Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Contacts??

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Contacts??
Post By Suixelo. 21/04/09, 11:25 am

I need some help with buying contacts... I've only bought them once, and I was really disappointed in the ones you can buy from Foodtown. You can clearly see my natural eye colour and the purple is only noticeable in direct light.

Where do you guys recommend to buy contacts that will actually cover blue eyes?? I need honey/brown coloured ones at the moment ^^

Last edited by Suixelo on 24/04/09, 05:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Suixelo
Suixelo
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3569
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Contacts??
Post By CMKMStephens. 21/04/09, 11:58 am

Neutral

Shouldn't anything cover blue eyes? I mean seriously, that's the lightest base colour humans have bar a grey-blue.

Just get them from trademe. This http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=1173792 trader is professional, fast, and the contacts were a great success. (well, sort of success. I can't put in contacts to save my life. But that time I managed to it was good...)
CMKMStephens
CMKMStephens
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 634
Transforms into : Little Nellie
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Cassiel. 21/04/09, 03:17 pm

Maybe go to your optometrist? I know that some optometrist in New Zealand is actually making cosplay contacts. If you're interested I can probably scout them out for you.

Even they are being infected with the disease!

On a more serious note, make sure you check out the sellers thouroughly, and don't skimp on the cost. Good, safe contacts are well worth splurging on. Your eyes are infinitely precious, and you only have one set!
Cassiel
Cassiel
champaign supernova~

Number of posts : 820
Transforms into : Eating pudding.
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Lady Phantomhive. 22/04/09, 04:46 am

Get the ones with the brand called Tones (or something close to that) you can buy them from cosmic corner or minifies. They last up to 6 months provided you keep them in good condition (with sterilized water and all that) Me and my friend, we have really dark eyes (dark dark brown) and the colour still showed perfectly. A pair costs $35-40 but it's well worth it. I agree with rei, better safe than sorry!! ^-^! The sterilized water, you can get from cosmic corner and it costs $15 =)
Lady Phantomhive
Lady Phantomhive
marshmallow ninja

Number of posts : 921
Transforms into : Phantomon
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Suixelo. 22/04/09, 02:22 pm

CMKMStephens wrote:
Neutral

Shouldn't anything cover blue eyes? I mean seriously, that's the lightest base colour humans have bar a grey-blue.
Not if the contacts don't cover the whole eye, the ones you linked to are the exact same brand I bought... =/

ReiSilverfang wrote:
Maybe go to your optometrist? I know that some optometrist in New Zealand is actually making cosplay contacts. If you're interested I can probably scout them out for you.

Even they are being infected with the disease!

On a more serious note, make sure you check out the sellers thouroughly, and don't skimp on the cost. Good, safe contacts are well worth splurging on. Your eyes are infinitely precious, and you only have one set!

Thanks for that! Um I don't have an optometrist ^^; I suppose I could go to my family's but uh I'm sure they would be double the price haha. It's ok, I'm good at researching what brands are good or not~

Lady Phantomhive wrote:
Get the ones with the brand called Tones (or something close to that) you can buy them from cosmic corner or minifies. They last up to 6 months provided you keep them in good condition (with sterilized water and all that) Me and my friend, we have really dark eyes (dark dark brown) and the colour still showed perfectly. A pair costs $35-40 but it's well worth it. I agree with rei, better safe than sorry!! ^-^! The sterilized water, you can get from cosmic corner and it costs $15 =)

I spent $40 on my last ones, so I really don't mind the price. I have solution already ^^
I'll look into those, thank you very much!!
Suixelo
Suixelo
Souperman.

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By CMKMStephens. 22/04/09, 02:40 pm

Neutral

I have extremely Dark brown eyes, and the ones I bought were an opaque Contacts?? 467857e over the Iris (though two-toned and with little flecks in Iris immitation obviously). Zero see-through. Like this Or for comparison. All coloured contact lenses should be opaque for the Iris as it is through the pupil that light enters. Weird that the ones you bought wouldn't be.

What do you mean by 'not if they don't cover the whole eye? Was the diameter too small? Contacts do come in different sizes.
CMKMStephens
CMKMStephens
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 634
Transforms into : Little Nellie
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Ginger Ninja. 22/04/09, 03:00 pm

I agree with Lady Phantomhive, cosmic corner has REALLY good contacts.
I havent actually bought any from there but a friend of mine has and they were really good plus they last a reasonable amount of time.

