness, it.would be best if people made a tiny bit of effort to come... Anyway. I'm just a tiny bit curious, will it just be a meet and greet sort of thing, or actual sewing andstuff?
Kuro
sorry if this post is a bit... 'weird', I'm
using my phone which sorta fails at life.
Will try to post list thingy tomorrow.
Kuro&Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Banana

Number of posts : 115
Transforms into : Try 2 broke otakus living off flying mint bunnies and commoners coffee... Oh wait.
Registration date : 2013-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 17/07/13, 04:01 am

Gee thanks Greg. (Hey how are you still so young?). I think the kids will be outnumbered. The parents are invited. I'm not that stupid. But if anyone ever wants anything to happen in ChCh ever again, then it has to start somewhere. Noting this is a a public cafe/fabric shop, so pretty safe. I have just heard people talk for ages, and I get impatient with all talk, no action. Shiro is the first person in three years to make any effort to actually do something cosplay related outside of Geddon/SANCON. Really our time/effort/imagination is the only limit.

I was thinking just meet and greet, but if you guys want to talk about the practicalities of cosplay I can bring some stuff along. Up to you. Don't expect too much out of a first meeting.

Oujihime, if you are arriving by bus 1:45pm Saturday the get the bus to let you off at church corner, as that is where the make cafe is. As for putting you/both of you for a night, normally not a problem, but my pull out bed is broken, so unless I can get it fixed real quick!

I have created a FB page, just to help spread the word. https://www.facebook.com/events/542162702510480/
I hope you don't mind Shiro, but I put your name on it. It will sound better than my name on it, trust me. Besides you asked for, and organised it!
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuro&Shiro. 17/07/13, 05:30 am

Highlander wrote:
Gee thanks Greg. (Hey how are you still so young?). I think the kids will be outnumbered. The parents are invited. I'm not that stupid. But if anyone ever wants anything to happen in ChCh ever again, then it has to start somewhere. Noting this is a a public cafe/fabric shop, so pretty safe. I have just heard people talk for ages, and I get impatient with all talk, no action. Shiro is the first person in three years to make any effort to actually do something cosplay related outside of Geddon/SANCON. Really our time/effort/imagination is the only limit.

I was thinking just meet and greet, but if you guys want to talk about the practicalities of cosplay I can bring some stuff along. Up to you. Don't expect too much out of a first meeting.

Oujihime, if you are arriving by bus 1:45pm Saturday the get the bus to let you off at church corner, as that is where the make cafe is. As for putting you/both of you for a night, normally not a problem, but my pull out bed is broken, so unless I can get it fixed real quick!

I have created a FB page, just to help spread the word. https://www.facebook.com/events/542162702510480/
I hope you don't mind Shiro, but I put your name on it. It will sound better than my name on it, trust me. Besides you asked for, and organised it!

Thanks for being understanding. We might just be doing a meet and greet and try sewing another time...
I checked out the page and I'm ok with everything (My name, people invited). I'm going to keep an eye on it but I won't be adding myself for obvious reasons. Thanks though for trying to get the word out. I'm not hoping for a gigantic event for just the first time and I saw that the cafe is quite small but I guess it would be great to reawaken some cosplayers who want something to do.

~Shiro :)

*also*
Since there seems to be more people intrested/coming, Shiro and I are looking forward to this!! (Thanks to those who look out for us though ^.~ we appreciate it both!) and also thanks for those who contributed to planning this!!
~Kuro

Last edited by Kuro&Shiro on 17/07/13, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Glad to see work paid off. Yes, I helped a lot behind the scenes.)
Kuro&Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Banana

Transforms into : Try 2 broke otakus living off flying mint bunnies and commoners coffee... Oh wait.

Back to top Go down

Post By creature124. 17/07/13, 11:38 am

Highlander wrote:
Gee thanks Greg. (Hey how are you still so young?).

I am enjoying the addition of the sick burn. Your implication is entirely wrong though, I haven't met with cosplayers outside the old guard in ages.

You know, because I have a working knowledge of what is and isn't generally acceptable in our society, and choose to abide by it.
creature124
creature124

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 17/07/13, 12:06 pm

creature124 wrote:
Highlander wrote:
Gee thanks Greg. (Hey how are you still so young?).

Your implication is entirely wrong though, I haven't met with cosplayers outside the old guard in ages.

Not sure what I was suppose to have implied there? I just seem to have meet you years ago, and I didn't think you where that young back then. Of course all the years just blend into one after a while so I could be wrong.

In the mean time people, we have 7 people going so far, only 2 under 21.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By creature124. 17/07/13, 12:09 pm

I would have been 18, so I wasn't that young.

If the implication was indeed unintended, fair enough, my apologies for lashing out.
creature124
creature124

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 17/07/13, 02:27 pm

Haha, I guess not, words like young and old are all relative. When I think about how long I have been doing something I tend to either think it seems like ages and add a year on, or after a long time I think it can't be that long and take a year off. My first Auckgeddon was 2009, so that must be right.

But thanks for the apology. :)
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By The Doctor. 17/07/13, 04:26 pm

As much as I would love to go, I'll be at work....
The Doctor
The Doctor
Ultimatum

Number of posts : 245
Transforms into : Something else?
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuro&Shiro. 18/07/13, 01:57 pm

Urk.
Well, this is really awkward.
Turns out Shiro and I both have really important (and by really I mean Really with a capital R) stuff on at around the time of the meet-up. Welp. Wilt. Wither. Melts. Sorry, just excuse us. But have fun anyway! (so cheesy >_<)
~Kuro
Doesn't mean it's cancelled, just that it's out of our hands.
From both of us;
Spoiler:
Kuro&Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

[CHCH] Cosplay meetup?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum