Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wellygeddon Memories!

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Wellygeddon Memories!
Post By Auroa. 21/04/08, 04:04 pm

okay peoples post your most favourite parts/memories etc at armageddon ^^

I'll put mine up soon but I'll say some stuffs... I just got back from the airport, and guess what I was sitting with Lisa on the ride down =D she is really such a sweet person.

omg, wellygeddon was SO MUCH FUN! It was so just gah awesome!!!!

Anyway ahhhhhhhhh, so much to say and aww.... I'm sad that its all over, but then at least chchgeddon is THIS week! YEAH!

~ Okay, first it was really awesome to finally meet people I had been talking to on the net, yay I can match faces with names now hahahah. (Pyro thanks for introducing me to peoples.)

~ Meeting studio 2!!! I had no idea they were gonna be there and when we lined up for the voice actors I was just like :affraid: ... heheh I used to always watch them (can't now cause of work) so that was cool. I'mabigkid, Ilovethoseguys.

~ seraphik and I practing our skit FOR THE FIRST TIME just inside the con's entrance while some of the studio 2 cast and random people watching oO' hahah lol.

~ people mistaking our khr cosplays for naruto and stargate hahahahahah. ^^;

~ AND YEAH the voice actors! HAHAH Spike! He was a crack up. He was just so funny...

~ The dinner was really cool too, apart from us having to change the place at the last minute. Lucky it was all sorted... The best part was hearing Lisa's song, oh okay and Keysha's live moving meal that was so funny... and creepy...

~ Doing the caramelldansen! Hahahhah ^^

~ Spike drawing glasses/moustache etc on every picture that Shinji was on, including the poster on the wall.

~ and wow so many amazing costumes XD

ahhh having a mind blank there's just so much to say... and now so much to do and ahhh my minds so blahhhhhhhhhhhh. I'll comes back.

anyway so yeah write your fav moments here XD
Auroa
Auroa
Can't brain, has case of dumbs.

Number of posts : 4962
Transforms into : ૮◠ᴥ◠ა
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Wellygeddon Memories! Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Wellygeddon Memories!
Post By wissy. 22/04/08, 06:48 am

I broke my hammer twice that day.
Well I was stupid enough to drop it on the ground at first, and during my skit is the second time. Well so many people were willing to help me.
I can't recall her name though... she gave me blue gluetack and Panini gave me black tape to hold my hammer together.
Well My hammer did hold together until the last moment and as soon as I was in the car it broke again. I might need to make the frame again or bolt them together. XD
It was so fun!! Although I was preparing my team members so I didn't get to go around the convention much...T.T \
A lots of photos taken, so much FUNl!!!\
I wish I'll do better next year. and also join other cosplayers when they are having gatherings or dancing together~~ XD
I was too busy preparing that day I missed every single gathering...T.T

wissy
Ultimatum

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 22/04/08, 07:04 am

That black tape came from Madja (Li-Bai) orignally xD.

Panini: *runs over* "Does anyone have any tape?"
Me: "Why?"
Panini: "To fix Wissy's hammer."
Madja: "Uh ... I have black electrical tape?"
Panini: "... That would be PERFECT." *takes it and runs off*
Madja: "Oh, and I have scizzors too!"
Panini: *runs back and grabs them, then runs off again*

It was really funny xD.

Uhmn, there was one girl (I think she was the other Lavi on Sunday ..) and she was like, "OMG! BYAKUYA!! CAN I PLEASE HAVE A PHOTO?!?!"

And there was a girl dressed as Rosette from Chrno Crusade and an Azmaria with her, and they were fun to talk to ^__^
Near the end she was like, "Ah! Can I please get a few more photos before i have to go?" She was so cool x3.

Oh, and meeting one of Seraphik's friends who is cosplaying Lelouch at CHCHgeddon. We talked about Code Geass for ages xD

Watching Rallion get his hair straightened by Panini. Ooo, I have to post my picture of that.

... Buying cheap manga 8D

Talking to Lisa. Ah, she was so nice x3
On Sunday her microphone ran out of batteries and I had spares and changed them for her (and the whole room clapped xD. It was funny).

