Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cosplay Ball next year. R18.Are you interested?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Cosplay Ball next year. R18.Are you interested?
Post By Tatsuhime. 20/11/12, 06:48 am

I am not only aiming this at the cosplaying community, I am also aiming this at people who do not know essentially what it is to cosplay but would be interested in it. As of yet I will not be worrying about the financial side of things as first I need to generate enough interest. I want to invite a wider range of people to come to this event so it won't be strictly limited to just cosplayers :)
That is first and foremost.
As I said on the CNZ facebook page the reason why I am making this event an R18 event is because I don't want the responsibility of minors. If something happened I would be answerable or at least feel responsible. I do admit there are a lot of mature 16-17 year olds but in saying there there are also a vast majority who are not.
I also was told that I would have to be careful with the type of music I played (lyrical content) if it is r18 I do not have to worry.

I will still host this as an R18 ball. I will be organising a few get togethers before it as well just so I can meet everyone and just in general have fun with everyone. Myself and another cosplayer were thinking about a beach and barbeque day and whatever else people would be keen for :) Just something fun and low key. Obviously this would be all ages and bring who ever you want. The more the merrier. (thanks @duckeh)

After this ball (if this goes through) and I have the experience then I would love to have an all ages ball. I first want/need the skills to organise a good event as I don't want to let anyone in the cosplaying community down. By doing an R18 ball first I can gain these skills and the knowledge on what cosplayers want to see/have at their ball.

@XYukiCrossX I would love to have any help you would have to offer :3 If this generates enough interest then I will be knocking on your door. I will organise a beach day soon and hopefully we can meet! xx
Tatsuhime
Tatsuhime
Tophat

Number of posts : 155
Transforms into : an A hole without coffee
Registration date : 2012-10-22

Cosplay Ball next year. R18.Are you interested? - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By XYukiCrossX. 20/11/12, 09:17 am

i will try be there to meet you lol.
I also have three people who are interested but are not members of cnz! ^^
XYukiCrossX
XYukiCrossX
Tophat

Number of posts : 158
Transforms into : Power Girl XP
Registration date : 2010-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post By le-sange-bleu. 20/11/12, 11:10 am

Wow there seem to be a lot of negative people here. One of the things that jumps out to me is that people are saying that if there is alcohol available that people are going to go nuts and get blindingly drunk. I think we can give the members of cnz more credit than that.
Its not like alcohol is going to be forced down their throats it will just be available at a bar if they wish to partake (im assuming).
I think this sounds like a great idea and i want to help Very Happy

also those who dont want to attend an event with alcohol dont or better yet organise an event without any yourselves. i am dying to do something....anything with cosplay but its all been pretty quiet
le-sange-bleu
le-sange-bleu
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 41
Transforms into : A why-wolf possessed by the power of inquiry......and bloodlust
Registration date : 2012-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post By Tatsuhime. 20/11/12, 11:39 am

@XYukicrossX
That will be awesome if brought your friends along! You don't need to be a cosplayer to be involved. I am sure that soon we can convert them all though ;) Thanks heaps for being supportive!

@Le Sange Bleu
Thanks for your input. I do believe that people can drink responsibly and play drinking games responsibly. Thank you as well for your support. I think this event can be a success and alot of fun. Also an opportunity to put the cosplaying community out there :3

xoxo
Tatsuhime
Tatsuhime
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 20/11/12, 12:02 pm

If just anyone is invited then it's not really a cosplayer ball. It's just a ball with some cosplayers. If the idea is for cosplayers to get to know one another, then inviting non-cosplayers kinda defeats the purpose, lol.

Imo, I think that making it R18 isn't going to lead it to be a success. All R18 events that anyone in the community had tried to organise have failed rather badly, generally due to not enough interest. If you get enough interest, then great, but in the past there never has been.

A cosplayer cocktail party sounds more like what you're trying to organise, rather than calling it a ball. Other cosplayers have organised really good balls that have been open to everyone, so some people might try compare your ball to their balls and decide yours wasn't as good or something.

Also, I don't think we're being negative people, we've just been in the community long enough to know a lot of the people, how they feel and seen how past events have worked out.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By sakuramiyabi. 20/11/12, 12:17 pm

Just to clarify. We are not trying to go against your idea. Your idea is an interesting one. There are just A LOT of factors that are involved in organizing a successful ball, especially if it involves R18 and alcohol.

Did we mention how expensive it can get? 8'''D;;;; If you're planning to organize this OF COURSE there are going to be responsibilities involved, regardless of whether or not minors are in attendance or not. Also did we mention this kind of enterprise has a high risk factor for generating a loss? Regardless of how much interest you may INITIALLY generate it all comes down to pre-ticket sales.

If you SERIOUSLY want to generate interest and you want people to take your idea seriously post your draft plans. List out factors and anything else that would affect you, the people attending AND ESPECIALLY the surrounding seemingly uninvolved public.

