Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wellington Cosplay Ball 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Wellington Cosplay Ball 2014
Post By cumber-kitty. 26/06/14, 07:45 am

This year was the first time I've ever attended a cosplay ball, so I didn't really know what to expect- I loved it!

Overall it was an amazing night, but there were a couple of things I'd have to nitpick at...

-The Lighting.
I was expecting them to turn on disco lights, strobe lights or something. Maybe hang fairylights- something to give it that party atmosphere. I'd definitely like to see something like that next time.

-The Photobooth
I was a little disappointed when I got the photos back. They were obviously well taken, props to the photographer, but the lighting wasn't very flattering to say the least. I do think it was a bit harsh, because I was horrified to find out my flawless makeup on the night made me look like a chain smoking 40 year old.

-The Entertainment
I loved the wild conga line that started up. I would've loved it if they had organised a few games though. Like limbo, or who remembers the Jandal Game they always had at school discos?

Those were my main (but minor!) issues with the night. But other than that I had so much fun and I'm looking forward to see what the next theme is (I hope its 40s next year and the year after I'd love to see a Victorian theme!) Very Happy

cumber-kitty
cumber-kitty
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 38
Transforms into : Smaug
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Wellington Cosplay Ball 2014 Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Wellington Cosplay Ball 2014
Post By cumber-kitty. 28/06/14, 06:39 am

I'd also like to add that I think it'd be cool if they had a Ball Prince and Princess along with King and Queen. And that the winners got a crown/tiara (just a cheap dollar shop one). And the King and Queen would have to dance together. (did you guys do that at your school dances?). Also the "Royal Family" should then have their pic taken at the Photobooth thingy.
cumber-kitty
cumber-kitty
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 38
Transforms into : Smaug
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post By monochromaticsky. 28/07/14, 02:38 pm

Hey there Cumber-kitty~

I was one of the organizers for the event and thought you did a good job creating a post to discuss the ball, i should probably have done so myself but sadly forgot to.

Since the event apart from feedback we've gained through asking people/cosplayers around us we've been trying to think of different ways we can improve the event if we hold it again next year as this was the first time we have put together an event.

With the time restrictions due to our own university timetables and commitments we had this year, and some complications during the weeks before the event were unable to follow our original plans, we did feel that there were some aspects we could improve on.

If you have any further ideas or want to discuss anything you felt could have been improved i'd love for you to pm me owo <3 We're also trying to start planning for any further events early. i.e if you are willing to help we're wanting more feedback so we can have an even better time next year.

P.s. as a huge Kuroshitsuji fan a Victorian based theme would be awesome <3
monochromaticsky
monochromaticsky
Le grande

Number of posts : 170
Transforms into : Tyki Mikk~
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/maylee.mclisky

Post By Sponsored content.