And of course, the bad memories:

My wig screwing up on Sunday so I couldn't wear it.

On Saturday I lost a sewing kit thingy that I bought a day beforehand ;___; I really wanted it, and mum finally let me buy it ... AND IT GETS FRICKEN LOST ;_____;

Haha ... D'you how long it takes to go to the bathroom when you're cosplaying a Bleach character? -__-
I was faster than my friend though xDDDDD
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 22/04/08, 11:49 am

Good moments:

Meeting up with a bunch of new people and seeing so many awesome cosplays.

Getting stopped by people every so often asking if I was Phoenix Wright and then proceeding to get my photo taken. Yet not getting my photo taken by jpwise until the contest itself which actually surprised me.

The dinner was fun, a shame we couldn't have it at Chow, but Sakura was a very nice place. Navigating my way back from there was also interesting. And somewhat amusing that I ran into everyone again while I was still finding my way back.

Anything that involved Spike Spencer, the man is a frickin genius.

Bad moments:

Times outside the con, as my company wasn't as good as I had hoped.

The fact Utawarerumono was not in stock at the Madman booth and that Haruhi volume 4 was taunting me for the fact I already had it pre-ordered and therefore have to wait for my own copy to come rather than buy it there.

Camera dying on the 2nd day and therefore losing my chance to take photos of the Spartans in the Warthog.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Number of posts : 1142
Transforms into : That Dark Handsome Swordsman
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down
http://roseandblossom.deviantart.com

Post By jpwise. 22/04/08, 12:19 pm

hrm. which one were you if i missed you? i'm pretty sure i stalked almost everyone taking random photos. :/
jpwise
jpwise
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down
http://gallery.of.geek.nz

Post By jpwise. 22/04/08, 12:27 pm

*snap* should read the post fully. Yes I have random shots of you in the hallway before the cosplay judging I'm pretty sure. :)

Edit (remembers to edit not post this time): Ah hah, now I know who you are. Yes I do have some random shots of you in the hallway, I don't think I quite clicked that you were in cosplay though cause I deal with people in suits at work all the time and I have know idea who Phoenix Wright is, so I probably didn't stalk you quite as much as some of the more obvious ones. Sorry about that. :/

If you're going to the ChCh one I can make a special point of stalking you if you like? ;)
jpwise
jpwise
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down
http://gallery.of.geek.nz

Post By IcyRose. 22/04/08, 01:18 pm

Yes I will be in Christchurch and in costume on both days. More obvious ones as well. But you don't need to make a special point in stalking me.

I did notice that both my costumes for Wellington were rather basic suits so I don't stand out as much as others did. Anyways, there were plenty of photos taken of me from others and I did manage to appear in some of those shots so it's still all good.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 22/04/08, 01:38 pm

Hm, Wellington highlights? Let's see...

-Spike Spencer proposing to me. xDDD It was soo hilarious.

-Timeskip supermarket. That whole trip was epic. Especially when we posed on... What was it, a traffic island?

-Miss Cloud! She/He was so pretty in their purple dress... Hoorah for Rallion's bravery.

-The hairspraay moment with Miss Cloud on Saturday. I won't even TRY and explain it, it was something you had to be there for.

-Madja falling over whilst doing the Hare Hare Yukai.

And so many more things.

The bad?

-Not being able to walk well when we were traversing the town for our restaurants on Saturday night.
Pyro
Pyro
Winner of the Infinitely Quotable Award

Number of posts : 3934
Transforms into : Tik-Tok Tibenoch
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post By _BlazingBlossom_. 22/04/08, 01:48 pm

Wellington was so awesome! :3

Um....favourite moments:

1. Printing out a giant picture of Fulle from Scrapped Princess and getting Liam O'Brian to sign it

Conversation:

Liam: "This is deep"
Me: " He's my favourite character of all time"
Liam: "He went down good, didn't he?"
Me: "Yup. First death I cried in!"
So he covers the paper
Liam: " He died from arrows right?"
I nod and get paper back.
He wrote "Arrows really hurt...."

