Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hair Growing Time

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Hair Growing Time
Post By Rikku. 04/06/10, 03:38 pm

YES. I are going to grow hair in a pot beside my bed! 8D No. Kidding. =P
But all the same. How long does it take for your hair to grow?
.. That question doesn't make any sense on it's own. o.o Lemme put it another way.

How long does your hair grow, on average, in a month?

Mine own hair has grown 12cm in ONE PHYSICS YEAR. One whole damn year, and it's only grown 12cm. I get half of that cut off every time I go for a trim. x.X;;;;; -Rantspazangryness-
I used to have quite long hair, down to the small of my back, when I was younger. Mum used to brush it for me. I complained one day that she was being too rough and that it hurt, so she whacked me over the head with the backside of the brush, got the scissors, held me in place and cut it all off. DDx Sosad.

Since then, it has never grown back quickly.

What about everybody else? How long does your hair grow in a month, and what bad cutting experiences have you had? =O
Rikku
Rikku
marshmallow ninja

Number of posts : 937
Transforms into : Sephiroth! <3
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Hair Growing Time
Post By Blooberry. 04/06/10, 03:48 pm

My hair grows about 2-3 cm per month
:3
Not good for back when I had my hair dyed, though. sweatdrop

I got it cut a while, much shorter but now it's about the same length as it used to be~

I remember, in year 5-6 me and lizzi got our hair cut real short, she looked like donald trump xD lol
Blooberry
Blooberry
lucky*

Number of posts : 1191
Transforms into : SAUSAGE MAN
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Tails. 04/06/10, 03:50 pm

I have no idea how quickly mine grows, but when i was...8 my nana cut me a mullet. I may have been young, but I knew how horrible I looked! Wah.
Tails
Tails
L

Number of posts : 3004
Transforms into : a Vulpix
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TailsCosplay

Post By Winds-Of-Despair. 04/06/10, 03:53 pm

I think mine grows about 3-4" in 6 months, but I'm not quite sure..

Let's just say I didn't get a proper hair cut until the end of year 8 and then I get one kind of like every 1-2 years. I don't go to hair salons that much because I'm not a people person

Winds-Of-Despair
paoupu fruit

Number of posts : 436
Transforms into : Rattrap....the transformer not a mouse trap >___>
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 04/06/10, 03:55 pm

The normal rate of growth for hair is 1cm in a month Razz It's how you tell how long you've had lice, should you find their eggs in your hair!

Mine seems to grow pretty slowly, but I've read that everyone has a "terminal length" for their hair. Beyond that, it just...doesn't grow? I'm not sure I believe this.
Static
Static
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3584
Transforms into : HULKSMASH
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.little-noise.com

Post By sakuramiyabi. 04/06/10, 04:04 pm

My hair grows thick ... and fast ...
sakuramiyabi
sakuramiyabi
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3941
Transforms into : Melted pool of something
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down
http://sakuramiyabi019.deviantart.com

Post By Tails. 04/06/10, 04:18 pm

Static wrote:
Mine seems to grow pretty slowly, but I've read that everyone has a "terminal length" for their hair. Beyond that, it just...doesn't grow? I'm not sure I believe this.

I guess since your hair & nails keep growing after you die...you wont even know when you reach terminal length!
Tails
Tails
L

Number of posts : 3004
Transforms into : a Vulpix
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TailsCosplay

Post By Rikku. 04/06/10, 04:26 pm

Awh. I despair of ever having my hair long again. ;___;
Unless of course I get extensions....=O
How much do those things cost? $200-$400?

I envy you, kagerouhi and blooberry, for having hair that grows fast. I wish to steal your hair growth rate!! =O
Rikku
Rikku
marshmallow ninja

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 04/06/10, 06:16 pm

Static wrote:

Kind of applies to me...it seems a lot slower at least. But it must be because I keep trimming it. My hair has been mid back length for over 3 years. xD

On topic. My hair grows about 3-4" in 6 months. D;

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 05/06/10, 12:16 am

I read somewhere normal hairgrowth is about 1/2mm a day
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2070
Transforms into : The Goddamn Batman
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down
http://Personified-Insanity.deviantart.com

Post By sakkaf. 05/06/10, 02:29 am

My fringe hasn't grown back yet...>.>
sakkaf
sakkaf
marshmallow ninja

Number of posts : 926
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down
http://tinnyhouse.tumblr.com

