Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This... new Cosplay Cafe place...?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: This... new Cosplay Cafe place...?
Post By Rolly. 21/08/10, 01:58 pm

I can't remember, but they have a menu stuck on their window which you can view from outside.
Rolly
Rolly
forum prisoner.

Number of posts : 2918
Transforms into : a stylish shoe for the blind earthbender
Registration date : 2008-03-24

This... new Cosplay Cafe place...? - Page 5 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By chama. 23/08/10, 03:14 am

I went last Friday and we ordered the 'smoothies' which were iced and not at all creamy, oh well. The beer mugs were massive, not bad for $5 xD But not long after drinking, it gets overly sweet. We couldn't finish it in the end.
Spoiler:

We also ordered squid balls (takoyaki), that was nice. They also give you peanuts :) We asked to take photos of the waitresses/maids (they were really cute!!) but of course they said no.
chama
chama
Pinky

Number of posts : 13
Transforms into : a mango
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down
http://chama.livejournal.com

Post By JVCA. 23/08/10, 03:48 am

Dolei, your commentary was not appropriate for these forums and has been deleted.
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Post By Father Nightroad. 25/08/10, 11:27 am

hmmmmmmmmmmmm..... too bad. If only they knew that it would increase their patronage massively....... probably
Father Nightroad
Father Nightroad
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 617
Transforms into : MASTER CHIEF!!!!!..... or tres depending on how badass I wanna be.
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down
http://arthas1011.deviantart.com/

Post By Guest. 28/08/10, 06:57 am

I went in their with a friend a few days ago, not really good, plus it isnt that cheap because its in newmarket.

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 09/11/10, 01:28 pm

I went there twice with different people before Geddon.

First this is a Chinese maid cafe, not a Japanese maid cafe, or a cosplay cafe or a lolita cafe or anything else people have suggested on this thread.

The downstairs is not large. We asked about upstairs both days but received different answers each time. So unable to say much about it. Even Friday night at 9pm seemed quiet.

They have tables for four, which we pushed together. One wall has cute cat/people pictures, and some anime pictures. The other is plain except for a sparse painted design in places. There is a large bar in the corner. There is a back room for staff, but no door between, with the kitchen behind it, and the toilet way in the back. So seeing through to the back kinda spoils the atmosphere.

They had one waitress to start and two on starting at tea time. One cook and one male manager. The waitresses where in maid outfits one day, and a maid and a sort of butler outfit the next. Not the best outfits, as noted by other people, but O.K.. However the manager kept walking through the shop on the second day, and he was not in any uniform. So that also spoils the atmosphere big time.

The second day one waitress manned the bar, making drinks, and manning the till. The range of drinks is large, and probably somewhat similar to bubble tea? But also includes alcohol. The food menu is not bad either. The meals are large. Not a bad price either. Some interesting choices, including ducks bill.

The second waitress served the customers. O.K. it's a little hard to offer "maid service" if the customers are couples with eyes only for each other, or a group like ours talking amongst ourselves. The service seemed "adequate". They are clearly not aiming for Japanese style "maid service". They seemed young and inexperienced. And english was clearly a second language, some things took a little longer while they thought of what to say. When the waitress was not serving people, she stood at the back once, which due to lack of room was basically beside our table. After a while she just stood at the bar and talked to the other waitress, with her back to us. The killer for me was when she, ah ..., adjusted her outfit in front of me. Definitely not a "maid" moment, especially when she could have gone out back. On the plus side they were quick to serve us, and when they were watching they were quick to respond when we indicated we wanted service.

One bonus is they have a selection of board games, abet mostly in Chinese. Surprising how much fun they can be with a group of friends.

We did not ask for photos of the maids alone, but they let us take photos of us and the maids.

So the verdict. You would go in for the novelty of seeing people dressed as maids. The drink, food and the games are good. But the atmosphere and professionalism leads to a underwhelming experience, and leaves you with no reason to go back. Bubble tea is next door, and I'm sure you can find plenty of Asian restaurants with good food and service. Hopefully they get better, because they need more business, esp. repeat business, to survive.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By mystix-candy. 10/11/10, 07:50 am

Highlander wrote:

One bonus is they have a selection of board games, abet mostly in Chinese. Surprising how much fun they can be with a group of friends.

Especially when the murderer kills himself in cluedo.
physics, conBAM is smart x.x
mystix-candy
mystix-candy
forum prisoner.

Number of posts : 2542
Transforms into : 5th Generation Anti Shadow Suppression Weapon
Registration date : 2009-07-25

Back to top Go down
http://mystix-candy.deviantart.com

Post By RainbowMoonDust. 10/11/10, 08:28 am

Quote :
Highlander wrote:

Especially when the murderer kills himself in cluedo.
physics, conBAM is smart x.x

That was funny, way to go Glenn, a surefire way to win! rofl Razz

But yeah this was a Maid cafe NOT a Cosplay Cafe. The Maids were cute and I loved the anime artwork on the walls (I should post my pictures) and the food was nice, the board games were a good idea too. But the Maids do need to be involved more with customers a little, what they really lacked was atmosphere so the place was not overly exciting, interesting though, however not what I expected. 8/
RainbowMoonDust
RainbowMoonDust
fraggle rock

Number of posts : 1480
Transforms into : Goddess of mischief
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down
http://rainbowmoondust.livejournal.com/

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content