Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SPCC Membership scouting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How much is a reasonable annual fee? BE HONEST.
10$
SPCC Membership scouting Vote_lcap7%SPCC Membership scouting Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
15$
 7% [ 2 ]
20$
SPCC Membership scouting Vote_lcap22%SPCC Membership scouting Vote_rcap
 22% [ 6 ]
25$
SPCC Membership scouting Vote_lcap19%SPCC Membership scouting Vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
30$
SPCC Membership scouting Vote_lcap30%SPCC Membership scouting Vote_rcap
 30% [ 8 ]
35$
SPCC Membership scouting Vote_lcap4%SPCC Membership scouting Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
40$
 7% [ 2 ]
45$
SPCC Membership scouting Vote_lcap0%SPCC Membership scouting Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
50$
SPCC Membership scouting Vote_lcap4%SPCC Membership scouting Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

MessageAuthor
SPCC Membership scouting
Post By Static. 10/08/09, 02:06 pm

Hello all! So with the pending approval of our application to form a society for cosplayers, we need to know a few things.

As a society, we need to have members - or we aren't a society. We're looking at trying to score some deals for members - discounts at Spotlight (god, I hope we can do that), discounts at madman, cheaper entrance to society-organised events, free advertising in the newsletter for members who are seamstresses/tailors/propmakers/AWESOME, profile pages on the SPCC Wiki (YEAH WE HAVE ONE! WELL, NEARLY!) and access to a "rental service" of sorts - someone proposed a thing where we run a loan thing for bigger bits of machinery that come in handy for costuming, but you wouldn't buy yourself...air compressors/airbrushes, heat guns, grommet presses and things like that. Basically we want to do as much for members as we can, which brings me to the point of this post...

As a society, we need money to put these things into action. While we are applying left right and center to anyone we can think of for monies to get the ball rolling (OH HA, pun not intentional but LOL) we will need other sources of income - easiest and most logical? Membership fees.

You guys are the ones we're pitching this at, so we want to know what you would expect, and be prepared to pay for an annual membership that got you all this stuff. We won't be making this final (ie. taking anybody's money) until we have things sorted - we don't expect you to take a gamble on a maybe. The figure we were thinking of initially was about $20 a year, and that would get you a dinky little membership card, access to whatever we have going, and a newsletter every quarter. We might make this every month, depends on how organised we are Razz

So, guys - what do you think? Is this something you'd be prepared to pay for? More info on the wiki thing under ze spoiler....
Spoiler:
Static
Static
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3584
Transforms into : HULKSMASH
Registration date : 2008-05-21

SPCC Membership scouting Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.little-noise.com

Re: SPCC Membership scouting
Post By Lavi_x. 10/08/09, 02:10 pm

30 dollars sounds like a fair enough price to me.
I suppose it all comes down to interest though (not that it'll be hard to find it around here xD)
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post By Mandie_Chan. 10/08/09, 02:13 pm

I'm leaning towards the $20

though discounts at spotlight (and other similar things) would make me be ok with paying a bit more ^_^
Mandie_Chan
Mandie_Chan
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 6753
Transforms into : Epic Baker of DOOOOM
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post By MissEevee. 10/08/09, 02:13 pm

i'll happily join for $20 a year. o-o

but like Mandie says, for discounts on stuff i'd be fine with paying a bit more.
MissEevee
MissEevee
noodletastic

Number of posts : 1715
Transforms into : being too trusting. (:
Registration date : 2009-07-05

Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/68415268

Post By Guest. 10/08/09, 02:14 pm

I agree with the $30, if we are/could get all those awesome things, it'd be worth it Very Happy

SS

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 10/08/09, 02:18 pm

Yeah - I'd absolutely love to get us some discounts at craft stores around the place; Spotlight is nationwide so would be the best, but are notoriously stingy. Also not NZ owned, so going through the channels is a pain in the ass. Smaller places like Goldings, Global Fabrics, etc. are other places I'm thinking about hitting up, I know global is Auckland and Wellington. Chch too?
Static
Static
Souperman.

Back to top Go down

Post By PIe. 10/08/09, 02:21 pm

$25 sounds fair to me (ttly not because I'm so in debt it's not funny and this is all I would be able to afford without stealing off parents)
PIe
PIe
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2070
Transforms into : The Goddamn Batman
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down
http://Personified-Insanity.deviantart.com

Post By Guest. 10/08/09, 03:02 pm

being as it is an anual thing id be happy paying 50 as it would work out to be $4.16 a month so id be happy paying 10 bucks a month or so. which would allow you guys to do much more and im sure most people here could spare 10 bucks a month to keep a society like this going

Back to top Go down

Post By Cassiel. 10/08/09, 03:42 pm

I"D DO IT 8DDD
Cassiel
Cassiel
champaign supernova~

Number of posts : 820
Transforms into : Eating pudding.
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post By seraphik. 10/08/09, 04:19 pm

... after doing the massive tutorial database, i'd be very keen to help augment a wiki!
seraphik
seraphik
transient mod of fury

Number of posts : 4598
Transforms into : a post-graduate
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 11/08/09, 02:19 am

I had a thought about the SPCC could lend out wigs and bits and bobs too. Coz wigs (especially) are expensive for the amount of wear you get.

