Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[CHCH] Cosplay meetup?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
[CHCH] Cosplay meetup?
Post By Kuro&Shiro. 07/05/13, 11:35 am

~UPDATE~
We've set a date for Saturday 27th at the Make Cafe from 2 pm on and anyone who still wants to come (or anyone new) is 100% welcome! We will likely just be sitting and chatting so feel free to just pop in and out.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

~Kuro&Shiro

(Initial post below c:)
Hey!
Kuro and I are quite new to cosplay but we're really keen to get better and know a bit more about it. So we were wondering if anyone in Christchurch or relatively close would like to have a little meetup (in cosplay of course!) or something in public (preferably on a weekend) and just talk about cosplay and mingle a bit xD It probably won't be anytime soon, but this is just to see who, if anyone, would be interested.

There probably won't be anything flashy like a party or dinner unless money flies through our windows, but photographers and novice cosplayers (like us :3) are all welcome!

~Shiro

Last edited by Kuro&Shiro on 16/07/13, 07:25 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Set the date and time)
Kuro&Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Banana

Number of posts : 115
Transforms into : Try 2 broke otakus living off flying mint bunnies and commoners coffee... Oh wait.
Registration date : 2013-04-02

[CHCH] Cosplay meetup? Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: [CHCH] Cosplay meetup?
Post By MichelleTheCow. 08/05/13, 12:32 pm

I'd love too Very Happy
MichelleTheCow
MichelleTheCow
seXAH <3

Number of posts : 88
Transforms into : A herd of cows
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuro&Shiro. 08/05/13, 01:28 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!*flails arms*
*calms down*
It's great to see someone actually has an interest! ;D Kuro and I don't really have a set date for anything special but I suppose if there's a public event on or if it's a weekend coming up or something we might plan some shenanigans.
Thanks again. Hehe. For showing interest xD
~Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Banana

Transforms into : Try 2 broke otakus living off flying mint bunnies and commoners coffee... Oh wait.

Back to top Go down

Post By oujihime. 16/05/13, 09:11 am

We're happy to attend to this meet up as all of you guys know, we are lonely couple here in Timaru. :)
Once we got the car and our residency, we're happy to go up for a visit. Razz
I was planning to get something like a mini cosplay 'photoshoot' event so as to meet everyone here in the South and a chance to talk about so many stuffs.

~hime
oujihime
oujihime
Zenbu

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-07-08

Back to top Go down
http://www.oujihime.com

Post By Kuro&Shiro. 16/05/13, 11:06 am

@oujihime
-forgothowtoquote- nodnod sigh
Yay! Please let us know if that happens! :grin: Right now though, Shiro and I are commanded -ahem. By Lelouch- to focus on schoolwork so I sorrowfully doubt that a meetup (arranged by us at least) shall happen soon :sadcry: ... Or if a public event happens... But it shall happen! Eventually... ashamed
sweatdrop
Woohoo people are interested!!!
~The Panda Hero, Kuro.
Kuro&Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post By oujihime. 16/05/13, 12:42 pm

Kuro&amp;Shiro wrote:
@oujihime
-forgothowtoquote- nodnod sigh
Yay! Please let us know if that happens! :grin: Right now though, Shiro and I are commanded -ahem. By Lelouch- to focus on schoolwork so I sorrowfully doubt that a meetup (arranged by us at least) shall happen soon :sadcry: ... Or if a public event happens... But it shall happen! Eventually... ashamed
sweatdrop
Woohoo people are interested!!!
~The Panda Hero, Kuro.

*clicks the QUOTE button in your post*
Yes! We will sort it out someday.... Razz
oujihime
oujihime
Zenbu

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-07-08

Back to top Go down
http://www.oujihime.com

Post By Highlander. 12/06/13, 04:42 pm

Copied from another thread.

squeakk wrote:
I think it's a good idea have cosplay meetups (we used to have lots of picnics and hire halls out back in the day) but I would also keep supporting Armageddon. There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes and they literally spend all year planning the conventions.

Kuro&amp;Shiro wrote:

In the words of a wise penguin, 'Smile and wave boys... Smile and wave...'
But, seeing as this is in context of Chchgeddon, just a suggestion; how about a meetup next year?
Just suggesting, and I know it's a while away, but something to keep in mind?
~Kuro (Courtesy of Shiro)

"Waving and smiling, boss." :)

Why not have one, or two, or three this year?

