Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Brunetteyes's Sketchbook] It always takes longer than I think it will!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: [Brunetteyes's Sketchbook] It always takes longer than I think it will!
Post By eveychu. 29/04/13, 01:01 am

That is looking awesome! Personally I would be terrified to wear it myself for fear that I would fall out.
But yours is looking choice.
eveychu
eveychu
Terminator

Number of posts : 79
Transforms into : Specialness
Registration date : 2011-11-07

[Brunetteyes's Sketchbook] It always takes longer than I think it will! - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/EveychuCosplay

Post By Seakittens. 29/04/13, 03:19 am

Oh dear god, so amazing! It sits perfectly.
Seakittens
Seakittens
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 522
Transforms into : Ranka~!!
Registration date : 2011-07-05

[Brunetteyes's Sketchbook] It always takes longer than I think it will! - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/xSeakittens

Post By chiken_skratch. 29/04/13, 03:45 am

It sits perfectly! But I would suggest an army of double sided tape just incase lol. Does it stay in place when you jump and stuff??
chiken_skratch
chiken_skratch
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 606
Transforms into : somebody more useful
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down
http://cosplayfromskratch.deviantart.com

Post By brunetteyes. 29/04/13, 10:05 am

Thank you guys. I was amazed that it worked at all. It stays in place pretty well when I move around because its stretched suuuper tight and is tied well around my neck and back belt loop. But yes, I will definitely be taping it all over the place just in case.

Idk why I chose this for winter Welly. oh well.
brunetteyes
brunetteyes
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post By brunetteyes. 19/05/13, 07:50 am

CHRISTIE! is nearly done whohoo!
I had a heap of progress photos but I think I accidentally deleted a bunch of them, but I still have some more recent pictures.

Butterflies
For the butterflies on the pants, I used the fabric sandwiched between iron-on interfacing method a lot to applique the stretchy fabrics. For the butterfly, the method was used to sew the silver and purple base pieces on top of each other, then the detailed pieces on top, and again to attach the finished butterflies to the pants.
The method was also used to sew the silver wiggly design down the leg, and for tidying up the edges of the silver waistband that I attached later.
[Brunetteyes's Sketchbook] It always takes longer than I think it will! - Page 2 Butterfly_by_brunetteyes-d65r393
[Brunetteyes's Sketchbook] It always takes longer than I think it will! - Page 2 Butterflycloseup_by_brunetteyes-d65r3w1

Bikini
For her bikini, it was easy copying the mockup pattern onto the gold fabric, but it took aaages pinning on the gold hexagon netting so that it would sit nicely when the whole thing was stretched. The netting is held in place by the stretchy purple bias I made, which was also a bit tedious to make.
[Brunetteyes's Sketchbook] It always takes longer than I think it will! - Page 2 Bikini_by_brunetteyes-d65r20o

Gloves
Her gloves are currently in pieces. It was actually quite difficult trying to find images of what her gloves look like.
I used a pair of $2 black gloves as a base and cut it into bits to insert the grey bits. The pieces are all tiny and stretchy andI'm hoping its not going to be too hard to sew together. I might use the iron-on interfacing method again or just hand sew them. I'm also wanting to put piping into it, which I'll have to make because normal piping doesnt stretch >.> I'm not sure how thats going to turn out...
[Brunetteyes's Sketchbook] It always takes longer than I think it will! - Page 2 Glovesplan_by_brunetteyes-d65r701
[Brunetteyes's Sketchbook] It always takes longer than I think it will! - Page 2 Glovepieces_by_brunetteyes-d65r3ld

Overall
So this is everything I've finished so far. There is no way I'll ever have her unrealistic body-type, but other than that I'm pretty happy with how everything as turned out.
[Brunetteyes's Sketchbook] It always takes longer than I think it will! - Page 2 Overall_by_brunetteyes-d65r3d0

I'm intending to entering the Hamilton Competition as a Solo Entry but its going to be really nerve-wracking going on stage wearing this >< And it will probably be quite cold... I'll worry about that when it comes to it.
brunetteyes
brunetteyes
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Paul. 19/05/13, 08:33 am

Nice work. With difficult fabrics your details on the pants look great!

Good to see some entrants for the Hamilton Contest, Hope there are a few more this year Smile
Paul
Paul
Almighty

Number of posts : 395
Transforms into : Pokemon Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down
http://www.oldvcr.tv

Post By kyokyogirl. 19/05/13, 08:46 am

I'm amazed that that bikini top actually works in real life XD Looks freaking awesome!
kyokyogirl
kyokyogirl
fuzzeh duckling~

Number of posts : 1097
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post By sakkaf. 19/05/13, 12:32 pm

wholy moly your christie is amazing

(um...do some capoeira to warm yourself up? xD)
sakkaf
sakkaf
marshmallow ninja

Number of posts : 926
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down
http://tinnyhouse.tumblr.com

Post By brunetteyes. 19/05/13, 05:12 pm

^ I should so do that! I know a few really basic moves from the one capoeira class I took. Its not very impressive looking though Razz

thank you guys :) I wasn't sure if the top would work either until i tested it.
brunetteyes
brunetteyes
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By chiken_skratch. 20/05/13, 09:50 am

Geeze man, this looks so bloody cool!! And I imagine you would blind people with your pants when out in sunlight, lol. If you get cold at Hammy, just come find me and snuggle up in 9 fuzzy warm tails, lol. And that was a very smart idea to use netting overtop the gold bikini for the hexagon shapes, very smart
chiken_skratch
chiken_skratch
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By brunetteyes. 20/05/13, 02:36 pm

^ haha yea the pants are pretty bling-tastic in the sunlight.

Oo ur tails sound very inviting ^^ Are you entering the Hamilton contest? Aha! a competitor! I only know of one other entry. Sounds like it will be a small friendly contest :)
brunetteyes
brunetteyes
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By chiken_skratch. 21/05/13, 02:41 am

^Yes I am, but in the group contest with PIe, she's going as Ririchiyo to my Soushi, lol. I know, It'll be a small contest, but it should be a good one.
chiken_skratch
chiken_skratch
EPICLY EPIC

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

[Brunetteyes's Sketchbook] It always takes longer than I think it will!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Cosplay :: CNZ Sketchbooks-