Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Amulet Dia help; back pics added

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Amulet Dia help; back pics added
Post By sakura_petals. 14/02/11, 05:01 am

I'm hoping to cosplay the yellow and white one and I think I have most of this cosplay sorted out apart from a few things. I'm looking for help on how the sleeves and boot covers stay up and how the wings attach. I'll try and find a good pic of the back so you can see how the wings seem to from what I've seen they don't lie flat with any seam apart from maybe the zipper down the back.

EDIT:
I've added pics of the back for the wings.

Any help would be wonderful!!

Pics:
Spoiler:
sakura_petals
sakura_petals
TEH WIZARD OF OZ.

Number of posts : 1503
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Amulet Dia help; back pics added Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Amulet Dia help; back pics added
Post By RainbowMoonDust. 18/02/11, 11:24 am

To help the arm and boot covers stay up I can only think of a couple of things. For the the arm covers, maybe you could use clear coloured suspenders or even those clear bra straps, just attach them to the sleeves of your dress. I have no idea if you can get get clear suspenders but it might be worth looking into. The only other thing I can suggest is to use that tape that woman use to hold their boobs in strapless dresses, I think it's called Hollywood tape or something like that but don't quote me on it. Farmers should have some, they should know what you are talking about if you describe it to them. If it works for boobs then I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work for other parts of the body. :think:

For the leg covers, you could try glueing them to boots worn underneath. Or just sew velcro in the top of the boot covers, use that to fasten it, the rest of the boot cover should fall/sit naturally, in fact you could even sew velcro all the way down the length of the boot covers so they don't flap open, hope that makes sense. Sorry, can't think of anything better. >_<

I have no clue on the wings sorry. sad

I don't know how helpful this is, having never done any of these things myself but it was just ideas that popped into my head, I hope it gives you some ideas at the very least. sweatdrop

Last edited by RainbowMoonDust on 18/02/11, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
RainbowMoonDust
RainbowMoonDust
fraggle rock

Number of posts : 1480
Transforms into : Goddess of mischief
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down
http://rainbowmoondust.livejournal.com/

Post By Guest. 18/02/11, 11:29 am

Why don't you just use elastic?

Back to top Go down

Post By sakura_petals. 18/02/11, 01:22 pm

I'll use that as a last resort but it doesn't seem to have the gathering I associate with elastic. Plus I can't seem to see an opening or something to show that it might be velcro or domes.
sakura_petals
sakura_petals
TEH WIZARD OF OZ.

Number of posts : 1503
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down