As to the money thing again ...  the christchurch cosplay club use to book a church hall for free.  It worked well money wise, as well as the fact that hiring facilities would be very costly or difficult as the club wasn't officially formed, no paperwork and such.  Having said all that Will was able to hire another hall cheap, and did charge entry for his yearly event.  And some events where held outside, or rarely at someones' place, or some other free venue.

Now in summer outside is still a good option.  But as to halls.  There are fewer, the prices are higher than ever.  Even a three hour booking, enough for a two hour event is going to costly.  The one exception is the council halls, if you are a council registered club.  Which we aren't.  If the SPCC is still alive (???) then it may be possible to get them registered, and do it through them???  Otherwise a person booking is charged commercial rates.  Even then unlike the CCC other clubs reacted very quickly after the quake and booked out most of the council facilities.  Otherwise it is possible to use people houses, and maybe some other venues that we could negotiate?  But there isn't much out there which will suit us well and cheaply.

Continued in the next post.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By Highlander. 12/06/13, 05:06 pm

So I have plenty of ideas.  But I'm pretty busy person, so not going to do everything alone.  Also some of these things are better with more people.  There are not many people on the forums these days.  But the CNZ Facebook page is a single feed for body and everything.  You can't even set up an event on the page without admin.  So the forums with it's sub-forums is technically the place to be.  But as I say it really isn't very popular any more.

I have been thinking of doing a Facebook page purely for discussing ideas for Christchurch events.  Nothing else.  With events linked off that page.  Events seem to be one of the half decent features that FB has.

IDK what you guys think.  I think in the end we just have to get a group of cosplayers doing various things, and then word will get out.  Slowly.  Especially when the photos are posted.

I will quickly mention two ideas for events.  There is a new sewing cafe now.  We could all book the cafe and meet there one night a week, sat. Mornings, Sunday afternoons or something.  Then we have to make progress on our cosplays.  And people can ask for help.  Also there is an anime association in Ashburton.  Not cosplayers.  But people we associate with never the less.  And going to meet them would put us closer to Timaru for people from Timaru to come up.  They also have a hall that they can get cheap, as well as their usual cafe.  I will not be available for anything before the middle of July.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuro&Shiro. 13/06/13, 10:17 am

Hoh hoh hoh...
You and me both, I suppose, too much stuff, not enough time...
I think it's all a great idea, and I'm quite literally brimming with excitement at the prospect of meeting other people that enjoy the same things, I'm certain Shiro is too...
I have been thinking of doing a Facebook page purely for discussing ideas for Christchurch events. Nothing else. With events linked off that page. Events seem to be one of the half decent features that FB has. IDK what you guys think. I think in the end we just have to get a group of cosplayers doing various things, and then word will get out. Slowly. Especially when the photos are posted. wrote:
Highlander

-I remembered how to quote!!! Yay~!!!- 
Great idea! ,_, Facebook-less though... But still, a good idea, and so long as everyone actually physically gets together and has a good time, then I'm all in...
Also, if a sewing-wise meetup is managed, that would be fantastic! I don't know about Shiro, but I can only manage a noticeably wobbly line of stitching, so it would be  fantastic if everyone could share tips and tricks at the meetup...
About the closer to Timaru idea, I personally think it's a cool idea, but on that same note, Shiro and I are both tied down till middle July as well at the earliest, (concentrate on school ,_,) and both of us are really new to cosplay compared to others, (confession time) and I have decided to not sew any cosplays till school holidays, (concentrate on the increasing pile of schoolwork) so there are these piles of fabric and other materials lying around, 'glaring' at me menacingly whenever I trip over them...
Anyhoo, anyone who is in Chch and reading this thread, just keep an eye out for any opportunities of a meetup or any notifications...
~Kuro
[CHCH] Cosplay meetup? Vocalo11
Oh, and, P.S; Highlander, *waves back and smiles innocently*
Kuro&Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 13/06/13, 04:05 pm

The only reason I suggest FB, which I hate, is that people are on FB, and very few come on CNZ any more.  I prefer CNZ myself.  I think it's easier and better organised.  But the last SPCC Neimhallie would have had only about two people turn up to the Christchurch one.  As soon as I put an event on FB we had 11 or so, with about actually 7-8 turning up on the day.
PS. The special children's Christmas Party is coming up before Christmas.  A chance to use cosplay as community service.

