Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.
Cosplay New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What ever happened to....

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
What ever happened to....
Post By Guest. 12/06/08, 02:33 pm

I remember back in the day (prolly bout 4-5 years ago) there use to be a group of people who use to do anime nights in wellington at various peoples places in wellington, does that still go on? Or is anyone interested in getting it back up and running again?

What ever happened to.... Vide
Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to....
Post By Static. 12/06/08, 03:04 pm

I remember that, vaguely...I'd be keen in a bit of animated goodness, dunno 'bout organising it though.
Static
Static
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3584
Transforms into : HULKSMASH
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down
http://www.little-noise.com

Post By Guest. 12/06/08, 03:15 pm

Just depends of if people want to watch dubbed or subbed anime, dubbed is easy as long as people have the dvds, subbed is all good if someone has the episodes in digital format and can burn them onto dvds, we just need to find a place where we can do it, I could do it at my place i'd just run them through the xbox 360 and watch it on the 42" tv, prolly would need to buy a few bean bags or something tho, only got a 2 seater couch an a foot stool nearly as big as the couch so thats 4 - 6 ppl u could squeeze on, got 4 dining chairs but they aint that comfortable Razz, know anywhere else Static?

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 12/06/08, 03:35 pm

My place is freakin' huge - moved back in with my parents last year, and could happily swing several cats in my lounge. Might have problems with hardware though (I have a seriously decrepit PS2 that needs to be flung back at EB), DVD player is fine, TV ain't 42" but it's big enough. Seating - I can probably do 8-10? This is on couch/cushions/mattress on floor and it'd be pretty cosy. How many people interested?
Static
Static
Souperman.

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 12/06/08, 03:41 pm

Where in wellington are ya? Im in newtown behind McDonalds so it on 2 bus routes (1 & 3) for the youngens who would have to bus in, would your parents be ok with a crowd of youngens

As for people interest i counted you and me so far....

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 12/06/08, 03:45 pm

Khandallah - bus and train access, plus possible carpooling? Who drives? Yeah, a crowd is no problem. Worst comes to worst, we'd be ordered downstairs, which actually is probably bigger...I'd sort it :) Sweet though - let us get some interested parties, and set some dates!

...I should probably say too that I don't want it to happen at mine every week, I do need to study sometime...
Static
Static
Souperman.

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 12/06/08, 03:49 pm

I've had quite a few people over at my house to watch anime before xD.

We have two sofas that if you squish people onto could probably fit seven people (but a more popular option was the floor, actually xD).

Only problem is is that my living room is actually quite small (even if I did manage to fit quite a few people in ...).

Aaaaand it's almost always covered in junk ^__^;;.
Not my fault. -accuses siblings-

Oh, hey, Static, I think you know my sister, Ryn, right?
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 5530
Transforms into : Coke blooded monster
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 12/06/08, 03:52 pm

woah, small world! Yeah, I know Ryn. Little cutie. I keep running into her at odd hours of the morning in Cuba mall with Jason in tow...
Static
Static
Souperman.

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 12/06/08, 03:53 pm

I can use the car if my g/f isnt, i dont mind my place, since it's just me and my g.f that live her, although she wouldnt prolly wanta be here for the animefest Razz plus its like 2min walk down to shops for ppl who want to get lunch/dinner, really depends on where majority of people live and how long they can stay out for, i could organise one sometime but it might be a few weeks before i can get a weekend off at work Razz

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 12/06/08, 03:56 pm

I only really see Ryn around school now xD.
She moved out, though I figure you know that.

Oh, yeah, and some people know that some time in the future I want to have a "D.Gray-man-a-thon" where we watch DGM straight xD. Lots of my friends want to see it, so they all think it's a good idea to croud my house up and watch it.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 12/06/08, 03:58 pm

Sweet sounds good i havent watched the first few episodes since they first aired in japan :) where in wellington are ya pura?

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 12/06/08, 03:59 pm

Oh, yeah...work...I should be able to bully my way into getting my shift covered most times lol, so I'll do what weekends you can't. We have a few eateries 'round Khandallah, but we could definitely save some cash all round by bringing nibbles or something rather than heading off en masse to macca's.

I've never actually seen DGM, colour me keen on that Very Happy
Static
Static
Souperman.

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 12/06/08, 04:02 pm

I live in Northland, easy to get to by bus~ Though to reach my house involves walking up a hill ... It's not that bad really.

