Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Go to page : Previous  1, 2
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2
Post By Selphiroth. 05/06/11, 08:10 pm

So many spoilers for XIII in the entire post.

Spoiler:
Selphiroth
Selphiroth
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 552
Transforms into : Swiss army knife with a flash light
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By yummas. 09/06/11, 12:43 am

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/09/ffxiii_2_team_interview/

article from E3 \No snow Confirmed and also YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
yummas
yummas
Almighty

Number of posts : 393
Transforms into : the one the only STEAK
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post By DarkGaia. 16/06/11, 02:53 am

NO Snow? ;_;

Yes I despised him but.... You know, poor Serah -.-;
DarkGaia
DarkGaia
Superman

Number of posts : 264
Transforms into : Ceres. Phuket in Thailand YEAH 8D
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post By yummas. 18/06/11, 04:41 am

and no more siccor cycle NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOo~!!!!!!!!!!!
yummas
yummas
Almighty

Back to top Go down

Post By DarkGaia. 02/07/11, 04:41 pm

yummas wrote:
and no more siccor cycle NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOo~!!!!!!!!!!!

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Page 2 21673

We will all find a way to manage without it TT~TT, WE MUST BE STRONG D8
DarkGaia
DarkGaia
Superman

Back to top Go down

Post By Sorien. 03/07/11, 08:55 am

Ahh, the joys of Square Enix. Let's Copyright claim a trailer, free advertising of our game.

Also, while I somewhat disliked XIII, I think it's not too far gone to be redeemed. That being said, if the sequel heads down the same path... there's no hope for that series left.

Do it right SE or go home.
Sorien
Sorien
Le grande

Number of posts : 164
Transforms into : Superbio man?
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post By yummas. 03/07/11, 10:27 am

One thing I don't think people seem to understand about the whole linearity of the first 20-30 hours of XIII's story is that they were ON THE RUN, so there really was no point in turning back as they would get caught and there for end the whole story, I guess you could say something about how they could move more freely (open world) to avoid the troops but the whole of cocoon was a fortress filled of humans and troops, also another reason is because it was what the fal'ce wanted them to do as the only time the ever do anything not want by the fal'ce is at the end (literally right after the boss fight ). Its just annoying to see people hate on a game that was great with the story it told (except the stuff with hope that was just boring) and the Titan trials and trophys/achievements (only if you didn't sell anything) , that's just my opinion
yummas
yummas
Almighty

Back to top Go down

Post By DarkGaia. 07/07/11, 02:39 am

yummas wrote:
One thing I don't think people seem to understand about the whole linearity of the first 20-30 hours of XIII's story is that they were ON THE RUN, so there really was no point in turning back as they would get caught and there for end the whole story, I guess you could say something about how they could move more freely (open world) to avoid the troops but the whole of cocoon was a fortress filled of humans and troops, also another reason is because it was what the fal'ce wanted them to do as the only time the ever do anything not want by the fal'ce is at the end (literally right after the boss fight ). Its just annoying to see people hate on a game that was great with the story it told (except the stuff with hope that was just boring) and the Titan trials and trophys/achievements (only if you didn't sell anything) , that's just my opinion

I don't see why people complain about the linearity FULLSTOP.

I mean, yeah the start of the game was kind of boring (except for that EPIC opening sequence ;D) but once I got the hang of paradigm shifts I was having a blast.

And as for the story? It was an awesome concept, would have looked great on paper... but whoever was in charge of executing it should have been fired. It took me SO LONG to figure out what-deh-heeeeell was going on, and when I did figure it out, I was surprised by how simple it was.

I ended up reading into the Datalog one night and I was like "WHOAH, WHOAH... WHOAH, I'M SO CONFUZZLED RIGHT NOW" because their was an awesome mythology that went with the game, thus justifying all these FFXIII spinoff's and sequel(s?)
DarkGaia
DarkGaia
Superman

Back to top Go down

Post By yummas. 07/07/11, 09:07 am

The reason people complain about the linearity is because with most RPG's you expect a wide vast world to explore right from the start , though it may be limited at the time it is still big enough to explore and plenty of side quest are involved, that could be one posibility. On the other hand their ethier Trolls or really nostalgaic fanboys/girls that are afraid of change among their favourite gaming series, yet as the saying goes the more thing change, the more they stay the same
yummas
yummas
Almighty

Back to top Go down

Post By DarkGaia. 08/07/11, 03:37 pm

^ Exactly, and I'm not generalizing here but the people who usually regard FFVII as the best FF (not saying that it's wrong to think that, but this is just speculating on the majority) usually have something negative to say about the ones following after it.