I popped into the Make Cafe today to sort some parts for my machine.  They are at 355 Riccarton Road, near church corner/bush inn.  There is parking out the back.
TheMakeCafeWebsite
They have a cafe on one side of the building, and a little crafty sewing shop on the other side.  In between there is a sewing room with three sewing machines/small cutting tables, and one other table.  So pretty small.  There is a small table in the fabric shop with a few chairs, where you can bring drink/food from the cafe and sit around and talk and hand sew, etc.  The main sewing room is available free of charge on several conditions. 1) Shop hours only,  9am-4pm Mon-Wed, and Friday, 9am-9pm Thursday, 10am-5pm Sat, 10am-4pm Sunday.  (I personally have Saturday from 1:45pm and Sunday 12-2pm.) 2)We need to book in advance 3)Unless it is already booked for a class or another group.  4)Probably only once a month or so, as we can get it for free, but we can't hog the room, and they need it to earn money teaching in.  5)It's not going to hurt to buy some supplies from the fabric store or something from the cafe.  Not compulsory, but make them feel it's worth offering this service if they make a little bit of money back on it.  Especially if you use their machines, needles (which wear out), heating, etc., for free.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuro&Shiro. 14/06/13, 08:52 am

Oh Hey! I heard about the Make Cafe and it sounds really cool. It's actually quite close to where I live so I will have to make time to check it out :p I like the idea of a fb page and I have a few other friends who might possibly be interested so as long as we had some set dates. Kuro and I would be free almost all of the school holidays (12th July to 29th July) and most weekend as well :) 

Public stuff and community service <3 would be great to do! A way of making people happy AND having fun! I think the idea of getting around and maybe fundraising or contributing to a cause by cosplaying will definitely be awesome Very Happy I'll try to convince some of my other friends to take part and hopefully make it more interesting :p

What dates and places do you think would be suitable for a meet up? Thanks again for all the interest =u=

soz for not being on more :c Thanks Kuro for laboring in my absence xD And for using my Kaito *ira ira-suru*

:byebye: jyaa :p

-SHIRO<<<<< owo
Kuro&Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 14/06/13, 03:47 pm

Have a look and see what you think of the sewing room, etc.

I am not back in the country until the 13th.  Say available from the 15th-.  If school holidays are till the 29th, and Uni holidays are over,  I don't work atm.  So any time 15-29th for a little meet and greet I guess.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuro&Shiro. 15/06/13, 01:21 pm

Aye, maybe just sort out the details nearer to the time...
If anyone has any interesting ideas, feel free to contribute them!!
~Kuro
Kuro&Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuro&Shiro. 04/07/13, 02:00 pm

All right. I'm just bouncing ideas off other people...
But, wouldn't it be epic if maybe a general CNZ or cosplay outing thingy could be arranged to Timaru?
Timaru is a really cool place and has amazing photoshoot locations (eg: Centennial (can't remember le name ._.") park and I have contacts to be allowed a photoshoot on a school's unique grounds) and... Yeah... I'm sure I'll remember the other reasons later...
Maybe not soon, but it would be cool...
~Kuro
Kuro&Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post By monochromaticsky. 04/07/13, 04:36 pm

...I would totally come if i had the money and the time open...*curses uni/school* i'll definitely be keeping my eye on this chat/post >3< (KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK~)
monochromaticsky
monochromaticsky
Le grande

Number of posts : 170
Transforms into : Tyki Mikk~
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/maylee.mclisky

Post By Highlander. 13/07/13, 08:45 am

Um, so somewhere between now and the 29th? And preferably sometime outside of work hours?
If we have this at the make cafe then they are open Thursday night till 9pm and the weekend.
Purely a meet and greet/discuss at this stage.

