Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dedicated Changing rooms for Cosplays

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Dedicated Changing rooms for Cosplays
Post By Willuknight. 21/02/11, 03:19 pm

NEW UPDATE:

The event organizers have said that they should be able to arrange to have the doors open for a limited period during the event, to be used by cosplayers exclusively.

I have proposed three opening times, 9-10am, 12-1pm, 5-6pm on both days. Depending on practicalities and volunteer numbers this may change, but it will be the aim.

I need volunteers for any of those shifts on both days, please say which if any you can do, or which ones you can't do etc.

I also will need volunteers to help with cleaning on the last day - this will possibly just involve a sweep, but depending on messiness of cosplays could include cleaning sinks, mirrors or toilets.

I will be working for Armageddon during the Wellington event, but I will take responsibility for the entire endevour and be the go between with cosplayers, event staff and Armageddon organizers.

If all goes well, this could become a permanent feature at 'Geddon's.

Updated main post.

Please reply if you can help out! We need at least one person for each time on each day, plus about 3-5 people to help with cleaning. If you can help out with multiple times, that is fine!
Willuknight
Willuknight
LEVEL UP!

Number of posts : 1288
Transforms into : Megatron
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Dedicated Changing rooms for Cosplays - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
http://willu.net

Post By Victorian Couture. 23/02/11, 11:59 am

My glass mask and chobits cosplay take awhile to get in to, due to all the corsets, hoops and buttons, so i'm not sure if i'd be of any help during the morning, e.g actively watching the door, i can help for saturdays 12-1,
Is the cosplay judging during the sundays 12-1? if so i can't help then sorry sweatdrop
i might be able to help sunday 5-6ish ^.^
Victorian Couture
Victorian Couture
seXAH <3

Number of posts : 93
Transforms into : neck deep in lace samples
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post By Willuknight. 26/02/11, 09:49 am

Judging is in the morning usually from 10am till 12pm or over.

Saturday 12-1 would be good anyway, will see if we can get any others for the other times :)

Just looking at the times the convention is open, once we see how many people we can get involved, I may rejig the times.
Obviously we don't need a 10-11 person on sunday with the judging going on, so maybe something after?

How does the following sound for each day:

10-10.30am (morning, get to geddon and put your costume on
1-2pm (lunch time, grab your bag and stash your costume maybe)
5.30 -6pm (home time, get everything to go home)

Willuknight
Willuknight
LEVEL UP!

Back to top Go down

Post By Victorian Couture. 07/03/11, 02:52 pm

so sorry for the late reply, I've just started my second week back at uni and i'm moving in to a different student flat cause i don't click with my two flatties, we may all be fashion students but i don't have anything in common with ether of them :sadcry:

I'm pretty sure I can turn up and help for all of those times ^.^ though depending on how far i've gotten dressed, i may not be so active in the two morning times, and maybe in the home times but it's far easier to undress out of a corset and hoop-skirt than to get dressed in it :p
but i know i can help no problem 1-2pm on probably both days, though other help would be awesome ^.^
Victorian Couture
Victorian Couture
seXAH <3

Number of posts : 93
Transforms into : neck deep in lace samples
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post By Willuknight. 13/03/11, 12:12 am

Cool, so we just need other people to chime in and help out if we want to provide this awesome service
Willuknight
Willuknight
LEVEL UP!

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 13/03/11, 03:08 am

I'll do the 10-10:30 on Saturday and the 5:30-6:00 on Sunday , if you'd like. =D
Pyro
Pyro
Winner of the Infinitely Quotable Award

Number of posts : 3934
Transforms into : Tik-Tok Tibenoch
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 13/03/11, 06:48 am

Just a small note, you may have noticed the change on the contest info that on the day any oversized costume pieces can be kept in the judging room. Between judging and presentation. There will be a ticketing system as there have been issues in the past of people claiming items that were not theirs- not for the contest! but in general.

Wellington is incredibly difficult to find a room to judge in, and we were looking into using this space ourselves. Please if you want to use this facility make sure you are all committed to it and make sure it is used. The judging will move to allow for it but we will be a little crabby if one of the better located/sized rooms is out of commission but not being used.