Its where im planning on getting my ones from anyway~
Ginger Ninja
Ginger Ninja
fuzzeh duckling~

Number of posts : 1108
Transforms into : probably a phoenix or something equally cliche
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Lady Phantomhive. 22/04/09, 03:50 pm

Yes =) they are really really good =) and look beautiful under the light X3 also you can get them for $5 cheaper at minifies. Same brand. But there is more variety at cosmic corner. they have more tones and colours where as minifies only have a few of the main colours.
Lady Phantomhive
Lady Phantomhive
marshmallow ninja

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Suixelo. 23/04/09, 01:55 pm

CMKMStephens wrote:
Neutral

I have extremely Dark brown eyes, and the ones I bought were an opaque Contacts?? 467857e over the Iris (though two-toned and with little flecks in Iris immitation obviously). Zero see-through. Like this Or for comparison. All coloured contact lenses should be opaque for the Iris as it is through the pupil that light enters. Weird that the ones you bought wouldn't be.

What do you mean by 'not if they don't cover the whole eye? Was the diameter too small? Contacts do come in different sizes.

Nah mine are like, specks of purple but otherwise see through, so my colour clearly showed through where the specks weren't. I er didn't know contacts actually came in different sizes tbh, but these fit exactly, so size isn't the problem. The flecks were really only around the edge, which was the problem. It left a large circle without colour =/

Thanks guys, I'll look into them ^^
Suixelo
Suixelo
Souperman.

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Aikome. 23/04/09, 02:22 pm

Wai-wai-wait.

Shocked Foodtown?
Aikome
Aikome
TEH WIZARD OF OZ.

Number of posts : 1564
Transforms into : TROLL :3
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Suixelo. 23/04/09, 02:40 pm

Mm, I was running out of time and I couldn't afford to buy them until a week before Geddon. Downtown Foodtown sell them at the Lotto counter.
Suixelo
Suixelo
Souperman.

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Aikome. 23/04/09, 02:48 pm

-ponders-

Oh...

Well that's good to know (last-mintue-attempts)

I've never tried contacts before, but Trademe looks promising.
Aikome
Aikome
TEH WIZARD OF OZ.

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Number-IX. 23/04/09, 06:55 pm

Foodtown, lolol.
If you want to get the best, but for a lot of munny [includes eye tests etc] i'd say go to OPSM and ask about FreshLook cosmetic lenses, bcz yknow you can any colour - purple, blue, red even.. i think.. to go over whatever your natural eye colour is - blue or brown or green or whatever. But yeah the take eyes really seriously so about $200 is spent on eye tests, but when you get to the contacts yeah theyre really good. So i've been told..
Or yeah like CMKMStephens said, this guy has some good ones aswell : ) http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=1173792
Number-IX
Number-IX
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 593
Transforms into : Skuxatron
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/cthrnineiv

Post By Sonic Reducer. 23/04/09, 07:20 pm

Trademe has worked for me in the past though the ones i bought from are called "fantasyeyes" and am too lazy to link it right now.

There are several shops in auckland that sell them out west as well but its been so long i cant recall names sorry and its unlikely they're still there.

so all up this was a useless post. goodbye
Sonic Reducer
Sonic Reducer
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 675
Transforms into : Your mother
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jesuschristpose

Post By Lady Phantomhive. 24/04/09, 11:58 am

The contact lenses that i was talking about, the brand is called "Trucolour"
Lady Phantomhive
Lady Phantomhive
marshmallow ninja

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Aikome. 24/04/09, 02:24 pm

FantasyEyes are great, and cheap... depending if anyone is bidding or if you can "buy now"

They have golden/yellowish ones, last for six months or so
Aikome
Aikome
TEH WIZARD OF OZ.

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Suixelo. 24/04/09, 05:04 pm

Thanks all, I'll look into all the options ^^
Suixelo
Suixelo
Souperman.

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Tsuki Amu. 01/05/09, 09:59 am

um Im not sure if they have color contacts but try http://www.clearlycontacts.co.nz/ i hear the contacts there are really good quality......if I want color contacts Ill need prescription color contacts......so I have an optometrist...... sweatdrop

Tsuki Amu
Ultimatum

Number of posts : 213
Transforms into : some crazed kid.
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 04/05/09, 12:13 pm

oooh i luve contacts XD hippie kinda shops sell them and sometimes surfy shops
i had a red pair for the lulu costume :)

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Contacts?? Vide
Back to top Go down

Contacts??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Cosplay :: Wigs, Make-up and Crossplay-