Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

That was fun! And Sad...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: That was fun! And Sad...
Post By JVCA. 28/07/08, 04:08 pm

Hira wrote:
Admin wrote:
OMG! YOU'RE THE LAMBO!? BEST LAMBO OF MY LIFE~!

That just made my day! Thank you~ n.n

And you were the Dark right? I saw you and I ended up remembering random parts of the anime that I watched oh so long ago xD;

...and now I just remembered the end. NOOOO. T____T

I swear you people have a wig tree to something. Where are you guys getting your awesome wigs?!

Yup, he was Dark~ :3 And lol, ignore Jen's cosworx bashing. We (Alex and I) get ours from cosworx - we just ordered the year's worth of wigs all at once so we could combine shipping. n_n;;;
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

That was fun! And Sad... - Page 3 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Post By Auroa. 28/07/08, 04:30 pm

its like the whole "one mans treasure is another mans junk" or whatever
one persons amv is gonna be loved by people and hated by others, same for cosplays.
You can't please everyone, but unless you were aiming to do so, then you shouldn't worry about that.

Physical appearance shouldn't stop anyone from cosplaying, and I really hate to see that it does/can, despite the fact that the persons cosplay can be amazing or you can tell that they were having fun (until then.)
I'll rant all I like about it... it annoys me Suspect I just want to try and encourage cosplayers to not worry about such comments and to try and cosplay again =3

/rant ... for now...
Auroa
Auroa
Can't brain, has case of dumbs.

Number of posts : 4962
Transforms into : ૮◠ᴥ◠ა
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post By Duckeh. 28/07/08, 04:34 pm

I seriously still feel really bad that something I said could've made someone upset... Why is nobody telling me off? D:
Please.

Gah.
c.c'
Duckeh
Duckeh
GOD of all things EPIC

Number of posts : 6842
Transforms into : YO BUTT.
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down
http://www.duckeh.com

Post By Auroa. 28/07/08, 04:41 pm

Maybe cause no one knows what happened? If you were even talking to her or actually Krista? In any case it was as a joke right?
And you've already said you're sorry.
Its just unfortunite that it had happened after that horrible remark... bad timing...
Auroa
Auroa
Can't brain, has case of dumbs.

Number of posts : 4962
Transforms into : ૮◠ᴥ◠ა
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post By Duckeh. 28/07/08, 04:43 pm

D:
But I feel bad... She's obviously upset about it regardless... &&&& Someone should yell at me.
x.x
Duckeh
Duckeh
GOD of all things EPIC

Number of posts : 6842
Transforms into : YO BUTT.
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down
http://www.duckeh.com

Post By Pura. 28/07/08, 04:58 pm

BAD DUCKEH!!! DON'T JOKE ABOUT THESE THINGS!!!! ;D

Seriously, I know about all this crap. Complaining about someone's cosplay, etc. etc.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By Sonic Reducer. 28/07/08, 06:08 pm

So I just joined the forums after partaking in another DO, and doing a silly little cosplay (which I mostly just did for the hell of it). Anyway I was impressed by alot of peoples costumes and came across this forum so decided to join.

With that out of the way in terms of the Misa costume I loved it, and its sad, and sadly to be expected that even in this subculture which is generally looked as being outcasted anyway, that there are some that still outcast other, not say that has happened by anyone here as I was not witness to any of that incident or any sort of incident the whole day, but have seen it at times at armageddon, when all that should be the worry is to congratulate them for having the confidence to get up there and do something they evidently enjoy, no matter how they look or how bad their costume may be even.

As for the whole event it was great from what I saw, though I did hear more instances of artists not getting along which is sorely disapointing being one of the volunteers there and having something that i know the dedication people had to put there for a friendly community of artists to get together and get along and then have some nasty attitudes ruin some peoples good times. To me the event was not even to show off your art, but to have a good time amongst others in the same realm as you. Oh well. the good did outweigh the bad atleast
Sonic Reducer
Sonic Reducer
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 675
Transforms into : Your mother
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jesuschristpose

Post By creature124. 29/07/08, 12:08 am

Well said, Sonic Reducer, well said.

DUCKEH! DON'T MAKE JOKES THAT CAN RUIN PEOPLES DESIRE TO COSPLAY, KAY?!?!?!?!!!!!1!one!1

XDXDXDXD That enough yelling for ya? I can think up more if you would prefer.
creature124
creature124
Winner of the Keen Designer Award

Number of posts : 1948
Transforms into : Trollmon
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post By Kitten Slave. 29/07/08, 01:12 am

Naughty duckling. Dont do it again.

XD
Kitten Slave
Kitten Slave
forum prisoner.

Number of posts : 2977
Transforms into : A horny school girl.
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post By jpwise. 29/07/08, 01:46 am

LOL, Duckeh's all right, just hyper at times. Razz

On the actual negative comments (not from people on this board who will give friendly jibes even if you don't know you're their friend yet Razz), it's the people that make random un-informed comments that are the idiots. You get it in everything. They're the people that either say something just for the sake of saying something and trying to sound intelligent, or the ones that say something negative to someone 'else' because they have no respect for anyone or what goes into a cosplay.

My fav line which I have no idea where it came from.
"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
jpwise
jpwise
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down
http://gallery.of.geek.nz

Post By Hellagoddess. 29/07/08, 02:27 am

Duckeh wrote:
D:
But I feel bad... She's obviously upset about it regardless... &&&& Someone should yell at me.
x.x

I'm sorry Duckeh - I didn't mean to stress you out - I think it just came at a bad time and I took it completely wrong :) So, I won't stand for someone telling you off! haha Very Happy

I didn't mean this thread to turn into a big thing about me and the crap time I had - I mean there were times during the day that I really enjoyed being in cosplay and having tons of fun and so forth - perhaps I will try again at Aucklageddon :) I've already got an idea for who i'd like to go as.

As for my best memories from Doujin 2008 (since that's what the thread is pretty much about rather than mai dramu...) I would have to say ~Triggerman gushing over my costume and just being really excited that I was cosplaying Misa, and ~GDD also being quite ecstatic that I'd brought up a painting from Hamilton specially for her but actually did in the car on the way up... (long story)- I then got a picture in return that she spent a good hour or so on, just for me Very Happy So that was pretty damn awesome!
Hellagoddess
Hellagoddess
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 48
Transforms into : Note
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down
http://hellagoddess.livejournal.com/

Post By jpwise. 29/07/08, 02:30 am

LOL, yeah I'll definitely have to think about going up next year. I suppose if I book tickets far enough in advance they should still be cheap. How far out do they announce the dates?
jpwise
jpwise
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down
http://gallery.of.geek.nz

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content