Post By Shinjitsu. 14/06/10, 06:53 am

I like to keep my hair short nowadays, but generally mine grows up to an inch a month, though I trim it myself constantly [at least once a month]... don't know if it has anything to do with conditioning/shampooing either since I only wash my hair every second/third day [would that be considered gross? it's healthy enough lol]. Hmm.... this reminds me, I'm about due for a trim >_>
Shinjitsu
Shinjitsu
seXAH <3

Number of posts : 86
Transforms into : Bankai! o.O
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Shinjitsu.Jounetsu

Post By Vahnen. 14/06/10, 07:00 am

My hair grows about 20cm every 6 months
Vahnen
Vahnen
Banana

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Anaria Zar-Rel. 28/06/10, 03:04 pm

I used to have really long hair in high school, down to my bum. Cut it off to my shoulders in 7th form. It had got to the point where it seemed like it just wasn't getting any longer. Wellington 08 I had cut my hair to shoulder length - it's now mid way down my back (with a few trims since then). So, about 30cm in 26 months? So yeah, about 1-2cm a month I guess. I know some people can grow their hair much faster though, wish I had hair like that...
Anaria Zar-Rel
Anaria Zar-Rel
Banana

Number of posts : 122
Transforms into : spending too much on her credit cards...
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.anaria.co.nz

Post By Guest. 28/06/10, 03:11 pm

My hair grows pretty quickly. I cut it from mid back to like, my ears, boy short lol. Time to watch it grow again~

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By firecat70. 29/06/10, 02:21 pm

I cannot tell. I thought it was growing painfully slowly until my friend straightened it the other day and I discovered it goes to my mid-back at its longest point. Amazing! (My hair has never been this long, it's such an adventure)
I can't keep track of it because once I wash my hair/get it wet it curls up tighter, then within a week or so it looks way longer because of the oil weighing it down. The I wash it and it looks shorter.
firecat70
firecat70
lucky*

Number of posts : 1117
Transforms into : a dinosaur
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.scoodasaurus.com

Post By Yunca. 02/07/10, 04:30 pm

mine takes ages to grow, i had blonde through my hair for over a year 0.0 had to wait ages till i could cut it out.

i had a funny hair cut experience when i was little my grandma took me to the hairdressers for a haircut and she told the woman to cut all my hair off..... since my hair is straight and curly underneath and she thought if my hair was all cut off it would grow back all curly.....
Yunca
Yunca
Almighty

Number of posts : 346
Transforms into : a Panda
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiipanda2.deviantart.com/

Post By Sailor Moon. 02/07/10, 04:52 pm

Oh man, dont get me started on hair x___________x

My hair was quite long when I was young, Very long from around 5yrs-12yrs old. Always in pig tails, People said i looked like Sailor moon because my hair was blonde up until 8years old. Then I decided I wanted to look like cardcaptor sakura when I was 13 and cut it all off. XD;; then around 15years old i grew it back long up until i was 18years old.

Two years ago, maybe 3 now, I had long black hair, very very long, Then i died it blonde, grew it some more, Had it in a bun quite alot, it was maybe about..2 inchs away from my bum, one day i got upset, because my ex broke up with me and he liked my long hair, So I got scissors and cut it off, shoulder length. Died it black again, went ''emo'' (lol ^^;;) Then decided to go blonde again, I went to the hairdressers, she died it for me and all my hair came out. I cried and cried so much, After a few weeks, I died it brown, then black again, About 6 months down the track, I decided to dye my hair blonde AGAIN and I used supermarket product, My hair came out again, not as bad. Then I died it black, again, Then waited, This year i needed brown hair for my chun li cosplay, so i died my hair blonde, then went brown, I havent touched it since March XDDDD;;;
Ive taken a hairdressing course last year so I know not to dye my hair alot. lol, And ive learned how to cut hair, so i do my own hair. //Hates hairdressers who cut off to much hair when you said NOT to cut off THAT much!//

