Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cosplay Contest registrations

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Cosplay Contest registrations
Post By neimhaille. 08/10/08, 02:53 pm

Two weeks until email registration for the Cosplay Contest closes. There is a last chance to hand in your forms at the desk on the Saturday but it makes it easier if I have time to read your forms a few times before the event!

Please go here to get all the information you need. If you need any clarifications please email sooner rather than later! Please note the early start time for the judging! This is new and meant to allow everyone a chance to relax before the presentation.

Good luck to all who enter, we had a record turnout for Wellington this year!
neimhaille
neimhaille
Armageddon Cosplay Contest Judge

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Cosplay Contest registrations Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Cosplay Contest registrations
Post By Kelchup. 13/10/08, 12:25 pm

I'm so sad I have to leave before the skits v_v
Kelchup
Kelchup
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 14/10/08, 03:28 pm

sad Sorry about that, Bill likes to finish the event on a high note hense the timing of the contest.

I have only a few entries so far, please please please get them in sooner rather than later. I have replied to all entries so far- so if you have not had a reply, I haven't got it. I have one query I need to confer on other than that all correspondance has been caught up. Please email again if you haven't heard.

A stressed judge is a broken one so please make sure to get your entries in sooner rather than later! Much as it breaks my heart (and it really does) I cannot accept late entries! If you get no reply before Wednesday evening (22 Oct) please bring your form in before midday on the Saturday. Or meet someone outside the centre and get them to take it in if you are not going to be there. I was able to do that in 2006 thanks to forums and making friends :)
neimhaille
neimhaille

Back to top Go down

Post By JVCA. 15/10/08, 06:55 am

This isn't a question about the registration as such, but I posted it on the pulp expo forums a couple of days ago and got no answer, so I'll ask here - what time does the judging start? The rules say 10am, but the timetable for the room in both the event handout and the fancy printed pamphlets say 11am. o_O
JVCA
JVCA
Pronounced "Jay-vee-ka"

Number of posts : 7122
Transforms into : a crotchety old woman
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down
http://www.jvca.net.nz

Post By Duckeh. 15/10/08, 03:24 pm

Meep.
Will try to get it in soon...
But since I'm still sewing I can't exactly tell you a bit about how I made it.

/failz.

I hope we don't stress you out too much. 'Dx
Duckeh
Duckeh
GOD of all things EPIC

Number of posts : 6842
Transforms into : YO BUTT.
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down
http://www.duckeh.com

Post By neimhaille. 16/10/08, 06:34 am

I know. I will have to check with Bill exactly what happened. If people are happier with 11am I'll go with what the hand outs etc. say. But it means that little bit longer for waiting around and getting nervous!

Wev'e had issues in the past of posters being printed with the wrong time on it due to reprinting from past years.

I wanted it an hour after doors opening so it may be that there has been a communication issue in that regard. I will sort it asap, but not tonight as I'm going to see Phantom of the Opera. It will be soon though as I really need to make sure I am all set for the time as well!
neimhaille
neimhaille

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 16/10/08, 06:41 am

I would prefer it if it were on at 10am, this is mainly because I'd hope to get through the judging process quickly so I can duck out to go watch Crispin Freeman's Mythology in Anime panel which is on at 11am.

BTW, I'm hoping to get my entry form in tonight.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Number of posts : 1142
Transforms into : That Dark Handsome Swordsman
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down
http://roseandblossom.deviantart.com

Post By Suixelo. 16/10/08, 10:52 am

ahh yes... Still trying to finish sewing it, so I can email the form in >>
Hopefully on the weekend haha.

Hope you enjoy Phantom, I went last night and I'm still speechless!
Suixelo
Suixelo
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3569
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 22/10/08, 02:50 am

Icyrose, sorry there is no way we would get through in an hour regardless, it's at least two hours and may be two and a half hours depending on numbers of entries. We had over 40 entries for Wellington and over 50 people (I think we were close to 60) each person needs a chance to describe their work so you can see how the time gets eaten up. Luckily we have a smoother on stage process now so can get through everyone on stage in an hour or less.
You will have numbers again, be proud of them and remember them ;)

We will start at 11am so as to be most fair. The earlier hour means some people won't be there on time.