Regardless of what we say and think cosplay in itself is a hobby that attracts a lot of attention. Wanted or unwanted.

Add alcohol into the mix. You should already know what kind of behaviour potentially follows.

Yes we can say "Oh we're too responsible a group to let it get out of hand."

Yeah. No.

And as Pura pointed out to open it to non-cosplayers kind of defeats the purpose of it being called a "cosplay ball." Earlier "cosplay balls" have always required guests to come in a cosplay. We're not trying to be exclusive. It's just the way it is perceived. The whole IDEA of a cosplay ball/gathering is to get to know others in the cosplay community. Otherwise why stick the cosplay label on it?

There is also the current image and preconceptions of cosplay to the general public which as a relatively new and small community we would like to protect our currently good image.

Cosplay is growing. And it doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. Let us not hinder that progress by one wild night gone wrong because the wrong people were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
sakuramiyabi
sakuramiyabi
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3941
Transforms into : Melted pool of something
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Back to top Go down
http://sakuramiyabi019.deviantart.com

Post By EternalOutsider. 20/11/12, 01:30 pm

Some interesting discussions.

I would still come if a dry event. I will trade in an average beer for a good coffee any day Cool

That being said, having an adults only after party is not a bad idea.
EternalOutsider
EternalOutsider
Tophat

Number of posts : 146
Transforms into : David Xanatos
Registration date : 2012-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post By Kitten Slave. 21/11/12, 12:33 am

Sakuramiyabi and Duckeh have both run events in the past, and I suspect both have extensive Draft Plans (as sakuramiyabi put it) of the events they have done before.

Im not sure how much experience you have with setting up events etc, but I would suggest running your ideas by them (assuming they have the time to offer advice - use the resources available to you and all that), write up a draft so you can get all your thoughts on paper. Then you can see how viable different ideas are, and where you want to go with each of them, and Im sure they can help you to improve on those ideas, possibly making them more viable.

whee
Kitten Slave
Kitten Slave
forum prisoner.

Number of posts : 2977
Transforms into : A horny school girl.
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post By sakuramiyabi. 21/11/12, 03:57 pm

Just to clarify I haven't actually organized events. I have helped and have been involved in the organization process but I wouldn't ........................... wait I did organize a couple small ones ............................................ 8'''''D jsyk I'm not really on the level of the other people who have organized stuff okay oRZ
sakuramiyabi
sakuramiyabi
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3941
Transforms into : Melted pool of something
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Back to top Go down
http://sakuramiyabi019.deviantart.com

Post By Kitten Slave. 21/11/12, 11:15 pm

Iunno - I do recall those massive lists you wrote up for the cosplay cafe... Pretty pro by my standards (which usually involve the words "dunno, Ill wing it")!

whee
Kitten Slave
Kitten Slave
forum prisoner.

Number of posts : 2977
Transforms into : A horny school girl.
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post By Tatsuhime. 10/02/13, 03:48 pm

For anyone who is interested in attending the R18 cosplay ball on the 29th of July here is a link to the page. Ask any questions you have on there :3

Venue has been sorted and booked and security has also been sorted and booked as that was very important to alot of you who had fears of cosplayers getting out of hand.

Drinks are subsidised at only $5. This includes rtd's AND spirits. Cocktails not included.
Bar also stocks an extensive list of all alcohol. From red wines to cognac.

Parking is free and there is plenty. It is also located just next to the building so if you forget something for your costume you only need to nip out to the car to get it.

Sound system is AMAZING. Had it not even half way and it was loud crisp and clear.

Tickets are $35.00 for single and $60.00 for doubles.

Remeber if you have any questions please either pm me or like the facebook page to ask questions. I do not monitor this thread :)
Have a wonderful day! and hope to see you all at the ball :3

R18 cosplay ball facebook page
Tatsuhime
Tatsuhime
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By EternalOutsider. 10/02/13, 04:58 pm

Awsome. Very Happy

Sounds, like a fantastic night out.

How do we buy tickets? or is it just payment at the door?
EternalOutsider
EternalOutsider
Tophat

Number of posts : 146
Transforms into : David Xanatos
Registration date : 2012-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post By Seakittens. 13/02/13, 01:46 pm

I'm not going and I don't necessarily like the idea, But please make sure to be responsible everyone and be safe.
Maybe we can have an all ages ball some day soon.
Seakittens
Seakittens
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 522
Transforms into : Ranka~!!
Registration date : 2011-07-05

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/xSeakittens

Post By Tatsuhime. 16/02/13, 07:58 am

@Eternal outsider
If you go to the R18 Auckland Cosplay Ball page you will find all your answers. It is going to be fantastic fun filled with great people. Very Happy

Tatsuhime
Tatsuhime
Tophat

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Cosplay Ball next year. R18.Are you interested?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Usergroups :: North Island Cosplayers-