Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[CHCH] Did The CHCH Cosplay Club Die? Will there be a new one?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Post By Myobi. 05/10/12, 09:29 am

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows what actually happened to the CHCH Cosplay Club, if it's still going, or if it actually died out after those earthquakes?
I remember going to one of the "gatherings" AAAGES ago but after that I lost track of what happened and then the earthquakes seemed to close everything down afterwards.
I'm also wondering, if it actually has vanished, will there be another one to replace it? Or does anyone actually want to create one? I love cosplaying, but in shakey-town there are so little events to actually cosplay at.

MORE EVENTS PLEASE : D
Myobi
Myobi
Zenbu

Number of posts : 67
Transforms into : CHOCOLATE MILK.
Registration date : 2011-05-22

[CHCH] Did The CHCH Cosplay Club Die? Will there be a new one? Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: [CHCH] Did The CHCH Cosplay Club Die? Will there be a new one?
Post By Riven_. 22/10/12, 05:37 pm

I can't comment on whether the Christchurch Cosplay Club will start up again, but I'm definitely keen to do more meet ups now that it's coming into summer!

(Especially picnics. More cosplay picnics would be wonderful).
Riven_
Riven_
Advice Guru

Number of posts : 1961
Transforms into : The Procrastinator!
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down
http://crescent-fall.livejournal.com

Post By squeakk. 23/10/12, 11:54 am

Before the earthquake, it was dissolving a bit because a lot of the organizers and older members were busy with new jobs and university.

Then the earthquakes made it harder to get anywhere to meet up and to find affordable venues for the Balls.

Things are a lot better now though, so it would be nice to have some more events :) I think if you wanted to step up to organize stuff the old organizers wouldn't mind.
squeakk
squeakk
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 28
Transforms into : a competent human!
Registration date : 2012-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post By MichelleTheCow. 25/10/12, 07:16 am

I'm still keen
MichelleTheCow
MichelleTheCow
seXAH <3

Number of posts : 88
Transforms into : A herd of cows
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post By sakura_petals. 26/10/12, 03:43 am

I have the perfect place for pinics but it's a bit far out... I have heaps of lawn/trees etc for a pretty picnic place.
sakura_petals
sakura_petals
TEH WIZARD OF OZ.

Number of posts : 1503
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 27/10/12, 02:09 am

There are a few odd things that are going on now that offer some opportunities, like Japan day, Sancon, steampunk at ferrymead (which is soon), zombie walk, etc. Then of course Dunedin and ChCh Geddon in march.

steampunk ferrymead

There are a few ideas I have had. And we can get cheap, but not free venues easily. Some are free. But of course I have many other things to fit into life, including making costumes and Garb, and holidays.

I want to organise a trip out to see the time travellers museum in Oxford. It has memorabilia from the past decades, including lots of Sci-Fi, Dr. Who, etc. It's $5 entry, which will go towards building more props and cabinets, etc. He has steampunk guns for sale, and might consider prop commisions? He is a neat guy with huge amounts of stuff, and needs visitors to continue. Including a time machine, which people can take photos in.

Time-Travellers-Museum

We were planning a Discworld costume picnic, which was to appeal to discworld fans as much as cosplayers. But now it clashes with ChCh Geddon, so I'm not sure what is happening with it.

Discworld Picnic

Also there would be no harm in doing skills sessions, like maybe pewter casting, leatherwork, pyrography, vacum forming, wood working, prop making, electronics, sewing, embroidery, blackwork, ribbon making, historical costuming, pleating, shaping, fabric selection, painting, casting, skits, kimonos/bows/hakama, or how to brainstorm a cosplay, etc. Or general sewing sessions.

Or parties (anime/movie/pizza?). A ball would be easy to do. Quiz nights, anime sports, whatever.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By Auroa. 27/10/12, 10:16 am

As one of the creators of the initial club, I can say that as much as I’d love to see it run again, I cannot help start it.
The reason I had to leave years ago was due to time constraints (studying+work exp+full time work=zzzz), which, hasn’t actually changed.

However, I am happy to organize an event every now and then. Speaking of which... this brings me to the thread I will create shortly… or now…. Christmas Party Y/Y?

LOOK AT ME. CLICK ME. I R LINK.
Auroa
Auroa
Can't brain, has case of dumbs.

Number of posts : 4962
Transforms into : ૮◠ᴥ◠ა
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Usergroups :: South Island Cosplayers-