The Northland shops are a wee-way away, but there's a fish and chips shop at the bottom of my street xD.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By jpwise. 12/06/08, 04:02 pm

I still haven't watched any of DGM yet, although I contemplated it while I was in withdrawal waiting for more KHR to come out. :) *is amused thinking bout these poor people who don't know the acronyms*
jpwise
jpwise
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down
http://gallery.of.geek.nz

Post By Guest. 12/06/08, 04:03 pm

Maybe i can make some snacky things for ya kiddies if i have it at my place, being uber primo chef and all, lol pura is 15 i see, i dont know if her parents would like us older 20+ people at her house Razz

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 12/06/08, 04:06 pm

Let's throw another one in - if ANYONE has GTO, I will pay you to let me watch it. God, I LOVE that show.

Nick: well, you maybe - I'm a girl, and therefore harmless. Geez! Keep up, man! We can bring ingredients then if you want to cook, how would you feel about pizzas? I call dibs on cranberries and pickles.
Static
Static
Souperman.

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 12/06/08, 04:10 pm

ive never seen gto i always wanted to get it but they never had DVD 01 when i wanted to buy it years ago Razz

Static: hey im not that bad, im usely quiet charming to older women and mothers they love me, im like a son to them, but JP now he's a worry ;)

Pizzas easy as prefer to buy the bases tho Razz pain in the ass to make the dough in a domestic kitchen Razz and pickles AND cranberries, ICKY GIRLS!

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 12/06/08, 04:10 pm

Eh, my mum's used to. Hell, I'm going to a guy's 18th party this weekend xD. It's like, "LOL ALCOHOL. DUGS. SECKS."

But ... uuh ... We, the cosplay people aren't normal, so we watch anime instead of drugs and such ... Anime is like a drug anyway.

Oh, apparently I look seventeen and am way more mature than my age ... Apparently. I don't think so. I'm getting to be around the age of five now ... Mentally ...
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 12/06/08, 04:13 pm

Pickles and cranberries - not at the same time! Although, I'm curious now. Mmmmm....

Anyway, I'm off. I'll check back in with the interested people tomorrow and see who's keen, might be able to sort a 'do out for a couple of weeks time?

Catch y'all on the flipside, man
Static
Static
Souperman.

Back to top Go down

Post By jpwise. 12/06/08, 04:15 pm

heh, yeah i'm heading the same way, was gonna do some more reading on the sewing machine manual, finish my beer, and goto sleep. night all.
jpwise
jpwise
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down
http://gallery.of.geek.nz

Post By Pura. 12/06/08, 04:17 pm

Don't make it this weekend or the next. About half of us are busy (it's birthday time of year, which = the original 'cosplay group' (basicly the people that went into town the time we first started to advertise the cosplay picnic a year ago) are all off at parties xD).

... At all the anime watching things we've had, we've had pizza for dinner.
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 12/06/08, 04:17 pm

Im like a child too, but hey who DOESNT like going to toyworld to look at the toys!

Hey if your mum dont mind then we dont mind!

But then again hey im not fussed if its 10 people or 3 people just a night of anime, food, drinks (for 18+) and id be sweet

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 12/06/08, 04:19 pm

Meh, there wouldn't be drinks.

Just normal drinks ^__^;;
Heh, Ryn had drinking parties. They were so amusing xD. (And she was sixteen ...)
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 12/06/08, 04:23 pm

hey pura did you go to the may cosplay meeting?

lol of course no drinking at your place but if i had an anime night i could get drinks for the people legally able to drink them

Any suggestions for anime to watch on the night?! i personally would love to watch Akira again, its such an awesome classic anime movie!

Back to top Go down

Post By Pura. 12/06/08, 04:31 pm

Yeeaaaah, I go to all of them xD.

Screw legally drinking them. I'd drink them anyway xD. And then go, "Urg. This is gross."

Ah well. My sister was giving me shots called 'Multiple Organisms'. Not a good thing when you're talk on the phone trying to give someone directions to your house when suddenly she yells, "RACHEL! RACHEL! TRY THIS! I'M GIVING YOU MULTIPLE ORGASMS!!". There was a loooong silence in the phone call ...

But, uh, I have a huge coke obsession ^__^;;;
Pura
Pura
Optimus Prime

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content