Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Am new here From Christchurch

Go to page : Previous  1, 2
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Am new here From Christchurch
Post By Rocky. 11/07/10, 01:46 pm

Welcome =D

I quite often wear bits of my cosplays around home, like, I'm wearing the jacket I made recently for a cosplay at the moment. Because it's so waaarm *A*
Rocky
Rocky
Winner of the "Wait, what did he just say?" Award

Number of posts : 1656
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Am new here From Christchurch - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Am new here From Christchurch
Post By Highlander. 11/07/10, 02:03 pm

denodan wrote:

Also think it is silly how Rules that Amagedon have like 70% of the costume must be hand made, how rediculous. What is wrong with a totally bought costume? Sure they may no be always accurate but whats the deal, the costume must be made or heavly ultered. Don't the judge on creative costume design?

I guess one answer is that if it is a costume manufactured by costumes inc., then it's their creativity being judged, not yours. If you wish to enter it's with your costume, you model yourself. There are other competitions (steampunk? fashion, etc) where people design and make, others model. At the end of the day in a competition there has to be an agreement on what costitutes an entry. And in cosplay that's it. (Also note they are an Armageddon comp, not a CNZ one.) But do enter the cosplay parade if you want, or just cosplay.

Also the Christchurch Cosplay Club runs 11 events a year outside of geddon, none of which even require you to wear cosplay, though many people do. Just check out the links I provided earlier.

denodan wrote:
One thing, how many here enjoy wearing their costumes around the home when not working, like weekends? Is it common?

I'm sure some do sometimes. I certainly wear historical garb or cosplay to and from events (gas station, supermarket, etc), less the swords and wigs of course. I may not change out of them immediately on returning. Heck at Canterbury Faire the SCA spends 8 days in Garb. We also have private meet ups, including in town as well as the offical once a month club meets. Some wear them to school dances and other school days. However the costumes may be constructed to a lower standard than professionaly made clothes for everyday wear. Some are just impractical. And after making them yourself or paying good money for them then people often want to look after them. I have used my cloak pin on blankets when cold, and walk around in a cloak in public!

PS. There is a cosplay ball in August.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Am new here From Christchurch - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Am new here From Christchurch

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Important :: Introductions-