That made me laugh so hard

2. Meeting Jpac and Pyro! cause I was too shy to talk to anyone else ;.;

3. Then walking round ALL of Lambton Key (sp?) and the supermarket with cosplay. One cashier wouldn't look directly at me XD

*edit*I banged in to so many displays at armageddon. I no longer laugh about it

Last edited by _Re:Play_ on 22/04/08, 02:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
_BlazingBlossom_
_BlazingBlossom_
Almighty

Number of posts : 389
Transforms into : Being unpredictable~
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 22/04/08, 01:59 pm

I forgot to add something~

-Meeting Re:Play! <333 It was so cool to meet you, and funny when we saw each other in cosplay in Borders. xD
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By _BlazingBlossom_. 22/04/08, 02:03 pm

Pyro wrote:

-Meeting Re:Play! <333 It was so cool to meet you, and funny when we saw each other in cosplay in Borders. xD

It was so cool though. I also found out multitalking is REALLY hard XD.
I was really happy to meet you though. I never talk like that to people I have just meet.

Amv Hug :3
_BlazingBlossom_
_BlazingBlossom_
Almighty

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 22/04/08, 02:40 pm

Oh, so you're the Shana cosplayer, you did a really good job with that. Are you going to consider getting her black jacket to add on to the cosplay when you go up to Auckland?

And hey, I talked to you as well... although we didn't know each other at that point.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By _BlazingBlossom_. 22/04/08, 02:47 pm

IcyRose wrote:
Oh, so you're the Shana cosplayer, you did a really good job with that. Are you going to consider getting her black jacket to add on to the cosplay when you go up to Auckland?

And hey, I talked to you as well... although we didn't know each other at that point.

I did have it, but I forgot it >.<. I was in a real rush to get there for the animation panel. I was like "No!!!". I spent forever trying to find the right style what was within my budget. When I realised I was cold and that was part of the reason I cosplayed Shana, for the jacket. (Stupid reason I know)

You knew who I was! *hug* I loved your Phoenix Wright cosplay
_BlazingBlossom_
_BlazingBlossom_
Almighty

Back to top Go down

Post By Pyro. 22/04/08, 03:30 pm

_Re:Play_ wrote:
Pyro wrote:

It was so cool though. I also found out multitalking is REALLY hard XD.
I was really happy to meet you though. I never talk like that to people I have just meet.

AMV Hug :3

Whee~ AMV hug~ -hugs back-

I find it difficult talking to people I've just met, too, but I guess it helps when you've communicated with them already for a little while, yeah? ^^
Pyro
Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 22/04/08, 04:32 pm

Quote :
I did have it, but I forgot it >.<. I was in a real rush to get there for the animation panel. I was like "No!!!". I spent forever trying to find the right style what was within my budget. When I realised I was cold and that was part of the reason I cosplayed Shana, for the jacket. (Stupid reason I know)

You knew who I was! *hug* I loved your Phoenix Wright cosplay

Heh, I know how that feels, the main reason I wanted to cosplay Lelouch in his Zero outfit was his cape and then there is the matter of Albert Silverberg's jacket (which I swear I will get made at some point in my life).

Anyways, thanks for the compliment on my Phoenix cosplay ^^
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 22/04/08, 04:56 pm

Oh, the hairspray moment was hilarious xD.

*Rallion finishes putting wig on*
*Eeva boofs it up to spike*
*Eeva gets out hairspray*
Gyusle (Soi Fon cosplayer): "OMG! WE HAVE THE SAME HAIRSPRAY!!" *she gets out hers *cough, it was actually mine, she stoll it -__-**
*Eeva and Gyusle start spraying Rallion's head at the EXACT same moment*

But yeah, it really was a 'you had to be there' moment. Fricken hilarious. And Madja falling over was funny too xD.

When we went to the supermarket to get food we got stared at. The lady that served me was TRYING to ask me why we were dressed weirdly, but she had an accent, so it took me ages to figure out what she was trying to say :/
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By wissy. 23/04/08, 07:47 am

Ah! Pura I had the similar experinces too.