Actually off to email Bill about the other space now- there is an ideal space but it was used for storage last year. sigh.
neimhaille
neimhaille
Armageddon Cosplay Contest Judge

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 13/03/11, 10:12 am

I think judging should come first personally. Although that would still see it free Saturday?
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By Riven_. 13/03/11, 02:03 pm

I can do a lunch shift on one of the days and any other shifts that are still empty (I'd rather not do both lunch shifts ^^)
Riven_
Riven_
Advice Guru

Number of posts : 1961
Transforms into : The Procrastinator!
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down
http://crescent-fall.livejournal.com

Post By Willuknight. 13/03/11, 02:55 pm

neimhaille wrote:
Just a small note, you may have noticed the change on the contest info that on the day any oversized costume pieces can be kept in the judging room. Between judging and presentation. There will be a ticketing system as there have been issues in the past of people claiming items that were not theirs- not for the contest! but in general.

Wellington is incredibly difficult to find a room to judge in, and we were looking into using this space ourselves. Please if you want to use this facility make sure you are all committed to it and make sure it is used. The judging will move to allow for it but we will be a little crabby if one of the better located/sized rooms is out of commission but not being used.

Actually off to email Bill about the other space now- there is an ideal space but it was used for storage last year. sigh.

If you're going to do that on sunday, we could use it just for saturday.

I'm mainly trying to sort something out that will ultimately make cosplaying at Armageddon easier and allow for elaborate costumes.
I wouldn't have thought that changing rooms would have been considered for a judging room?
Willuknight
Willuknight
LEVEL UP!

Back to top Go down

Post By Riven_. 13/03/11, 03:01 pm

+1 to the idea of letting the judging have preferrence. How long would you need the room for for judging, though? If there was enough time, could there still be a one hour bracket at the end of the day for changing once the judging and presentation is finished?
Riven_
Riven_
Advice Guru

Number of posts : 1961
Transforms into : The Procrastinator!
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down
http://crescent-fall.livejournal.com

Post By JVCA. 13/03/11, 03:07 pm

Also voting priority to judging. :3
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Post By Willuknight. 15/03/11, 11:05 am

I don't think there's any conflict over the room. As I said, if people can use them to store oversized props during the judging then that's accomplishing what I wanted anyhow, and hearing that this room is being considered for the judging for the first time now is certainly not a problem considering that without the judging there wouldn't be a need for the cosplay storage.
Willuknight
Willuknight
LEVEL UP!

Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 16/03/11, 10:48 am

The rooms at Wellington are always a nightmare to sort. Just make sure to use it- the trial in Auckland a few years back failed (no one used it despite the room being staffed the entire day, and so that is why there has not been a concerted effort to get it going again.

It was an option for judging last year but the keys weren't available, a lot wasn't available... The ideal room is apparently not free either. Just waiting to hear back if the room at the top of the stairs is definitely available. Otherwise the rooms we were in last year will hopefully be free too.

Not a worry, just make sure to use it. Make sure to do your shift if you have volunteered so that you can keep it for next year and the year after and after that. If it means you can store props and such down there rather than in the judging room then that helps us as well.
neimhaille
neimhaille
Armageddon Cosplay Contest Judge

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post By Mischa. 16/03/11, 11:01 am

I think the most important thing is getting the word out that it's available - it would be fantastic if they could put a line on the 'geddon website.
Mischa
Mischa
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1045
Transforms into : GRIMDARK
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down
http://www.doublestitch.co.nz

Post By Highlander. 16/03/11, 11:04 am

Well a printed sign for cosplayers? Or we are just keeping to CNZ people in the know?
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Mischa. 16/03/11, 11:22 am

Highlander wrote:
Or we are just keeping to CNZ people in the know?

That would be pretty mean dude
Mischa
Mischa
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1045
Transforms into : GRIMDARK
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down
http://www.doublestitch.co.nz

Post By Pyro. 16/03/11, 11:40 am

Just wondering, but with regards to people supervising, I suppose we only let cosplayers in? :B At the beginning of the day, if people aren't in cosplay and intend to change into it there, then how do we know that they are cosplayers?

