Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Borderlands
Post By creature124. 02/11/09, 02:29 pm

This game is amazing. Seriously. It's like Diablo II, but with more quests and GUNS. LOTS AND LOTS OF GUNS.

And it's downright funny too - for example, I just picked up a quest called "Dumpster Diving, For Great Justice".

It amuses me to know that little 4chanism made it into the game 8D

Anyone else got it/drooling over it?
creature124
creature124
Winner of the Keen Designer Award

Number of posts : 1948
Transforms into : Trollmon
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Borderlands Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Borderlands
Post By Sheldawg. 07/11/09, 12:34 am

I've got the game, it's soooo much fun Razz

You on PC?
Sheldawg
Sheldawg
Le grande

Number of posts : 193
Transforms into : CHARMING GENERAL PERSON!
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Borderlands Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By creature124. 07/11/09, 02:09 am

iToasty wrote:

You on PC?

Naturally. Shooter + Console = Fail.
creature124
creature124
Winner of the Keen Designer Award

Number of posts : 1948
Transforms into : Trollmon
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Borderlands Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Le_Saboteur. 07/11/09, 02:54 am

creature124 wrote:

You crazy. Shooter + Console = Gold for those of us who are lame on PC. Namely, me.
Le_Saboteur
Le_Saboteur
lucky*

Number of posts : 1202
Transforms into : The Mare in the Moon
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Borderlands Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By CMKMStephens. 07/11/09, 02:03 pm

The only shooters I think I've ever enjoyed on a console were Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for N64.
CMKMStephens
CMKMStephens
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 634
Transforms into : Little Nellie
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Borderlands Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Sheldawg. 10/11/09, 01:56 pm

Honestly, I've kept off TF2 for a long time just cause of this game.

There are still many failspies and flamers who must be fragged.
Sheldawg
Sheldawg
Le grande

Number of posts : 193
Transforms into : CHARMING GENERAL PERSON!
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Borderlands Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Sonic Reducer. 11/11/09, 06:55 am

Played it and.....wow.... where are we going with gaming... "oh its a post apocolyptic future where everything is brown and dark and BORING". I don't mind this a few times but seeing thats pretty much the rule and not the exception for games now its actually made me give up on video games all together. after 20 years of being a gamer.. I have quit... Yes...it is borderlands fault.
Sonic Reducer
Sonic Reducer
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 675
Transforms into : Your mother
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Borderlands Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jesuschristpose

Post By Guest. 11/11/09, 08:31 am

dude, have you ever lived in a post apocalyptic future (totally not an oxymoronic sentence)? i think it's safe to say it'd be pretty brown and dark, what with it being
y'know
post apocalyptic and all. what would you want, rainbows and sunshine? from what i've seen, borderlands actually manages to stand out a lot more than say, gow 2 or fallout 3. it's 'illustrative' man, c'mon !!

unless your deal with the game is just that you're bored of post-apocalyptic settings in general, in which case you're clearly looking in the wrong place. there are loads of other games that aren't post-apocalyptic so honestly i don't know what you're complaining about.

also wow man you started playing games when you were three? that's pro C:

that aside, i haven't actually bought this yet, but it looks so awesome. dunno if i should go with this or dragon age, though. >___>

Borderlands Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Sonic Reducer. 11/11/09, 08:44 am

I started playing when I was 3 on my Amiga 500 (actually my dads to be fair but yea) Back in those days there was actually a market for kid friendly games so I played dozens of those, they don't really exist now though I do see them crop up from time to time however thats obviously not the point.

While sure there are more than just the post apocolyptic there (and yes my complaint is the over use of the idea rather than the fact the game is brown and dark) it's just evidence of how creativity has dried up in the gaming community. We have constant sequels and clones of other games that have already been sucessful. I understand its all money but yeah. This game and all its hype has just annoyed the hell out of me when its just so similar to dozens of games before it.

Sure I'm largely just old and bitter but I'm really just not interested in the 50 next halo games or COD's or Gods of War. I came from a different gaming era and this one has dried up for me. Believe me I do try. I grew up in the Tim Schaffer days (Monkey Island, Day of the Tentcle and Full Throttle) but Brutal Legend just annoyed me as well.

