Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Models for cosplay shoot?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Models for cosplay shoot?
Post By alix. 19/09/10, 02:00 pm

Hey, so for those of you who don't know, I do a photography paper at Massey in Wellington, and I am doing it on cosplay.
However... I only have a few photos I took at Au Contraire at the moment and I really have a lot to do!

I was hoping some of you cosplaying Wellingtonians would be keen for some studio shots of your costume/s while at the same time being in my project! I'm looking at a really basic studio set up with whatever props your costume or entails, or none if that's the case.

I would also be keen for random shots in costume outside the studio - I still need to case places out, but I was liking the idea of doing really normal things in costume (like doing the dishes etc, but making sure it works with the costumes.. ie nothing draping in the sink lol).. my project is all about characters and identity you see.

So yeah, hopefully there's some interest! I kinda left this a bit late cause I'm too shy to ask. But then I realised that if I don't ask there's no way it can happen at all lol.

Really ANYTHING would be helpful. So if you can model in any way, let me know. In return for digital copies and at least a print I would say :)
alix
alix
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Models for cosplay shoot? Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Models for cosplay shoot?
Post By Guest. 20/09/10, 01:37 am

In!
I have very few good pictures of most of my costumes.

I'd be keen for some slightly surreal domestic scenes with my Lizzy Swan (me in the red in my avatar). Maybe some down by the harbour as well Very Happy
You took some of my Xena at Au Contraire but some action shots with that would be awesome. (at least I'm pretty sure it was you.)

I'm free weekends and some evenings.
I'll ask my sister marian (the blonde super-bubbly girl at AC) if she's got time too. She's generally keen for anything but is often busy.

Back to top Go down

Post By azeria. 20/09/10, 02:00 am

oooo possibly be in if I can make it/mother lets me =]
azeria
azeria
ACB Queen '10

Number of posts : 3226
Transforms into : Rinatron
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down
http://azeriacosplay.tumblr.com/

Post By alix. 21/09/10, 10:07 am

u_ne_korn wrote:
In!
I have very few good pictures of most of my costumes.

I'd be keen for some slightly surreal domestic scenes with my Lizzy Swan (me in the red in my avatar). Maybe some down by the harbour as well Very Happy
You took some of my Xena at Au Contraire but some action shots with that would be awesome. (at least I'm pretty sure it was you.)

I'm free weekends and some evenings.
I'll ask my sister marian (the blonde super-bubbly girl at AC) if she's got time too. She's generally keen for anything but is often busy.

Hey! Yes that was me Very Happy And that all sounds good to me. That would also be great if you know of anyone else who would be keen, as the more the merrier and the more shots I can get lol.

I have to get a decent plan worked out and check when I can book out the studio etc.. Also for inside shots, well I live in a very inadequate flat especially kitchenwise, so you wouldn't happen to know anyone who lives in domestic bliss? Perhaps you do? Razz Really just a non tiny kitchen and somewhere that looks halfway towards being an actual home.

So let me know if you can rope in anyone else, having everyone together, at least for some studio shots would be a lot easier. And yes, I shall plan! And very soon get back to you with some solid dates/times and we can sort out stuffs.

Thanks so much!

azeria wrote:
oooo possibly be in if I can make it/mother lets me =]

Awesome! Just let me know if you can and when etc.
alix
alix
Unexplanatory

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 21/09/10, 02:45 pm

I'm definitely in! I have a couple of outfits I'd like to get photos of if you don't mind doing more than one? Otherwise hell, I'm keen for just one! :)
Static
Static
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3584
Transforms into : HULKSMASH
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down
http://www.little-noise.com

Post By Tails. 21/09/10, 02:59 pm

I can help! I'm in Wellington almost every weekend, and God knows I have too many cosplays to choose from. Very Happy
Tails
Tails
L

Number of posts : 3004
Transforms into : a Vulpix
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TailsCosplay

Post By alix. 22/09/10, 05:24 pm

Ah brilliant! And yes, more than one costume would be more than sweet.