But the important announcement:
Online entries close tonight at 9pm! This is because I need to sleep and get a good start of reading the pages and pages and pages of entries tomorrow. I read them all as I get them but will be reading them much more closely on Thursday and Friday. And again Sunday night.

There will be an automated response after this time, all entries before that get a standard "I got it" reply that is individually written- some may have typos to prove this if it was written after 10pm.

If you get the automated entry you will not be registered! If you get no reply you will not be registered (because I haven't got it).

Please bring a paper copy of your form (be creative if you like but make sure I can read what you have done) and images and hand it in on Saturday before midday. I just need to confirm if it is at the Information desk or Armageddon Booth as each city has a different layout. There will be A3 sized posters at the desk it goes to. Just just look out for them at those two places. Maybe buy a photo while you are at the Armageddon Booth ;)
neimhaille
neimhaille

Back to top Go down

Post By IcyRose. 22/10/08, 05:13 am

I was more referring that I'd hope that I was lucky and my entry would be judged within the first hour and I could leave the judging room early so I could catch the panel, but now since the judging starts at 11am, that makes the point moot.

Well, I've seen the panel before when Crispin was last here in Chch so it's not that big a deal.
IcyRose
IcyRose
lucky*

Number of posts : 1142
Transforms into : That Dark Handsome Swordsman
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down
http://roseandblossom.deviantart.com

Post By Rolly. 22/10/08, 10:37 am

NOOOOOOO! I completely forgot to do it yesterday, and now the site is down so I can't get the form. D:

Someone help me!!!! If anyone has the template please PM/email me ASAP.

*cries*
Rolly
Rolly
forum prisoner.

Number of posts : 2918
Transforms into : a stylish shoe for the blind earthbender
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post By neimhaille. 22/10/08, 12:27 pm

There is always a panel that goes up against the contest, in fact in past years we have been against the panel where all the guests are on stage. It's always going to be a choie for someone so I cannot shuffle people around the judging order or I'd spend every free minute in the week before not just every other free minute.

The site is up but if anyone needs the form:
GROUP REGISTRATION FORM

Contest (city and year):

Your group name:

Members of the group, names and ages:

Contact details:

Characters you are cosplaying as:

Categories you are entering (technical and/or performance):

Who is responsible for each costume componant?

Are you doing a skit? Please describe it here:

Describe your characters and any special interactions between them:

Describe the creation process of your costumes and props, be as descriptive as you can:

Why did you decide to cosplay as these characters?:

If you have not attached images of your characters please explain why. If they are book characters please quote any descriptions from the book/series describing the character and costume as you can:

Before you send this form please make sure you reread the rules and have asked any questions you have needed to.

Please note the times you need to be at each stage of the contest.

Also please send as many views of the original costumes/characters as you can. We need to know what they look like front top to bottom, front, side and back to make a fair comparison.

In the subject header of your email please include the city you are entering to help speed the organisation process.

Please be as descriptive as you can when explaining how you made your costumes. If you have any particular details in your work you would like the judges to make special note of please include that also. For example the inside of an item to show the structure or finishing technique. There is a limited time for judging so any information of this sort will help in the judging process.

and solo:
SOLO REGISTRATION FORM
Contest (city and year):
Your full name:
Your age:
Contact details:
Character you are cosplaying as:
Categories you are entering (technical and/or performace):
Did you make the entire costume, if not, who helped and in what capacity?:
Are you doing a skit?:
Describe your character:
Describe the creation process of your costume, be as descriptive as you can:
Why did you decide to cosplay as this character?:
If you have not attached images of your character please explain why. If it is a book character please quote any descriptions from the book/series describing the character and costume as you can:

Before you send this form please make sure you reread the rules and have asked any questions you have needed to.

Please note the times you need to be at each stage of the contest.

Also please send as many views of the original costume/character as you can. We need to know what it looks like front top to bottom, front side and back to make a fair comparisson.

In the subject header of your email please include the city you are entering to help speed the organisation process.

Please be as descriptive as you can when explaining how you made your costume. If you have any particular details in your work you would like the judges to make special note of please include that also. For example the inside of an item to show the structure or finishing technique.There is a limited time for judging so any information of this sort will help in the judging process.
neimhaille
neimhaille

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down