Voted! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 11/08/09, 03:32 am

LOL. I just made that exact post in Lost_in_shangrila's wig thread! Great minds, eh? I know I have a ridiculous collection, and a 'wig library' would be a great idea! Not everyone is as fanatical as me about owning stuff for themselves, after all Razz
Static
Static
Souperman.

Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 11/08/09, 04:53 am

I'm involved in/have been involved in a number of groups and the cost is generally between $15-25/year.

The lower end is when everything is done online. Newsletters, membership payments etc etc so the cost goes way down.
The higher end is when there is a lot of physical paper work.

Oh and I has connections that may help ;) I'll email them and see if they may be interested in discounts ;)
neimhaille
neimhaille
Armageddon Cosplay Contest Judge

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post By Cactiberry. 11/08/09, 05:05 am

Cheaper entrance to 'geddon would be awesome Razz But spotlight discounts seem pretty good. I'd be willing to pay $20-$30
Cactiberry
Cactiberry
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2283
Transforms into : sharpedo
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 11/08/09, 05:25 am

Heck yeah, cheaper entrance to Geddon Very Happy We're a reliable source of income for them, AND a massive source of free advertising

Back to top Go down

Post By seraphik. 12/08/09, 08:12 am

/lurks until wiki

... MEMBERSHIP CARDS?
seraphik
seraphik
transient mod of fury

Number of posts : 4598
Transforms into : a post-graduate
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post By mightydelemma. 12/08/09, 09:29 am

that would be epically wicked if we could get into 'geddon cheaper.
when we have some better idea for numbers i'll pitch it to the bosses.
Wellington sewing services has a lot of different things and if there is discount on sewing machines i bet people would be happy.
Plus for the funding for the ball application we need to show community support of our event. so the more members the more support?
mightydelemma
mightydelemma
Ultimatum

Number of posts : 212
Transforms into : with your mom
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Back to top Go down
http://www.maddragon.deviantart.com

Post By burning batsu. 24/08/09, 12:12 pm

To be totally honest I'm not really sure what Bill would think about giving discounts for entrance to armageddon considering a fair portion of the entry fee would likely go to the venue for hire costs, and out to various fees to cover celebrities, advertising (which would have gone up in recent years now that he is actually advertising on television...) and the like.

When you compare Armageddon to other big events, it's actually pretty good value, you get to have a fun day out for just $18. Not to mention that as far as I know there is a discount for college/university students already this year.

Comparing prices with another NZ event - Namely big boys toys, the adult entry fee is the same, though the student entry fee IS a little more expensive, $16 compared to $14.
burning batsu
burning batsu
Banana

Number of posts : 116
Transforms into : Coffee Flavored Door Hinge!
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down
http://sphereofeternity.com

Post By Interstella. 13/12/09, 02:33 am

Well, even if the discount to armageddon is only a few dollars (like four or five), I'm sure that most cosplayers wouldn't mind helping out with the advertising. Like it was said above, cosplayers are already a huge ad.

I already know that if they want you to work for them in a different city, they'll pay for your flight rather than pay you, so if we advertise for them (like have an armband or something that we wear at other public cosplay events), wouldn't that be like working for them?

As for the price, truthfully, since both me and my dad are currently unemployed, I'd prefer a lower cost, but for this, I am willing to go a bit higher. Unfortunately, I doubt I'd be able to cover the $50 that was mentioned, since it's likely I'd be paying for Tris too.

Oh - and do you think that maybe things like cinemas would give a discount, maybe make it the student price or something? If we could get a wider diversity of things, more people may be interested... Just an idea.

And going with the wig library, we could also have a used cosplay library sort of thing, where everyone puts a list of cosplays that they've made, but aren't likely to want to use on a whim, and then people can borrow them? I know from experience that most cosplayers don't mind sharing their costumes, so I think that could be a good idea too?

And, going back to the money issue, if you put the cost of the membership too low, we could always sell cookies or muffins or something. We could put "SPCC" on them or something... I know Tris and I wouldn't mind baking them (though I don't know how many ingredients we can afford).
Interstella
Interstella
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 653
Transforms into : The Eye of the Tiger
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/thetinyrunt

Post By jpwise. 13/12/09, 03:43 am

Ooops, this thread didn't update. Razz

OK, we've currently decided on a membership rate of $20/yr (ending on societies financial year 31st March). Depending on how far through the year you'll be able to buy it in quarters.
ie:
Full year - 1st April -> 31st March - $20
Three quarter - 1st July -> 31st March - $15
Half year - 1st Oct -> 31st March - $10
Quarter Year - 1st January -> 31st March - $5

Right now we've got an introductory offer of $5 for membership until 31st of March (as above this rate doesn't officially start till the 1st Jan, but it's a special to get things started).

As at the immediate moment membership will get you a discount on the Cosplay 2010 calender (see this thread), and also a discount on the Wellington Ball Tickets (see this thread).

We do also have plans to target a number of other companies to see if we what sort of discounts we might be able to get, but for now it's just on the SPCC associated stuff.

The membership application for is being proofed at the moment to check for any errors, and will then be uploaded to the website (www.cosplay.org.nz) for people to fill in and print off. It's also got the funky input fields so you can type into it before you print, especially if you have hard to read handwriting. :)
jpwise
jpwise
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down
http://gallery.of.geek.nz

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content