Unfortunately the studio plus all the equipment I need is totally booked out for this weekend (arrrggghhhh ><), but I have booked some studio times on the following Saturday and Sunday (2nd & 3rd Oct) in the desperate hopes people may be free. I can hopefully get more during the week if that suits anyone :)

I have a camera for this weekend however if anyone is keen to let me photograph my other idea which is kind of domestic scenes but in costume.. not too sure how it'll work as portable lighting is something I can't deal with at the moment lol. HOWEVER could still be cool. And weather permitting, outside stuff would totally be possible.
Disclaimer on this however would be that I have no idea how it would go. So I would hope to get something awesome but I really don't know until I try.

I'm also very keen to photograph you guys actually working on your costumes (if you are currently, or maybe just pose like ya are Razz). I thought it would be cool to have a shot like that, followed by a flashy studio shot ala the finished product.

But yeah, let me know as exact as you can what times in the next 2 weeks or weekends work and I will book whatever I can find to suit.

TO SUM UP: If you're free this weekend and keen for some experimental possibly awesome photos (plus crafty shots) then let me know Razz
alix
alix
Unexplanatory

Back to top Go down

Post By Tails. 22/09/10, 05:28 pm

Whoo! I'll be in Wellington on the 2nd and 3rd Very Happy Where's the studio n stuff?
Tails
Tails
L

Number of posts : 3004
Transforms into : a Vulpix
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TailsCosplay

Post By Guest. 23/09/10, 02:48 am

Free the second and third.
I'd offer my house for domestic scenes but it's a pigsty.

Back to top Go down

Post By alix. 23/09/10, 07:00 pm

Oh wicked, that weekend is sounding good then for the studio.. Which is at Massey Uni on Wallace Street in Mount Cook Very Happy

@u_ne_korn Yeah.. that's pretty much the issue with mine, plus it's tiny. I'm thinking I'll need to hold off on that idea for this project and do it independently when I have actually sourced a decent place, or places. The advantage living at home would give -___-

At the moment, being insanely behind with everything.. I'm really thinking just studio and ideally some shots of you guys working on a costume (real or set up). I don't think that part would take long at all. It would also be achieved with just a camera.. which is all I have this weekend.

So if I can photograph something being made/worked on, whether staged or not, this weekend... it would very good. Like literally come by your house, take up probably half an hour of your time, and then leave. I will be ETERNALLY in your debt.

FB me? https://www.facebook.com/aliceypuff
alix
alix
Unexplanatory

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 24/09/10, 12:08 am

Friended you!

I think I can squish you in this weekend. Sunday would work better coz I'm juggling a bunch of stuff on Saturday. Flatmate (you haven't met him) will also almost certainly love to be photographed working on cosplay - ie sitting in a pile of his own trash in his corner of the living room. (I hate flatting with boys.)

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 24/09/10, 04:04 am

Im free on the 3rd, not sure about the 2nd though! Also, on the domestic scenes thing - have you seen Cao Fei's work with cosplayers? She did something quite similar, I think the overall work was called 'Utopia' or something. She's a Chinese artist, and has some interesting concepts goin' on :)
Static
Static
Souperman.

Back to top Go down

Post By Kitten Slave. 24/09/10, 04:19 am

Rofl, Cao Fei is hilarious!
whee
Kitten Slave
Kitten Slave
forum prisoner.

Number of posts : 2977
Transforms into : A horny school girl.
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post By acidpinkbunny. 24/09/10, 05:06 am

Ohh ohh I'm in Wellington and from now am free pretty much most of the time.
I would LOVE to help out with this if I can!
I have some finished costumes yet to be photographed around and I'm in the process of making another three so I'm happy to do progressy shots too if you needed.
I love the idea of doing the dishes in cosplay XD This project sounds great.
acidpinkbunny
acidpinkbunny
Tophat

Number of posts : 141
Transforms into : Rush Recklessly
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post By alix. 24/09/10, 08:00 am

u_ne_korn wrote:
Friended you!

I think I can squish you in this weekend. Sunday would work better coz I'm juggling a bunch of stuff on Saturday. Flatmate (you haven't met him) will also almost certainly love to be photographed working on cosplay - ie sitting in a pile of his own trash in his corner of the living room. (I hate flatting with boys.)