(I mean there's a common sense aspect to figuring these things out, but are we going to have any kind of thing like 'you must be able to show a costume on your person to enter'?)

In general, I think it'd be nice for me and the other supervisors to have a few more guidelines in place re: who to let in/what to do if there's trouble/etc.
Pyro
Pyro
Winner of the Infinitely Quotable Award

Number of posts : 3934
Transforms into : Tik-Tok Tibenoch
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 16/03/11, 01:43 pm

Pyro wrote:
Just wondering, but with regards to people supervising, I suppose we only let cosplayers in? :B At the beginning of the day, if people aren't in cosplay and intend to change into it there, then how do we know that they are cosplayers?

(I mean there's a common sense aspect to figuring these things out, but are we going to have any kind of thing like 'you must be able to show a costume on your person to enter'?)

In general, I think it'd be nice for me and the other supervisors to have a few more guidelines in place re: who to let in/what to do if there's trouble/etc.

If I make it there I will do a shift or two. And yes, if we don't sign it then how will people know. If we do sign it then who are we letting in. If we make it obvious then we will get everyone and their dog thinking it is a general powder room/bag drop service (which is not a bad idea, seem to remember ChCh having one once?).
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Willuknight. 17/03/11, 02:00 pm

I'm currently in the process of freeing up my geddon time - I don't want to work the entire event when there is no Christchurch for me to enjoy, so I will be able to be on call and available to help if any problems.

I'm thinking there should be a sign, that it be mentioned as Cosplayer Changing Rooms and that the people at the font deck can be told as well to pass on the info to any one who askes.

In terms of being a general bag drop, that's not it's purpose - it is primarily intended for cosplays as a way of making it easier for cosplays and encouraging people that want to cosplay.

Our saturday roster is looking good - we can take names for sunday and tweak or remove those should the room be needed for Cosplayers.

Pyro - in terms of there being more info, the main purpose of having someone at the door is a deterrent. I can't remember how exactly everything is setup but the idea is that they walk past you to get into the changing room. Knowing that there is someone observing there is going to deter people from any casual low risk stealing. We can't and won't guarantee people possessions during the times the doors are unlocked and at the end of the day there is a level of risk. HOWEVER If someone is especially worried they can always just make sure to be last in and first out with their stuff.

The other thing is that most costume costumes don't hold any value to other people. They can be bulky, fitted to someone else size and not suitable to anyone else. Having someone watching the door will stop any careless vandalism and no one's going to steal costume parts for a gag when they run the risk of getting caught.
Willuknight
Willuknight
LEVEL UP!

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 17/03/11, 02:05 pm

I'm not entering the contest, so I could do the 10-10.30 slot on Sunday. Question though - how are we getting the keys, and what do we do with them at the end of our shift?
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Willuknight. 17/03/11, 02:34 pm

I'm getting the keys, I'll be there at the start and end of the day as well

Theres probably not a lot of point in having the room open 10-11 on sunday, because judging will be taking place. More likely would be sometime toward the end of the judging and before the main stage event.
Willuknight
Willuknight
LEVEL UP!

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 17/03/11, 02:41 pm

I guess I could do the 1-2pm slot then. I would prefer 2-3 (I wanna see the John Rhys Davies Panel) but would 2-3pm be too late I wonder?
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Back to top Go down

Post By Willuknight. 17/03/11, 02:57 pm

I could make up a sign in/out book just so that we have a record of who has been using the room and what time they came in/out. etc.

If people wish for added security:

1) you could write a description of what you are leaving in the room e.g. "fluffy pink bag" and then if someone else tries to leave with the fluffy pink bag the door minder would be more likely to realize something is wrong.

2) people could have to show some sort of id, student card, divers license, so we know the full names of every one using the room etc.
Willuknight
Willuknight
LEVEL UP!

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 17/03/11, 03:02 pm

The only real safe way is to have items stored in an area only the minders have access to, and have a ticket system. But only if have the room to do that.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Dedicated Changing rooms for Cosplays

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next