Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Egging

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Egging
Post By seraphik. 02/11/10, 12:04 pm

Tails wrote:
Pura wrote:
... Why would you spent you day driving to a con and wasting money on eggs just to throw them at people? =__=

This. They call us losers? Gee, look at the productive things they're doing with their lives. Pitiful cowards that have to flee after insulting people. As far as I'm concerned, I hope they crashed into a pole after being distracted by us.

i couldn't've said it better myself!
seraphik
seraphik
transient mod of fury

Number of posts : 4598
Transforms into : a post-graduate
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 02/11/10, 12:15 pm

Given they were drive bys I suspect there was a txt call out and they were driving around up and down looking for people to egg.

I have forwarded this thread to Bill but he is currently in LA. I don't know if there can be anything done given they are not on site grounds but it may be something that can be brought up with.. someone. Local council? Site staff?
neimhaille
neimhaille
Armageddon Cosplay Contest Judge

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Tails. 02/11/10, 12:25 pm

seraphik wrote:
Tails wrote:
Pura wrote:
... Why would you spent you day driving to a con and wasting money on eggs just to throw them at people? =__=

This. They call us losers? Gee, look at the productive things they're doing with their lives. Pitiful cowards that have to flee after insulting people. As far as I'm concerned, I hope they crashed into a pole after being distracted by us.

i couldn't've said it better myself!

*bows*

But ya know, I'd rather be dressed up having fun than the people trying to ruin it.

Fun lovers > fun suckers
Tails
Tails
L

Number of posts : 3004
Transforms into : a Vulpix
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TailsCosplay

Post By Highlander. 02/11/10, 01:01 pm

neimhaille wrote:
Given they were drive bys I suspect there was a txt call out and they were driving around up and down looking for people to egg.

I have forwarded this thread to Bill but he is currently in LA. I don't know if there can be anything done given they are not on site grounds but it may be something that can be brought up with.. someone. Local council? Site staff?

I only know of the one car unless anyone else spotted another. I was just wondering if people had this happen other years? If so then bill should probably tell the cops. Rather hard to do much against one random incident, unless Hide managed to get the plate.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By jpwise. 02/11/10, 01:18 pm

In theory if anyone is hit by a similar situation it's probably sufficient to ring 111 on the spot, and ask for police giving them a license plate number. As it's an emergency number it's a free call even if you have no credit on your phone.

Throwing things from a moving vehicle at pedestrians is dangerous for a start, eggs aside, but in the eggs case, I'd hazard to say potentially having an object hit you in the eye at 50k's or more qualifies as sufficient to warrant calling the cops.

So for the record, if you happen to have it happen to you and manage to get the plate, give the cops a ring on the spot, then it's recorded, and (i'd like to think) if there are traffic cops in the area they'll come to see if the vehicle is still doing the rounds in the area aswell.
jpwise
jpwise
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.of.geek.nz

Post By rayjin. 02/11/10, 01:27 pm

and also not to make things worse there is always that 1/1000 chance that the egg they throw is one with blood and such other nasty things in them which can be more a health issues than simply the awkward case of having egg on you.
rayjin
rayjin
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 591
Transforms into : casual Sundays
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://rayjin12.deviantart.com/

Post By Li-Bai. 02/11/10, 01:32 pm

rayjin wrote:
and also not to make things worse there is always that 1/1000 chance that the egg they throw is one with blood and such other nasty things in them which can be more a health issues than simply the awkward case of having egg on you.
Double worse if you're allergic to egg, like me. :[
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2251
Transforms into : a lover and a renegade fighter.
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://li-bai.deviantart.com

Post By rayjin. 02/11/10, 01:38 pm

thats true wouldnt that make it attempted manslaughter????
rayjin
rayjin
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 591
Transforms into : casual Sundays
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://rayjin12.deviantart.com/

Post By Guest. 02/11/10, 02:05 pm

^That makes it sound a bit extreme.

The base fact is that security staff and/or possibly the police should at LEAST patrol Green Lane West...especially in the evening, since that's when most of the cosplayers leave and walk to their accomodation.

All we can do is hope that Bill understands the seriousness of the situation and pray he can coax the police (or the Geddon staff) to do something about it.

