Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Top Five Favorite Games

Go to page : Previous  1, 2
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Top Five Favorite Games
Post By Guest. 06/09/08, 04:39 am

So changing list!....

1- Final Fantasy IV Yup Final Fantasy 4 is the new number one.Cecil is just a really awesome main character, and love the storyline and music.

2- Final Fantasy VII Even though it's not on the number one spot anymore, it's still a pretty good game and a really good classic..

3- Chrono Trigger Reasons explained before..

4- Tekken 5 Tekken 5 looks great !

5- Soul Calibur IV Soul Calibur III was pretty great, and IV is better than Three- so this is even More great !

Others- Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Street Fighter II
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy VI
Spyro The Dragon 2
Aladdin
Grand turismo
Time Crisis
Kingdom Hearts II

Top Five Favorite Games - Page 2 Vide
Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 06/09/08, 04:13 pm

I have 2 lists

1 the top 5 i enjoy and the top five "best games"

Ill start with my personal favs

1 Kingdom hearts

This for me was the first game to combine the story telling of the japanese square-enix with western style gameplay (more action focused). It also featured some of the most memorable charecters of all time (saix the complete psyco) however let down by terrible voice acting and little replayability means it doesnt get a show on the top 5.

2 Elite beat agents

The Most fun I have ever had with a handheld (gaming console!!!!) it combined addictive but repeditive gameplay with actually recognisable music.

3 .Hack//Infection

The best way to explain this game is a MMORPG simulator with a Square enix ish storyline and some of the best charecters ever. Based of one of my favorite anime .hack is probably the most under-played RPGs available in NZ

4 Garrys mod

This the most fun you can have with your PC it is a sandbox pure and simple you can build a rocket bath tub and fly it around a map of your choosing or you can pose half life charecters in suggestive ways also you can mod it using the SDK base meaning the game is only limited to your imagination

5 Resident evil

Still the best survival horror game to date it has an intracite storyline coupled with some feindishly difficult puzzles only let down by annoying camera angles and a slow control system

my next list is what i regard as the best games of all time this means that games cant just be "good for their time" or have massive flaws that are patched over by storytelling these are the best of the best EVER to hit the shelves

5. World of warcraft
Hey 3 million people cant be wrong. This is still the biggest MMORPG available to the public and it is just getting bigger. It has a spin off TCG manga, figurine set and upcoming movie. The gameplay is addictive the graphics are good. The sound is good it is just all good.

4. Half life 2
This is still the worlds best FPS and should be the standard all other shooters are judged against. It doesnt have the System killing DX10 of Crysis but it does have some of the most challenging puzzles furious gun fights and intricate storylines ever to grace the halls of the FPS catalouge. Modable as hell it has become a base for TF2, Portal, GMod and countless other games based off the steam engine.

3. Soul calibur 4
Tactical fighting involving blades. enough said. it leaves tekken in the dust in all aspects and the graphics are georgeous to boot still without competition we have the newest heir to the SC throne SC4

2. Spore
This wins points for origonality to start no other game has allowed you to hand build the cutest creatures imaginable equip them with teeth and claws and make them fight and slaugeter their neighboors all in the cause of evolutionary progression Darwin would be proud. If you havent already played this game you make a creature then force it to evolve till it can reach out to the stars and fight similar civilisations. great graphics, entertaining gameplay, and the chance to slaughter innocent furries sounds like a winner to me.

1 Final Fantasy VII

I have decided to award the number one slot to Final fantasy VII. I feel that this game fufills every thing a great game must do story line, sound, graphics, great gameplay, replayability and the ability to be played years after and have the same experience when you picked it up all those years ago. As a number one it has the graphic quality to suit the style of game. A stunning sound track, the best turn based gameplay that is available and as i mentioned earlier the most epic storyline ever. And it has an engaging gameplay. although the turnbased system is out of date and now cliched the recent RPGs are all Action based so having a completely (almost) turnbased RPG is different by todays standards and provides a welcome break from the sad attempts to make an RPG more like Soul Calibur (its not gonna happen right guys!!!) when an RPG is best played as close to its roots (Table top Dungeons and Dragons for those that diddnt know) and turnbased with a brilliant storyline and the ability to grow your charecters and yourself as you play. This is the game i would get a first time gamer to play as it is still the biggest achivement by any gaming company ever.

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 07/09/08, 05:26 am

When people put Final Fantasy VII has the best game ever...

and not games like Halo , or Metal Gear Solid- or grand theft Auto..

They rule

Back to top Go down

Post By secretasianman. 07/09/08, 02:31 pm

YAY! My list!

5. DOTA
Why? Many late night LAN parties prove otherwise

4. Battlefield 2
Why? Ninja's don't need guns, but it's always funny to watch non-ninja's battle it out

3. Age of Empires 2 and 3
Why? Through playing this game, I realized that I was a geek

2. Any Pokemon game made for Nintendo Gameboy
Why? Okay I lied, this game made me realize my geekiness ways

1. Any Metal Gear Solid Game
Why? Being the Secret Asian Man, you have to learn how to be very Secret, very Asian and very Man. Metal Gear Solid was my training into ninjahood

Funnily enough, I never got into Final Fantasy at all.... I loved Advent Children though!
secretasianman
secretasianman
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 627
Transforms into : your mum
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down
http://www.socialmaterial.com

Post By Admin. 07/09/08, 02:50 pm

Ummm.. {WARNING: THE FOLLOWING GAMES ARE LAME AND MOSTLY FOR NDS}

1. Touch Detective - DS
Come ooooon, how can you not enjoy solving neat mysteries about stolen dreams and trapped faeries as a cynical girl in a white beret~? It's just so epic.

2. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 - DS
Honestly. This game is amazing. Play it. PLAY EET.