I needed to buy a huge lolipop for Rhode so I went to the Tory St wearhouse with my friend and the counter was like... staring at me... I was grad I didn't ware my wig at that time. XD

When My family was goin back to Palmy we stopped on Paremata New World to buy some drink and snacks, Everyone was like what the hell are they wearing???
I had the red wig on so... ya... It could't be helped. XD
So FUNNY!!!
I was so grad that I didn't go in by myself.
Lenalee and Rohde were there too so I was a bit better.

wissy
Ultimatum

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 23/04/08, 09:07 am

But you'd think people from New World Metro would know that Armageddon was on. People up north wouldn't have a clue xD. I wish I had seen that xD.

Oh, yeah another conversation with Madja:

Madja: "That wig looks like her Kairi wig ..."
Me: "It IS her Kairi wig."

xD. It was funny. Armageddon is awesome.

Wissy, are you back up north?
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By wissy. 23/04/08, 09:18 am

Yep I'm in Palmy now. Though I'l be in Welly on following monday.
I thought that New World metro people would know too...
Well McDonald was full of cosplayers at lunchtime.
So I didn't stand out that much in there though...XD

Man Madja is funny...
Yes it was my Kairi wig and I was trying hard to make them spiky though... The wig was too soft. So ya... I couldn't do much...

Have fun at Chch one too!!!
I'm sure heaps of fun there too!!!

wissy
Ultimatum

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 23/04/08, 09:44 am

Got2B hair glue spray stuff is really good for keeping things spikey ;P

I wish I had gone to McDonalds when everyone else was there :/
But no, I didn't. When we went to go get food at 1pm (no one was there because they were all at the judging) two of them refused to get food from McDonalds or BK, so we went to Midland Sushi, which was closed, so we then went to Willis underground, which was closed, so we then decided to shimmey on over to New World Metro, probab;y the only place with decent food that was open xD.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Auroa. 24/04/08, 03:41 am

IcyRose wrote:
Anything that involved Spike Spencer, the man is a frickin genius.

That.is.win.

Seeing pokemon cosplayers and team rocket yays!
The MR BEAN!

I only have two bad things okay a few more then two like my wig coming off in the skit ><' and walking home from the dinner in the pouring rain... I'm pretty sure that resulted in all of our groups colds.
But my regrets areL
~ not buying anything one manga that I didn't need and only bought cause I wanted to buy something doesn't count. well then again like I had room for anything.
~ and not talking to the welly folk as much as I would have liked ahh both days were so busy ^^;
Auroa
Auroa

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 24/04/08, 04:41 am

Yeah, I didn't talk to much, Aura. I did talk to Seraphik quite a bit, and IcyRose.

Heh, it started pouring when me and Chris got to the station after the dinner. We were like, "Ah! Rain! Quick! Run to the shelter!"

I wish I could have bought MORE xD.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Auroa. 24/04/08, 05:01 am

^^ at least we got introduced, I think I said something along the lines of "ahh! You!" XD it was like yay I have a face to who I've talked to on msn =D
well I get to see you at chchgeddon anyway yays~

and like Monday it was pretty sunny ... why why?!

the cosplay judges helping us find a restaurant (thank you both! I hope your dinner was great as well!) at the last minute, what was great was Spike and Lisa hadn't come down from their hotel room yet... and pretty much the moment they meet us was the moment we found our restaurant.
I love how timing works =B

I would have liked to see more events, but its so hard when so much is on at the same time >>
Auroa
Auroa

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 24/04/08, 06:42 am

Pyro kinda dragged me over to you asking if I had met you yet xD. And I told Seraphik who I was while she was drawing on Saturday xD.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 24/04/08, 07:27 am

Ugh the rain after the dinner.... I didn't mind it all that much until I was like a block away from the flat I was staying at and then the rain decides to start pouring down on me and soak me giving people the impression I fell into the ocean or something.

Surprisingly I didn't get a cold though and I dried off in a matter of seconds when I got back to the flat.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content