Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Red Plaid Material - Where to find?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Post By Rikki-Leigh. 15/10/11, 06:53 pm

Okay. So for the Bacchus group, we need a specific type of red plaid, or at least as close to it as we can get.

Spoiler:

I've looked around a few online stores but haven't found anything that looks that nice, but that was a couple weeks ago. Does anyone know anywhere where we could find or order some? And if it's online ordering, if the images of the material are a good match to the real thing.

Rikki-Leigh
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3767
Transforms into : a muffin
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Red Plaid Material - Where to find? Vide
Back to top Go down
http://lil-lost-kiwi.deviantart.com/

Re: Red Plaid Material - Where to find?
Post By lavenderbrown. 16/10/11, 09:04 am

I was at spotlight on Lincoln Road earlier this week and they had a plaid veryyyyy similar to this there :)

----edit:

$11.90 a metre i think it was Wink
lavenderbrown
lavenderbrown
Pinky

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post By Highlander. 16/10/11, 01:13 pm

It looks like the simplest of Scottish tartans, or a general fashion tartan like many cotton shirts have.

So I would say you have many choices, wool, wool blends, polyviscose, cotton, etc. You could try all the local suppliers for cotton. You might even chance across wool, but most likely blanket weight. Your price could be anywhere from under $10/M to over 20 pounds UK/M.

Being jackets I would say use a reasonable weight to do it properly. But with lining and interfacing to stiffen it up then cotton may work. Cotton will not drape right on it's own. Polyviscose would do a better job, although not the same as heavy wool, but with (suit?) lining ...

If you can't find any in NZ then there are probably plenty of shops in the US, and maybe UK that you could search for generic cotton tartan. However you can also order direct from the tartan mills. Shipping cost depends on speed of deliver too. But I imported over 8 yards of 13Oz wool tartan the Scottish shop would have charged $800 for about $230. If you want cheaper material it may be more economic. But you will have to shop around to find what you want. Also email to make sure the fabric is in stock. Some for a price will manufacture short orders. (Which also means they can do custom tartans too, for a price.)

I found martonmills.co.uk particularly good.

Also check these mills;
thescottishweaver.com
strathmorewollen.co.uk
houseofedgar.com
dcdalgliesh.co.uk
lochacarron.com

Shops
tartantown.com
burnetts-strutrh.com
kiltstore.net

PS. I also sneaked in under the GST/levy limit, so I got charge $0 by customs. The import duty depends on the material though, so check with customs so you don't get any surprises.
Highlander
Highlander
dark CHii

Number of posts : 4033
Transforms into : This stylish saffron shirt.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down
http://skydrive.live.com/#cid=23D41AFD1F51E1F4

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1