So while it's not SOLEY Borderlands fault, it was just really a final nail in the coffin that gaming no longer sparks my interest. I look at so many of the games out now and just see how terrible they are. The only game I am looking forward to in any sense is Heavy Rain.
Sonic Reducer
Sonic Reducer
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Borderlands Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 13/11/09, 06:09 am

coooool~ i wish my dad had been more interested in games when i was young.

but yeah
You're right though, there are a lot of games nowadays that are super similar to each other, but you can hardly begrudge developers for wanting to make games that sell well. tbh it really doesn't bother me that much anyway, because while I like an original idea just as much as the next guy, for the most part I like where games are at the moment. And besides, games that try to be different just for the sake of being different are almost as bad as games that copypasta everything.

Having said that though, there are still original games being made - Half-Minute Hero, Flower, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, to name a few from this year (also yeah Heavy Rain looks cool C:). There's probably a slew of indie games that are really imaginative, too. So sure, while unoriginal is more of a rule than an exception at this point, interesting games still exist. o:

+ i don't think it's really fair to call uncreative games terrible simply because they're uncreative. a lot of them are actually pretty ace - good writing, nice graphics, cool music, etcetera - they just aren't original.

Borderlands Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Sonic Reducer. 13/11/09, 11:39 am

I don't fault a game for being unoriginal perse but the writing as well hasn't interested me. Take Final Fantasy for example, essentially the same gameplay through out for the most part (minus things about how you level up or how magic is used... minor stuff) you travel the world and eventually fight the ultimate evil. but to me any of them after 9 were just awful. Now alot of people here will probably disagree with me. So yes, that is just my opinion.

The writing for the game in question is obviously bland. But the real problem to me is that it isn't even a very satifying shooter or RPG. The mass ammount of guns sounded great in theory but in the end for me became a hassle of interchanging weapons so frequently it just slowed the process down. In terms of shooting, there was not satisfaction in shooting the same guy over and over (and by same guy i mean a person who looked like everyone else you had just shot, yes this is always the case but seemed much more apparent to me in this game).

I'm not actually trying to attack the game and realise I came on very strong in my first post but gaming to me after being swept up in it for so very long has just let me down, theres only a handful of games around that I enjoy now and those have been ruined by the current console wars.
Sonic Reducer
Sonic Reducer
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Borderlands Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By RegnieRiku. 10/12/09, 12:48 pm

Sonic I am most pleased to read your comments. I happen to like the game but it's refreshing to see someone express their dislike using examples, reasoning, and most of all not just saying $h1t was the physics gay!!!oneleven lolololool. You are so right saying that too many games have been reduced somewhat in enjoyability by console wars. It's quite frustrating.

I think were I to play it single player I would loathe it intensely. it is repetative, bland, and a bit of a bore.
However I play split screen coop on PS3 with acidpinkbunny, and that is fun. Plus I think the ability to take your split screen game online and have 2 other people drop in and out works seemlessly too. I think that while shooters are better on PC, borderlands was definitely made for the console. Much more enjoyable in my opinion as a socialite hardcore gamer.
RegnieRiku
RegnieRiku
seXAH <3

Number of posts : 87
Transforms into : Some kind of sneaky witch thief.
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Borderlands Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Doughtnut_Bandit. 31/12/09, 06:43 am

creature124 wrote:
iToasty wrote:

You on PC?

Great to see PC elitism is alive and well :-P Shooters are just as good on consoles, it all depends on player skill with the controller.

I got it for console, I don't play shooters much I only have a couple and I think it's a great game. I especially love Clap Trap ^^
Doughtnut_Bandit
Doughtnut_Bandit
Yellow Camaro

Number of posts : 304
Transforms into : Some bounty apparently...
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Borderlands Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Big Nath. 05/04/10, 08:17 am

Is there anyone would wants to do the Underdome add on and that duel thingie ????
Big Nath
Big Nath
Soldier A

Number of posts : 6
Transforms into : Half naked in Timaru Pak n Save Car park
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Borderlands Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Frozon. 05/04/10, 09:03 am

im up for playing with someone through gareana?
Frozon
Frozon
Yellow Camaro

Number of posts : 310
Transforms into : Um CHCHgeddon 2010
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Borderlands Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Borderlands Vide