3. Pokemon Ranger - DS
This game was surprisingly great. But it gave me a sore wrist. o_________o

4. Soul Caliber 3 - PS2
I've played number 4...... I still like number 3 more though, I'm not sure if it's the game play, the poor build of the custom characters or the fact that Yoda/Darth Vader is in it(which by the way is SO wrong, I can't believe that people like that. It's Sci-Fi in a fantasy style game. wtf) but number 4 was lacking.

5. Shining Soul II - GBA
Best multiplayer game evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Play it with a friend through VBA link(coz the game is hard to find) or No$.

Runner Ups:

6. Alundra - PS
7. X-Men Legends II - PS2
8. Lunar Genesis - DS
9. Urbz: Sims in the City - DS
10. Uhhh......................... Dunno. FF3 on DS?
Admin
Admin
Winner of the Golden Gun Award

Number of posts : 2982
Transforms into : yo mama.
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down
http://authenticsowilo.deviantart.com/

Post By Lavi_x. 19/09/08, 07:21 am

Ahhh, New top 5 from me ^-^

1. Jet Set Radio Future: So damn brilliant. Played it heaps with my friends back in intermediate. Picked it up for 20 from eb just yesterday. Best 20 bucks I've ever spent. Proof that Sega actually can make good games when they put their mind to it.

2. Jet Set Radio: One of the only games worth picking up the Dreamcast for. This game series is just fantastic.

3. Chrono Trigger: My favourite rpg of all time. Beats the pants off of Final Fantasy. I mean, YOU GET TO TRAVEL THROUGH TIME. Very Happy

4. Gears of War: YOUR GUN HAS A CHAINSAW ON IT. A CHAINSAW.

5. Final Fantasy VIII: Man... Zell has some pretty nice pants.
Lavi_x
Lavi_x
noodletastic

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 19/09/08, 11:21 am

One of my friends wants to cosplay from Jet Set Radio Future xD. I only just heard of that game the other week from her. I wanna play it now ...

I don't actually play many games. And when I buy new ones I either don't play them, or get part way then give up for ages xD.

The only games I've ever completed are Spyro 3, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, .hack//Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, .hack//GU volumes 1 and 2. And that's it xD.

I've had Shadow of the Collosus for ... Nine months now and I haven't started it xD. I've also had FF10-2 for aaaaages and haven't started.

Other games I haven't finished: FF 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12 (fail at ALL of them), .hack//Quarantine, .hack//G.U. volume 3, Magna Carta, We Love Katamari (as good as finished though) ... I'm probably missing something. I borrow Okami from my friend around Christmas last year, it's still in my house somewhere, unfinished.

Anyway ...

1. Kingdom Hearts II. Because I play nothing else 8D

2. .hack//G.U. series. I love this game xDDD.

3. We Love Katamari~! Because again I play nothing else.

4. Uhmn ... :/ Yeah, I'm stuck. Magna Carta is really beautiful image wise, but to make up for that it has crap voice acting and battle system.

5. Does not exsist.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By LithiumCrystal. 14/10/08, 11:10 am

chuu~! 1. Resident Evil - Code Veronica X

I love it the best out of all the games. The story was engaging and full of twists and its just plain scary a lot of the time. Gorgeous~ It's awesome.

chuu~! 2. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

I think it was actually better than number 4 (though that was EPIC.) It's just a really clever and entertaining game. ^^

chuu~! 3. Silent Hill 4: The Room

Scaaaaawy! I think it was the most disturbing of the games. Loved it to bits. Still haven't gotten the good ending. ^^;

chuu~! 4. Devil May Cry 3: Dante's awakening

Sexy young Dante and Lady, demon butt-kicker extraordinaire. Just their interactions could have sold me the game! ^^

chuu~! 5. Project Zero 3: The Tormented

I might not yet have completed it (it's REALLY scary) but I enjoy it SO much. Hehe, I'm such a wimp. XD
LithiumCrystal
LithiumCrystal
Ultimatum

Number of posts : 226
Transforms into : Murderbot
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down
http://lithiumcrystal.deviantart.com

Post By CMKMStephens. 04/11/08, 04:01 pm

1. Golden Sun/Lost Age - Best Evar etc
2. C&C and Red Alert series
3. Civilization Series
4. Settlers 2/3/4
5. Battlefield 2142
CMKMStephens
CMKMStephens
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 634
Transforms into : Little Nellie
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post By Pseudonym. 04/11/08, 10:47 pm

CMKMStephens wrote:
1. Golden Sun/Lost Age - Best Evar etc
2. C&C and Red Alert series
3. Civilization Series
4. Settlers 2/3/4
5. Battlefield 2142

Gaah, good choices, I can't believe I forgot about Settlers and the Civ games <3~!
Pseudonym
Pseudonym
Almighty

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post By Kimusafox. 05/11/08, 10:09 am

#1) - Final Fantasy 7 (PSX) or Crisis Core (PSP)
(Tied)

#2) - Final Fantasy 9 (PSX)

#3) - Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
(Have not managed to play much, but what little I have, I absolutely loved)

#4) - Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)
(probably)

#5) - Golden Sun 1 & 2 (GBA)
Kimusafox
Kimusafox
seXAH <3

Number of posts : 85
Transforms into : Evil! because everything tastes better when it's EVIL!
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post By venom. 05/11/08, 10:42 am

Burrr I have to go backwards...

5. Final Fantasy 7
4. Final Fantasy 6 & 8 (Pretty much equal)
3. Phoenix Wright
2. DEVIL MAY CRY
1. STARCRAFT (Yes yes yes I'm Korean, blahblahblahblah)
venom
venom
marshmallow ninja

Number of posts : 927
Transforms into : venombot
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content