Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recruiting for Nana-Con (Easter)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Recruiting for Nana-Con (Easter)
Post By Guest. 17/03/09, 01:33 am

Hey guys!

As many of you are aware (have heard me whinging...) I am involved in organising The 2009 Wellington Quilt Symposium. In short, about 1000, maybe up to 1500 quilters are descending on Wellington Girls College this Easter and I have been put in charge of recruiting some people for a cleaning, chair moving, desk arranging, electronics packing up crew.

The specs are: Thursday 9th of April (the Thursday AFTER Wellygeddon, end of school term and probably university term) we will be moving in, need to arrange desks, electronics, some cleaning, some heavy lifting - setting up and taking down all the chairs in the Hall - until about 8pm.
For the next six days, some light cleaning (sweep, mop, litter pick up) and more chair moving - the Hall is being used for two lectures daily and a social time in between so the chairs need to go up & down a lot. Also, some carrying of suitcases up stairs/lifts as the Nana's have a bit of trouble getting up and down the stairs. Maybe misc duties like traffic direction. At least one late night - finish about 10 on Friday 10th, closer to 8 the other nights.
Then on Wensday 15/Thurs 16th a pretty massive clean up.

I'm looking for volunteers. If you're there the whole day, I can offer you lunch, free coffee and snacks - either a packed lunch or a voucher for the onsite cafe. I can probably get you early dibs on the enormous supply of sponsorship items (moisterisers, choccies, vouchers for various places etc). When not occupied, you'll also have free run of one of the largest conglomerations of fabric/craft stores this year - 35 odd merchants from around NZ and a few international ones - and cheap/free entry to lectures and exhibitions about craft-work.

(Also, while I have your attention, if you want to attend any of the classes website is here:http://www.quiltwellington2009.org.nz/ - you can show up on the day and sign up!)

If you're thinking about planning a Cosplay-Con I'd say come for the experience, otherwise show up coz you think I'm awesome :) Ask for more details or if you want to volunteer let me know.

Wellington Girls Girls: We are trying to arrange some kind of deal whereby a bunch of you volunteer and we give you a wad of cash towards some club thing. So don't all jump on me at once just yet. But if that falls through, we'd ESPECIALLY love to have you. Coz you already know the school, and the electronics systems and the like. And since it's thanks to us that you seem to be getting out at lunchtime on Easter Thursday you totally owe us!

Recruiting for Nana-Con (Easter) Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for Nana-Con (Easter)
Post By Guest. 17/03/09, 02:06 am

Wish I could...(most likely my Grandma will be there...lol) but work says "no go on Easter...at all"

Soz

SS

Back to top Go down

Post By Li-Bai. 17/03/09, 03:54 am

I'm willing to help out methinks >w< I dunno about whole days but I may come to help and stuff :)
Li-Bai
Li-Bai
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2251
Transforms into : a lover and a renegade fighter.
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down
http://li-bai.deviantart.com

Post By Guest. 17/03/09, 05:20 am

Yay! Horaay fo volunteers!

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content