Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Slinky's Sketchbook] diary of a bishonen

Go to page : Previous  1, 2
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: [Slinky's Sketchbook] diary of a bishonen
Post By Tails. 26/02/13, 12:59 pm

omg those wings!! THAT DOLL D:
Tails
Tails
L

Number of posts : 3004
Transforms into : a Vulpix
Registration date : 2008-10-06

[Slinky's Sketchbook] diary of a bishonen - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TailsCosplay

Post By chiken_skratch. 26/02/13, 03:21 pm

that Garry wig looks amazing!!! You've done so much progress! I need to get my butt moving lol
chiken_skratch
chiken_skratch
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 606
Transforms into : somebody more useful
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down
http://cosplayfromskratch.deviantart.com

Post By slinky. 15/03/13, 10:25 am

@Tails- thanks Very Happy

@chiken_skratch- I love my Garry wig! it's so fluffy. haha naw, I just get ansty when I don't have things to do

anyhoos, some progress I guess

I finished up most of Killua cus. . let's face it, his cosplays are dirt easy haha. I deliberately made his outfit chunky and shapeless, which was weird since I'm used to fitting things nicely. But I look like a little boy at least!

Spoiler:

and with fully working short pockets <: since he's almost always putitng his hands in his pockets xD couldn't make the costume with out them~

Spoiler:
slinky
slinky
Superman

Number of posts : 257
Transforms into : a spinning top
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 15/03/13, 10:53 am

Christ that is adorable.
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2070
Transforms into : The Goddamn Batman
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down
http://Personified-Insanity.deviantart.com

Post By slinky. 20/03/13, 12:43 pm

@PIe- you're adorable

and some work on Sesshou~

I've made and lined the under kimomo
Spoiler:

and started painting the red patterns on his sleeves. I opted to smudge the patterns, like the textures in the manga, instead of keeping them a clean line like in the anime.
Spoiler:

slinky
slinky
Superman

Back to top Go down

Post By chiken_skratch. 20/03/13, 11:37 pm

I love how much effort you put into the under kimono even though you'll only ever see tiny strips of it, great cosplay dedication, lol. And those painted sleeves!!! Very well done and I like how you smudged them instead of the straight lines. You are going to be one hot Sesshoumarut though, both appearance and body temperature wise haha
chiken_skratch
chiken_skratch
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By slinky. 03/04/13, 12:38 pm

SUDDEN PROGRESS

I remade the sleeves Razz because I'm a horrible perfectionist like that ( that and I actually screwed up but shhh ) Also I swear it's a nightmare to paint on white. Anyhows, the top kimono is all nicely lined and finished~

The sash is done, all hand painted and made it out of 9 parts. It's completely fake because. . for the life of me I have no idea how a double tied bow WITH particularly painted parts would be tied.

And the poofy pants have 2 metres of interfacing sewn into them, so they stay poofy Very Happy

Spoiler:

I played around a lot with his black armour. At first I was using this orange foam/wetsuit like material. I was sealing and spray painting it, but in the end the paint job cracked, and ended up being really stiff and annoying :/ I was also paranoid the black would rub off on all the hardwork I'd done on the white kimono ;;

So, I went back to my favorite fabric store, and found this weird black, gridded foam stuff! I biased around all the edges, and man, it looks 100x neater than the orginal paint job on my other armour :'D
Spoiler:
slinky
slinky
Superman

Back to top Go down

Post By brunetteyes. 03/04/13, 03:06 pm

^ oo the black foamy stuff looks excellent! and the kimono is looking gorgeous! good on you for lining it as well!
brunetteyes
brunetteyes
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post By Seakittens. 04/04/13, 12:19 am

Hey slinky, what's that foam stuff and where'd you get it? I'm thinking about alternatives for my bad armor haha
Seakittens
Seakittens
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 522
Transforms into : Ranka~!!
Registration date : 2011-07-05

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/xSeakittens

Post By chiken_skratch. 04/04/13, 02:44 am

The kimono and it's patterns look really really good. The flowers inside look really even and from the photo the colour look even at well. The bows fake??? Well it doesn't look like it lol.
chiken_skratch
chiken_skratch
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By slinky. 04/04/13, 02:42 pm

@brunetteyes - thanks!! Lining can be such a drag, but it’s worth it in the end haha

@Seakittens - Ohgod. UM. In Napier we have this store called Arrons Emporium ( I think Welly has the equivalent called Pete’s Emporium? ) and basically it’s a shop that sells EVERYTHING. And since they sell everything, they don’t bother to actually name their rolls of fabric Razz
Honestly, I was just really lucky in finding it, and I kind of doubt they’d sell it elsewhere. .

but here’s a close up of it

Spoiler:

so it has this kind of gritted pattern on it, with a thin sheet of foam between the two gridded sides.

What have your made your armour from? Because I would suggest either using craft foam, or styrene ( since I know Welly sells it and it’s super awesome stuff )

@chiken_skratch - thankyou!! and man, you would not believe how much stuff I fake on my cosplays haha
slinky
slinky
Superman

Back to top Go down

Post By slinky. 23/05/13, 09:24 am

doing the last few things for Sesshou vwv

I finished all his spikey armour, which is bolted and velcro-ed to the black kendo armour. It ended up a little bit heavier than I orginally planned it to be so. . whoops.
The shoulder piece below is made from foam, paper mache, clay spikes ( the thing that added the weight gdi ) and layed with gesso that I snaded back until smooth

Spoiler:

and some pictures of Tenseiga~

it was made with a cardboard base, wooden dowel, masking tapped, gessoed and sanded till smooth.

Spoiler:
slinky
slinky
Superman

Back to top Go down

Post By slinky. 22/06/13, 11:05 am

I'm off to AX in less that two weeks! And I'm in the middle of finishing Levi from Titans for it : )

I borrowed the jacket off Icarus, however am making the full harness and probably some boot covers. I used about 10 metres of this vinyl strapping stuff, and still didn't manage to make the full harness! I'm just missing the leg straps, buuut since the boots cover that, I'm giving it a miss haha.

Anyway, I have mad respect for the designer, he pretty much contructed these outfits so they're fully functional irl. I discovered that pretty much every strap holds up something when I thought it would slip off~

Spoiler:

still not quite done, need to buy some more snap locks.

I thought of making some kind of tutorial after, just to show how on earth I dressed myself in it and where to sew what parts.
slinky
slinky
Superman

Back to top Go down

Post By slinky. 25/07/13, 04:34 pm

I managed to survive my first ever AX! Most of what I did and saw are on my FB page and tumblr, but I'll say a few words on here too I guess vwv it was MASSIVE, I was really impressed with the guest line up this year, and the cosplayers and photographers I met and made friends with where just lovely. I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE MEH.

This was my line up for the 5 days vwv ( I did Killua twice ) I picked really simple outfits since I just wanted to take everything in and enjoy myself for the most part. If I get the chance to return next year, I certainly want to take more detailed ones!

[Slinky's Sketchbook] diary of a bishonen - Page 2 AX

I haven't sewn since I got back home, but I have been playing around with make up. Really it's only been this year that I've taken make up more seriously I guess, and after looking at all the American cosplayers and being slightly inspired, I decided I need to put more effort into it vwv

If you ever think you might not suit a character, just remember that makeup can do wonders!!
Spoiler:

on a side note I'll be cosing all those boys Preview/Ball/Saturday during Auckgeddon
slinky
slinky
Superman

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content