Thanks, that would be great! Sunday is sweet. I'll fb message you and find out where to go Very Happy Haha yeah.. I just live with my bf and it's enough that it won't be happening again.. at least until he's grown up some lol.

Static wrote:
Im free on the 3rd, not sure about the 2nd though! Also, on the domestic scenes thing - have you seen Cao Fei's work with cosplayers? She did something quite similar, I think the overall work was called 'Utopia' or something. She's a Chinese artist, and has some interesting concepts goin' on :)

Ah okay, well it's good you're free for one still :) That's why I booked two, like it'll be good to have a back up shoot but also in case people can't make one of them. No I haven't but thanks for mentioning! I just had a quick look now and I see what you mean. Always good to have another artist model hehe.

acidpinkbunny wrote:
Ohh ohh I'm in Wellington and from now am free pretty much most of the time.
I would LOVE to help out with this if I can!
I have some finished costumes yet to be photographed around and I'm in the process of making another three so I'm happy to do progressy shots too if you needed.
I love the idea of doing the dishes in cosplay XD This project sounds great.

Oh awesome, that will help a lot! Are you free this weekend at all for me to take the progress type shots?
Haha thanks Razz I'm keen to do that once I have more time free to make it work really well.
alix
alix
Unexplanatory

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 27/09/10, 03:29 pm

Heyo - what times of day have you got the studio booked? :)
Static
Static
Souperman.

Back to top Go down

Post By alix. 28/09/10, 08:39 am

Excellent question. I have finally got around to checking them (forgetful as I am) and they are as follows:

Saturday 2nd: 5:30PM - 8PM
Sunday 3rd: 2:30PM - 5PM

Sorry that they are all late - they were the only ones I could get a hold of! Everything is so MEGA booked right now it is crazy.

Of course this is when I have it booked for.. it doesn't mean it will actually take that long! It's just precautionary.

**Also anyone available any time over the next two weeks for a spare half hour at their home would be fab - to get some shots of you in your own creating space to pair with the studio shots. I'm going to present them together Very Happy**

Last edited by alix on 28/09/10, 08:41 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : emphasis xD)
alix
alix
Unexplanatory

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 28/09/10, 11:15 am

*calculates how many cosplays she can get into her backpack*

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 29/09/10, 02:49 am

Oh, damn...I don't know if I can make either shoot! I'm working right through the saturday slot and helping my boy move house on sunday - I WILL TRY THOUGH. I need to bully someone into doing my hair! *stress*
Static
Static
Souperman.

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 29/09/10, 03:06 am

I will bring my makeup stash, hair spray and hair-drier to the Sunday, still trying to juggle what I'm doing on Saturday to see if I can make that one.

Back to top Go down

Post By alix. 29/09/10, 08:09 am

It's okay! Just do your best to be there. I have the following weekend booked also as a back-up plan.. but that's reeeeally back up as it's 2 days before the whole project is due D:

I have also just found a slot on Monday 4th from 1:30PM - 4PM if anyone has not got stuff on during Mondays. If no one is free however, I shall unbook it.

Just keep me updated! If you are free any days of the week/evenings let me know and I will hunt for opening studio slots on those days also. Ditto on visiting to shot the doco images too.
alix
alix
Unexplanatory

Back to top Go down

Post By alix. 01/10/10, 08:15 am

Also, just adding... I kinda need to know how everything is going.

So if you can post with when you can come and what time that would be great. Also a time you have free next week in regards to costume making shots.

Thankies ^^
alix
alix
Unexplanatory

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 01/10/10, 01:15 pm

I'm not going to be able to make either weekend day unfortunately - I'm really sorry sad Just got too much stuff going on at the moment!
Static
Static
Souperman.

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 02/10/10, 04:01 am

Sorry about short notice, but can't make today. Will be there tomorrow though.

Back to top Go down

Post By alix. 02/10/10, 08:25 am

Ah nevermind, I know the times are odd and people get really busy. Can't be helped!

As no one seems to be able to come today I'm going to leave it, practice some more instead and bank on tomorrow. Bring as many cosplays are you want cause I'm thinking, less people, more time for different costumes.
alix
alix
Unexplanatory

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down