Hair grows around 3 inchs every year, but it depends on the person.
Mine grows around... 1 cm each month, maybe half of that, I use Sunsilk Longer and stronger (whatever its called lol) The black shampoo and conditioner and Im finding thats working, slowly, but Im starting to see, I have alot of sticky photos from last year and this year, and I compare it, So Ive noticed that way too.
I also think keeping my hair up in a pony tail helps it grow alot aswell, because hair DOES grow everyday/night, So i believe that if I tie it up, It might grow just a weee bit faster :)
But have a fringe, If you tie it all up, later in life, the fringe is the hair that goes sooner, I learned this at course. I'll have to show you all my books and notes one day Rikku :)
My goal is to grow my hair super long again <3 So i can do more with it ^.^
Sailor Moon
Sailor Moon
seXAH <3

Number of posts : 84
Transforms into : Chun Li xP
Registration date : 2010-03-03

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 03/07/10, 06:47 am

Hair does indeed only grow about 1cm/month, what makes hair seem to grow faster or slower also depends on how rapidly you shed hair etc.

Hair is also not living tissue, if it was you would be screaming at every hair cut. It's just protein strands.

Trimming doesn't make your hair healthier all it does is make it shorter. Biggest myth ever. If you are growing your hair don't get it trimmed. But do take care so that you don't damage the ends! A good hair dresser will tell you this. If they make you keep coming back they want your money. I know. I have a hair dresser for a mother and she's helping clients grow their hair and losing money because of it ;)
Use shampoo only on the scalp and conditioner only on the ends. It prevents the ends getting too dried out and the scalp overly oily. When you rinse the shampoo out that is enough to clean the ends.

Towel dry and air dry don't use heating products as they dry and damage hair.

I like a nice bristle brush for day to day and I do use either a very good TIGI or similar wide bristle brush to detangle after washing and I do like a couple of leave n conditioners. One os Kersatase Anti-Snap. Can't recall the name of the other but it is Wella nd comes in little bottles.

For products you really do need to hunt and find what works best for you but I do find the thicker the conditioner the better. My faves are almost the consistency of thickened custard.
neimhaille
neimhaille
Armageddon Cosplay Contest Judge

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Mischa. 03/07/10, 10:54 am

My hair seems to grow fast, but my is it oily! I try not to brush my scalp because it makes my hair look like BP worked on it. There seems to be many products for dry hair but not oily. Sometimes I skip the conditioner.
Mischa
Mischa
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1045
Transforms into : GRIMDARK
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.doublestitch.co.nz

Post By Rikku. 09/07/10, 06:34 pm

=O I forgot about this threeeeeeaaaad!! I sorry. xDD;;;;

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one whose hair grows so slooowlyyyy.

Chun Li, xD I look forward to reading your notes and books.. xD Be good to get some info on the awesomeness of hair. ^^

neimhaille, Thankyou for saying trimming doesn't make it healthier. o.o I've often wondered how the ends of hair can affect it from growing, when it grows from the top, rather than extending from the bottom, y'know? xDD I haven't been to the hairdresses in about a year. I've been getting my friend to cut it. But I shall stop!! 8D See how long I can get it from now to next year. ^^

I cut my fringe the other night, at about 2.30am. xD I was bored and wanted to see how quick it would grow out, so I could see how quick my hair grows. Strange idea, I know. But I'm in love with my new fringe. xD
We shall see. ^^

<333333333
Rikku
Rikku
marshmallow ninja

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Junko. 11/07/10, 11:18 am

Recently got it cut from butt length to upper back. Will be back to butt length in 6 months at the most probably
Junko
Junko
Yellow Camaro

Number of posts : 307
Transforms into : With a sniper. Wanted for attemped murder of Suzumiya Haruhi
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.junkotan.deviantart.com

Post By Campy. 15/09/10, 05:58 pm

Hey, Most people's hair will grow about a cm in 4-6 weeks. Sorry people above who said their hair grew an inch a month but that's kinda not really possible. What will determine how FAST your hair grows is your diet and lifestyle, healthy diet = faster hair growth, stress = slower hair growth. Also, when you're growing you hair you still need to get it it trmmed regularly to take care of split ends otherwise the get worse and worse and you have to cut MORE hair off to deal with them.

Also extensions, There are a heap of different kinds of extensions, the easiest to deal with are clip ins, 'cos you can just take them out! Hairquip have a bit of a range of human hair extensins for 150 to 200ish... here's the link Very Happy http://www.hairquip.co.nz/?catID=99

Hope that helps...
Campy
Campy
Banana

Number of posts : 106
Transforms into : RETAILMON
Registration date : 2009-11-26

Hair Growing Time Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content