I was lucky enough to avoid all of this. I only got stared at by elderly women - one giggled, but kept it to herself. :]

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 02/11/10, 02:09 pm

rayjin wrote:
thats true wouldnt that make it attempted manslaughter????
Isn't attempted manslaughter like an oxymoron? Because manslaughter implies it was an accident but attempted means it was predetermined... eh. Well, if it resulted in death, then yeah, possibly manslaughter.
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2251
Transforms into : a lover and a renegade fighter.
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://li-bai.deviantart.com

Post By ai-scully. 02/11/10, 02:12 pm

....I remember having an egg thrown at me last year on the way to the bus stop. Or a water bomb. One of the two.
But something.
/procastinates

ai-scully
ai-scully
paoupu fruit

Number of posts : 425
Transforms into : Derp Rose
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://shelbicarp.tumblr.com

Post By Highlander. 02/11/10, 02:22 pm

jpwise wrote:
In theory if anyone is hit by a similar situation it's probably sufficient to ring 111 on the spot, and ask for police giving them a license plate number. As it's an emergency number it's a free call even if you have no credit on your phone.

Throwing things from a moving vehicle at pedestrians is dangerous for a start, eggs aside, but in the eggs case, I'd hazard to say potentially having an object hit you in the eye at 50k's or more qualifies as sufficient to warrant calling the cops.

I dare say we would have. But it was like out of the blue, we didn't expect them to circle the block and try again. So no plate, given they were going 50K.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Hannah. 03/11/10, 12:10 am

In a situation like this its best not to call 111 as it is an EMERGENCY number.

But there is another number you can call to report an assault, I can't remember it off the top of my head but its something like 555 i think? its to make a complaint instead of request emergency services ^.^
but yeah that was what we called when egged one Halloween
Hannah
Hannah
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 798
Transforms into : a shark yo
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Lumissne. 03/11/10, 12:57 am

Wow, never knew there were losers out there who do something so stupid .___.

I hope this doesn't happen at Chchgeddon next year, or else whoever throws those eggs is going to chased by a horde of katamari cousins...
Lumissne
Lumissne
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1047
Transforms into : Piphopopotamus.
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 03/11/10, 03:54 am

http://www.police.govt.nz/contact/report-crime.html

It is one of those borderline issues, the emergency number for all departments is not just for OMG Death!!! Situations. In fact when I was having all my trouble in the months after last AuckGeddon I was told by the phlebotomists (who had to come to me rather than me go to them) that if I feel that unwell I was quite in the right to call for an ambulance. It never occured to me that I could as I didn't think it was serious enough.

Anyway I shall be putting all those numbers into my cell phone with the appropriate name so that I can be properly prepared should this occur again.

I don't see it as an issue for Wellington and I doubt for Christchurch too given the locations. But this seems to be becoming some sort of nationwide problem.
neimhaille
neimhaille

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By azeria. 03/11/10, 08:18 am

Quote :
Emergency: dial 111

For anything that is happening now or has just happened, and
people are in danger, or
property is in danger of loss or damage, or
a crime is being or has just been committed and the person or persons who did it is/are nearby, or
there is a major public inconvenience.
Read more about the Emergency 111 service

Quote :
Non-emergency: phone or visit your nearest Police Station

See station phonebook, map of stations

To report incidents or crimes that have already happened sometime in the past and a rapid police response is not likely to affect the outcome
or for routine enquiries.

....this is really hard to judge. Since a crime definitely is being commited. I guess if it looks like the people were making round trips or whatever I'd probably call 111.

That totally sucks that this happens, I've never had stuff happen in Wellington. Guess when I go to AuckGeddon I'll be sure to get a good zoom camera, pen and paper. And have those numbers stored in my phone.
azeria
azeria
ACB Queen '10

Number of posts : 3226
Transforms into : Rinatron
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://azeriacosplay.tumblr.com/

Post By Highlander. 03/11/10, 10:20 am

Hannah wrote:
In a situation like this its best not to call 111 as it is an EMERGENCY number.

But there is another number you can call to report an assault, I can't remember it off the top of my head but its something like 555 i think? its to make a complaint instead of request emergency services ^.^
but yeah that was what we called when egged one Halloween

No, you call 111. You want a police car now so they can catch the people now. It is up to the police whether they have the spare units to do so. Emergency? It may be a marginal call, but ring 111 and make it the polices job to make that call. Our taxes pay for them to make that call.

The reason they say not to ring if you don't need help now is because of all the idiots who think 111 is the only number they have for all routine inquires, or the police are there to help with everything under the sun.

*555 is the traffic hotline, which is basically like ringing 111 anyway. I just call 111 on the rare instances I need to.

I have been on the ambulance for years, only resigning this year. So I would reassure people, like Neimhalle, that the emergency services are there to be used when you have good reason. Ambulances are even used as a taxi for people who are bed bound. I mean who else are they going to ask to transport them? Sick people make up most of the work, not accidents. Just call 111 and the operator will triage the call and assign a priority. Even if they reassure you you can stay at home you still get a medical trained person to come and take a look with their own eye. Heck, I had a special number to the control room, and still called 111 often enough. Hey if you don't answer the phone, and I need you, I call 111, then you have to answer.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 03/11/10, 10:26 am

I may just contact the Auckland police about it with a link here to ask for advice. Preparedness is all important!

Oh and if anything like this happens on the grounds? Get a blue shirt person if you can or if you know anyone working the show let them know. Also the gentleman who runs Trinity Treasures (Kiwi Kal El on the 'geddon forums) he is an ex-cop so knows a lot of this stuff. I may ask for advice from him too.
neimhaille
neimhaille

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 03/11/10, 10:38 am

Someone should really ask hide about the photo. I'll do that now.

And thanks Michaela for doing this for us.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Minato_mori. 04/11/10, 02:30 pm

nice to see some justice being done.
i think it's a downer and mental inconvenience when one
only has this time to costume up and god forbid if anyone would have got
hit. some respect would have been appriciated u.u thanks H.L and N.H
Minato_mori
Minato_mori
fraggle rock

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 04/11/10, 03:50 pm

I have sent an email to the police, with a link to this forum. I've written that no one wants to call 111 because they don't want to tie up the emergency line but that it does seem dangerous to be throwing eggs from a moving vehicle. I asked for advice on what to do should this happen again and how to report what has already happened.

Any reply I get will go straight here.

I know just how much work goes into those costumes. I know my own Samara is close to $1000 in base labour* (which I didn't have to pay having made it myself ;) )and raw materials. To actually commission it would have been even more.

And reading forms and online progress I know that is not out of the ordinary. Sigh. As written above there are people who not only don't give a hoot about other people's property but will actively try and ruin it.

*i.e. not including the stuff ups which accounted for another 100 hours or more of work...
neimhaille
neimhaille

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By RainbowMoonDust. 05/11/10, 03:14 pm

I know that the people I was staying with, Glenn included got egged, more than once I think. Luckily for me I was not with them at the time and I didn't get egged once. It's sad that this happens, I hope nobodies outfit or day was ruined because of some idiots stupidity. sad It's good to see that something is being done about this, hopefully those bastards will get what they deserve! nodnod If something like this happens to me, to my contest cosplay at AuckGeddon 011 I will RAGE! Because said outfit will be fragile and difficult to wear/move in, if anything happens to it blood will be shed most violently. angry
RainbowMoonDust
RainbowMoonDust
fraggle rock

Number of posts : 1480
Transforms into : Goddess of mischief
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://rainbowmoondust.livejournal.com/

Post By neimhaille. 10/11/10, 02:40 pm

I got this reply today:

Quote :
Good morning Michaela ,
Concerning your e mail re the people throwing eggs from their moving motor vehicle.

The best course of action is to note down the registration number of the vehicle and a description of it eg Red Ford Falcon as well as any description of the occupants of this vehicle.

You can then report it to your local police station for follow up enquiries or phone 571 2800 - this will put you into the general queue at the Communication Centre.

This will not affect any 111 calls.

The people that are doing this probably think it's funny, but we both know that any items thrown from a speeding vehicle can inflict pain and harm.

If you need anything further please contact me on my direct phone line.

And looking at the phonebook this is the closest station to the ASB arena:
http://www.police.govt.nz/district/phonebook/sid/76
Quote :

Eastern Area HQ (Greenlane)

Auckland City
111 Great South Road, Greenlane
Remuera
Private Bag 28 905
CR51501
Phone:
(09) 302 6400
(09) 520 5549
Fax:
(09) 520 5546
neimhaille
neimhaille

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By sakkaf. 10/11/10, 11:07 pm

You'd think with the amount of people actually going to the event, there'd be at least ONE policeman?
sakkaf
sakkaf
marshmallow ninja

Number of posts : 926
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://tinnyhouse.tumblr.com

Post By jpwise. 22/11/10, 01:19 am

Sounds like the idiots are still about.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sideswipe/news/article.cfm?c_id=702&objectid=10689192

Second article down - more people being egged. With any luck some publicity will see the cops being a bit more vigilant about it in auckland, although by the time Auckgeddon rolls around next year (plus the world cup) they'll probably have forgotten about it again. .. :/
jpwise
jpwise
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Egging - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.of.geek.nz

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Egging - Page 2 Vide