Thoughts?
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuro&Shiro. 13/07/13, 03:53 pm

Yup-idy yup yup yup! Whoopie!
Let me just take a brief moment to quickly to celebrate,
~~~~~It's the holidays~~~~
Ok. Done now.
I shall confer (right word? 0.0) with Shiro tomorrow and try to sort things out (my brain is confuzzled).
I think thurs would be the best option but I (personally) am a noob when it comes to work hours, but I was imagining mayb 6 or 7pm to whenever we finish? I'm not sure, asking Shiro tomorrow, will probably book before the time anyway.
Speaking of tomorrow (Sunday 14th July), we will be test running some wigs at the toy fair thingy at Pioneer Stadium from about midday, so if anyone happens to see two casual-cosplayers zooming around, it's most likely us.
~Kuro
It's holidays, whoop! -curls up in a corner rocking back in forth chanting 'holidays. Anime. Cosplay. Holidays. Anime. Cosplay... Etc-

Last edited by Kuro&Shiro on 13/07/13, 03:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My brain is tired. =_________=)
Kuro&Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuro&Shiro. 14/07/13, 12:16 pm

SHIRO IS BACK, BABY!!! WOOHOO!!! (apologies for the excessive caps) Hey guys, sorry I've been lame-o and not online at all for what feels like years. I got a new record of 41 unread emails and like 50 Facebook notifications. Haha. So I'm definitely still willing to do the meet up and I think Make Cafe would be a rather safe place to do that (*hey Mum I'm gonna go meet in a dodgy alley at night with people I met online, k?*). I really do need to get some projects done. I'll have a chat with my parents and see if one of them could take Kuro and I. My Dad is off work all next week, but I can try and arrange a time this week (unless walking to the cafe is out of the question) since I live relatively close.

Looking forward to it! (Be back with more info and possibly a date/time)

~SHIROOO

P.S Kuro and I are pretty flexible with times and dates so if there are any changes that need to be made, that's fine ;)
Kuro&Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuro&Shiro. 14/07/13, 12:51 pm

Highlander wrote:
Um, so somewhere between now and the 29th? And preferably sometime outside of work hours?
If we have this at the make cafe then they are open Thursday night till 9pm and the weekend.
Purely a meet and greet/discuss at this stage.

Thoughts?

I just asked my parents about the meet and they said any time next week is great. I suppose it's just whatever is best for you, MichelleTheCow, oujihime and even monochromaticsky if they are all still up for it. Basically just any time next week :)

Since we have to book, I guess I could email them and set a day and time (when we decide) for a group (assuming we don't have to pay :$)
Thanks again guys for the intense interest. Very Happy

~Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 14/07/13, 08:31 pm

It's a cafe/shop. For a simple meet and greet we don't have to book or pay anything. But ordering a drink or snack each or buying sewing supplies would be expected, (unless we all fit around the small shop table). If we want to use the sewing room as a private meeting place, or because we want to use the machines then we do have to book. It's a small cafe, so if we want to turn up with 10 people then a booking may still be appreciated.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuro&Shiro. 15/07/13, 04:43 am

Oh ok ;) Thanks for the explanation, at least I know we don't have to book hehe. Perhaps the 25th or the 27th at this stage since they seem to be pretty easy times. Just so there's no pressure on time we could try an afternoon thing.

So yeah, just a meet and greet for now ;)

~Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 15/07/13, 12:34 pm

So maybe Thursday 27th 7pm till whenever (9pm) or Saturday 29th from say 2pm till no later than 4pm? So working people can attend?

What do people think? Shiro, you can edit the first post to include a poll.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuro&Shiro. 15/07/13, 03:31 pm

I think Kuro and I can try the 7pm... Saturday would be a little easier because of magical curfews that appear when anything involves me being out after dinner. :/

I added a poll but I guess, from what I can see, it's just us 3 anyway. I'll speak to Kuro again since the dates are kind of set and post some sort of a something here soon-ish.

~Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 16/07/13, 03:32 am

Well we could just say Saturday, and post it as such. And whoever wants to make it can. I have other people I can ask too.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Kuro&Shiro. 16/07/13, 06:15 am

Ok then :) It would be great to have more people come (Kuro and I need some wise influencing when it comes to cosplay) and it will be awesome to finally meet other cosplay-friendly people Very Happy

Thanks for not being all "Ew. Children. What." And saying you'll meet up with us. I'm looking forward to it! Saturday it is!

~Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Kuro&Shiro
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

[CHCH] Cosplay meetup?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum