Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black Sclera contacts

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Black Sclera contacts
Post By Guest. 10/12/08, 01:08 am

Boyfriend would badly like to cosplay as Dream from Neil Gaiman's Sandman for 'Geddon. A completely essential part of this outfit was going to be black sclera contacts - the ones that make your ENTIRE eye go black. The reason they're so critical is that Dream is a comic book character and is therefore drawn by lots of different people and there are pretty much only two things that stay constant - he's a pale scrawny guy with wild black hair and his eyes are COMPLETELY black. Boyfriend wont do the cosplay without the black contacts.

The things is, we can't find any for under $200 - and thats an NZ site - and we just don't have that to spend. While we can find oodles of party contacts in different colours for $50 or so, apparently colouring the sclera as well quadruples the price. We can't import from the US coz you need a prescription to do that (new rules, dratted FDA) and even if we could arrange that, they're $200 EACH that way - AMERICAN dollars. UK prices are similar.

Does anyone know where you can get black sclera contacts for less than $100?

Black Sclera contacts Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Black Sclera contacts
Post By Rowan. 10/12/08, 02:53 am

Sorry the only place I know is one of the REALLY expensive US ones! >.< Hope you manage to find something. But in terms of eye safety, you'd have to be careful if you did find something cheap, because you have to make sure they're the right size etc or you could really damage the eye, even more so than a normal pair of contacts.
Rowan
Rowan
LEVEL UP!

Number of posts : 1257
Transforms into : A free, free bird.
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down
http://ladyarbuthnott.deviantart.com

Post By Guest. 10/12/08, 03:29 am

go to visique and order black out contacts (like sunglasses in contacts) they cost around 120

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 10/12/08, 04:14 am

Really? Will Visique do them? Cool! I knew you could get sunglasses contacts, but I didn't think normal sort of glasses folk did special ones like that. I will go in and ask.

I'm completely paranoid about contacts, so I will project this onto Boyfriend Very Happy I remember about that kid who went blind putting dye on his contacts or something and I don't do eyes to start with. Bleugh. Plus Boyfriend's ears suck, so he really needs his eyes Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 10/12/08, 04:33 am

As long as he doesn't do anything dumb like trying to put dye on them, or taking them out, cleaning them with his tongue, and then putting it back in *cough, David Tua* (or I think it was him. Some famous NZ boxer who went blind from the ensuing infection) then he should be fine. :)
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Post By Guest. 10/12/08, 04:39 am

Yeah, I know heaps of people who wear prescription contacts all the time and have no issues - but you hear stories...

Clean them with your tongue? Why would ANYONE thinks thats good idea??!?! EW!!!

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 10/12/08, 08:58 am

The people who lose their site because of contacts are just IDIOTS. If your boyfriend is not an idiot, then you'll be fine ;D.

I wore contacts and nothing happened to my eyes. I was OCD about them though xDD.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content