Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dress help >:

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Dress help >:
Post By Guest. 23/01/11, 02:20 am

Spoiler:
https://2img.net/h/oi56.tinypic.com/mn2e5c.jpg

This dress confuses me to no end, damn Clamp designs. I had fabric laying around and decided to make this, I've made the bodice and the first skirt layer of the dress, and started the corset. Now I'm looking at the dress and confusing myself.

1) Is that really a corset, or is it part of the bodice? And whats up with where it's tied up?
2) The sleeve fabric is sheer I'm assuming because you can see the lines of her arms through it, and the second layer of the skirt looks like the same fabric, would that be sheer too?
3) Is that ruffles or lace across the top of the bodice?
4) And lastly, whats going on with the bottom layer of the dress, looks like how bubble dresses are?

Thanks if you can help >_>

Last edited by Casey on 23/01/11, 09:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Dress help >: Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: Dress help >:
Post By Victorian Couture. 23/01/11, 06:50 am

Hi sweetly
I would love to help but I think the image is broken sweatdrop
do you have an outside link?

found link ^.^
the front lacing on the bodice looks just like fashion lacing, just for show
you could make the bodice a corset and have it lace up in the back with the fake lacing in the front?

there is a second skirt layer?
i thought that was just one layer with a wide ruffle running around it, with gathered lace around the bottom?

if you wanted the bubble effect you could
put a hoop skirt underneath with one hoop at around the mid ruffle point with the ruffle from the top layer hidding the hoop bone
then ether a smaller hoop futher down to create that sharp pulled in look, or make be easyer using etastic to gather in all that fullness and to make to shape?

you could make the trim around the bodice/corset the same as the choker trim?

i tend to over think things so i hope it helps sweatdrop
would it make more sense if i drew it?
Victorian Couture
Victorian Couture
seXAH <3

Number of posts : 93
Transforms into : neck deep in lace samples
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 23/01/11, 08:16 am

^Ooh, could you draw it? I think it'd make a bit more sense to my now overworked brain C:. thanks SO much for helping, because I really don't want to spend too much on fabric C: yeah the grey, I can't tell;; I have some grey fabric that is the same fabric that I used for the black that I was thinking of using, but I'm not sure if it's dark enough, but the ruffled edge idea seems pretty good [and cheap for me 8D]

I also see that the second layer is darker than the grey for the sleeves, or a different fabric? So confusing for me :C

Oh, and I'll change it to just the link then C:

Back to top Go down

Post By Mischa. 23/01/11, 09:38 am

I can't see the link- (I get an anti-hotlinking message) - could you please upload it to the forums :) (just click the wee icon with the disk+tree picture)
Mischa
Mischa
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1045
Transforms into : GRIMDARK
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down
http://www.doublestitch.co.nz

Post By Guest. 23/01/11, 09:42 am

Sure! I'll do that now, sorry about that ^^

Is it working now? Damn Zerochan having all the best references but no hotlinking :C

Back to top Go down

Post By Victorian Couture. 23/01/11, 09:53 am

ok
here are my drawings
i hope they help ^.^ and make sense sweatdrop
all of the measurements are estimates and dont include seam alowance ^.^
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Victorian Couture
Victorian Couture
seXAH <3

Number of posts : 93
Transforms into : neck deep in lace samples
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post By Mischa. 23/01/11, 10:00 am

thanks! Very Happy It's so pretty!

1)
I think it's a strapless bodice with ribbons strapped across the front as decoration (a fake corset front)

2) What VC said

3) I think it is ruffled lace ;) - If I was making it I would just use some of the sheer fabric left over from the sleeves (I'm cheap)

4) It Looks like a very floofy bubble/lantern skirt to me EDIT: VC ninja'ed me! :) that pattern she posted looks perfect
Mischa
Mischa
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1045
Transforms into : GRIMDARK
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down
http://www.doublestitch.co.nz

Post By Guest. 23/01/11, 10:07 am

woo! Thats amazing VC, all pictures saved and will be used, definitely.

About the bodice, the front, the parts over my chest don't really stay up, Is there a way of making it so they will stay up/on my chest? (mind you, Thats just holding the back loosly together)

The wide ruffle thing, oh man, I think it could be the same fabric, because it's darker than the grey on the arms, maybe its because the black is underneath making it darker? Looks like I'll have to buy new fabric for that then, I had fabric I could use but it's too light anyway I suppose, it's 'metal' colored apparently C:

I think i'd use lace then~ it probably wouldnt be too much to buy anyways.

Yay! I think I have it figured out now, thank you so much guys!

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Dress help >:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Cosplay :: Costume Help & Critique-