Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bleaching and Colouring your hair Tutorial WIP

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Post By Chiritsu. 06/05/10, 07:18 pm

It's been ages since i've been back in the cosplay forums and i thought i would quickly post something that i don't think has been done here yet.

I find that when bleaching my hair, because i am asian and have quite dark and thin hair, it can get very annoying just getting the right shade of BROWN, let alone any other colours on the earth
(for those who don't know, normally asian hair will go orange.. not a nice orange at that)

Over the few days (or weeks) i will construct a tutorial as such for hair bleaching / colouring / maintainence products since i find cosplaying to be more like modeling than anything else in the world (and it's fun duh! why else would i do it? and if you're going to spam/flame me about cosplay, please don't. I've been in cosplay long enough to have my own rights and opinions on the matter)

So lets begin!

Bleaching and Colouring your hair Tutorial WIP Lighterhair

For getting that slightly lighter shade in your natural hair colour, I would recommend something like NAPRO Palette Permanent-Colour-Creme

Products i find that don't agree with my hair are mostly the cheap ones that cost only $10-15 dollars (NZD) but strangely enough this product i tried out this time round worked really well for me.

The Chemicals in the Napro 10-1 Ultra light ash blonde for me, didn't take away so much blue from my hair which is what naturally would make it darker. With just yellow and red coloured particles in the hair, it's no wonder why my hair went this horrible orange colour last time! (red hair is cool, mangy orange is not! there is a fine line between sexy ginger and a ginger ninja)

Usually after bleaching my hair, i'll avoid any heat so the Ammonia can settle down and not discolor my hair any further than i want it too, plus using a little bit of leave in conditioner tends to help the hair follicles balance out their pH to normal.

this is just the start of the tutorial obviously lol..
any questions and things like that feel free to ask, and if there's any input, i'll be glad to update so we can have a collaboration as such for a tutorial ^^
Chiritsu
Chiritsu
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 46
Transforms into : Purin Dog's Purin Jelly
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Bleaching and Colouring your hair Tutorial WIP Vide
Back to top Go down
http://chiritsu.deviantart.com

Re: Bleaching and Colouring your hair Tutorial WIP
Post By Campy. 13/05/10, 03:50 pm

I'd just like to say, best bet is ALWAYS to see a pro :) - Not just because it'll be easier for you and you'll be more likely to achieve the colour you want, but because your hair will be much healthier afterwards. Bleaches and colours you'll buy in pharmacies and supermarkets have high ammonia (or substitutes) concentrations and this is nasty on your hair. Professional colours have less ammonia, and sometimes are ammonia-free nowdays.

Just sayin'... Not shameless self promotion or anything Very Happy

And yeah, anything marketed as 'Ash' will be good for killing the ginger. 'Ash' is hairspeak for blue, and blue counteracts orange!

I'm SO glad someone is doing this tutorial! Thanks Chiritsu! Hope you don't mind me throwing in my 2 cents worth :)
Campy
Campy
Banana

Number of posts : 106
Transforms into : RETAILMON
Registration date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 18/05/10, 05:51 pm

Nice work for getting your hair to turn nice brown shade. :3 I understand how it is with Asian hair and bleach that only turned your hair into bright ugly shade of shiny orange...OTL
Never knew about ash in hair dye colour terms.. I'll remember that for the next time I shop for hair dye kits. <3

I dye my own hair as well so this is a nice read for me. I usually have to dye my hair twice (over 2 weeks time, for the sake of not killing my hair) to get a shade of brown. My hair is thick and naturally wavy though, so it might explain why it needed several unprofessional attempts.

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Cosplay :: Wigs, Make-up and Crossplay-