For example.

FFVII- Everyone loved it.
FFVIII- Wasn't enough like FFVII.
FFIX- Wasn't enough like FFVII, and was too much like the SNES games.
FFX- Wasn't enough like FFVII, and was too long and suprisingly linear.
FFXI- Was't enough like FFVII, it was also, gawd forbid, an MMORPG O_o
FFXII- Wasn't enough like FFVII, and was TOO open.
FFXIII- Wasn't enough like FFVII, and was too linear, fast paced, and easy (although most of these complainers never tried fighting Long Gui did they?)

It seems FFXIII got the most bashing BECAUSE it was so different to what fans were used to. It seems all they want is A TRILLION remakes of FFVII, but they'd then complain the remakes are not the same as the original FFVII, It's impossible to please these people =-=
DarkGaia
DarkGaia
Superman

Back to top Go down

Post By Aoide. 09/07/11, 12:05 pm

DarkGaia wrote:

FFXIII- Wasn't enough like FFVII, and was too linear, fast paced, and easy (although most of these complainers never tried fighting Long Gui did they?)

Actually this is not completely true. Alot of people actually don't like FF VII, and there's alot of Final Fantasy VIII, and Final Fantasy IX lovers out there. Also about FFX, FFX is one of the most loved and poplaur of the series. People didn't dislike FF12, because it wasn't like FF7, but because the change of the usual Final Fantasy battle system, and alot of fans can't stand the character Vaan, and believe that the other characters were bland and were lacking in originality.

Also FF9 didn't sell as well, because fans believed that it had a strange and weird character design plan and it looked babyish, not because it didn't look like FF VII. Also look around the net, and look how much loved and adored FF6 is, FF4 and FF1, and those games came out years before FF VII was created.

Also people don't hate FF13 because it wasn't like FF7 as well. FF13 is disliked by alot of Final Fantasy fans, because it was linear and the voice acting was terribly bad and over dramatic, and the villains compared to past installments like Seymour and Kefka were rather lacking in excitement. Cid, and the evil old Emperor have been done before. It's not a unique stereotype. Plus, alot of fans think that the FF13 summons are rather cheesy.

And I'm not a nostalgic fan who won't play anything that isn't like FF7. And I love FF7, it's a childhood memory, and I've must of played it more than thousand times, but I also love FF5 and FF2, and they came out years before I was into Final Fantasy, also I love FF6, FF4, which came out before I played Final Fantasy, and FF10, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Warriors of Light, and Dissidia 012 and all of those are new gen Square Enix games, and PS2 generation.

But yeah, look around and see how many FF7 lovers love the other games, epsically FF6.

Last edited by Aoide on 09/07/11, 12:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
Aoide
Aoide
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 36
Transforms into : Pen- kleptomaniac
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post By Seakittens. 09/07/11, 12:14 pm

DarkGaia wrote:
^ Exactly, and I'm not generalizing here but the people who usually regard FFVII as the best FF (not saying that it's wrong to think that, but this is just speculating on the majority) usually have something negative to say about the ones following after it.

For example.

It seems FFXIII got the most bashing BECAUSE it was so different to what fans were used to. It seems all they want is A TRILLION remakes of FFVII, but they'd then complain the remakes are not the same as the original FFVII, It's impossible to please these people =-=

This seems quite biased. I think 7 was a great game, but as said above, alot of these games have a very large fanbase, especially 10 and 4. I personally liked 8 because of the character designs, story and graphics(at the time).

...VII would have been better for me if I hadn't finished it at level 30-something. It wasn't challenging.
Seakittens
Seakittens
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 522
Transforms into : Ranka~!!
Registration date : 2011-07-05

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/xSeakittens

Post By DarkGaia. 09/07/11, 01:01 pm

Sorry bout that, I guess it was a little bit biased of me to generalize like that >.>;;

But I don't see how the voice acting in XIII was bad, in fact, it was the best english dub I've seen for a JRPG.

I know Vanille's voice is perky, but other than that, I actually prefer to english voices to the japanese. Just my two cents.

