Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jane From Disney's Tarzan and her hair

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Post By mightydelemma. 27/12/08, 01:49 pm

Ok so I've Worn a few wig in my time and though I'm not an expert I'm not totally knew. how ever I've never had to put one up before.
my issue is this I'm a girl who usually has very short hair and short wigs has never been aproblem but of late i've had and attack of the hippy notion and been growing it, its Long enough that should i dye it from its BLEACH blond to a medium brown, i can put it up in Janes little bun with bangs (depending on if i'm being deshiveled).
my issue is should i dye and use my own hair or should i find a wig and if so whats the best way to make sure that none of my hair falls out.
my bigest issue is that my hair is so blond that when i dye it the dye runs out fast but i dont wana leave it to the last minute to dye it so the colour is in

Last edited by mightydelemma on 30/01/09, 08:48 am; edited 1 time in total
mightydelemma
mightydelemma
Ultimatum

Number of posts : 212
Transforms into : with your mom
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Jane From Disney's Tarzan and her hair Vide
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddragon.deviantart.com

Re: Jane From Disney's Tarzan and her hair
Post By Guest. 28/12/08, 01:09 am

D'ya mean your hair is currently bleached? Or just that it's so blonde it looks bleached? If it's actually bleached, be careful with adding dye, because they interact with each other and the colour doesn't turn out right and a wig might be safer. But I've very little experience with bleach.
If it's just very blonde, get a temp hair dye and do it three days before. You need to wash your hair at least once between dying and putting anywhere near white/dirty white fabric (you doing that awesome white shift-thing?) or you'll stain it. But dying your hair at home is really very easy - not much more difficult than washing it in the shower.

A neat trick I saw someone do the other day was jam all of their hair under a latex swimming cap and then put the wig on. Their hair wasn't going ANYWHERE. Of course, if they held their head on the exact right angle you could see the cap, but you could use a hairnet or a stocking end or something a bit more subtle.

Back to top Go down

Post By mightydelemma. 29/12/08, 05:05 am

yeah its Bleached atm. cos it makes the pink a better colour.
but i might do a wig and the swimming cap thing that sounds like a solid idea.
but yeah bleach and normal colour isnt a good mix...
mightydelemma
mightydelemma
Ultimatum

Number of posts : 212
Transforms into : with your mom
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Back to top Go down
http://www.maddragon.deviantart.com

Post By Freddie. 29/12/08, 06:06 am

Ive bleached and dyed my hair before, worked perfect. Though it depends from case to case. i know a girl who died her hair black from bleached and it came out ginga. Unless you've got think, coarse or storng hair, i'd warn away from dying it.

You can use Fudgeboz and Wakk Stain though. Different Chemicals.
Freddie
Freddie
forum prisoner.

Number of posts : 2615
Transforms into : Doraemon
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/DigitalFoxGirl

Post By Guest. 06/01/09, 04:11 am

^^Lol when I first dyed my hair light blonde I had it black at the time and the bleach turned it neon ginga.

Anyway If you were dying your hair from brown/black/darkcolourofsomesort to bleach blonde, the bleach thins out the fibres in your hair to remove the dark hair colour which is bad..
however since you are doing the opposite - blonde to brown/anycolour darker than blonde your hair will be ok, because your not removing colour
from your hair you are simply covering it with a darker colour
IF your hair is not natural blonde (you used bleach to make it blond) -get a slightly darker shade of brown and it will come out medium brown after you wash it instead of the possible ginga brassy brown you get from bleached hair

Though I would recommend a wig if you want to keep your blonde haircolour

Btw to prevent it from washing out so quickly don't shampoo your hair too much it removes the hair dye.

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Cosplay :: Wigs, Make-up and Crossplay-