And the fact they re-animated the mouth flaps for us shows that they really wanted to get the dub right this time.
DarkGaia
DarkGaia
Superman

Back to top Go down

Post By yummas. 09/07/11, 01:48 pm

Just one question, How was FF12 too open, everyone seems to hate that game where is the love for my precious baby,yes there was quite a bit of exploring to do, but that was where the fun laid, Honestly I spent hours on both exploring the world, Grinding and Hunting dem marks, also on a side note did anyone here ever beat yizamat, that guy was a mofo but totally slayed his ass
yummas
yummas
Almighty

Back to top Go down

Post By DarkGaia. 09/07/11, 01:54 pm

^

I tried so many times, but each time became tedious and before I knew it I was being nagged to get off the playstation -.-"

I'm replaying the game now, because we got a new memory card >_>;;
DarkGaia
DarkGaia
Superman

Back to top Go down

Post By Aoide. 10/07/11, 10:29 am

DarkGaia wrote:

But I don't see how the voice acting in XIII was bad, in fact, it was the best english dub I've seen for a JRPG.

I know Vanille's voice is perky, but other than that, I actually prefer to english voices to the japanese. Just my two cents.

And the fact they re-animated the mouth flaps for us shows that they really wanted to get the dub right this time.

It wasn't bad per say, it's just that SquareEnix made the game a little over dramatic. SERAH IS IN A CRYSTAL, SEEEEEERAAHHH !
sweatdrop

Hopefully they'll tone it down for the sequel. I'm actually really looking foward to the sequel, the only issue I have though is how Noel is going to up the front, and Serah is going to be behind him during battles while Noel protects her. Seems a little sexist. >:
Aoide
Aoide
Unexplanatory

Back to top Go down

Post By DarkGaia. 10/07/11, 01:48 pm

Sure it does, but Lightning was in that position with Hope though wasn't she? ;D > Maybe Serah will eventually become stronger and independent like Hope did, I dunno, that probably wouldn't too original but it would work 8D;;

But in any case, I actually despise the fact that Noel and Serah are being made the main characters. I mean, Serah was important and all, but Lightning was AWESOME 8| > and I have a theory that Noel is the male rendition of Fang.

In 2007, Fang was actually meant to be a male character, and Noel is wearing clothes that resembles her, CONSPIRACY o.O!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7UoUvqcXvs&feature=channel_video_title

NEW TRAILERRR
DarkGaia
DarkGaia
Superman

Back to top Go down

Post By yummas. 16/10/11, 04:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwAApxdxHE8

NEWTRAILER

YUGIOH CONFIRMED, also this kinda reminds me of TTGL in the sense now that lighting is gone so Serah has to step up to the challange. Hopefully this game will do well, I thinkit should although im a bit cautious with the whole QTE parts.
yummas
yummas
Almighty

Back to top Go down

Post By DarkGaia. 16/10/11, 05:09 pm

Meh, QTE's are fine if they aren't a pain in the ass.

Like God of War. Handles QTE's very well.
DarkGaia
DarkGaia
Superman

Back to top Go down

Post By Aoide. 17/10/11, 05:40 pm

yummas wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwAApxdxHE8

> Poor Serah having to loose her sister like that.

> Sazh's son looks so adorable !

> Glad that they're using the VA that they used for Kain Highwind in the DS version of FF4.

> embrace the terror Lighting's new rivial is extremely badass. thumbsup

> what the ? Is that Snow without his hat ?! His hair looks so strange without it.

> Serah is doing the girly run. Typical.

> Oh wow ! It looks like they're re-doing the Gold Saucer !

> ooooooooh Final Fantasy music theme ? Hope it's just as nice as FF8's Eyes on Me.

> Serah and Lighting met up again, isn't that showing a spoiler ? And she lost her battle to the purple man ?

> FF games sure love those promises when it comes to it's romances.

> Noel looks so romantic and dreamy.

> Lol things turning into zombies, somebody call Claire and Steve !

> Okay, I change my thoughts about Noel, he's a total jerk !

> Oh my..... Hope. He looks so brave, strong and grown up now.

(Overall thoughts,) well it looks like a huge improvement on the original, it looks amazing ! cheers

Aoide
Aoide
Unexplanatory

Back to top Go down

Post By Sorien. 18/10/11, 03:44 am

Good link. It does look better doesn't it? Call me skeptical, but I won't be holding my breath though Razz.
Sorien
Sorien
Le grande

Number of posts : 164
Transforms into : Superbio man?
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post By sakkaf. 18/10/11, 12:13 pm

Well I like it.

Spoiler:
sakkaf
sakkaf
marshmallow ninja

Number of posts : 926
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down
http://tinnyhouse.tumblr.com

Post By yummas. 23/10/11, 09:11 am

I had a bit of a chuckle at the noel yelling at snow.
yummas
yummas
Almighty

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content